PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have Progressive Insurance?

Useruser666
09-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Does anyone here have Progressive insurance for an auto? If so, have you gotten any notices of a class action lawsuit against Progressive? I did and was wondering it it was for real or some sort of scam. Any input?

Useruser666 :eyebrow

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 11:15 AM
I do, and I haven't received anything.....but I haven't had it very long so it may be in regard to something a while back.

Those generally aren't a scam, though...although if anything even comes of it, you might get a check for $.25.

:lol

tlongII
09-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Well! A couple of folks with "spotty" driving records in here apparently.... I used to have Progressive, but fortunately my pile of speeding tickets fell off of my driving record as the years rolled by.

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Actually no, I haven't had a ticket (besides a parking one) in 15 years.

I had an accident about 6 years ago, though.... 8o

tlongII
09-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Then why on earth do you have Progressive Auto Insurance???!!! I know Safeco at least has much better rates. Progressive was the only insurance company I could get to insure me back in the day. Eventually Safeco agreed to cover me and my wallet has been thanking me ever since.

SpursWoman
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM
My rates aren't bad at all, they were actually a lot better than Geico.......but Safeco, huh....?

My policy runs out next month...thanks! :lol

Das Texan
09-03-2004, 12:27 PM
I have damn good rates with Progressive.

Samurai Jane
09-03-2004, 12:40 PM
SW, if you want a quote with Safeco, send me a PM.

Progressive has great rates if you have activity, but typically, I can almost always find another company with better rates than them.

TastesLikeChicken
09-03-2004, 04:12 PM
I have progressive and haven't received anything about a lawsuit.

I just did an online quote with safeco and it was $800 more every 6 months then my current progressive rates.

And I have a clear driving record.

Samurai Jane
09-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Sorry, TLC, every case is different, noticed I said "typically", "almost always", and "another company"?

Useruser666
09-03-2004, 05:56 PM
I have a clear driving record and good credit. The paper that came in the envelope mentioned something to do with a lawsuit against Progressive dealing with how they used peoples credit reports to change their rates. I will post the web address when I get home.

I got a $143.00 bucks back from USAA one time. They said they had to pay off dividends they recieved or maybe it was for overcharging. Hey I was happy.

I will check out the site when I get home. It looks ok, but it asks for my name, address, policy number, and phone number. I think I probably will try it. I did get back $13 bucks and some change from that lawsuit against the record companies even though the only cd I have ever bought was the Spurs 1999 Championship CD. That only cost $6.99 too!

Useruser666

:eyebrow

Useruser666
09-03-2004, 11:48 PM
www.FCRANoticeSettlement.com (http://www.FCRANoticeSettlement.com)

Here is the link to the lawsuit web page.

Useruser666 :eyebrow