PDA

View Full Version : If Glenn Reynolds is right...

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
...it's going to be an uphill battle to get out the vote in 2010 or 2012 for Democrats (http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/88817/).

I think Obama's "charisma" was based on voter narcissism -- people excited not just about electing a black President, but about themselves, voting for a black President. Now that's over, and they're stuck just with him, and emptied of their own narcissism there's not much there to fill out the suit.
So, now that the "I-voted-for-a-black-president" box is checked...now what? Maybe nothing...particularly since this black president has been such a freakin' disappointment.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
It's all about race to you.

jack sommerset
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
I agree with Reynolds.

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
So, electing the first black president wasn't even a story in 2008? No one voted for Barack Obama simply because he was black?

Got it.

We'll see in 2010 and 2012.

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
And, no, it isn't "all about race to" me. Race wouldn't even be an issue if that weren't the reason Barack Obama was elected.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
"The" reason?

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
"The" reason?

Apparently, it was all about race to the electorate.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm sure the exit polls back you up.

What percentage of voters voted for him just because he is black?

clambake
11-22-2009, 07:02 PM
over/under 10 post of yonivore claiming not to be racist.

i've got under.

George Gervin's Afro
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
...it's going to be an uphill battle to get out the vote in 2010 or 2012 for Democrats (http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/88817/).

So, now that the "I-voted-for-a-black-president" box is checked...now what? Maybe nothing...particularly since this black president has been such a freakin' disappointment.

more mind reading by the dead enders..you dummies have things figured out..:rolleyes

boutons_deux
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
"I think Obama's "charisma" was based on voter narcissism"

I think GR has his head up his ass.

Voting for a Dem in 2008 was all about CHANGE away from the disastrous, criminal, murderous, venal Repug 8 years.

rogue pitbullbitch, Fox Political Channel, Limbaugh, Beck are splitting the Repugs between extreme right-wing and not extreme right wing.

Adding both wings together, there'd still be not enough to sweep out the Dems.

Split, it will be ridiculously impossible.

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
"I think Obama's "charisma" was based on voter narcissism"

I think GR has his head up his ass.

Voting for a Dem in 2008 was all about CHANGE away from the disastrous, criminal, murderous, venal Repug 8 years.

rogue pitbullbitch, Fox Political Channel, Limbaugh, Beck are splitting the Repugs between extreme right-wing and not extreme right wing.

Adding both wings together, there'd still be not enough to sweep out the Dems.

Split, it will be ridiculously impossible.
Exactly what has changed? That you wanted changed, that is.

EmptyMan
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
There is one last thing to check off the list...

Free health care and car insurance FOR ALLLLLLLL ay ya ya ya ya ya ay

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/original/vote-for-pedro.jpg

boutons_deux
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
"Exactly what has changed"

The change was that the Repugs got kicked in the balls, and totally repudiated for their 8 years of bogus wars, lies, and governmental mismanagement.

Yonivore
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
"Exactly what has changed"

The change was that the Repugs got kicked in the balls, and totally repudiated for their 8 years of bogus wars, lies, and governmental mismanagement.
Repudiated? How?

By continuing the Bush strategies in Iraq and Afghanistan?

By keeping Guantanamo Bay open?

By taking government mismanagement to levels never before imagined?

Seriously, what has changed?

Marcus Bryant
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Nothing. The powers that be haven't changed and the state continues to centralize power on their behalf. What a dud Obama has turned out to be.

boutons_deux
11-23-2009, 03:48 AM
Obama WAS a change, but I'm as disappointed as anybody that the shit started by the Repugs hasn't been solved or reduced by Magic Negro.

But I still blame 100% the Repugs for starting the shit. Their crimes don't get absolved and forgotten because Magic Negro hasn't turned it all around. The responsibility for starting the shit is not Magic Negro's responsility.

The Repugs dumped a ton of poison pills on Magic Negro, and I'm sure that was their plan all along.

Yonivore
11-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Obama WAS a change, but I'm as disappointed as anybody that the shit started by the Repugs hasn't been solved or reduced by Magic Negro.

But I still blame 100% the Repugs for starting the shit. Their crimes don't get absolved and forgotten because Magic Negro hasn't turned it all around. The responsibility for starting the shit is not Magic Negro's responsility.

The Repugs dumped a ton of poison pills on Magic Negro, and I'm sure that was their plan all along.
If I'm not mistaken, Obama actively sought the job he is now complaining about.

Solve or reduce? :lmao

DarkReign
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Nothing. The powers that be haven't changed and the state continues to centralize power on their behalf. What a dud Obama has turned out to be.

He's not even one year in, but yes, he is exactly more of the same Washington graff.

The only thing Obama has "changed" is a Democrat's feeling of self-wroth and national importance. Beyond that, nothing.

Nbadan
11-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Nothing?

- he saved the economy from the brink of 8-years of GOP-induced collapse - its still not perfect but compared to where we were 9 years ago its a miracle..

_ he has work hard to re-establish America's image and reputation across the planet...being exposed are the GOP-torture camps in GITMO and around the world, rendition, which is really just international kidnapping tied up in a nice national security blanket and acting like a pompous jerk in the face of the international community..

- Every American will have some type of health-care and, on the books at least, its cost neutral, unlike Bush's poison-pill give away to seniors which is driving Medicare/Medicade into a deficit...

those are just 3 of the big things, there are also many little things happening that are a complete turn-around from the Bush era....

EVAY
11-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Some people voted for Obama because he black. Some people voted against him because he was black.

Most of the electorate voted AGAINST what they had been seeing for so long. The disappointment with Obama right now is, for the majority of the electorate, that he has been unable to change what they wanted changed.

They voted for a government that worked, as opposed to one that floundered around. They haven't gotten that yet.

They voted for a leader to be proud of, who was not an embarrassment to listen to, who told people that it was okay to be nice to other people rather than hating them. They still like that about Obama.

Americans are not stupid. They are afraid. Right now they are afraid for themselves economically, and if Obama cannot turn that fear around before 2012, he will be very vulnerable.

But who will run against him? And how will that campaign be positioned? With hatred? With condescension? With rants?

Attacking the voting public for having an emotional disorder is, perhaps, not the most useful way to get people to vote a different way.

TheProfessor
11-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Saying Obama won this because of voter narcissism is asinine. The primary issue became the economy, and McCain, lacking credibility there already, was weighed down by his own party and featherweight running mate.