PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Can this mofo play or not? Ever since he got back he hasn't shown me shit.

I just want to say.............

WTF?

:depressed

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 09:41 PM
I am serious....... Isn't anyone else concerned?

Dre_7
04-20-2005, 09:43 PM

I am not concerened about his game.
His ankle? Yeah. His game? No.

Leetonidas
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM

He's fine dude, don't sweat it. Regular season is playtime for Tim, you'll see the REAL Tim Duncan come Sunday.

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I would like to restart this topic, because I think this is the key to any chance of winning of course.

So I would like to apologize for my actions and the actions of others. Hopefully that will be okay...........

:angel

ducks
04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
BIG CIA POP
denver will never know if duncan is healthy tell sunday

T Park
04-20-2005, 10:06 PM
He hasn't blocked a shot in a month

he had 3 blocks against the Grizzlies, so wrong again sir.

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 10:08 PM
BIG CIA POP
denver will never know if duncan is healthy tell sunday

I hope you're right for once Ducks.

Kori Ellis
04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Sequ, it's a legitimate concern. Duncan doesn't seem to have any hops at all (that's why all his shots are short). I think his ankle is relatively sturdy, but his confidence to jump or bang inside is not. He's got to just play through it. But it will probably take a few more games til he gets comfortable.

BTW, everyone who posted in this thread and got deleted, should take this warning to heart ...

If I have to come home and edit a thread like this again. EVERYONE involved will be banned for one week. And I don't care that we are in the midst of the playoffs.

Ginofan
04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
lol nm just got the message

TDfan2007
04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
k... well I'm not going to disagree that Tim has been playing like shit but that's because Pop won't give the guy enough minutes. 23 minutes for Tim won't cut it in the playoffs, we'll be looking at a 1st round exit unless Tim plays 34+ minutes and can actually hit his jumpshot (which, btw, looked absolutely disgusting tonight @ Minnesota).

What scares me the most is that he can't hit his bank shot anymore!!!! :wow

That bank shot should be his go to move while his ankle is still bothering him since he doesn't need that much lift from his legs to get it off because he can put such a high arc on the shot.

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Sequ, it's a legitimate concern. Duncan doesn't seem to have any hops at all (that's why all his shots are short). I think his ankle is relatively sturdy, but his confidence to jump or bang inside is not. He's got to just play through it. But it will probably take a few more games til he gets comfortable.

Exactly, I am really concerned and he was limpin on the sideline, favoring the other foot.

I am going to ask one of my phyical therapists to analyze the tape.

And.........

I blame Tpark.

slayermin
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
To me, TD is holding back. I don't think he gave it his all these last three games.

But I think when the games count, we will see TD more aggressive.

TDfan2007
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM

couldn't agree more.

TDfan2007
04-20-2005, 10:16 PM
To me, TD is holding back. I don't think he gave it his all these last three games.

But I think when the games count, we will see TD more aggressive.

aggressive like he was against Memphis. Please. First off, Tim never holds back, he just makes what he does look really easy. Second, until Tim can play on 2 whole legs, he is going to stick w/ jumpshots for fear of reinjury (which is ironic since you need good legs for jumpshots, but oh well). I.E. he will not be very aggressive until his ankle heals a bit more.

T Park
04-20-2005, 10:20 PM
IMO, the ankle will have 3 days to heal, and 3 days of rest.

Itll do him nothing but good.

He does though need to stop thinking about the ankle and just go with it.

Tape it up, have a brace.

If you get hurt again, you get hurt again, you cant do nothing about it.

exstatic
04-20-2005, 10:24 PM
This might be a concern if we didn't have Nazr, the rebounding machine, and Big Dog, the human post up and jumpshot machine. SA will be fine until Tim has confidence in the ankle.

SequSpur
04-20-2005, 10:26 PM
I would like to restart this topic, because I think this is the key to any chance of winning of course.

So I would like to apologize for my actions and the actions of others. Hopefully that will be okay...........

:fro

T Park
04-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Ginobili will be more than rested also by sunday.

Tony parker as well.

Ginobili and Parker need to be agressive, go to the hole, and set up Barry or Bowen.

Duncan just needs to take a deep breath and just GO.

I know its tough, but, hes just gotta do it.

I dont think your EVER 100% in the playoffs, but, youve GOTTA do it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-20-2005, 10:32 PM
You can tell Tim doesn't have any confidence in his ankle, from a mental standpoint.

He's almost afraid to jump. It's screwing up his shooting, he's not rebounding worth anything, and he's not playing D that well either (which, IMO is the biggest thing we need him around for).

Tim needs to get his head screwed on straight, or I don't see us making it out of the west.

Summers
04-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Exactly, I am really concerned and he was limpin on the sideline, favoring the other foot.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I saw it too, and rewound it (I love digital cable) and my take was he was shuffling around the crowd--kind of had to stop and switch directions and list to the left, so it looked gimpy, but...

Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see. :)

Should we read anything at all into his sitting on the floor for the whole 4th quarter?

T Park
04-20-2005, 11:11 PM
uhhh, the floor is more comfortable???

No, I think Tim is a strange duck, so dont try to read into anything he does.

Hes very intelligent, but very, different.

Obstructed_View
04-20-2005, 11:15 PM
When AD was here he always sat on the floor.