PDA

View Full Version : Most under-achieving Big man in the NBA

Donkeybong
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Emeka Okafor. What a fucking waste of size.

Darrin
11-22-2009, 07:30 PM
This season, it's Shaquille O'Neal.

On the flip side, Al Horford is perhaps the best defensive center in the league and he's been a pleasant suprise.

NickiRasgo
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM

On the flip side, Al Horford is perhaps the best defensive center in the league and he's been a pleasant suprise.

How old is Shaq?

lefty
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
How old is Shaq?
He is 720 pounds old.

Mad_Hatter
11-22-2009, 10:35 PM
yao.

pauls931
11-22-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd say Amare, but dollar for dollar Shaq takes the cake.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
yao.

He just can't stay healthy. "Under-acheiving" is not a word I would use to describe Yao.

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Greg Oden. Number 1 pick, high expectations. Shows up once in 3 games. At least Shaq and Yao Ming both are suffering from injuries.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
There's a bunch of guys in that category... Chandler, Okafor, Oden, Haywood, arguably Bosh...

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Greg Oden. Number 1 pick, high expectations. Shows up once in 3 games. At least Shaq and Yao Ming both are suffering from injuries.

Shaq is out with "shaquires," which basically means he doesn't want to play in November.

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 10:43 PM
There's a bunch of guys in that category... Chandler, Okafor, Oden, Haywood, arguably Bosh...
What the fuck you want Bosh to do? Average 30 and 13?

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Shaq is out with "shaquires," which basically means he doesn't want to play in November.
There were reports saying he had a shoulder injury.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
There were reports saying he had a shoulder injury.

He just doesn't want to play right now.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:45 PM

Bosh is too soft to be a #1 guy, but he'll be asking for a max contract this summer.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM

Horford is a stud.

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Bosh is too soft to be a #1 guy, but he'll be asking for a max contract this summer.
He does not need to ask. The teams that can will just offer it to him.

Roxsfan
11-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Production compared to the size of the contract, I'd say Ericka Dampier has this locked. 7 yr/73 million :lmao:lmao:lmao What a waste. 7.1 point scoring average best, going to 9.6 in what is basically his contract year since next year is not guaranteed. LOL at Jason Terry saying he should be an All Star :lmao:lmao

"He doesn't get a lot of credit. He's been unbelievable," guard Jason Terry said. "This year, he's been doing a phenomenal job, and he's going to get everything coming to him that he deserves because he should be an All-Star."

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
compared to the size of the contract, I'd say Ericka Dampier has this locked. 7 yr/73 million :lmao:lmao:lmao What a waste. 7.1 point scoring average best, going to 9.6 in what is basically his contract year since next year is not guaranteed. LOL at Jason Terry saying he should be an All Star :lmao:lmao

"He doesn't get a lot of credit. He's been unbelievable," guard Jason Terry said. "This year, he's been doing a phenomenal job, and he's going to get everything coming to him that he deserves because he should be an All-Star."

Erick Dampier is definitely the most overpaid center in the league. But relative to his talents, he has not underachieved this year. This thread is about underachieving big men, not overpaid big men. Contract is totally irrelevant.

dirk4mvp
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM

Based on his play so far, he is correct.

Findog
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM

I wouldn't go so far as to call Dampier an "All Star" but surprise, surprise, he's been very good in a contract year.

Roxsfan
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Erick Dampier is definitely the most overpaid center in the league. But relative to his talents, he has not underachieved this year. This thread is about underachieving big men, not overpaid big men. Contract is totally irrelevant.

If you look at his production with the mavs, it is pathetic. You would expect double-digit production in points and rebounds EVERY game, every season or by average at least. He has historically underachieved and like I said, the only reason his stats are marginally increased is b/c this is basically a contract year for this 34 yr old never-been. So YES, he is underachieving.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:05 PM

For starters, take pride on the defensive side of the floor? He's a soft chump. Lots of people can score in this league, but to be a complete player you have to play on both ends. He's getting a max contract this summer and he is not deserving IMHO.

Roxsfan
11-22-2009, 11:06 PM

OMG, are you serious? 9.6 points and 10.4 rebound avg. thru 5 games to start the season and that is all-star level to Jason T.?
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/110809dnspogeorge.3e90a17.html

that's a joke.:lmao:lmao

dirk4mvp
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
You should go back to posting everthing in big red letters. At least then you're entertaining.

Roxsfan
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM
You should go back to posting everthing in big red letters. At least then you're entertaining.

Did you come up with that all by yourself or did you ask your mommy for help?:downspin:

Findog
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
If you look at his production with the mavs, it is pathetic.

He is what he is, a MLE player making near-max money. Mark Cuban was dumb enough to give him that contract.

You would expect double-digit production in points and rebounds EVERY game, every season or by average at least.

Yeah, if he didn't have stone hands.

He has historically underachieved and like I said, the only reason his stats are marginally increased is b/c this is basically a contract year for this 34 yr old never-been. So YES, he is underachieving.

So in the first sentence you say he is playing better because it's a contract year, then in the last sentence you say he IS underachieving, present tense. Make up your mind on what point you'd like to make.

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
For starters, take pride on the defensive side of the floor? He's a soft chump. Lots of people can score in this league, but to be a complete player you have to play on both ends. He's getting a max contract this summer and he is not deserving IMHO.
One person playing defense does not mean shit if the whole team does not rotate. One person can't do everything, you know.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
One person playing defense does not mean shit if the whole team does not rotate. One person can't do everything, you know.

Excuses. This is the problem with Bosh lovers. They only look at one side of the court, and when you point out he sucks on the defensive end, they're quick to point out teammates or that he plays in Toronto.
I don't know man. Rasho and Duncan protected the paint well enough to win a championship. Rasho did rotate when needed. What's the excuse for Bosh?

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Excuses. This is the problem with Bosh lovers. They only look at one side of the court, and when you point out he sucks on the defensive end, they're quick to point out teammates or that he plays in Toronto.
I don't know man. Rasho and Duncan protected the paint well enough to win a championship. Rasho did rotate when needed. What's the excuse for Bosh?
And how many minutes did young Rasho play with the Spurs and old Rasho did with the Raptors. And the defensive system. I can't stand it. Bosh is capable of excellent defense in a good system. See 2008 Olympic games. Looks like Bosh is the only constant here. LOL Calderon can't play defense and nothing in particular. LOL Sonny Weems. LOL Andrea Bargnani not helping on the boards. LOL Demar DerRozan best defensive perimeter player compared to Bruce Bowen. LOL Jay Triano vs Pop.

ElNono
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
And how many minutes did young Rasho play with the Spurs and old Rasho did with the Raptors. And the defensive system. I can't stand it. Bosh is capable of excellent defense in a good system. See 2008 Olympic games. Looks like Bosh is the only constant here. LOL Calderon can't play defense and nothing in particular. LOL Sonny Weems. LOL Andrea Bargnani not helping on the boards. LOL Demar DerRozan best defensive perimeter player compared to Bruce Bowen. LOL Jay Triano vs Pop.

Well, we'll see if he lives up to his contract after this summer. So far, under achiever...

Chieflion
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Well, we'll see if he lives up to his contract after this summer. So far, under achiever...
If you are saying he is underachieving, then he must be damn good if he can play at the expected level.

SamoanTD
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
david west?

duhoh
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
david west and tyson chandler.

only known because they play with cp3

ElNono
11-23-2009, 12:00 AM
If you are saying he is underachieving, then he must be damn good if he can play at the expected level.

He has shown potential when being number two. But he's gonna be earning number 1 salary. You say he can deliver, well, let's see it.

SamoanTD
11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
david west and tyson chandler.

only known because they play with cp3
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao thats so fuking true!! :lmao:lmao

Roxsfan
11-23-2009, 01:07 AM
He is what he is, a MLE player making near-max money. Mark Cuban was dumb enough to give him that contract.

Yeah, if he didn't have stone hands.

So in the first sentence you say he is playing better because it's a contract year, then in the last sentence you say he IS underachieving, present tense. Make up your mind on what point you'd like to make.

I thought it was pretty clear. He has always underachieved so much so that a marginal increase thru 5 games is STILL underachieving.

I will make it more clear. Kid makes 70 on math test. After that he studies real hard to help make a push in his senior year to propel him into a good University. His next math test he gets a 71. Good job.

Danny.Zhu
11-23-2009, 01:34 AM

Contract is not irrelevant. Dampier achieved to get such a big contract. So I say he is over-achieving.

angelbelow
11-23-2009, 02:42 AM
im certain okafor isnt the first on that list.

ambchang
11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Eddy Curry?