LnGrrrR
11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
That is all.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
TD NE. This game's over.

LnGrrrR
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Also, if the pats had any sort of trust in maroney, we wouldve run it against the colts. I will be very surprised if we keep him. Look at his line right now... 6 rushes, 10 yards.

Really missing Sammy Morris and BJG Ellis.

LnGrrrR
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
My goodness! Maroney got past the first hit for a TD! Someone call 911, I think I'm having a stroke.

san antonio spurs
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
My goodness! Maroney got past the first hit for a TD! Someone call 911, I think I'm having a stroke.
Pats fans hate on Maroney is getting out of hand. Our line doesn't run block effectively. No holes to speak of.
I hated his dancing at the line of scrimmage (and wanted him shipped too at the time) but since Fred Taylor tutored him he hits the line north, runs hard and keeps his feet moving when there is contact. There are just no holes for him.

san antonio spurs
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
As I write this he hits the hole and runs hard

LnGrrrR
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Eh, our line last year blocked well enough to lead the league in total rushing IIRC...or maybe it was just rushing average. Did our line suddenly go downhill on run blocking?

LnGrrrR
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
I need to be critical of Maroney more often.

san antonio spurs
11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Eh, our line last year blocked well enough to lead the league in total rushing IIRC...or maybe it was just rushing average. Did our line suddenly go downhill on run blocking?

Last year we were 6th in rushing stats. But also keep in mind that the QB we had was Matt Cassel... So running the ball was our priority and most of the practice snaps were running plays. Run blocking was then practiced a lot... Not so much now however. I would say that Maroney problems' have much to do with our commitment to running the ball than him being a bum.

I don't want NE waiving his ass and turning him into the next Cedric Benson

monosylab1k
11-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Maroney is maddening because he shows the talent to be an elite back, yet he fucks up so much every game that it's tough to justify having him out there.

The Patriots do need to commit to the run, tho. It gets annoying to see them line up in the shotgun every freaking down, telegraphing every play to the defense.

DBryant88
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Maroney helped me win in my fantasy league this week

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I've had faith in Maroney longer than most people, but there are absolutely no excuses for goal line fumbles, after that bullshit against Indy I fell off his bandwagon. If the Patriots are going to make any noise in the playoffs, they are gonna need a legit running game + play action, and unfortunately Maroney is going to need to be trusted for that.

san antonio spurs
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Maroney is maddening because he shows the talent to be an elite back, yet he fucks up so much every game that it's tough to justify having him out there.

The Patriots do need to commit to the run, tho. It gets annoying to see them line up in the shotgun every freaking down, telegraphing every play to the defense.

I agree he is maddening, especially when he dances on the line of scrimmage or just runs in our lineman butts. But BB realizes on game tapes that most of the time there were no running holes whatsoever. It's a systemic problem we have not Maroney's solely. This is why he's still on this team.
Belichick will bench or waive ANY player he feels isn't doing his job.

san antonio spurs
11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I've had faith in Maroney longer than most people, but there are absolutely no excuses for goal line fumbles, after that bullshit against Indy I fell off his bandwagon. If the Patriots are going to make any noise in the playoffs, they are gonna need a legit running game + play action, and unfortunately Maroney is going to need to be trusted for that.

:lol Now... don't make me defend Maroney again. Yes he fumbled on the goal line, every back has... even the greatest.
Maroney has other problems and fumbling isn't one of them (at least before the last 2 games)

Our best option at RB however is still Sammy Morris