PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed with Dallas thus far

SpursDynasty
11-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I can't say that Dallas' 10-3 start is anything for Dallas fans to get excited about. They beat a Lakers team without Gasol and they beat the Spurs without Tony Parker and Manu who played only 7 minutes before going out of the game. The rest of the wins? Clippers, Jazz, Raptors, Rockets, T'Wolves, Pistons, Bucks, and Kings. Not exactly a hard schedule. Dallas is probably the team or close to being the team with the easiest schedule in the league thus far. You can only play who's on your schedule, but I wouldn't expected Dallas to keep winning at this pace. 51-31, first round exit.

lurker
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/ruddwat.gif

Culburn369
11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
The only way Dallas can impress is to ring.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2009, 08:35 PM
:lmao

darkwitzki
11-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok, we'll just bring you Cleveland, Boston and Orlando's heads at your door.. :ihit

KSeal
11-21-2009, 08:46 PM
:lol SD talking about other teams not being impressive.

Culburn369
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
...well, he succeeded in distracting the old Cubster. The SOB.

iggypop123
11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
what are your impressions of the spurs?

Bukefal
11-22-2009, 08:21 AM
:lol mavs. You can't ever be impressed with the mavs really

pauls931
11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Beat NO without Chris Paul in NO and i'll be impressed.

Muser
11-22-2009, 09:23 AM
People getting trolled still by SD, damn..

pauls931
11-22-2009, 09:30 AM
People getting trolled still by SD, damn..

Didn't SD lose a bet where he/she/it would not post this season?

djohn2oo8
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Didn't SD lose a bet where he/she/it would not post this season?

Yeah, he bet that the Lakers would not win the championship last year, and he would never post again. Anddddd he's back :rolleyes

pauls931
11-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Yeah, he bet that the Lakers would not win the championship last year, and he would never post again. Anddddd he's back :rolleyes

That should warrant a ban. I see people holding up their end on some nasty sig bets recently. Man up SD, or mods ban him....

dirk4mvp
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
A mod won't ban one of his own trolls.

Culburn369
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, he bet that the Lakers would not win the championship last year

Oh, my.

sefant77
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
13 games, 7 on the road, 3 games b2b

Game 1- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 2- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 3- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 4- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 5- no Howard, no Thomas
Game 6- Marion sits out the second half, no Thomas
Game 7- no Gooden, no Thomas
Game 8- no Gooden, Howard re-injured halfway through, no Thomas
Game 9- no Gooden, no Howard, no Thomas
Game 10- no Gooden, no Howard, no Dampier, no Thomas
Game 11- no Howard, no Dampier, Marion injured early, no Thomas
Game 12- No Howard, no Dampier, no Marion
Game 13- No Howard, no Dampier, no Marion

Yeah, really easy.

Btw Lakers played 9 of 12 games home...

Culburn369
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Yeah, really easy.

Another stupid ass, like the plethora in Spursdom...waiting on utopia.

Basketballgirl25
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not impressed with Dallas, Orlando I am impressed with though

Ghazi
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM
The schedule has been 21st easiest thus far... so yes not demanding but when you consider the injuries and high # of road games yes Dallas' 10-3 mark (should be 11-2) does impress me! but not to the point where I can consider them a contender.

Bender
11-22-2009, 10:00 PM
whatever happened to Leonard, SD's probation officer?

Darrin
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
I can't say that Dallas' 10-3 start is anything for Dallas fans to get excited about. They beat a Lakers team without Gasol and they beat the Spurs without Tony Parker and Manu who played only 7 minutes before going out of the game. The rest of the wins? Clippers, Jazz, Raptors, Rockets, T'Wolves, Pistons, Bucks, and Kings. Not exactly a hard schedule. Dallas is probably the team or close to being the team with the easiest schedule in the league thus far. You can only play who's on your schedule, but I wouldn't expected Dallas to keep winning at this pace. 51-31, first round exit.

I'm not impressed with any of the contenders this season. I think the quality of play is down sharpely over the past three seasons. All of them are overplaying on defense, shooting horribly, and not rebounding the basketball. At this rate we'll have an Altanta-Orlando Conference Finals in the East, Phoenix-LA in the West. And I cannot see the Lakers losing the title if that is the Final Four of basketball.

BlackSwordsMan
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
leonard hasn't posted in a while I think

ElNono
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Dallas is just peaking at the wrong time... Plus Dirk is getting spent out there...
JHo needs to come back soon and give them something or Dirk is going to be dead by the time the playoffs roll around...

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Dallas is just peaking at the wrong time... Plus Dirk is getting spent out there...
JHo needs to come back soon and give them something or Dirk is going to be dead by the time the playoffs roll around...

He's averaging 1 more minute per game than last year, on a team that has been hit early by an avalanche of injuries, and he was great in the playoffs last year. Not buying the "Dirk is going to be exhausted at playoff time" argument.

Ghazi
11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Or the peaking argument. This team can get much better.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Or the peaking argument. This team can get much better.

Yeah, I don't expect us to beat the Lakers in a 7-game series, but it's not going to be because Dirk is 'exhausted' or they played their best ball in November when they had several guys out injured.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
He's averaging 1 more minute per game than last year, on a team that has been hit early by an avalanche of injuries, and he was great in the playoffs last year. Not buying the "Dirk is going to be exhausted at playoff time" argument.

He's a year older too and he plays more as a guard than a big.
Honestly, I still don't see how this Dallas team is any different from last year. I still don't think they can get past the Nuggets/Lakers.. Same mismatches as last year...

SamoanTD
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM

Yeah, really easy.

not having thomas is not really a lose hes not that great if you havent noticed lol.

but dallas is doin pretty nice though but a 50+ winning season record is as far as the mavs go I think. Best regular season team ever :lmao

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I don't expect us to beat the Lakers in a 7-game series, but it's not going to be because Dirk is 'exhausted' or they played their best ball in November when they had several guys out injured.

TBH, I think Dirk is playing the best ball of his career right now. I don't see him playing any better than this. Probably because he had more time with Kidd, or whatever other reason. And still, I don't think this Dallas team has enough to go against the Nugz/Lakers (Mind you, I don't see the Spurs right now there either).
Obviously, this is just my impression right now. Anything can happen from here till May.

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:04 PM
He's a year older too and he plays more as a guard than a big.

He's 31 and he's playing as well as he ever has.

Honestly, I still don't see how this Dallas team is any different from last year. I still don't think they can get past the Nuggets/Lakers.. Same mismatches as last year...

Well, on paper anyways, once they get healthy, Gooden gives them post-scoring off the bench, Thomas gives them a guy who when motivated can stretch the floor with his 3-point shooting, Ross gives them a Bowen-esque perimeter defender, a healthy Howard is another All-Star caliber weapon (he was very limited in the Denver series), and Marion is another All-Star caliber weapon that can guard multiple positions. All on paper, anyways. They haven't been healthy. I think they're clearly better than last year. Doesn't mean they'll beat the Lakers or Nugs, but they upgraded their team for sure. We can argue about whether those upgrades were sufficient or not, but I don't see how you can say they're just the same.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Ross is weak as shit. Both Ron Ron and Melo can basically run over the guy. I actually think Beaubois actually might make a better defender over time because he's got crazy reach. He's just making rookie mistakes now. Outside of that, you basically haven't addressed the main concern, which is defense. Gooden will give up as much as he gives you. Marion was touted as a great one on one defender, but I don't think he ever has been that. He just looked great in Phoenix because basically nobody else played any D. I think the only silver lining is going to be on what can Damp can give you protecting the paint in a contract year. I just wouldn't put all my defensive eggs in one Dampier basket.

SamoanTD
11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
He's 31 and he's playing as well as he ever has.

Well, on paper anyways, once they get healthy, Gooden gives them post-scoring off the bench, Thomas gives them a guy who when motivated can stretch the floor with his 3-point shooting, Ross gives them a Bowen-esque perimeter defender, a healthy Howard is another All-Star caliber weapon (he was very limited in the Denver series), and Marion is another All-Star caliber weapon that can guard multiple positions. All on paper, anyways. They haven't been healthy. I think they're clearly better than last year. Doesn't mean they'll beat the Lakers or Nugs, but they upgraded their team for sure. We can argue about whether those upgrades were sufficient or not, but I don't see how you can say they're just the same.
:lmao im sorry that you even THINK that piece of shit is anything close to what bowen was as ah defender even on his decline in the NBA I would still take bowen.

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
:lmao im sorry that you even THINK that piece of shit is anything close to what bowen was as ah defender even on his decline in the NBA I would still take bowen.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200910300LAL.html

I'll take that line from Kobe every time with Marion and Ross taking turns on him.

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Ross is weak as shit. Both Ron Ron and Melo can basically run over the guy. I actually think Beaubois actually might make a better defender over time because he's got crazy reach. He's just making rookie mistakes now. Outside of that, you basically haven't addressed the main concern, which is defense. Gooden will give up as much as he gives you. Marion was touted as a great one on one defender, but I don't think he ever has been that. He just looked great in Phoenix because basically nobody else played any D. I think the only silver lining is going to be on what can Damp can give you protecting the paint in a contract year. I just wouldn't put all my defensive eggs in one Dampier basket.

Why are the Mavs playing really good defense so far? This team's offense has not been performing well at all. How are they winning games when they put up poor-shooting nights?

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Why are the Mavs playing really good defense so far? This team's offense has not been performing well at all. How are they winning games when they put up poor-shooting nights?

You think the Mavs are playing good defense? Hmm... Ok!

badfish22
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM

:lol such a dumb fuck

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2010.html

Defensive rating: 5th out of 30

And having watched the games, yes I do think they're playing good defense overall, considering how short-handed they've been. I am concerned about perimeter defense, despite the additions of Marion and Ross. Tyreeke Evans lit us up last night.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Last night was actually the first Mavs game I missed :toast
I'm not really impressed with the D honestly. I don't think it's really different from last year.
I actually think that their biggest problem is interior D. Granted, Dampier has been out, and he's motivated to make a difference. I just don't know if he'll be enough.
But we'll see I guess.

badfish22
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2010.html

Defensive rating: 5th out of 30

And having watched the games, yes I do think they're playing good defense overall, considering how short-handed they've been. I am concerned about perimeter defense, despite the additions of Marion and Ross. Tyreeke Evans lit us up last night.

Our perimeter defense is suffering mostly because we play JJ, Kidd and Terry at the same time.

For some reason Barea gaurds some of the quick guards (Bynum, Jennings) and has gotten lit up.

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Our perimeter defense is suffering mostly because we play JJ, Kidd and Terry at the same time.

For some reason Barea gaurds some of the quick guards (Bynum, Jennings) and has gotten lit up.

Yeah, hopefully in the playoffs, the rotation will limit Barea to spot minutes. Coach Rick doesn't trust Roddy yet with crunch-time minutes, but hopefully he'll be able to earn a spot in the rotation if he keeps it up.

badfish22
11-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Not sure if you have seen this, but I'll go ahead and post it here:

In the Milwaukee game, when Barea and Brandon Jennings were on the court at the same time, Jennings was:
FG 6-of-13
FT 2-of-4
PTS 17
REB 5
AST 4
TO 1

In the Milwaukee game, here are Jennings’ numbers when JJB was out of the game:
FG 2-of-9
FT 3-of-4
PTS 8
REB 2
AST 4
TO 1

In the Detroit game, when Barea and Will Bynum were on the court at the same time, Bynum:
PTS 19
REB 2
AST 2

In the Detroit game, here are Bynum’s numbers when JJB was out of the game:
PTS 8
REB 0
AST 1

Here’s the Mavs’ opponent, Barea’s Plus/Minus stat, and the Mavs’ Plus-Minus stat for that game:
GAME JJ’s +/- MAVS’ +/-
1.Wash -12 -11
2.LAL 0 +14
3.LAC -4 +9
4.Utah +1 +11
5.N.O. -3 -7
6.Tor +18 +28
7.Hou +2 +18
8.S.A. -8 -9
9.Minn +1 +12
10.Det -7 +5
11.Milw -15 +2

Ghazi
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Mavs are way better this year than last year... I think over 100+ starts last year were given to the likes of Singleton, Green, Wright, Hollins, George, etc... even Stack starteda few games i think... gone are those days due to the massive upgrade in depth... Ross is probably our worst starter thus far... and thats cause the Mavs are missing their top two wing players.

Much different team than last year... on paper

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Not sure if you have seen this, but I'll go ahead and post it here:

In the Milwaukee game, when Barea and Brandon Jennings were on the court at the same time, Jennings was:
FG 6-of-13
FT 2-of-4
PTS 17
REB 5
AST 4
TO 1

In the Milwaukee game, here are Jennings’ numbers when JJB was out of the game:
FG 2-of-9
FT 3-of-4
PTS 8
REB 2
AST 4
TO 1

In the Detroit game, when Barea and Will Bynum were on the court at the same time, Bynum:
PTS 19
REB 2
AST 2

In the Detroit game, here are Bynum’s numbers when JJB was out of the game:
PTS 8
REB 0
AST 1

Here’s the Mavs’ opponent, Barea’s Plus/Minus stat, and the Mavs’ Plus-Minus stat for that game:
GAME JJ’s +/- MAVS’ +/-
1.Wash -12 -11
2.LAL 0 +14
3.LAC -4 +9
4.Utah +1 +11
5.N.O. -3 -7
6.Tor +18 +28
7.Hou +2 +18
8.S.A. -8 -9
9.Minn +1 +12
10.Det -7 +5
11.Milw -15 +2

Goddamn. Those +/- contrasts between JJB and the entire team for every single game show a very clear pattern.

SamoanTD
11-23-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200910300LAL.html

I'll take that line from Kobe every time with Marion and Ross taking turns on him.
and your point is?..................

Findog
11-23-2009, 12:19 AM

He shot 6-19. Are you illiterate?

sefant77
11-23-2009, 08:03 AM

Ross plays really good defense, he played great against Kobe. Just watch the game before u try to diss Ross...

Sportstudi
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM

Additionally, he didn't play basketball over the summer but rested instead. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Brazil
11-23-2009, 03:19 PM
One team impressed me so far: lakers, they are just above everything else.

pauls931
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
One team impressed me so far: lakers, they are just above everything else.

Me too, and it pisses me off.

Brazil
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Me too, and it pisses me off.

Me too, Fuck the damn Lakers

LOL@MavsFan
11-23-2009, 03:50 PM

Yeah, really easy.

And how much does that matter in the grand scheme of things? Not a damn thing....so stop :toast the Mavs for mediocre accomplishments.

LOL@MavsFan
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
He shot 6-19. Are you illiterate?

LOL @ Mark Aguirre:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:r ollin

Xylus
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Goddamn. Those +/- contrasts between JJB and the entire team for every single game show a very clear pattern.

+/- is a very misleading stat, as we all know. I'm not going to argue that JJB has a positive effect on your team, but I think that just shows that your starting unit builds leads, and your currently thin bench (especially with Marion and Howard in and out of the lineup) loses or maintains those leads. It's pretty normal for an elite team's starters all to have high +/- ratings, and their bench to have relatively low +/- ratings.

An Unbiased Fan
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
The Mavericks are destined to always be the bridesmaid instead of the groom. :married:

I feel bad for Cuban though, he should have bought the Lakers instead.

sribb43
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Who gives a shit.... For the most part the mavs are winning games that they should be, that's something they couldn't do the past few years, especially on the road. Factor in all the injuries and I'll take a 10-3 start

badfish22
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Who gives a shit.... For the most part the mavs are winning games that they should be, that's something they couldn't do the past few years, especially on the road. Factor in all the injuries and I'll take a 10-3 start

Yep :toast

Better than having injuries and being out to a 5-6 start....