PDA

View Full Version : Prayers por favor

ashbeeigh
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
My family has a problem. They are chronic facebook status stalkers. They talk about mundane status updates that family members from far and away have, what they are doing, etc. Except tonight one was pretty darn important. My second cousin, from Arizona, said that her grandmother (my mom's aunt) was in the ICU. This is my mom's last link to her mother. Needless to say she's pretty much a wreck (she's already been pretty depressed an anxious since my little sister moved away to Kansas) and I'm working up to it.

After a few frantic text messages and voice mails we found out my mom's aunt is in stable but serious condition. She's in her mid to late 70s and has pneumonia, had a series of seizures which caused her to stop breathing. Through that trauma she's got stuff in her lungs and is not breathing on her own. No news yet on the stroke front, they did an EEG on her (no results yet), but they cannot do an MRI on her until she is breathing on her own to see if she had a stroke. The hospital officials also asked if she had a living will..which is also not good.
We're hoping for the best, we all know that sleeping tonight is going to be pretty hard and were not planning on making a trip to Arizona based on these circumstances anytime soon.

So, I know we have a lot of these threads, and I'm always one to say a quick prayers for those who ask for them. I've been pretty lucky and think I've only asked for prayers regarding animals and jobs. If y'all could say one of those quick prayers, send some good thoughts our way, or just not be so mean to me for a bit that would be great. And if you can fins me some cinnamon swirl eggos I'll pay you five bucks. It would make me feel better right about now.

Kori Ellis
11-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Prayers to your great aunt. I'll keep her and your family in my thoughts.

spursfan09
11-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Prayers and thoughts are on the way to your family and aunt.

bigzak25
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
God-bless your Aunt, may she get well soon.

whottt
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Goodluck ashbeigh :tu

mrsmaalox
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Sending positive energy your way, Ash, my thoughts are with your mom and family.

BTW, don't read too much into the living will thing; inquiring about it is a legality in most states no matter how serious/minor a patient's condition is.

duncan228
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

pawe
11-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I'll say one for your loved ones.

Ginofan
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
We'll definitely say some prayers for you and your family Ash, I hope everything turns out okay.

tlongII
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Goodluck Ash.

ashbeeigh
11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks, everyone. :) My mom just got off the phone with her older cousin. It's a good thing we aren't there. I don't think we would be able to hear a word that was said by either one of them if they were in the same room, let alone on the phone two states away from each other.

angel_luv
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I said a prayer for your family situation, Ash. :)

I. Hustle
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
My thoughts are with you Ash. If it helps at all my grandmother was going through the exact same things. One of my cousins that is a nurse now lives with her and helps her out.
We made a few of those trips to the hospital. So far she is doing well but needs to be on medications and have her heart monitored.

florige
11-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Prayers for your family Ash!

ashbeeigh
11-26-2009, 03:27 PM
It's been a couple days since everything has happened so I thought I'd give a bit of an update.

Before the MRI was done the doctors were pointing towards just epilepsy (just runs in the family I guess). She was placed on some anticonvulsants and was sent off to do her MRI. The MRI came back late yesterday. They found a 6 centimeter (holy cow!) tumor in her brain. We (family in Texas) don't know where the tumor is, but based on the prolonged confusion I bet it was somewhere in the temporal lobe. Anyway.

The doctors, neurologists looked at the results in detail today and concluded the tumor is inoperable. It's killing the family in Arizona.

Needless to say this is pretty bad news to get on Thanksgiving. But prayers and thoughts, medicine should work in our favor.

Taco
11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless

phyzik
11-26-2009, 08:15 PM
I've decided I'm not going to be disingenuous on this holiday (Im not accusing anyone else in this thread of being so) so Im not going to say I will pray. Just being honest. Im not trying to be disrespectful, but honest.

Regardless of my religious views, I think its even worse to say your going to pray for someone and dont really mean it and I have to say, the only one that I know for sure who would actually pray would be Angel_Luv.

That being said, I DO hope your Great Aunt gets better. It sucks when something like that happens when family is supposed to come together.

and if I get targeted as being an asshole? at least Im an honest asshole.

ashbeeigh
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Just another update. She had the biopsy about a week and a half ago. The results came back on Friday - stage two brain cancer. :( They haven't been to the oncologist yet to see what the next plan of action is, chemo, radiation, non-treatment, etc. though. That's later this week.

My mom is making arrangements to fly out to Arizona to at least be with my cousins to lend a helping hand sooner than later. Just keeping us in your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

And PS-phyzik you're not an asshole, i eagerly anticipated a response of "I don't pray." So, no worries.

marini martini
12-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Still sayin' prayers for you & your family Ash!:tu

TMTTRIO
12-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Sorry to hear about her. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.