PDA

View Full Version : 'Broken Cristal' Update: Mav Nowitzki's Ex 'Sorry,' 'Still Loves Dirk'

duncan228
11-23-2009, 12:42 AM
'Broken Cristal' Update: Mav Nowitzki's Ex 'Sorry,' 'Still Loves Dirk' (http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2263)
Con Taylor Checks In With Germany, Checks In 'From 'Where Dreams Die'
By Mike Fisher -- DB.com

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-sport/2009/11/22/dirk-nowitzki/nowitzki__14095452__MBQF-1258839598,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

“I still love Dirk.”

That’s what Cristal Taylor is saying to the German media from her cell in Vandelia, Missouri (“a hicktown,’’ they call it in Germany), where Mavs star Dirk Nowitzki’s ex-fiancee is serving her five-year sentence. While Nowitzki is experienced yet another MVP-type season, “Broken Cristal’’ claims she is apologetic and hopeless.

"I'm so sorry for everything,’’ Cristal says. “Dirk is still the love of my life. But I have no hope."

I know I promised some time back that I’d written my final words about this woman. But as The 75-Member Staff goes through the German-to-English translation here, we decided there are so many laughs and so many lies that it’s worth passing along.

So here goes, from BILD (http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-sport/2009/11/22/dirk-nowitzki/ex-freundin-christal-taylor-liebt-ihn-noch-immer-teil-1.html):

It was a pitch black summer for Dirk Nowitzki. He did not practice and he did not play in the European Championship for Germany.

In May, the basketball star experienced the greatest crisis of his life.

A task force of the FBI arrest the woman with whom he was planning his future at his villa in Dallas.

She was already wearing his engagement ring ($190,000). But while the marriage contract was prepared, the bride turned out to be a long-sought impostor, forger and thief, who already had been convicted to a five-year sentence in and has been wanted with an arrest warrant.

Cristal Taylor (38) - aka Debra Jackson, Shana Mancini, Crista Santiago (eight astray on record) - was sentenced in late August in the U.S. state of Missouri to five years in prison.

She sits in the women's prison Vandelia (2,076 population) in the state of Missouri with the prisoner number 222716. She shares her cell with three women.

It took weeks before she agreed to speak with “BILD am SONNTAG” (the german newspaper) about her busted dream of living on the sunny side. (FISH note: The photo at below-right is of the reporter visiting her in prison; upper left is also of Taylor in prison.)

Vandelia, a hicktown two and a half hours by car from St. Louis, is one of those places where many dreams are buried.

After two inspections, the reporter is allowed to enter through a steel door to the visitors' room.

Green Blue plastic chairs with round wooden tables, the blinds are down, surveillance cameras on the walls. After 20 minutes Cristal Taylor is brought by two guards.

She's never been a beautiful woman, but cleaned up she looked handsome, as one could tell from the mugshots. The prison has taken her the last bit of sweetness. She is wearing khaki pants, white socks, sneakers, gray polo shirt with a name stickers.

Slowly Cristal Taylor begins to talk openly about the greatest opportunity of her live, which she destroyed with her lies.

Several times she is weeping bitterly and a guard has to bring her tissues.

"It was five years ago, and pure coincidence. I had dialed the wrong number when I tried to call my brother and landed on an answering machine. I thought, wow, this guy sounds really sweet and left a message. "

Months later Dirk Nowitzki actually writes back. They chat and there is sympathy. Cristal Taylor says she had no idea who she was dealing with. Nowitzki? Basketball Star? Never heard of him.

The curiosity is growing. In 2004 she goes to a Mavs Game in Houston. At the game they see each other from distance, and wave not more. But they talk on the phone, write emails and text messages even more intense, in the middle of the night, after waking up, before the departure - "ten times a day and more.”

The conversations are just about basketball and music - "Dirk is no who trusts easily." At some point he opens up.

Nowitzki, who was then allied otherwise has signalled her to wait for him, says Cristal Taylor. "Our deal was that we don´t start a relationship as long as he is allied."

How long did this deal last?

"About three years." After that everything developed in fast forward. Around New Year Nowitzki proposed, Taylor says. "He covered the floor with rose petals from the bedroom to the bathroom. He got down on his knee and opened a Tiffany box. Inside was the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, from the Legacy Collection with a very big diamond."

Where the ring is today?

"At a safe place."

Why did you not return the ring to him?

"I've asked Dirk thru the lawyers, whether he wants him back. His answer was that he did not want him. I will never sell him."

After Nowitzki came back from the Olympic Games in Beijing in late august of 2008, she has moved into his villa in the upscale district of Preston Hollow.

It must have felt like the story of Alice in Wonderland.

Christal Taylor, who grew up in poverty in St. Louis, who faked checks, lied, stole money and left a husband (1998 to 2001) with $333,000 in credit card debt, cheated a dentist, left her three children (14, 15 and 18) behind by her mothers in St. Louis and worked as a waitress in a strip club, had suddenly everything a woman can dream of.

A famous, wealthy man (as a professional Nowitzki earned about 150 million U.S. dollars) and then this beautiful hideout -- 856 square meters of living space on 8,085 square meters of ground, worth 5.8 million U.S. dollars, five bedrooms, five baths, five fireplaces, a tennis court , pool, spa area …

Only one thing was missing: boisterous parties, guests, chic dresses, photographers. The couple preferred to stay for themselves.

"Dirk always said:" My private life is my private life. And I did not want out in the public."

When she talks about her life, Cristal Taylor breaks out in tears again.

"I made him breakfast, fresh fruits and porridge. Then he went to practice. We had our morning ritual: He opened the garage, got in the car and I stood outside and waved. He came home for dinner, or I cooked him something and brought it to the stadium. After that I cleaned up, although there was a cleaning lady. In the evening we watched television, especially basketball."

No parties? No movies?

"No, we went once to a party."

Did she know his teammates?

"No, I did not want that. He did not tell the fact that he got engaged until Christmas to the team and his friends. He bought me a dog at the same time."

Taylor says she was happy the way it was. "I loved Dirk's humor, his wit, there was no dull moment with him."

She looked forward to the wedding on the 18th of July.

"Very small, maybe 20 people in the garden behind the house. No reporters. "I already picked out the wedding already: A simple one for $45."

Dirk parents met her the first time right before Christmas. "Even with the language difficulties I did well with them."

Once she even watched a game with his father Jörg at the arena. Taylor claims that she was pregnant in January. Shortly thereafter, she lost the child.

Ironically the attempt to make their love official, brings out her lies. While the marriage contract is drawn up the lawyers and Holger Geschwindner want to know more about her past.

Nowitzki did not know anything about her crimes? Did she never tell him?

Her answer: "I wanted to tell him everything. But I was afraid he will tell Holger, because he wanted to get rid of me, since he saw me the first time."

Nowitzki did not suspected anything?

Cristal Taylor: "He knew that I was arrested for check fraud and had probation. He even called me "Little Jailbird". But he did not know I was wanted on arrest warrants."

In her version she was willing surrender to the police in the summer while Nowitzki would not have been home because of the playoffs.

It did not come that far. The handcuffs clicked on May 6th at 11 o´clock.

At that moment Nowitzki is on the team plane, returning from a game. He is stunned, deeply hurt and angry.

Only one more time she hears from him. While she goes to prison, she says that she is pregnant "I got the papers that he wanted full custody of the child." Again, she lost the child. "I was under enormous stress. I had lost the love of my life."

Nowitzki backs out for weeks, does not answer the phone, gets help from his family.

It was poor judgement he later admits.

He now looks forward again: "Finally, I want a family with children before I'm 40," he once told BILD.

"It will take time until I have found the right woman, but it may work someday."

Cristal Taylor does not know how to proceed after her prison time. She might become a nurse, or she will write a book about her experiences ("I have many messages that tell the whole story") and then again she wants to apologize to Nowitzki and his family.

"I'm so sorry for everything. Dirk is still the love of my life. But I have no hope."

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/mehr-sport/2009/11/22/dirk-nowitzki/bildreporter-und-taylor-14090961-mfb-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=2 27.jpg

lurker
11-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Bitch, please. She's gonna sell that ring the second she gets out. :lol

ElNono
11-23-2009, 12:49 AM
:lmao

iggypop123
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
LMAO Dirk you reached a new low. odom says hi
http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/crystal-taylor-mug-shot.jpg
http://www.celebritywonder.com/picture/Khloe_Kardashian/KhloeKardash_Grant_13336363.jpg

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2009, 12:51 AM
seriously, hes a fucking millionaire, and he was hitting that.

Findog
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Sad story. No jokes here.

Shastafarian
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
seriously, hes a fucking millionaire, and he was hitting that.
Maybe that's why her face is so fucked up. She's not an exercise bike Dirk.

Kyle Orton
11-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Maybe that's why her face is so fucked up. She's not an exercise bike Dirk.
You know, he could be in a worse position. Like being a McCain supporter who lives in the state of missouri.

Shastafarian
11-23-2009, 12:56 AM
You know, he could be in a worse position. Like being a McCain supporter who lives in the state of missouri.

I don't get it. Props on the neckbeard picture though.

Kyle Orton
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
:rollin of course you don't get it. Most people don't know they're gay until their 20's either.

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM

its not a sad story, how many guys actually end up marrying the ugly con artist

Shastafarian
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Did someone forget to sign out of their troll?

ElNono
11-23-2009, 01:27 AM

There's plenty of jokes there. And it would have been a sad story if he would have found out AFTER getting married.
This actually had a good ending for Dirk.

TDMVPDPOY
11-23-2009, 02:20 AM
dirk v odom....

spursfan09
11-23-2009, 02:25 AM
ADM :rolleyes

sefant77
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Again full of lies and she is working the media for some pity...

Fish should never have posted that BS....

Bukefal
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
What a sad woman.

pauls931
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Run Dirk Run!!! Don't look back!!!

Findog
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
There's plenty of jokes there. And it would have been a sad story if he would have found out AFTER getting married.

Uh, the woman he planned to make a life with turned out to be a con artist. He was duped. And she is a seriously disturbed individual who ended up in jail. I have sympathy for both of them. Yeah, it's the ending of Cinderella for sure.

ElNono
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Uh, the woman he planned to make a life with turned out to be a con artist. He was duped. And she is a seriously disturbed individual who ended up in jail. I have sympathy for both of them. Yeah, it's the ending of Cinderella for sure.

He got duped. I'm glad he figured it out before he got married. Sucks? sure. But it could have been much worse.

And, I have no sympathy for criminals. She got what she deserved.

Findog
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
He got duped. I'm glad he figured it out before he got married. Sucks? sure. But it could have been much worse.

And, I have no sympathy for criminals. She got what she deserved.

I agree she got what she deserves, but I do have sympathy for her. She is a very disturbed person.

Brazil
11-23-2009, 01:25 PM
lol

jb4g
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
she could have atleast been good looking...

Indazone
11-23-2009, 02:24 PM
lessons learned in dating

a) No crazy pills
b) No felonies

Allanon
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Damn, Khloe's looking good right about now.

FkLA
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
wow is that really how they met? that just makes dirk look that much more pathetic, falling for a girl that leaves a message on your answering machine haha...i could understand fucking her but marrying her? come on dirk. im also pretty sure she called him intentionally and not on accident, bitch was digging for gold from the beginning and she almost had it too.

ElNono
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Damn, Khloe's looking good right about now.

No she isn't... :lol

FkLA
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Khloe's underrated. She aint no Kim but she's not hideous either.

noob cake
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
"It was five years ago, and pure coincidence. I had dialed the wrong number when I tried to call my brother and landed on an answering machine. I thought, wow, this guy sounds really sweet and left a message. "

Why did you not return the ring to him?

"I've asked Dirk thru the lawyers, whether he wants him back. His answer was that he did not want him. I will never sell him."

Please bitch, stop lying.

Marko Jaric >> Sasha >>>>>> Odom >>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk

The worse you are at basketball, the hotter your gf/wife looks. LeBronze, Artest, Arenas all have cruddy looking wives.

TimDunkem
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
LMAO Dirk you reached a new low. odom says hi

http://www.celebritywonder.com/picture/Khloe_Kardashian/KhloeKardash_Grant_13336363.jpg
Quit posting that nasty shit.

boston.balla
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Quit posting that nasty shit.

man if I get glasses bc of the eye injuries from this thread I know who to sue :lmao

FkLA
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/03/29/previews/Khloe%20Kardashian-PRN-035917.jpg

myhc
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/03/29/previews/Khloe%20Kardashian-PRN-035917.jpg

PERMABAN :nope:(:bang:wow

sefant77
11-23-2009, 05:45 PM
wtf, she looks like a tranny on that pic

Basketballgirl25
11-23-2009, 05:49 PM

sad story, either way, but I agree with you could have been sadder if he ended up married and then found out

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
I have to honestly say that I'm extremely surprised that this thread has been handled with relative maturity LOL..I guess a lot of us are growing up:)..

NZ Spurs
11-23-2009, 08:31 PM
You guys must all be dating models?

noob cake
11-23-2009, 10:26 PM
You guys must all be dating models?

90% of the girls are models compared to this cow. She has to be crazy in bed; how else would Dirk fucken even be attracted to someone who looks like a crackwhore (probably does crack and meth as a side hobby anyways).

ploto
11-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Dirk is one of the nicest guys in the NBA and I feel bad for all that has happened to him.

ElNono
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
If y'all want to dog on Dirk and Crystal Taylor Mancini Lopez Garcia, it's all good.

Just stop trashing this thread with pictures of 'that' Kardashian, please. Thank you.

spursfan09
11-23-2009, 11:06 PM
You think Dirk could ever trust a woman again?