texas A&M, naturally

jalbre6
04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
mark it now
undefeated
win over ohio state
oklahoma
texas A&M, naturally

I like your attitude, but it's a little unrealistic. Along with the OU game in Dallas, the Horns have to go to Columbus, Stillwater, and College Station this season, all likely top 25 games. I got a feeling that the UT - A&M might be an old-fashioned SWC showdown with the Big 12 championship game berth for the winner.

They'll lose one of those four, and that should be it. The bigger news is that I think OU could drop two, possibly as many as three games next season. Both TCU and Tulsa are decent, and going to UCLA isn't going to be easy. The Bruins are a lot better team then they have been the last four years or so.

Ballcox
04-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not too optimistic about going undefeated, I've been watching/attending Longhorn games for too long! I think we lose at least 1-2 games this season, most likely at ohio state and then another road game somewhere else. Here's my nightmare scenario for next season:

We beat ohio state in a very close game and ride that momentum to beat ou in Dallas, finally ending five years of frustration due to ou's breaking in a new OL, new QB and new WR's as well. Texas goes on to win remaining games on schedule, with the exception of a loss at Ok. State. ou also goes on to win the rest of their games, tied with UT as we get ready to take on a&m. We walk into that hell hole in college station, last game of the season, tied with ou for Big XII South division lead. All we have to do is beat a&m for the 6th time in a row since we own the tiebraker against ou. However, a&m then beats us to end their 5 year losing streak to UT and we finish one game behind ou for the Big XII South title, another disappointing season. That is the nightmare that keeps me up at night, I only hope to God it doesn't come true. My main thinking in this is that you know a winning/losing streak can't go on for more than five seasons (more than likely). I just see us ending one five year losing streak, while a&m ends thier five year losing streak, that shit scares the hell out of me!

respect the 'fro :fro

mookie2001
04-21-2005, 04:25 PM
they say ramonce taylor makes vince young look like rasho in sprints
he can catch like reggie bush
better defense than last year
with cedric griffin, from san antonio texas, will take 2 to the house this season
WRs
jordan shipley and limas sweed can play too
and quan cosby has come in and they say he's on point with vince and catching everything
plus jammal charles and selvin young, the running isnt a problem
watch out for freshman henry melton
he...can...do...IT...ALL...

run vince run

jalbre6
04-21-2005, 04:42 PM
We beat ohio state in a very close game and ride that momentum to beat ou in Dallas, finally ending five years of frustration due to ou's breaking in a new OL, new QB and new WR's as well. Texas goes on to win remaining games on schedule, with the exception of a loss at Ok. State. ou also goes on to win the rest of their games, tied with UT as we get ready to take on a&m. We walk into that hell hole in college station, last game of the season, tied with ou for Big XII South division lead.

What scares me even worse is it UT gets past Ohio St and OU and are sitting pretty at 6-0 after beating a pretty good Colorado team. Then they start looking ahead at Okla St, who might be 6-0 as well if they get past A&M in College Station.

And then Tech pops the Horns at Memorial. Goddamn, will I be irate.

11-0 before the conference title game is wishful, 10-1 is possible, but 9-2 is probably the most realistic.

mookie2001
04-21-2005, 04:56 PM
9-2?
we'll see texas rolled tech up and smoked them last year, which alot (almost all) of "experts" and "analyst" were picking tech to upset
and i think they can beat ok state as long as they dont get behind by more than 6 touchdowns
and they great thing about the horns is that lately theyve been habitually waxing a&m
i do think the aggies will show up big, and itll be a difficult game, MAYBE even close.

this is the year they beat oklahoma, unless OU gets all their departing starters back and jason white returns for his 9th year

jalbre6
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
and i think they can beat ok state as long as they dont get behind by more than 6 touchdowns

:lol

Last year scared the crap out of me as well.

tlongII
04-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Texas will be in the Holiday Bowl as usual.

mookie2001
04-21-2005, 07:54 PM
tlong who do you like in cfootball?
portland state?

Mr Dio
04-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Is that the one played in Pasadena?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/recaps/2005/01/01/27211_recap.html

Cant_Be_Faded
04-22-2005, 09:00 PM
This thread is funny because Mookie has been predicting Texas to go undefeated for the past 3 years

mookie2001
04-22-2005, 11:22 PM
this is the best texas team in my lifetime

09/03 Louisiana-Lafayette
09/10 at Ohio State
09/17 Rice
10/01 at Missouri
10/08 vs. Oklahoma
10/15 Colorado
10/22 Texas Tech
10/29 at Oklahoma State
11/05 at Baylor
11/12 Kansas
11/25 at Texas A&M

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I would agree if not for the fact that i never know anything about Texas Football teams besides what you tell me

Madhavi thought the thing you wrote on my fridge said "the year of romance"
lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
this is the best texas team in my lifetime

The problem is come gameday you've still got Mack as your coach.

Mr Dio
04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
A prob I'm sure UT would gladly live with after the result this yr. UT won their BCS bowl game.

Ballcox
04-25-2005, 02:09 PM
You know, Tech doesn't really worry me since we're playing them at home, we've owned Tech at home for a while now. Playing them in Lubbock is a different matter. The games that worry me are the road games, playing at Ohio State is brutal. I do think losing that game wouldn't be a huge deal since plenty of the season is left to make up ground and it isn't conference. Playing ou in Dallas is of course a concern since we've been their bitch for five years running, that streak HAS to come to an end this season, they are ripe for losing this year. Another game that has me worried is at Ok. State, those guys will remember last year's game where they should have won, will be looking for payback big time. Another iffy game is at Missouri, those guys do tend to play well at home, if you overlook them could be a L. And last is at a&m. I've been to several UT/a&m games at college station, and that place is very difficult to play at. As much as I can't stand a&m, I have to give them props for their home crowd. They are loud as hell and stand the ENTIRE game, amazing home field advantage for a&m. As much as I feel it's time for us to end our losing streak to ou, I have the same gut feeling that a&m is due to end their losing streak to us. This is going to be a dicy college football season for UT, some big time away games that we have to win to get into the BCS mix. Hook'em!

respect the 'fro

2centsworth
04-26-2005, 12:14 AM
You must be related to LakerGod. Your team isn't worthy of it's own thread so you come here to get some type of perverse pleasure from talking down your chief rival. Be glad UT still considers Atm somewhat of a rival, but after this years typical ass kicking we're going to have to take that title away. Too much of a compliment to be UT's rival, especially for an aggie.

mookie2001
04-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Be glad UT still considers Atm somewhat of a rival, but after this years typical ass kicking we're going to have to take that title away. Too much of a compliment to be UT's rival, especially for an aggie.

well said

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2005, 12:22 AM
ut students have been saying for like 2 years that the aggie game is just like beating around their little brother, not a real rivalry game anymore.

jalbre6
04-27-2005, 03:01 AM
My guess on the Top Ten of '05:

1 - USC

2 - Ohio State

3 - Florida

4 - Miami

5 - Arizona State

6- Virginia Tech

7 - Minnesota

8 - Texas

9 - LSU

10 - Iowa

mookie2001
04-27-2005, 01:36 PM
jailbre six youre killing me smalls
texas plays usc for the national championship

Ballcox
04-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Jalbre, you don't even have ou in your top 10, huh? I know they've got a lot of holes to fill, but damn if Stoops hasn't been really good at just bringing guys in to fill holes year in and year out. From what I've been reading, our kid from Texas, Rhett Bhomar, might end up starting at QB for the sooners this year. That just sucks! They've already got Peterson starting at RB, he's from Texas and now Bhomar maybe starting at QB, and he's from Texas as well. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing the sooners succeed with kids from Texas, that just irritates me to no end.

jalbre6
04-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Perhaps I should explain myself a bit.

(1) I don't see OU in the top ten since they lost so many keys to their passing attack. They'll lose two or three games this season. Bomar, the kid from Grand Prairie, is a stud but still is untested.

(2) Texas will go as far as VY takes them. The passing attack should be improved from last year but replacing longtime starters that got drafted as high as Benson and DJ is a tall order.

(3) Tech scares me this year because it's the perfect game to look past.

(4) The only key player Ohio State lost was their kicker. Miami is replacing mediocre talent with redshirted HS All-Americans. Minnesota's only key player lost was Barber, their tailback. AZ State returns a crapload of starters as well.

(5) You guys saw what Urban Meyer did with Utah, and now he gets to play mad scientist at UF with a bunch of blue chips that are already used to a spread offense.

(6) Va Tech has a good defense and Marcus Vick at QB, and Miami is the only other legit threat in the ACC this season.

(7) LSU's division in the SEC is brutal, but they ought to come out on top and then have the misfortune of a date with the Gators in Atlanta.

Mr Dio
04-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Your team isn't worthy of it's own thread so you come here to get some type of perverse pleasure from talking down your chief rival. Be glad UT still considers Atm somewhat of a rival, but after this years typical ass kicking we're going to have to take that title away. Too much of a compliment to be UT's rival
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
That was TOO damn funny!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2005, 10:19 PM
At least Franchione can beat Stoops. :lol

We'll see what happens this fall, your days of being able to talk that kind of smack are just about over.

Mr Dio
04-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Franchione

This must be the guy that lead aNm to that awesome Cotton Bowl victory?
Way to represent the state guy!!!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

2centsworth
04-29-2005, 07:19 AM
at least Mack Brown knows how to beat Franchione.

Mr Dio
04-29-2005, 09:02 AM
at least Mack Brown knows how to beat Franchione.

:lmao

:owned SO :stfu :idiot :eyebrows

msufan420
04-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Wow...I dunno about undefeated. The Longhorns should go on an incredible run this year though. Vince Young proved in the Rose Bowl he can make up for some of the offensive production that was lost with Benson. I also think people may be sleeping on that kid from Clark H.S. (can't remember his name).

I think Texas' only true threat this year is at Ohio State. That's one helluva place to play in. Not to mention they have a strong squad led by AJ Hawk and Troy Smith...Smith is almost as deadly as Vince, especially in the open field.

It'd be cool to see UT carry some of that karma from the Rose Bowl on thru this season.

jalbre6
04-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Wow...I dunno about undefeated. The Longhorns should go on an incredible run this year though. Vince Young proved in the Rose Bowl he can make up for some of the offensive production that was lost with Benson. I also think people may be sleeping on that kid from Clark H.S. (can't remember his name).

I think Texas' only true threat this year is at Ohio State. That's one helluva place to play in. Not to mention they have a strong squad led by AJ Hawk and Troy Smith...Smith is almost as deadly as Vince, especially in the open field.

It'd be cool to see UT carry some of that karma from the Rose Bowl on thru this season.

Ted Ginn scares the shit out of me. Troy Smith is a player, don't get me wrong, but even your Spartans bottled him up last year, if I recall. (Wasn't the MSU-OSU game the one where Ginn scored on a punt return, a pitch play, and on a reception?)

mookie2001
04-30-2005, 07:12 PM
jerrell wilkerson went to clark, the freshman who'll make the immediate impact is jamal charles from port arthur, but with s young and ramonce taylor (10 yds per carry 2004) he wont need to

Mr Dio
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I hope Quan C. makes an immed impact as a Frosh WR.

mookie2001
04-30-2005, 08:42 PM
ive heard really good things about him, thats hes outshining shipley and sweed in practices
he's a man too, 23 years old i think

Mr Dio
05-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Quan is suppossed to be up around 200lbs so he is already bigger than most college CBs. At 5'11" that is preety solid for a WR & if he does run a 4.4 40 he will be dangerous.

Mr Dio
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Hadn't read this before but thought it was funny.

"And if Texcess seems a tad overbearing, remember, it could be Texas A&M playing in the Rose Bowl instead. [....] Aggies, by comparison, are the Lone Star bund, partial to military uniforms, knee-high leather boots and severe buzz cuts. Their 'traditions' include spending the whole football game standing up with their hands on their knees, as if straining at stool. Fortunately, for UT fans and Californians alike, the Longhorns regularly whip the Aggies in football." ~ Joe Nick Patoski, L.A. Times, 12/30/04

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Look, I mainly felt compelled to respond because of Mr. Dio's (not even a UT grad) neverending bullshit on this site about Aggie fans being the scourge of the earth, being sheep fuckers, etc. etc.

As far as the B12 south goes, I really think in the next year or two A&M and UT will start having the kind of battles they used to have when the games were at night on ESPN back in the 80s, and the series will be back to the point where Thanksgiving + 2 will be for the Big 12 South.

Sorry if y'all get a little offended over the trash talk, just remember to hold yourselves to the same trash talk/y'all suck standards that you're whining over my posts about. It's all in fun, except for bandwagoners like Mr. Dio who come on here talking shit as a third party but only having a division III education to fall back on.

Those of you legit UT folks, it's all good and it's fixing to start being a lot of fun come Thanksgiving weekend.

2centsworth
05-01-2005, 07:20 PM
everything is cool aggiehoops. Politically we seem to agree on a lot of stuff, but in sports we find ourselves on opposite sides pretty often. It's what makes the world go round i guess.

Mr Dio
05-01-2005, 08:45 PM
I won't name names but for the IDIOT who can't read, I posted what a PROFESSIONAL WRITER had written. If you have something to say negatively write him. Don't be a scared bitch. If you disagree with what MANY CALIFORNIANS think of the school mommy & daddy sent you off to then write him.

bandwagoners like Mr. Dio who come on here talking shit as a third party but only having a division III education to fall back on.

So, anyone that didn't go to a Division I school sucks? Sack up & say it son.

Bandwagoner? Hah, you're too funny. I was attending UT games when you were still swimming in daddy's sack.

Joe Nick Patoski, L.A. Times, 12/30/04
The above is for the IDOT who has such an awesome education she wasn't accepted by the Navy. WRITE HIM & voice your opinion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2005, 09:45 PM
So because you found some clown with a sportswriting gig that makes you right? :lol

Whatever. My beef isn't with that quote, you've been talking shit about A&M for a couple of months now on this site.

And I never said anything about all people who didn't go to DI schools, just your ass. No one asked you to chime in on A&M a few months back, but you went off on this tyrade like someone from A&M kicked your dog when you were a boy and stole your wife two weeks after your honeymoon.

Get over it.

mookie2001
05-02-2005, 01:45 AM
may 1st 2005 houston chronicle
jamaal charles of port arthur memorial, wins 2 state championships in hurdles

Ballcox
05-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I tell ya, two games every season that I never take lightly are a&m and ou. You can throw records out the window every time UT matches up with those two teams. I also agree with the aggie poster about their football team. They had a MONSTER recruiting class last year, and it looks like this year's class will be solid top to bottom for them. Personally, I like seeing a&m come out the football funk they've been in for the last few seasons. It makes the games against them at the end of the season even better, more tension and anxiety with the outcome of that game. I fully expect a&m to be a factor in the Big XII South, along with ou and UT.

Mr Dio
05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
So because you found some clown with a sportswriting gig that makes you right?

Actually, it does. :lol :elephant :lol :elephant I thought it was funny. Now I think it was hilarious because it got some loser who couldn't put himself through college so he pretended he was being recruited by the CIA for a secret mission to save the world. Mommy & Daddy proud of their full of shit daughter?

you've been talking shit about A&M for a couple of months now on this site

Yeah, I'm the only one huh? LOL! What an idiot.

No one asked you to chime in on A&M a few months back, but you went off

Hate to do this to you laggie IDIOT but..Look @ the thread. It isn't about aNm. Now who is going off like a cadet raped him in the stable? You are such a :princess , did I hurt your feelings bitch? You must really have an aNm education or you are truly an IDIOT.

mookie2001
05-04-2005, 10:57 AM
well i did mention a&m, beating them at least
oh well
vince young is going to run all over the big 12 and the nation, I knew this was coming in his first dam game coming in for mock in a blowout the guy pulls of 2 long TD runs and clowns the D like no other. when they got hot last year is when they just him run buckwild, like 5 or so games into the season, it looked like noway he'd have a 1000 yds, then they just let him do his thing and it worked, the thing is that the more he runs, it decreases the difficulty of his passes and then when they start covering the pass, he'll bust a 60 yd TD the dude is a one man offense, and with some recievers and a sickeningly speedy pass/run threat out of the backfield or in the slot like ramonce taylor (i cant say this enough 10+ yds per carry as a true freshman), Vince is gonna be like Bozo this season, clowning for a living

and he's from Texas, imagine that

Dingle Barry
05-08-2005, 11:53 PM
ive heard really good things about him, thats hes outshining shipley and sweed in practices
he's a man too, 23 years old i think

Thats really impressive considering he hasnt enrolled or practiced yet.

mookie2001
05-09-2005, 12:59 AM
ill give you that one, i was thinking of carter
anyway quans on point, they wouldnt sign a guy who hasnt played in so long if he couldnt play

Mr Dio
05-09-2005, 05:58 AM
True, he can't officially workout w/the team til June when he enrolls. On May 3rd there was an article he was interviewed for on Orangebloods.com where he talked about what kind of workouts he was curr doing. He did go to a couple of camps & that is where he was weighed, etc...

On what he's been doing to get ready for his football career:
I've just been working out, running, getting back into football shape. As far as certain football skills, I'll do the 7-on-7 stuff when I get down there for summer school. But right now I'm trying to get into football shape

Dingle Barry
05-10-2005, 07:55 AM
The key to next season is Greg Davis, the same as it ever was

mookie2001
05-27-2005, 01:27 PM
all wins

vince scores 39 tds

Dingle Barry
05-28-2005, 05:09 AM
Look, I mainly felt compelled to respond because of Mr. Dio's (not even a UT grad) neverending bullshit on this site about Aggie fans being the scourge of the earth, being sheep fuckers, etc. etc.

As far as the B12 south goes, I really think in the next year or two A&M and UT will start having the kind of battles they used to have when the games were at night on ESPN back in the 80s, and the series will be back to the point where Thanksgiving + 2 will be for the Big 12 South.

Sorry if y'all get a little offended over the trash talk, just remember to hold yourselves to the same trash talk/y'all suck standards that you're whining over my posts about. It's all in fun, except for bandwagoners like Mr. Dio who come on here talking shit as a third party but only having a division III education to fall back on.

Those of you legit UT folks, it's all good and it's fixing to start being a lot of fun come Thanksgiving weekend.

I've been hearing this same optimistic shit from aggies for the past 5 years, especially since the hiring of Frantastic. Anyway, what happens two days after Thanksgiving? Meat judging? Yeah, y'all have a fighting chance in that again this year.

The only way UT/aggy will replace the Red River OU Victory as the premiere battle for the South is if Frantastic and Stoops decide to switch schools.

mookie2001
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
can yall imagine the options UT can throw out there with the speed of young, young and taylor?
they say ramonce taylor makes reggie bush look like rasho

Mr Dio
05-31-2005, 06:35 PM
they say ramonce taylor makes reggie bush look like rasho

He needs a little more field vision but his speed & moves are on par w/Reggie. I can't wait for football season!
The options UT will have on O will be awesome IF Limas & Quan can match Thomas' threat as a receiving option. I think Vince will be improved as a passer but still have a way to go. His legs are the kiss of death to an opponents D though, he's proven that.
UT's D needs a few of these younf(Frosh/Soph) to step up big time & maybe even a couple of Frosh starting by mid season. That D line is the strength if the DT rotation is as strong as it looks that would be the anchor allowing the pass D to improve over time. Don't have too much time though, got OSU early.

mookie2001
05-31-2005, 06:54 PM
i cant wait either, besides my other predictions
david thomas will lead the BIG 12 in TE TDs by far
ced griffin (from san antonio TX) will take 3 to the house this year

vinces gonna make 192 rush 4td 180 pass td, look like matt nordgrens stats, (at least in a few games)

that d-lines gonna be killer with frank okam keeping dibbles and rod fresh

Mr Dio
05-31-2005, 07:48 PM
If those young DEs put some pressure from the outside then that would be awesome.
DT rotation only getting better w/Roy Miller coming onboard.

Ballcox
06-01-2005, 12:09 PM
^ agree with the above post. Our D line should be one of the biggest areas of improvement this upcoming season. One thing our D couldn't do last year was generate pressure on the QB with just a standard 4 lineman rush, we had to blitz in order to rush the opposing QB or get a sack.

This season, we've got a potential 1st team all-american at DT, Rod Wright,who will be paired up with returning starter Dibbles. Behind them you've got Okam and Miller, our future starting DT combo. Then on the edge we've got Mike Williams coming back after missing last season due to academic problems, he'll probably start at LE with Crowder starting at RE. And we've got great depth there with Robison, Orakpo and the youngster Lewis backing up the DE spots. My main question with our defense is who will step into the WLB spot vacated by DJ? Killebrew looks like he might be the guy, possibly Babino as well. All in all, with Chizik as our D coordinator and the # of returning players we have, it should be a dominant defensive unit.

Dingle Barry
06-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I think Kill plays WLB. Bobino is apparently the real deal, but I just cant imagine someone his size playing weakside. Rashad will take over for Harris at MIKE year after next.

Mr Dio
06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
OK, you 2 stop it! I'm getting a hard-on reading & re-reading this over & over. I can't wait!

Ballcox
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Yeah, agree on Babino, he's more suited to the MLB position, can't wait to see him in action, he has evidently impressed the coaches with his potential. I also like the move of Foreman back to SLB, he's got all kinds of athletic talent, main problem has been just having more of that killer instinct that you need as a LB. I'm also really excited to see Killebrew play at WLB, that kid was a stud coming out of HS and I'm looking for him to really make a name for himself on the defense this year. Even with the loss of DJ, I think our overall defense should be improved this upcoming season, we are SOLID at all positions. Now, if we can just figure out a way to beat ou we'll be set!

Dingle Barry
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I can't wait to see Foreman do something. I keep hearing about his abilities, but the only action I saw of him was getting schooled my Matt Jones in Austin.

We are/going to be so fucking loaded at LB, it is sick. My greediness has me hoping we manage to get Toryan Smith from Georgia. Prototype MLB/asskicker.

mookie2001
06-02-2005, 12:47 PM
very deep in secondary too
the D is better than last year for sure, craig way said they would be last year

but ramonce and vince are gonna be tired from scoring so many TDs
this is a very good team

Ballcox
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
I think on offense you also have to take into consideration that Selvin Young will be back playing, and the J. Charles kid will also be coming in at RB. This combined with what many experts think will be one of the best OL in the COUNTRY. I start to drool all over myself when I think about the options we have on offense, Vince, Romance, Selvin, J. Charles, D. Thomas, L. Sweed, J. Shipley, Q. Crosby...............

The list goes on and on. I also think this team will be hungry to prove that winning the Rose Bowl last year was no fluke, they'll definitely get an early chance to do that playing at Ohio State. Regardless of that game, the one game I have circled is in October against ou, that f**king team haunts me on a daily basis, if we don't beat ou this year (and they are primed for a beat down) I'm going to really lose it!

Dingle Barry
06-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Before you get too excited about all of our weapons, remember who is up in the booth using them.

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Texas Will You Beat The Piss Outta Osu Please, I Effin Hate Those Damn Buckeyes...

Btw...how Is This Site Come Football Season...

Go Blue And Damn Vince Young Lol

samikeyp
06-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Come football season we are pretty active. You should jump in. There is a poster who will be here named MSUFan.....that should be fun! :)

theMUHMEshow
06-07-2005, 01:17 PM
OH HELL YEAH!!!!

I was looking for a good college football forum! That, my friend, is my fav time of year!

Ballcox
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Before you get too excited about all of our weapons, remember who is up in the booth using them.

The offensive guru that is Greg Davis, right? I can't stand the guy, and his play calling at times makes no sense. He's been very fortunate to have the offensive weapons he's had at Texas, those players cover up for a allot of just plain bad play calls he's made. But, Mack has hitched his wagon to Greg, he's brought the damn guy to every coaching stop he's made, so we're stuck with him until the time comes where Mack HAS to get rid of him or lose his own job.

mookie2001
06-08-2005, 09:54 PM
davis finally said what the hell halfway through last year when they let vince run wild, vince didnt have that many rushing yards at the beginning of the season, and it worked. although it was rumored that mack took more of the off play calling duties
theyll start it out right this year
vince will have at least 1200 yds rushing and 39 total TD's

tlongII
06-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Doesn't UT play Ohio State this year? The Buckeyes will punk them.

Mr Dio
06-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Doesn't UT play Ohio State this year? The Buckeyes will punk them.

Bucks R tuff @ home..It is a night game too!

mookie2001
06-10-2005, 11:30 PM
i wish we played portland state
might as well. the aggies have got texas state at KF

anyway, supposedly Ohio st will be good, theyve got a shitload of new faces and doubt theyll be ready in game 2 to face texas, at home or not plus they cant tackle vince soon enough or often enough to win, they just cant

Mr Dio
06-11-2005, 09:54 AM
UT can actually lose to OSU & still be poised for a shot @ the Rose Bowl IF they win out. Of course I'd like an undefeated season but let's be realistic, playing OSU @ Columbus is downright ballsy if they aren't in your conf. If UT wins @ OSU I'd call it right then & there that they beat OU. No team could be UT after that except for themselves, rivalry game(s) or not. Stay focused & they control their own destiny, won't have to rely on other teams to beat someone or on the pollsters.

jalbre6
06-13-2005, 12:29 AM
UT can actually lose to OSU & still be poised for a shot @ the Rose Bowl IF they win out. Of course I'd like an undefeated season but let's be realistic, playing OSU @ Columbus is downright ballsy if they aren't in your conf. If UT wins @ OSU I'd call it right then & there that they beat OU. No team could be UT after that except for themselves, rivalry game(s) or not. Stay focused & they control their own destiny, won't have to rely on other teams to beat someone or on the pollsters.

This particular season coming up will be viewed as a complete waste if the team loses to OU. Period. Roy, Cedric, and DJ were one thing, but if Vince Young doesn't win and goes pro after this season, UT quite possibly will have had four top-twenty NFL picks that never beat the Sooners.

That's amazing. And I as a UT fan am frankly a little sickened. But as I know I've said in this forum before, this year is the best chance the Horns have had in a very long time at victory in the Shootout. OU seemed to finaly lose some talent, including Jason White just days before his 30th birthday. AP is still there, and that, trust me, is a very big problem.

I think they'll win this year. Then again, I said that last year, and the year before, and the year before....

Ballcox
06-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it seems to have become a type of mental block Texas has when playing ou. I know for a fact that they really don't have a considerable edge in talent level, but I think some of the recent Texas teams have come into that game not even believing they could win. You also, of course, have to factor coaching into the equation. It seems in a number of recent games against ou Greg becomes very hesitant to open up the offense some and take some risks down field. I couldn't believe the lack of deep balls thrown when we had WR's like Roy, BJ and Sloan out there. You can also look at the reluctance to let Benson run the ball his freshman year against ou, after the ou game he goes on a freakin' tear, racking up over 1,000 yards before the season is over. Then, in some of the years where we have put points on the board, our defense goes down the toilet, a common occurrence when Reese was the D coordinator (at least in some big games).

In the end I agree with Jalbre on the above post, this is the BEST shot we've had to beat ou in a while, maybe since this losing streak began. You know Chizik is going to come up with an agressive D scheme, and we finally seem to have some offensive consistency with the zone read, delay option out of the shotgun and what should be an improved passing game. If we can't beat those SOB's this year, I am going to literally shit all over myself. It's bad enough that we've lost to them, what-5 in a row now? There is no excuse for that with the talent level playing at UT, we HAVE to beat those guys this year, no excuses, no we'll get them next year crap. Hook'em!

respect the fro' :fro

Mr Dio
06-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Man o man! I can't wait to see Chizik's D if it is going to anything like the one he ran @ Auburn. Like I said, stuff the run & plug the middle & everything else will fall into place.

mookie2001
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
auburn allowed 1 rush td last year

i guess that would be a succesful run D for tx

BigDaddyMatty
06-14-2005, 04:13 AM
Undefeated? Winning the big 12 for the first time should be your only goal. Go BUFFS!

mookie2001
06-14-2005, 11:36 AM
if we do one, we do the other
colorado sucks

jalbre6
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Undefeated? Winning the big 12 for the first time should be your only goal. Go BUFFS!

Big Ugly Fat Fuckers?

(sorry, a little Big 8 humor)

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 11:14 AM
the buffs
the only team whos former kicker i would have relations with

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 04:39 PM
pleEEEeeEEEeEEEEEEase please pass the milk please pass the miiiiiiiiiiilk

mookie2001
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
cbf is talking about when texas runs the option, he compares it to passing the milk at the dinner table, the zone read is where vince checks the milk to see if he should pass it or just drink it himself

vince has already turned into my favorite football player of all time, which i know is premature but hopefully he'll stay in 06 too and prove it

mookies favorite texas players of all time

1. vince young
2. priest holmes
3. roy williams
4. ricky williams
5. cedric benson
6. wayne mcgarity
7. quentin jammer
8. derrick johnson
9. cory redding
10. cedric griffin

mookie2001
06-27-2005, 11:34 AM
i keep fucking missing the OW game on FSSW
theyve played it like 30 times too
but ive seen the baylor GW game like twice
WOW

Willinsa
06-29-2005, 06:44 PM

Well what has Franny done in 2 years?? The worst loss in school history and the worst loss in bowl history. Poor aggy if you think this guy will turns things around.

mookie2001
06-29-2005, 07:49 PM
The worst loss in school history and the worst loss in bowl history.

is that good?

Willinsa
06-29-2005, 09:06 PM
is that good?

Poor Aggy thought Franny was god, and man this guy has done jack in 2 years. Just remember the Dumb aggy (I think it was Jolly) dancing when he tackled a 4th srting OU rb in the 77-0 ass rape they got in 03. That pretty much sums them up.

mookie2001
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
i would never root for OK, but they could have at least tried in the 4th

Horry For 3!
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Fuck OU!

Horry For 3!
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Texas takin it all!

word
06-30-2005, 11:28 PM
If they win the second week at the Shoe, we've got game. OU isn't going to be a problem this year. aTm might be, not OU. We go undefeated into the aTm game, then it's a rumble since I think aTm will manhandle OU as well.

word
07-07-2005, 01:44 AM
cbf is talking about when texas runs the option, he compares it to passing the milk at the dinner table, the zone read is where vince checks the milk to see if he should pass it or just drink it himself

vince has already turned into my favorite football player of all time, which i know is premature but hopefully he'll stay in 06 too and prove it

mookies favorite texas players of all time

1. vince young
2. priest holmes
3. roy williams
4. ricky williams
5. cedric benson
6. wayne mcgarity
7. quentin jammer
8. derrick johnson
9. cory redding
10. cedric griffin

How dare you leave Earl Campbell off of that list.

AgSnake361
07-07-2005, 02:57 AM
How dare you leave Earl Campbell off of that list.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. No Earl? No James Street? Tommy Nobis? Been a fan of the 'Horns long, have we?

scott
07-07-2005, 07:54 AM
ut students have been saying for like 2 years that the aggie game is just like beating around their little brother, not a real rivalry game anymore.

Kind of like what OU has been saying for 5 years.

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 08:23 AM
well ive seen all those players play
ive been a fan since the james brown era, which is about the time i could have well informed opinions on anything

Buenos Hairys
07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
ME LOST BE

violentkitten
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
ah yes, the annual tradition of seeing texas fans getting hyped about nothing. by october they will have fired mack brown and be dreaming about whatever name coach is rumored to be available. frankly texas has the worst college football fans in these united states, and that's saying something.

violentkitten
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
I won't name names but for the IDIOT who can't read, I posted what a PROFESSIONAL WRITER had written. If you have something to say negatively write him. Don't be a scared bitch. If you disagree with what MANY CALIFORNIANS think of the school mommy & daddy sent you off to then write him.

So, anyone that didn't go to a Division I school sucks? Sack up & say it son.

Bandwagoner? Hah, you're too funny. I was attending UT games when you were still swimming in daddy's sack.

Joe Nick Patoski, L.A. Times, 12/30/04
The above is for the IDOT who has such an awesome education she wasn't accepted by the Navy. WRITE HIM & voice your opinion.

you didn't go to texas? what the fuck are you doing running your mouth?

word
07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
ah yes, the annual tradition of seeing texas fans getting hyped about nothing. by october they will have fired mack brown and be dreaming about whatever name coach is rumored to be available. frankly texas has the worst college football fans in these united states, and that's saying something.

So what are the qualities of 'worst college football fans'.

violentkitten
07-07-2005, 05:40 PM
lets see. believing that your team is a shoo-in for the national championship and letting everyone know that in july. if anyone disagrees with that they are an idiot. by mid-august their team is destined to be a dynasty for the next decade. after the 1st win of the season against north texas or whoever they start planning their title game parties after new year's. continue to build the hype until the annual loss against ou in dallas. after that loss, the fire mack brown campaign begins. then after texas beats a couple of big 12 teams like kansas and iowa state they start to believe that they have a title shot with one loss. then start bitching after they aren't invited to the title game despite having a worse record than other teams. then after they win a lesser bowl game start hyping up that win as if it meant something. rinse. repeat.

lest i forget giving up on your team in the stands after the other team scores first. cursing your own players. booing them. throwing shit. etc.

i will say this, it seems as though most of them never actually attended the university.

word
07-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Clearly you don't know any Razorback fans. How about OU fans pelting Nebraska players and coaches with oranges while Bill Callahan shouted...'HILLBILLIES !!!'

mookie2001
07-09-2005, 06:57 PM
kitten tx lost 1 game last year
a team with one loss in a bcs confrence is a title contender the next year
tx lost 2 starters on d and 4 on offense, if you count scaife as a starter

they also have a qb who is a freak of nature, can singlehandedly win games and is already the greatest running qb of all time

plain and simple
large expectations

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 07:54 PM
you didn't go to texas? what the fuck are you doing running your mouth?

i will say this, it seems as though most of them never actually attended the university

Pssstttt, it's called being a fan dumbass..Don't worry, the only fanning you do is on the shitter I suppose?
I guess the only fans of Indiana or Kentucky Basketball are the people who went there? The only fans of Dallas Cowboy football live in Dallas?
Violent Kitten? lol You mean Ignorant Pussy don't you?

Guess all those people that gave up were @ the Rose Bowl huh?
Truly ignorant pussy.

I will say though that anyone who downs a fan of another team, pro or college, without naming who their fav team is has got to be a person who has never had their team do shit. Oh yeah, so are the only true fans of the Spurs born & raised in SA Ignorant Pussy?

violentkitten
07-09-2005, 08:59 PM
...like i said ^

word
07-09-2005, 10:30 PM
I always have big expectations for the teams I root for. Smack/Texas made a bad mistake not playing OP his senior year and giving that little heartless brat the snaps when he'd done nothing to deserve it. Kwis Simms had no heart. Opie had the heart of a Lion.

So does Vince Young. There's your difference in 2005/2006.

Mr Dio
07-09-2005, 11:33 PM
...like i said ^

Still wishing you had a d**k?

word
07-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Kind of like what OU has been saying for 5 years.

And both, are wrong. Perhaps I'm too old, but these are the statements of fans that have followed this for the past few years. I've been watching these teams play since the early 60's.

Fact: Texas owns both OU and aTm, historically, by record. Enjoy your blips on the map. When you get an overall better win/loss record against Texas, THEN...but only then, can you say you 'own Texas'.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:02 AM
WORD, problem is most of these guys talk out of their ass & with liquid courage.
For example, Scott shit paper & Ignorant Pussy(et al).

word
07-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Texas-aTm was the first game on TV and radio I believe. Any Texas fan who thinks that OU is Texas biggest rivarly is kidding themselves. OU and Texas go back but Texas-aTm go waaaaay back. I recall watching 'em play on black and white TV when just HAVING a TV was a new fangled thing.

Pssst...Texas biggest rivarly is aTm and vice-versa. It's one of the top 5 of all sports rivarlies. It's in the Boston-NY kind of thing....Toronto -vs- Montreal.....Harvard -vs- Yale...ND - USC

It is quite simply one of the longest standing rivalries in the history of sports in a class of it's own.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:37 AM
WORD, problem is most of these guys talk out of their ass & with liquid courage.

we wanted to copy your methods. if you aren't drunk when you post then you are really one sad individual.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Fact: Texas owns both OU and aTm, historically, by record.

who gives a fuck about the 1920s?

word
07-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Who gives a fuck about UO ? Texas and aTm have been playing since 1894, before Oklahoma was a state.

Hey I see you guys and OK State picked up some more violations this year. Good for you.

Oklahoma Motto: 'Cheating. It's in our blood.'

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 09:40 AM
who gives a fuck about the 1920s?

Ummm, maybe people who lived then Ignorant Feline Douche.
What a gem, a transgendered Feline trying to talk sports.
Get in the littler box where your shit belongs.

word
07-10-2005, 09:48 AM
What a gem, a transgendered Feline trying to talk sports.
Get in the littler box where your shit belongs.

Fact of the matter is, these swings come and go so that's why the history matters. Texas wins this year, they will still have lost 5 in a row previous. So, he's got THAT going for him and that's what OU fans will use to defend their pride. Simple fact of that matter is, Texas has beaten OU and atm more times than they've been beaten by those teams. Period.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
You know that Scott "shit paper boy" has got to reply soon..3, 2, 1

scott
07-10-2005, 11:14 AM
And both, are wrong. Perhaps I'm too old, but these are the statements of fans that have followed this for the past few years. I've been watching these teams play since the early 60's.

I'm glad you are a fan with some historical perspective. That's a rarity in this thread.

Fact: Texas owns both OU and aTm, historically, by record. Enjoy your blips on the map. When you get an overall better win/loss record against Texas, THEN...but only then, can you say you 'own Texas'.

Tell you what, I'll give you the fact that Texas has a better all-time record head-to-head than OU.

I'll just take these:

National Titles:

Texas: 7

Oklahoma: 16

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

Of course it also all depends on who you go by... if you only want to count consenus national champs...

Texas: 4

Oklahoma: 7

http://www.hickoksports.com/history/cfchamps.shtml

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Told ya she'd reply soon, it is too easy to tell what a dumbass will do when they get the head-to-head record shoved up their ass.

Kinda hurt Scott or are you used to it now?

word
07-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, technically, there is no such thing as a 'national title' in college football so the head to head thing is really all you've got to go by. I know this, OU could go undefeated this year and the BCS ain't lettin' 'em anywhere NEAR a BCS game. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice...in a ROW no less and ....the smell gets to be a bit much.

OU hurt themselves, their image, their recruiting ...their 'shine' as it were.....BAD last year. No one wants to admit it but they'll be feeling the sting of that humiliating loss for a long time to come. They are no longer...OU...USC revealed the man behind the curtain and now, OU is even LESS than they were they're over-rated asses last year and they beat Texas by what, 8 last year ? Vince fumbled on the OU 12 yard line...

Fact of the matter is at the end of the season last year, Texas was a better team and OU had no business being anywhere NEAR the Orange Bowl and I said it then and that was proven. I also said that Waterboy wouldn't get drafted and THAT happened. Cost me a friendship but hey man, okies are like that. Tell 'em what they don't want to hear and they melt down.

Texas is going to beat OU like a red headed step child this year. Texas fans, talk all the smack you want because this year, this OU team...uh-uh. It's payback time and it's gonna happen. ONLY thing that could save 'em is VY getting hurt and that's a MAYBE at that.

Selvin and Vince Young....It's going to be a sight to behold.

scott
07-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, technically, there is no such thing as a 'national title' in college football so the head to head thing is really all you've got to go by.

Actually, technically there is. That's what all these kids are playing for. They award one out each year, and teams take pride in winning them. Is "we don't believe in a national title anyway" the Texas motto to explain why they haven't been able to sniff one in the last 25 years?

I know this, OU could go undefeated this year and the BCS ain't lettin' 'em anywhere NEAR a BCS game.

If there are 2 other undefeated teams I could see that. If it's just OU and some other team as the undefeateds, OU will play for another national title, regardless of the last 2 year's title games. The got blown out last year by a great team, and they lost by 7 the year before that. They've been in 3 national title games in 5 years and won one of them. In college football, that is something to be proud of. More proud than some of Texas' Holiday Bowl trophies anyway.

OU is even LESS than they were they're over-rated asses last year and they beat Texas by what, 8 last year ?

12. It was a shut-out, remember? Adrian Peterson put up 220+ while Vince Young and Cedric Benson were shut down, yet again. It should all be coming back to you now...

Fact of the matter is at the end of the season last year, Texas was a better team and OU had no business being anywhere NEAR the Orange Bowl and I said it then and that was proven.

You were proven how, because a better team won the national title game? Obviously that proves that Texas was better than OU.

I also said that Waterboy wouldn't get drafted and THAT happened.

Hell, I could have told you that Jason White wouldn't get drafted. Instead of National Championship and Big XII trophies, does UT collect trading cards of their former players who made it to the pros? College football games are won on the field, not 5 years later in the pros. And the guy you call "Waterboy" dominated your team.

Texas is going to beat OU like a red headed step child this year. Texas fans, talk all the smack you want because this year, this OU team...uh-uh. It's payback time and it's gonna happen.

Well, since you called it in July, it must be true.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Adrian Peterson put up 220+

Yeah, I remember all the TDs he scored that game too.
This yr is a diff yr son, good thing old posts can be looked up to quiet asses like you.

Actually, technically there is.

Thanks to the BCS, but that is NOW. Not in 1986

Your comprehension is about right for a sooner.

scott
07-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks to the BCS, but that is NOW. Not in 1986

Your comprehension is about right for a sooner.

You are right, the BCS didn't exist in 1986... but other means of awarding a national title did.

But, if you want to define National Titles as those only awarded by the BCS...

Oklahoma: 1
Texas: 0

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:16 PM
1!!!
Oh no! How will that ever be overcome. That lead is too large!!! :lol

What is ouSELESS' record in the BCS Nat'l Title Games?
Thanks for embarassing the Big 12 ou..We won't send a girl to do a man's job again.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:42 PM

i see. are you one of them?

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM
texas cant hold ou's jock when it comes to football, now or then.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
This coming from a drama queen closet case? Yeah, a gem.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 12:58 PM
if anyone is a mental or physical case 'tis you. i hope you realize how fucking stupid you seem given what you post in this forum.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 01:00 PM
You are indeed stupid, you should go off to one of your PUMPING parties.
Only a true idiot could respect your posts.

mookie2001
07-10-2005, 07:02 PM
its funny that everyone becomes sooner fans when talking to hornfans

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:10 PM
it's amazing how many people have the same reaction when they encounter "hornfans".

franky i neither love nor hate texas football. but their fans are the worst, as a number of threads in this forum demonstrate.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Actually it is She-Male idiots like you IGNORANT PUSSY that are the worst.
You queens can NEVER stay on topic & you expect us to back down? WRONG!

I still state UT's only legit threat is OSU & then a far off 2nd place is aNm because of the rivalry.

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Actually it is She-Male idiots like you IGNORANT PUSSY that are the worst.
You queens can NEVER stay on topic & you expect us to back down? WRONG!

actually, i don't really expect anything from you, for you are perhaps the most worthless individual i have ever come across.

and come with some better smack. that was lame, at best.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
That is the best you've got?
You claim to be a man? :lol :lol

Come hard or go to the litter box little bitch.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Weak ass comment in 3, 2 ,1

violentkitten
07-10-2005, 07:45 PM
sorry, i gave up on 7th grade level smack in, well, the 7th grade.

nice to see you are hanging on my every post.

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I warned everyone..WEAK ASS by a LAME ASS

Mr Dio
07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Well lame PUSSY, I'll be back tomorrow & get your thong up your butt even higher, OK?

Sorry no one liked you in Austin.

Louae
07-11-2005, 10:25 AM
lets see. believing that your team is a shoo-in for the national championship and letting everyone know that in july. if anyone disagrees with that they are an idiot. by mid-august their team is destined to be a dynasty for the next decade. after the 1st win of the season against north texas or whoever they start planning their title game parties after new year's. continue to build the hype until the annual loss against ou in dallas. after that loss, the fire mack brown campaign begins. then after texas beats a couple of big 12 teams like kansas and iowa state they start to believe that they have a title shot with one loss. then start bitching after they aren't invited to the title game despite having a worse record than other teams. then after they win a lesser bowl game start hyping up that win as if it meant something. rinse. repeat.

lest i forget giving up on your team in the stands after the other team scores first. cursing your own players. booing them. throwing shit. etc.

i will say this, it seems as though most of them never actually attended the university.

As sad as it is, this is a true reflection of us as a whole. I, personally, hate it. And Mack Brown is a cause of it. We have the talent to compete for a national championship. We have the talent to have won a few conference titles and played in a few BSC bowls, but we haven't. I hate how fellow UT fans have tooted their horns over nothing.

Louae
07-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Selvin and Vince Young....It's going to be a sight to behold.

Actually, Ramonce is the guy that should win the starters job over Selvin. At least, that's what fans will be pinning for after Davis continues to keep Selvin in the starting lineup.

word
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
texas cant hold ou's jock when it comes to football, now or then.

Yeah I recall beating OU EIGHT times in a row back in the 60's and Texas has beaten OU SEVEN times in a row a couple of times. We owned you in the 60's, the 70's and had 8 of 11 wins during the late 80's to 1999. OU had their cheatin' Switzer years in the 80's that resulted in his quitting and OU getting nailed with some sactions. Remember you are in the top 5 of ALL TIME NCAA violators. You AND your brothers in stillwater.

This is just a recent streak by the Sooners but Texas has by far, had more AND longer winning streaks against OU than vice-versa.

What makes OU fans what they are is because it's all they've got so they put far more into than other fans. Only Razorback fans exceed the nuttiness of Sooner fans.

Mr Dio
07-11-2005, 08:26 PM
WORD,
Trust me, it is like arguing with a toilet..Full of shit & stinks.

Funny how someone trips out if you mention anything even if it is an innocent question even somewhat related to topic of the thread.

This season will be fun.
Will see a poster or two eat their words or flat out curl up & not take the message board abuse by running.

word
07-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Every season is fun. I think Texas is in a good position this year because we have Selvin Young back, ( even though he's been on academic probation and is attending Austin Community College to get his grades back up. Taking 'basket weaving' I hope.) Before he was hurt in Fayetteville didn't he run back a kickoff for 80+ yards ? The kids fast.

Then we have Quan Cosby, who decided to come back and play for Texas after a stint on the Angels farm system. An absolute BADASS as a QB in Mart, Texas and will be at the WR position.

Ramonce Taylor put up some good numbers when he had the ball, in fact BETTER numbers than Benson on a per/carry basis.

Vince Young has proved to have heart, which Kwis Simms did NOT have and by all accounts has matured remarkably and is going to be a force to contend with.

We basically have the core of our O and D lines from last year.

I believe that Texas's mistake was, over the past years, making that deal to get Simms to come to Texas. That deal was, he would start his Sophmore year. Chris Simms was a *huge* mistake by Texas. He just had no heart and didn't realize what beating OU was all about. OPIE knew that. HE beat OU and he would have again if they'd of let him play his senior year. See, like OP, Vince Young knows that too. Ol' Vince ain't gonna fumble the ball in the red zone against OU again. Quarter back sneak...easily the dumbest play called in that game. That's Bensons bread and butter and who should have gotten that call. That was a coaching error.

Horns are gonna be out for fockin' blood in Dallas...

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 08:48 PM
i always take up for simms
and im tired of doing it
1. he should have redshirted it would have been much better for major, and him, and the chance mock era could have never happened
2. he set the ut td record in a season his jr year, then broke it his sr year, you cant deny the records he's got
he did blow it against ou, he was like a automatic intmachine but the whole team did too

Mr Dio
07-11-2005, 08:49 PM
No doubt.
You heard UT has a verbal from C. Brown(DB) now right?

Can't wait man..

word
07-11-2005, 08:52 PM
i always take up for simms
and im tired of doing it
1. he should have redshirted it would have been much better for major, and him, and the chance mock era could have never happened
2. he set the ut td record in a season his jr year, then broke it his sr year, you cant deny the records he's got
he did blow it against ou, he was like a automatic intmachine but the whole team did too

He had no heart. Still doesn't. He's the tin man in a football uniform. Perhaps a trip to OZ would do the trick.

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Yeah I recall beating OU EIGHT times in a row back in the 60's and Texas has beaten OU SEVEN times in a row a couple of times. We owned you in the 60's, the 70's and had 8 of 11 wins during the late 80's to 1999.

thats great except im not a sooner fan.

im also sure that other schools which you think texas "owns" currently have had good streaks in the past against texas. but we cant count those because it would be bad for texas if we did so we'll play along in our little orange and white circle jerk.

OU had their cheatin' Switzer years in the 80's that resulted in his quitting and OU getting nailed with some sactions. Remember you are in the top 5 of ALL TIME NCAA violators. You AND your brothers in stillwater.

This is just a recent streak by the Sooners but Texas has by far, had more AND longer winning streaks against OU than vice-versa.

What makes OU fans what they are is because it's all they've got so they put far more into than other fans. Only Razorback fans exceed the nuttiness of Sooner fans.

and what makes texas fans is that their shit turns to gold, right?

word
07-11-2005, 09:50 PM
thats great except im not a sooner fan.

im also sure that other schools which you think texas "owns" currently have had good streaks in the past against texas.

Currently have had good streaks in the past....?

Hmmmm...well you got me there.

Listen, you can't beat anyone 100% of the time. Well, you can...I'm talking about real teams...But Texas has the better record against OU and aTm, our biggest rivals. We have the better record against Arkansas who, well I dont know what those people think.

The fact of the matter is Texas is the 5th winningest football program in NCAA history. Fact is they beat OU and aTm and Tech and the rest of 'em more than they lose to 'em AND the fact is that Texas has thrown out more and LONGER winning streaks against the Sooners than they have against Texas.

This is the latest OU streak and it to will pass. If you're a college student at OU this OU streak is the greatest thing since the microwave oven. If you're 25 or so, then you recall that Texas owned OU in the 90's. If your 30 or so you remember the 80's. If you're 35 you remember the 70's If you're 40 you recall the late 60's and if your 50 you recall the late the 50's early 60's.

How you feel about 'who owns who' is based on your age in large part but, I started watching these games, from the first I can recall, around 1960 so that's my reference. And from THAT point of view, Texas owns OU.

Were I 12 years old and born and raised in Norman, I would think the Sooners ruled the world.

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Currently had good streaks in the past....?

cute. now come with a real response.

violentkitten
07-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Currently have had good streaks in the past....?

Listen, you can't beat anyone 100% of the time. Well, you can...I'm talking about real teams...But Texas has the better record against OU and aTm, our biggest rivals. We have the better record against Arkansas who, well I dont know what those people think.

that's swell. why cant texas beat ou today? im not referring to the 1920s or whatever.

The fact of the matter is Texas is the 5th winningest football program in NCAA history. Fact is they beat OU and aTm and Tech and the rest of 'em more than they lose to 'em AND the fact is that Texas has thrown out more and LONGER winning streaks against the Sooners than they have against Texas.

that's swell. what's the relevance to today? who has more national titles? where is ut on that list?

This is the latest OU streak and it to will pass. If you're a college student this OU streak is the greatest thing since the microwave oven. If you're 25 or so, then you recall that Texas owned OU in the 90's. If your 30 or so you remember the 80's. If you're 35 you remember the 70's If you're 40 you recall the late 60's and if your 50 you recall the late the 50's early 60's.

props to all of those centarians who are still enjoying texas' great success in the 1920s.

How you feel about 'who owns who' is based on your age in large part but, I started watching these games, from the first I can recall, around 1960 so that's my reference. And from THAT point of view, Texas owns OU.

Were I 12 years old and born and raised in Norman, I would think the Sooners ruled the world.

so it's ok for you to do that, but not for them.

i love how that works.

scott
07-11-2005, 10:13 PM
The fact of the matter is Texas is the 5th winningest football program in NCAA history.

You go by regular season win %, I go by # of championships. We (OU) have you beat there.

I'd agree with that statement. For many relatively new Spurs fans, the Spurs own the Jazz... but in the Robinson era prior to Duncan, it seemed like we'd never beat Malone and Stockton.

You'll notice, I never claimed that OU "owned" Texas, but that in the last 5 years it hasn't been much of a rivalry, since we've won by an average margin of about 30 points. For the most part, the Texas-Oklahoma series isn't very exciting. The stretched of dominance and blowouts far exceed the number of tough fought close games. The last real good game that comes to mind was the 2001 game where Roy Williams (OU Saftey) did his best Superman impression to seal the game.

For all the hate between OU and Texas, it's a fairly weak "rivalry" and I definitely agree that Texas-A&M is a much bigger rivalry, just like OU-OSU is for those respective schools.

Thanks for (finally) bringing a good objective take to the table, word.

word
07-11-2005, 10:44 PM
See the thing is see, a campfire...really isn't that tough a thing to build.

mookie2001
07-12-2005, 08:17 AM
violent kittin shut up
we know texas needs to beat ou
we know you you dont have a team
or any takes on actual football
post in here 40 times a day if texas loses again, this is a new season and all we can do is wait for it to start

Mr Dio
07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Amen.

word
07-14-2005, 07:51 AM
that's swell. why cant texas beat ou today? im not referring to the 1920s or whatever.

The 20's ? Neither am I. How about the 90's ? Is that good enough for you ? How many games did you win against Texas in the 90's. 3 ?

So you've got yourself 5 in a row and boast about that and your cheatin' 80's wins while refusing to admit both OU and OSU are in the TOP FIVE of all time NCAA violators of all time. You think that gun toating white trash drunk left OU in the 80's because he just wanted to leave ?

OU is a university that in sports are KNOWN cheaters. They are a school that.. well, they might not have been caught THIS year, but we all know it happens every year. We know who you guys are.

The Horns will win a title the right way just like the Spurs win the right way. You're little 80's streak/wins mean jack shit. Anything that university does in athletics is suspect.

A Sooner is nothing but an Arkie who's refined cheating to an art. It's your history, it's in your blood. What's bizarre about you guys is you're proud of it.

To claim a lot of land, prospective settlers had to participate in a land run. They lined up and waited for the blast of a shotgun to signal the beginning of the run, at which point they would race eagerly to claim a homestead. A "Sooner" was someone who snuck past the territory markers ahead of the gunshot to get an early start.

mookie2001
07-15-2005, 11:57 PM
a lot of the traffic prompting an thread from Kori is just people scoffing me for thinking texas will go undefeated and then that got into OU, a&m,bcs
dumbass sooners who did not go to or ever lived in oklahoma
LOL
then me saying vince young would bring the ruckus this year

its good though, hopefully it will increase when the season starts so we can talk football

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 12:07 AM
its good though, hopefully it will increase when the season starts so we can talk football

Amen, some can't hack it though & you can see it in their posts.
I thought this was a public place to have fun??

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Amen, some can't hack it though & you can see it in their posts.
I thought this was a public place to have fun??

I'd say you are the prime offender.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd say you are the prime offender.

Like your opinion matters. :lmao

You are in the top 3-4 of those I was speaking of though.
Go :flipoff yourself & :stfu

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 04:06 PM
When have you managed to bring a football take in here? All I've seen so far is "oUSelesss sucks" and "faggies suck".

It's bad enough you couldn't even get into UT, but you've managed to compound it by adding very little in actual football discussion to this forum.

Not surprising.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:31 PM
You've done jack shit besides come out with your, "I went to UT & I am a grad so I can tell everyone who is and sin't, and blah, and blah, and blah, and blah blah blah.....

You are shit.
You post shit.

Why don't you grow up & come with a football take?

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Ha. Bring a take.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Guess what Mucus..I never applied to UT.
I went to the ONLY school I applied to because Mommy & Daddy weren't paying my bills like they did for you. I paid my way w/my paycheck & my GI Bill.

Sissies like you are commonplace in the "Down-Low" world. No offense to any other gay males out there but Mucus is all mouth & no sense. Or is that nonsense?

Mr Dio
Ha, bring a take

Mr Dio
WOW!, I just did what a UT grad did!

Marcus Bryant
Mommy and Daddy didn't have to pay my way.

Ooops.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Bring a take girl

Mr Dio
Sure they didn't, PROVE it.

I'm calling you on that LIE.

Marcus Bryant
Uh oh, the poor baby is getting mad.

Mr Dio
How are you going to slip out the backdoor on that one girl?

PROVE IT!

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Sorry kiddo, not everyone is stupid like you.

Mr Dio
Uh oh, the poor baby is getting mad

Holy shit!
That is the 1st 5th grade smack in a while.

Why are you mad?
I'm a bigger fan than you Mucus..Too Bad, SOOOO sad.

Mr Dio
Oh oh, Mucus is pissed!

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Slip out of what? I paid my own way.

Mr Dio
Sorry kiddo, not everyone is stupid like you.

Priceless

Mr Dio
I paid my own way.

SURE you did.
And I have a UT dergee.

Marcus Bryant
Sorry if you weren't smart enough to get into a decent university and pay your own way based on academic merit.

Good day.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:39 PM
Good Day????
:lol :lol

You gave up that easy?
OMG! You are easier than I thought.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:40 PM
When you serve you country and/or community then come with smack for a man.
Til then lil boy, go find a play pal.

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry if you weren't smart enough to get into a decent university and pay your own way based on academic merit.

So are you saying everyone that went to my school didn't go tto a decent school?
You won't own up to that, you aren't MAN enough.
Who cares if you were King Erkel @ UT?

Mr Dio
07-16-2005, 04:42 PM
You have embarassed yourself lil Mucus.
You've shown you were indeed a nerd, which isn't bad but you claim to be king of knowledge on this & that.
Your opinion is shit.
Your posts are shit.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-16-2005, 07:07 PM
all i know is marcus has posted some of the stupidest things i've ever read in the spurs forum

and come fall time, mookie and mr dio are going to post in here like they own the place

Marcus Bryant
07-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Funny, I've yet to see you bring anything of substance on this site except for holding "mookie's" jock as if he was anything other than a fat fuck you were cornholing.

Before you run your mouth, find something to back it up kiddo.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Funny, I've yet to see you bring anything of substance on this site except for holding "mookie's" jock as if he was anything other than a fat fuck you were cornholing.

Before you run your mouth, find something to back it up kiddo.

i only talk seriously in the spurs forum

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2005, 08:40 AM
...and that's the saddest part.

Mr Dio
07-17-2005, 12:18 PM
...and that's the saddest part.

I thought us having to scroll past your lame ass posts was.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-17-2005, 11:54 PM
mr dio you gotta scoff at young bryant harder

he sings the aggie fight song

Mr Dio
07-18-2005, 05:54 AM
She ain't nothing..Just a lame ass who ALWAYS gets pissed off & is really fun to toy with.

Marcus Bryant
07-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Funny. That's a rather apt description of yourself.

Bo Malette
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
If you want to talk aptness, lets talk about my desire to kick your ass.

Mr Dio
07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Funny. That's a rather apt description of yourself.

The mother of all comebacks by Mucus. I don't know how she does.
All that time in the library hardened you I see.

Mucus you ag, you pissed off girl?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2005, 06:39 PM
violent kitten lol

mookie2001
07-19-2005, 11:51 AM
marcus you suck bitch
i never said shit to you, about you good or bad, now youre in here talking shit about me
you missed the whole season and then show up with a million posts
go see your mother

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
hes just got his thong in a wad because i started a thread scoffing the silly aggie fight song

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2005, 01:29 PM
marcus you suck bitch

My my, someone's mad.

i never said shit to you, about you good or bad, now youre in here talking shit about me

Your boyfriend was talking you up, numbnuts.

you missed the whole season and then show up with a million posts

Deal.

go see your mother

I did the other day. Oh no.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
*watches as MB slips into his pussy outfit*

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I like to slip into some pussy from time to time. You should try it, even if you have to give up mookie.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I like to slip into some pussy from time to time. You should try it, even if you have to give up mookie.

pussy go sing aggie fight song now ok

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Learn how to get off mookie's jock first before you run your mouth.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Learn how to get off mookie's jock first before you run your mouth.

if being a longhorn fan and thinking the aggie fight song is ridiculously homoerotic makes me a mookie jock lover

then so be it

go sing your song

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2005, 05:20 PM
You find the Aggie Fight Song "homoerotic"?

That explains a lot.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-19-2005, 05:25 PM

That explains a lot.

:lmao :lmao

Mr Dio
07-19-2005, 06:19 PM
I did the other day. Oh no

Must've seen your mom after I left. Sorry I didn't untie the bitch. I did take the leash off though. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-19-2005, 06:36 PM
She's 70 years old. But desperate times require desperate measures, I suppose.

Mr Dio
07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
A dog is a dog at any age. :lol

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:23 AM

That explains a lot.

im sorry but i HATE pussy aggies AND longhorns
i bet VHS can take them on ANYDAY (especially with a high school heisman candidate as running back...me)

oh and plus...get new fight song lyrics...the rhythm is ok but STOP TALKIN ABOUT BEATING UT THE WHOLE GOD DAMN SONG

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:27 AM
and UT....GET YOUR GOD DAMN GAY PRIDE BITCHES OFF THE CAMPUS...AND THEIR DAMN SKIRTS...that makes me puke

and get a new ball coach....he sucks

Bo Malette
07-20-2005, 02:51 AM
When have you managed to bring a football take in here? All I've seen so far is "oUSelesss sucks" and "faggies suck".

It's bad enough you couldn't even get into UT, but you've managed to compound it by adding very little in actual football discussion to this forum.

Not surprising.

your just pissed because baylor owned tamu this year

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 05:29 PM

It's funny cuz i got MB to call it the Aggie Fight Song

mookie2001
10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
not good luck to bump this thread CBF

looks like I'm right

so far...

Cant_Be_Faded
10-26-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm just a normal mexican who is conservative for the sake of being conservative

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
oh here it is

hold on

let me get the original post
and I wouldnt do this if the ags werent so gutless
but hold on

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:58 PM
mark it now

undefeated

win over ohio state

oklahoma

texas A&M, naturally

here

KORI
can I get a spur?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Post number Eleven:

This thread is funny because Mookie has been predicting Texas to go undefeated for the past 3 years

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:59 PM
sorry man
you can flank my train
but the glory is mine
haters keep hating

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
i guess. you'll still only be 1 for 4 though

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:01 PM
it is kind of great to rub this shit into everyones nose who was totally skeptical of your prediction

that is merit worthy

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 08:01 PM
04-20-2005, 09:19 PM

what the fuck could I have been thinking?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Post number Two Hundred Nine

I'm just a normal mexican who is conservative for the sake of being conservative

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
he's like no
thats WHY i'm conservative
BECAUSE i'm mexican

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 08:06 PM
kitten tx lost 1 game last year
a team with one loss in a bcs confrence is a title contender the next year
tx lost 2 starters on d and 4 on offense, if you count scaife as a starter

they also have a qb who is a freak of nature, can singlehandedly win games and is already the greatest running qb of all time

plain and simple
large expectations

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Tx gonna win the national championship dude. Tx gonna be bad

-mookie 2002

Tx gonna win the national championship dude. Tx gonna be BAD, no really really bad this year

-mookie 2003

Tx gonna win the natl championship dude, they're gonna go undefeated! No, really, if they lose to OU this year? I'll cut my balls off, i swear

-mookie 2004

Tx gonna win the national championship dude, no really honestly, really really, no really, really, really really this year, if they don't beat OU, i'll really chop my balls off
--this season

hussker
11-14-2005, 08:13 PM
it is kind of great to rub this shit into everyones nose who was totally skeptical of your prediction

that is merit worthy

AHHH, but there are still THREE teams awaiting the Horns...they have not completed the season undefeated yet...

The Gaggies
The Clones or Bluffs
and
The Cali Condoms or Crimicanes

Personally, I would like to see Texas and Miami. I work with Limas Sweed's (UT) mom and Marcus Maxey's (UM) mom. That would be cool watching them over the holidays and jabbing at them...

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:19 PM
fuck the aggies, you can't seriously expect them to hold back this train
But, naturally, any college fan knows there are still 3 games...

not retired but a veteran, yes

hussker
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
I can hear it now on 25 Nov from the 89K+ in Kyle...
I THINK YOU ALL KNOW THE TUNE!!!!!

Goodbye to Mookies little Testicles,
so long the the scrotum and the vas
Good luck in Trinidad for sex change
Hopefully they'll give some nice tits and ass
The guys in Texas all abhor you
They want to help you feel real swell
(GO TO HELL)
So goodbye to Mooki's Little Tessticles
We're going to cut them all to
HE-BECOMES-A-SHIM
HE-BECOMES-A-SHIM
Rough tough real stuff
Sounds so awfully grim

"Chop Mookie's Balls off
Chop Mookie's BA-ALLS OFF
Chop Mookie's Balls Off...SHORT!"

"Mookie's Balls are chopped off
Mookie's balls are chopped off
Mookie's balls are chopped off, SHORT!"

AY WHOOP!

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 08:21 PM
at the end of the day, you will all be trying bowing down to this:

if ya smellllalallalal what tha mookie is cooking

hussker
11-14-2005, 08:22 PM
If My Rendition Does Not Deserve A Spur, Nothing Does!

mookie2001
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
memories...

Mr Dio
12-03-2005, 09:30 PM

Hmmmmm :lol

mookie2001
12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
We'll see what happens this fall, your days of being able to talk that kind of smack are just about over.

Mr Dio
12-03-2005, 09:32 PM
At least Franchione can beat Stoops. :lol

Your season is OVER LOSER! :lol

mookie2001
12-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Lol

Mr Dio
12-03-2005, 09:35 PM

You mean the same Mack Brown that has won 18 straight & the Big 12 conf? You mean the same Mack Brown that will be in the Rose Bowl?

Yeah, a problem I'm sure every team except for USC would love to have. :lol

Up your FaggieAzz! :lol

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 01:07 AM
so what happened

I was looking at conservative blogs?

Hook Dem
01-05-2006, 01:13 AM
lol :lol :lol :lol

T Park
01-05-2006, 01:18 AM
The problem is come gameday you've still got Mack as your coach

owned.

samikeyp
01-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Good call Mook.

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 02:53 PM
oh corso

and the day is here

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
self awareness

tlongII
01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
vBookie Cash: $165155000

Damn! That's a lot of vBookie Cash!

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 05:26 PM
the day that ruth forgot...

The 2006 Chode Apathy is Cold Blood Bowl

presented by Citi

http://www.tournamentofroses.com/images/RoseBowlLogoColor4.gif

http://www.sportssystems.com/rosebowl/2006_logo.jpg

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:47 PM
7-9-05

plain and simple
large expectations

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
oh here it is

hold on

let me get the original post
and I wouldnt do this if the ags werent so gutless
but hold on

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:49 PM
so what happened

I was looking at conservative blogs?

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:50 PM

presented by Citi

http://www.sportssystems.com/rosebowl/2006_logo.jpg

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/abbey/an/an26/an26-3/an26-3a.jpg

its hard to see in the corner

thats my great great great great great great grandpa saying Texas will go undefeated this year

Mr Dio
01-05-2006, 07:07 PM

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM

presented by Citi

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
let us never forgot

thats what he-mann is all about

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
oh corso

cecil collins
01-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Mookie deserves a spur. The things he prediccted on page one...outstanding.

Kori Ellis
01-05-2006, 08:10 PM
He's getting a Spur.

I'm making a list of Spur getters right now. I'll have LJ do it later tonight.

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 08:13 PM
sounds so easy

EVERYONE should have done it

FREE SPURS!!!FREE SPURS!!!FREE SPURS!!!

FREE SPURS!!!
FREE SPURS!!!

everyone

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 08:14 PM
kori

what about some updated vbookie earning spurs?

mookie2001
01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
HHAHAHAHAHA
the money
may
not
be real

but the bragging rights sure are...