PDA

View Full Version : chicago tea party "patriots" heckle a grieving mom

panic giraffe
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5Jo0GnX-k&feature=player_embedded

this is sad.

even if you don't agree with her stance on the bill, you could at least listen to her story. you don't have to laugh at her and call her a liar. did civil debate get thrown out completely in this country?

boutons_deux
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
"did civil debate get thrown out completely in this country"

of course.

The Repugs and conservatives have specialized in pushing lying and incivility for 30+ years. That's one area where the blame isn't bi-partisan.

spursncowboys
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh oh the pity card...
Dem's rulebook-
1. vilify
2. pity

doobs
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes, you care about civil debate. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139722)

panic giraffe
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
good job doobs, way to try to attack me instead of commenting on the sad state of debate in this country.

besides if you read that whole thread or post i commented, you would see that i wasn't arguing in favor of violence or the anti-racists in the other thread. just wondering what this country is coming to and if we'll see more of the personal attacks, both physical and in speech instead of a serious debate.

panic giraffe
11-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh oh the pity card...
Dem's rulebook-
1. vilify
2. pity

so you're saying that you feel nothing for the mom? that kind of behavior is okay?

clambake
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
so you're saying that you feel nothing for the mom? that kind of behavior is okay?

are you kidding? he attacks dead mothers.

he's brave that way.

doobs
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
good job doobs, way to try to attack me instead of commenting on the sad state of debate in this country.

besides if you read that whole thread or post i commented, you would see that i wasn't arguing in favor of violence or the anti-racists in the other thread. just wondering what this country is coming to and if we'll see more of the personal attacks, both physical and in speech instead of a serious debate.

good job panic giraffe, way to be a hypocrite

Oh, Gee!!
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM

if not him, who? if not on ST.com, where? think about it.

coyotes_geek
11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
The Repugs and conservatives have specialized in pushing lying and incivility for 30+ years. That's one area where the blame isn't bi-partisan.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

panic giraffe
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
good job panic giraffe, way to be a hypocrite

in what way?

i said in the other thread that i didn't agree with the way the situation was handled, but i sympathized with the anger they felt when confronted with facists.

in this thread i was wondering how anyone can defend the way that mob attacked a lady who lost her daughter and future grandbaby. and apparently you proved how heartless partisan hacks can be.

if she was standing up for something on the right, and a mob attacked her the same way, i would deplore it as well. its just sad that our country has turned to idiocracy 1000 years sooner than expected.

TheProfessor
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Oh oh the pity card...
Dem's rulebook-
1. vilify
2. pity
Did you listen to that story? I don't think you would be so flippant if you had actually done so.

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
in what way?

i said in the other thread that i didn't agree with the way the situation was handled, but i sympathized with the anger they felt when confronted with facists.

in this thread i was wondering how anyone can defend the way that mob attacked a lady who lost her daughter and future grandbaby. and apparently you proved how heartless partisan hacks can be.

if she was standing up for something on the right, and a mob attacked her the same way, i would deplore it as well. its just sad that our country has turned to idiocracy 1000 years sooner than expected.

After the fact, hypocrite.

TheProfessor
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Kind of hard to deplore something before it's actually happened.

Wild Cobra
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh oh the pity card...
Dem's rulebook-
1. vilify
2. pity
Funny how at all these town meetings, someone comes in with a serious but false story. I can understand people ridiculing her because they thought this was about false story. They probably had a 75% chance of being right, but in this case, they were wrong.

Cry Havoc
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM

Still waiting for you to make a single post in the political forum that isn't offensive or intentionally snide and actually has to do with the topic.

I'll probably be waiting a while.

panic giraffe
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Funny how at all these town meetings, someone comes in with a serious but false story. I can understand people ridiculing her because they thought this was about false story. They probably had a 75% chance of being right, but in this case, they were wrong.

so you're saying you're naturally suspect of grieving mothers?

is this just a natural reaction to cindy sheehan syndrome?

George Gervin's Afro
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM

mind reader!

EmptyMan
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM

of course.

LOL @ using political correctness to silence all opposition to your big hearted compassionate fa***try.

EmptyMan
11-23-2009, 07:42 PM

he's brave that way.

LOL @ this little leprechaun and his constant attacks on wild cobra's welfare.

Ignignokt
11-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Pro*gress! MacBooks, Scarfs, Sweaters, Rufus Wainwright!

Winehole23
11-23-2009, 10:58 PM
LOL @ using political correctness to silence all opposition to your big hearted compassionate fa***try.LOL @ anyone who fears clambake has the power to silence anyone. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
11-23-2009, 11:59 PM
if i may interject.....

dqpfU_AC7Ls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpfU_AC7Ls

clambake
11-24-2009, 12:08 AM
LOL @ this little leprechaun and his constant attacks on wild cobra's welfare.

finally...someone understands me. save the children.

101A
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
"quote=boutons_deux"

of course.

Irony.

Yonivore
11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Irony.
To the extreme.

I was about to say, I guess bouton_deux has joined the conservative ranks. Along with the SEIU, ACORN, MOVEON.ORG, Keith Olbermann and the rest of the crew that, until now, have been doing a pretty good impression of liberals lying and being uncivil.

But, now that we have Bouton_deux's observation...

jack sommerset
11-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh oh the pity card...
Dem's rulebook-
1. vilify
2. pity

Sad but that is true. Get a fucking job. Pay for your own insurance. USA owes TRILLIONS of dollars. Government/politicians piss our money away. Don't let them run the biggest business in our country. I'm really amazed at the idiots at there thinking this will make our country better. It will make it far worse.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Sad but that is true. Get a fucking job. Pay for your own insurance. USA owes TRILLIONS of dollars. Government/politicians piss our money away. Don't let them run the biggest business in our country. I'm really amazed at the idiots at there thinking this will make our country better. It will make it far worse.

so if you can't afford insurance in your world where do people go to get medical care?

Winehole23
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
so if you can't afford insurance in your world where do people go to get medical care?The emergency room, if you don't die first.

jack sommerset
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
so if you can't afford insurance in your world where do people go to get medical care?

Get a better job. It's wrong, wrong to ask others to pay for others when they don't want too.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Get a better job. It's wrong, wrong to ask others to pay for others when they don't want too.

so they and their kids suffer slow miserable deaths.. nice job jack. I guess you woudn't be for providing poor kids meals at schools. Their parents just need to get a better job to afford food for their kids right jack?

panic giraffe
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
so they and their kids suffer slow miserable deaths.. nice job jack. I guess you woudn't be for providing poor kids meals at schools. Their parents just need to get a better job to afford food for their kids right jack?

or why even bother educating the lower classes, their parents should just get better jobs and send them to private schools. and for that matter, why does MY tax money go to protect poor people? they should just protect themselves and i would have more police in better neighborhoods.

with that logic jack, where would you draw the line? what equate to what a necessary that a civilized developed government should provide to its tax paying citizens and what is scum sucking welfare? do you believe in food stamps or should people just starve in our streets?

personally i think that there is very little the government should be involved in, but when it comes to life or death matters it does owe its people basic infrastructure, safety, heath, education.

jack sommerset
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM

You guys who support this shitty bill really make no sense. You ignore the fact we our in debt. Trillions. You just ignore that fact. Forgotten fact. You rather have some dude post signs in congress. "Republicans want people to die" NICE. Lets make everyone who does not support free healthcare feel bad. Like old George the troll (You are such a fucking troll but people are out there like your troll) said "kids will suffer a slow miserable death"

I don't want to pay for other people. But it really doesn't matter at this point. I don't want to pay for peoples abortions. I don't want to pay for illegals and that will happen if doctors can't check ID. Then I got to hear from pussys like Cry Havoc that a persons civil rights are being violated for checking ID or a someone doing there job.

You people want to forget our country can't run shit. Post office, medicare, social security all lose money every year that helps pile on to our debt. You people just want to forget about all that and turn this into another political bullshit topic. "republicans want people to die" It's bullshit. I am neither a republican or democrat and I know this bill will hurt our country even more but we can't talk about that with Obama dems. They just don't get it. They want you to believe our country is bad and whoever does not support this bill is bad. It's not true. We can't afford it and we shouldn't have too.

panic giraffe
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
if i may interject.....

dqpfU_AC7Ls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpfU_AC7Ls

looks like a fight to me.

i don't know who's wrong and who's right in this one, because it starts off after the fact. if the tape showed the union guys attacking the anti-reform protester, then i could see the outrage, but that's just not the case from the tape provided. do you have a full video? i hate "beck" style edits.

but i guess the bigger question is...what the fuck does this have to do with attacking a grieving mother?

Winehole23
11-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Posted for balance, perhaps.

I am rubber, you are glue, whatever nasty thing you said about my side, your side does too.

Winehole23
11-24-2009, 12:29 PM
There's plenty of jerks to go around. Tea partiers don't hold the patent.

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=jack sommerset;3864174]You guys who support this shitty bill really make no sense. You ignore the fact we our in debt. Trillions. You just ignore that fact. Forgotten fact. You rather have some dude post signs in congress. "Republicans want people to die" NICE. Lets make everyone who does not support free healthcare feel bad. Like old George the troll (You are such a fucking troll but people are out there like your troll) said "kids will suffer a slow miserable death"

Why feel bad? You don't want to pay for anyone else's care including poor children. Nothing wrong with that. By the way you won't find one post from me stating that I support this bill. of course your part of the same crowd who wants kids to know that we are a nation built on christian beliefs..

I don't want to pay for other people. But it really doesn't matter at this point. I don't want to pay for peoples abortions. I don't want to pay for illegals and that will happen if doctors can't check ID. Then I got to hear from pussys like Cry Havoc that a persons civil rights are being violated for checking ID or a someone doing there job.

So would you be ok with not treating an illegal if they cannot provide documention to show they are here legally? Just tryin to clarify your wrambling position

You people want to forget our country can't run shit. Post office, medicare, social security all lose money every year that helps pile on to our debt. You people just want to forget about all that and turn this into another political bullshit topic. "republicans want people to die" It's bullshit. I am neither a republican or democrat and I know this bill will hurt our country even more but we can't talk about that with Obama dems. They just don't get it. They want you to believe our country is bad and whoever does not support this bill is bad. It's not true. We can't afford it and we shouldn't have too.

Are you at least ok with raising taxes to pay for the wars?

George Gervin's Afro
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
or why even bother educating the lower classes, their parents should just get better jobs and send them to private schools. and for that matter, why does MY tax money go to protect poor people? they should just protect themselves and i would have more police in better neighborhoods.

with that logic jack, where would you draw the line? what equate to what a necessary that a civilized developed government should provide to its tax paying citizens and what is scum sucking welfare? do you believe in food stamps or should people just starve in our streets?

personally i think that there is very little the government should be involved in, but when it comes to life or death matters it does owe its people basic infrastructure, safety, heath, education.

jack doesn't want to pay for pencils and notebooks for those families who can't afford them so he just assume they stay home. until that is the parents get a better job to afford school supplies....

jack sommerset
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
jack doesn't want to pay for pencils and notebooks for those families who can't afford them so he just assume they stay home. until that is the parents get a better job to afford school supplies....

Keep ignoring the facts, dummy.

panic giraffe
11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Keep ignoring the facts, dummy.

agree with the bill or not, are you saying that you support treating a grieving mother like in the first post?