PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas rips teammates

djohn2oo8
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Gilbert Arenas said players on the team had "hidden agendas," noting that eight players on the team are free agents following the season.
"I guess when you start losing everyone wants to start pointing fingers everywhere else," Arenas said. "I converted my game to try to get people involved, but at the end of the day, to be honest, this is the same team since three years ago. We added a couple of pieces, but everybody else is basically the same player.

"I'm sitting here thinking 'Do I have to go in attack mode like I was two years ago to get us over this hump?' I hope not. I hope we're strong enough mentally that we can get over this."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/22/wizards.changes/index.html?rss=true

Kai
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
frustrated players say some eyebrow raising things sometimes :lol

hitmanyr2k
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
At least Brendan Haywood seems to have the right idea. His quote is the only time I saw "defense" mentioned in the entire article. Gilbert Arenas is just another chucker PG masquerading as a SG.

duhoh
11-23-2009, 04:42 AM
At least Brendan Haywood seems to have the right idea. His quote is the only time I saw "defense" mentioned in the entire article. Gilbert Arenas is just another chucker PG masquerading as a SG.

you mean chucker SG masquerading as a PG?

:lol

Lars
11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Pretty easy thing to say after you already have a 100+ million dollar contract.

lefty
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow; just wow

What a douche.

1st, he is overrated.

Secondly, you win and you lose as a team; if your teammates are doing something wrong, it's the coach's job to do something about it.
Calling your teammates out like that is a bad move

pauls931
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Wow; just wow

What a douche.

1st, he is overrated.

Secondly, you win and you lose as a team; if your teammates are doing something wrong, it's the coach's job to do something about it.
Calling your teammates out like that is a bad move

Or leadership if you're Kobe or LBJ....

jdev82
11-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Gilbert Arenas said players on the team had "hidden agendas," noting that eight players on the team are free agents following the season.
"I guess when you start losing everyone wants to start pointing fingers everywhere else," Arenas said. "I converted my game to try to get people involved, but at the end of the day, to be honest, this is the same team since three years ago. We added a couple of pieces, but everybody else is basically the same player.

"I'm sitting here thinking 'Do I have to go in attack mode like I was two years ago to get us over this hump?' I hope not. I hope we're strong enough mentally that we can get over this."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/22/wizards.changes/index.html?rss=true hahaha hey said " everyone wants to poinht fingers everywhere else" then he blames his teammates. the reason the identity of the team hasnt changed with a new supporting cast and a new choach is YOU gil! you are the leader, and if you jack up threes all day fucking long what do you think your team is going to do?gil-0 is a mental midget.

jdev82
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
You have got to be kidding me. This piece of shit is the worst PG in the league, hands down. All he does is probe for shots, and shoots under 40% FG, and under 80% FT. Fuck this asshole.

you just described kobe. really, if you dont beleive me, just add 2-3% to everything you said.

spursfan1000
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
lol @ gilbert arenas an any other player who thinks they will get any better at basketball by bringing down your team, you don't see someone like Tim Duncan or Tony Parker bringing down your team like Gilbert just did..

Muser
11-23-2009, 06:41 PM
What an overrated douche.

PGDynasty24
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
you just described kobe. really, if you dont beleive me, just add 2-3% to everything you said.

kobe shoots 48 percent. shoots 87 percent from the FT line so I dont know where your getting that?

Allanon
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM

GM's now consider Kobe the #2 best leader in the NBA and the 4 rings do make a difference.

Muser
11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
GM's now consider Kobe the #2 best leader in the NBA and the 4 rings do make a difference.

Sounds about right :tu

coyotes_geek
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
"I'm sitting here thinking 'Do I have to go in attack mode like I was two years ago to get us over this hump?'

:lmao

Yes Gilbert. Attack mode is definitely what you need to do. Your team is infested with selfish play and the only thing that can cure it is you taking more shots. Do it for your team Gilbert. Be a leader!

PGDynasty24
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I hope gilbert goes into attack mode. lol. then he will help my fantasy team

duncan228
11-24-2009, 02:02 PM
SI.com Roundtable (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/11/24/roundtable/index.html)

Gilbert Arenas recently criticized his teammates by saying he is the only player on the Wizards to sacrifice something for the good of the team this season. Is Arenas the sort of player around which a title team can be built?

Ian Thomsen: The answer at the moment is no. He's an All-NBA point guard who has made it past the opening round of the playoffs once in his career. I'm on record as believing he has it in him to go far -- I picked the Wizards to earn first-round home-court advantage in the East this year -- but it's entirely up to Arenas. He wants to be a franchise player, and he has been surrounded by an excellent coach and a lot of talented players. Now he needs to pull it all together constructively.

Jack McCallum: The short answer is no, but more because of who he is as a player. For the most part, you don't get to the Finals behind me-first gunners who are weak on defense, don't love to pass and are loose cannons in the locker room. (I say "for the most part" since Allen Iverson got the 76ers to the championship series in 2001.) But I sort of like Arenas' brazenness (then again, I don't have to coach him), and would take him over, say, Tracy McGrady.

Chris Mannix: There aren't many franchise players out there -- Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Dwight Howard are a few -- so it's no knock on Arenas to say he's not on that list. While Agent Zero is a terrific scorer with that eye-popping ability to drop 50 on you every night, he's not a complete player, and if you look at the aforementioned list, those are complete players. Can Arenas be a No. 1 guy? No. Can he be 1A, a Scottie Pippen to someone's Michael Jordan? Possibly.

Arash Markazi: Considering Arenas played in a grand total of 15 games the past two seasons heading into this year, I'm not sure he's the best person to be criticizing his teammates for not sacrificing. Arenas is a great talent and one of the best pure scorers in basketball, but I don't think he's the sort of player who would be the centerpiece for a championship team. If I were casting a potential Academy Award-winning movie, Arenas would be the quirky sidekick who stole every scene he was in but wouldn't be the headlined on the marquee.

duncan228
11-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Wizards Downplay Hints Of Conflict (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-wizardsdownplayhints&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Wizards players are trying to clear the air after several comments had seemed to signal locker room tension.

According to The Washington Post, G Gilbert Arenas and SF Caron Butler had a conversation late Monday afternoon to resolve their differences. "I never had a problem with him," Butler said. Beforehand, after Monday’s practice, Arenas had responded to a question about who would take responsibility for fixing any team turmoil by saying, “Me and Antawn (Jamison)”—leaving out Butler, the team’s third co-captain.

C Brendan Haywood, meanwhile, addressed some of his previous comments via his blog. Following Saturday’s loss to the Spurs, Haywood said, "If you want to win, you have to check your ego at the door.” But Haywood blogged that he was referring to the entire team’s play, and wasn’t singling out Arenas.