PDA

View Full Version : Wow you guys have a crappy record so far..

The_Game
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
But most Laker fans with brains know you guys will get it togeather and when healthy will be the biggest challenger to the Lakers in the west.

Denver are very good but don't have the IQ to beat L.A...no matter what some Laker trolls say about your team you know they are just bursting your balls and looking for a reaction. Deepdown they respect your team and know you guys are still a legit contender.

Duncan, Parker, Manu if he gets healthy will cause plenty of problems for the Lakers in a 7 game series.

I'm looking forward to the first meeting in Jan but like all you guys should know the outcome of that first meeting wont mean a whole lot until the outcome of the other 3 meetings happen.

Kool Bob Love
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
:flag:

Dex
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
But most Laker fans with brains know you guys will get it togeather and when healthy will be the biggest challenger to the Lakers in the west.

Denver are very good but don't have the IQ to beat L.A...no matter what some Laker trolls say about your team you know they are just bursting your balls and looking for a reaction. Deepdown they respect your team and know you guys are still a legit contender.

Duncan, Parker, Manu if he gets healthy will cause plenty of problems for the Lakers in a 7 game series.

I'm looking forward to the first meeting in Jan but like all you guys should know the outcome of that first meeting wont mean a whole lot until the outcome of the other 3 meetings happen.

:tu

Pretty sad when Laker Fan has more sensibility than half the Spurs fans around here. :lol

Sisk
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
what dex said

we both know who the real challengers are and it'll be interesting to see what happens

angelbelow
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
yea, we may need a bit more time too but im confident things will turn around and we will gel by march/april.

DJB
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
:toast

mudyez
11-22-2009, 04:08 PM
and with the first selction in the 2010 draft, the spurs select...

no, j/k, we will be alright
...it just doesnt feel good, if health is our biggest need and only weeks into the season, we have so many problems in this department.
how are the odds of the big 4 going healthy into the playoffs?

honestfool84
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
:tu

Pretty sad when Laker Fan has more sensibility than half the Spurs fans around here. :lol

:lol definitely right on the money.

easy7
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I am going to hate the player and not the game just for this time.. :hat

Bukefal
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM

Well said! Spurs will work it out and I cannot wait to see them play the lakers.

:toast

portnoy1
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
It should be a nice matchup. Last season we won that one game cause we shot lights out. This season I want to see our defense give the lakers some problems along with our new additions offensively.

DALLAS MAVS 247
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM

The spurs will be the biggest challenge for your lakers? Ha you have to be kidding me. We already beat you at home and I'm sure we will continue to sweep you the rest of the season.

-the only good Texas team, Dallas Mavericks

portnoy1
11-22-2009, 05:27 PM
The spurs will be the biggest challenge for your lakers? Ha you have to be kidding me. We already beat you at home and I'm sure we will continue to sweep you the rest of the season.

-the only good Texas team, Dallas MavericksWe have beaten the lakers twice in the last decade. When's the last time you have beaten them in the postseason? Oh and Dirk will be cancelled out by Odom. After that yall only have one big man, and his name is Erica, thats real intimidating to the other bigmen in the league.

SamoanTD
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM

-the only good Texas team, Dallas Mavericks

dallas where they think the regular season is where you win championships :lol

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM

:lol

I have to agree with op. Eventually the spurs are going to get their wheels rolling on the right direction. I hope the lakers and spurs meet in the Wcf this year, :toast

Spursmania
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM

:lol

FkLA
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
This is the same shit I tell Dallas fans all the time, the Mavs will never demand the respect that the Spurs get from other contenders and their fanbases because of their playoff failures.

Here's to meeting the Lakeshow in the WCF :toast

portnoy1
11-22-2009, 06:32 PM
We ALL know the Spurs if they can pull it together are legit. It's just we had such high hopes for this season and it's not going as expected, so we're just frustrated and lash out. We don't really mean it though.
:pop::tu

FkLA
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
There's a difference between being frustrated and simply being a weak ass fair weather fan. Calling for major trades, firings, tankings, and for players to play injured 10 games into the season is plain retarded...than when the going gets good these fans come back and act as if they were along for the ride the whole time. Thats annoying as hell, some of yall mfkers dont even deserve to be fans of a team like the Spurs.

SamoanTD
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
There's a difference between being frustrated and simply being a weak ass fair weather fan. Calling for major trades, firings, tankings, and for players to play injured 10 games into the season is plain retarded...than when the going gets good these fans come back and act as if they were along for the ride the whole time. Thats annoying as hell, some of yall mfkers dont even deserve to be fans of a team like the Spurs.
:ihit just poppin niggas left and right POW POW

21_Blessings
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM

You mean a 5 game series. That's all SA has left. Maybe win one game at home against the Lake Show.

Yes I respect the Spurs but they've been done since the 08 WCF. SA needs to prove they can beat Dallas before even thinking about the Lakers.

lennyalderette
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
its good to hear a la fan give sa some respect, we know the lakers are going to be nutty this year, i just want both teams to go at eachother full throttle and healthy, i dont mind getting kicked out of the playoffs if we gave it our best shot, and i wouldnt enjoy beating the lakers if kobe wasnt there, i'd be happy no doubt but an even playing field would be greatly appreciated!! I hope the basketball gods are listening

LakeShow
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
I do agree with the OP about everything except that the Spurs will be the Lakers biggest challenge. I just don't see it no matter how much better the Spurs get. The Lakers front line is just too big for the Spurs and that, to me, is the difference. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

One early season loss and we have an excuse, one early season win and cries of greatness. Is this a Mavs forum? I didn't get the memo. :lol
You would have never thought this was the 4 time NBA championships fans site. You should know better.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for the Spurs at all and i find this forum more entertaining than ever before. I was here when the Lakers were not doing good and you guys were brutal.

It's Karma.

mytespurs
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
You mean a 5 game series. That's all SA has left. Maybe win one game at home against the Lake Show.

Yes I respect the Spurs but they've been done since the 08 WCF. SA needs to prove they can beat Dallas before even thinking about the Lakers.

True the Spurs haven't been the same powerhouse in recent years but isn't "done" a bit strong? This same team, struggling with age & injury, managed to win their division last year. And yes we lost to Dallas-the better team won that series. Dallas also beat the Spurs, arguably in their prime, beat the Spurs the wcf in '06. Mavericks match up well w/Spurs. Thus far, season series is tied 1-1 each team winning on its own court.

Spurs aren't looking special at all. But I'm going to withold my judgment to see if this team can get it together. Perhaps they will, perhaps they won't......time will tell.

mytespurs
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM

Nice to hear some mutual respect for change instead of the usual smacktalk. :toast

And I wouldn't necessarily discount Denver-I sort of dismissed them myself but they're proving me wrong thus far. They may become your biggest rival if that 1st match up b/t the teams is any indication (and I realize Pau wasn't playing).

Spurs are not playing well right now w/injuries and Pop trying to find a lineup that works. But I believe in Pop so we'll see what will happen as time passes.

And I may dare to mention that....perhaps this lineup may not gell into say......2010???!!! :wow:wow:rollin

phyzik
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Spurs fans are crazy lke that. The Spurs org was damned if they did and damned if they didnt.

If they stayed with the same core doing nothing but adding a player here or there and staying under the cap, Spurs fans would be calling for their heads.

Spurs make the trades and aquisitions they did and they dont come out the doors dominating, Spurs fans jump off the ledge and call for blood.

One thing was clear though, SOMETHING had to be done and they did it. Weather it works out is yet to be seen. I think it will. :toast