PDA

View Full Version : Getting pissed with these damn wireless adapters

Leetonidas
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
I know this is a tech question but I am in urgent need of a response, so please Kori, don't move this.

Okay so I bought a new desktop recently and it came with Windows 7. Problem is my Netgear wg111v2 doesn't work on Windows 7. I tried to install it and it told me that the software was not compatible.

So I start researching this and apparently this has been a big problem. I decided I would just buy a new one and I went to walmart.com to see how much they cost. I found a Linksys WUSB600N Ultra RangePlus adapter. I read the reviews and one of the guys said it worked on Windows 7 for him so I decided to buy it. Well I got the damn thing and lo and behold, it won't install and doesn't work with Windows 7. :pctoss

So, my question is, do any of you know of a good wireless internet USB adapter that I can buy that is compatible with Windows 7?

tlongII
11-23-2009, 11:00 PM
google.com

Leetonidas
11-23-2009, 11:01 PM
google.com

Or maybe I could just ask someone in The Club.

symple19
11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
I know this is a tech question but I am in urgent need of a response, so please Kori, don't move this.

Okay so I bought a new desktop recently and it came with Windows 7. Problem is my Netgear wg111v2 doesn't work on Windows 7. I tried to install it and it told me that the software was not compatible.

So I start researching this and apparently this has been a big problem. I decided I would just buy a new one and I went to walmart.com to see how much they cost. I found a Linksys WUSB600N Ultra RangePlus adapter. I read the reviews and one of the guys said it worked on Windows 7 for him so I decided to buy it. Well I got the damn thing and lo and behold, it won't install and doesn't work with Windows 7. :pctoss

So, my question is, do any of you know of a good wireless internet USB adapter that I can buy that is compatible with Windows 7?

Dude, stop shopping at Wal-Mart.com, first of all. You get lots of moron points for that right off the bat.

Go to www.newegg.com for all your computer related needs.

Leetonidas
11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey bro, it was the first place I went to because I didn't feel like driving all the way to Best Buy. Obviously, I am going to go somewhere else. But I would like to know what adapter is compatible with Windows 7 before I go out and buy it.

I looked on google and I haven't found anything yet and the site you provided doesn't have anything either. So I was wondering if perhaps another forum member was having this same problem and got it resolved or something. Shit.

The Final Countdown
11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Linksys WUSB54G v4 USB Wireless Adapter for Windows 7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Linksys-WUSB54G-v4-USB-Wireless-Adapter-for-Windows-7_W0QQitemZ220502004007QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ200910 29?IMSfp=TL091029183004r15758

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-24-2009, 06:27 AM
This is why you wait a year after release before installing a new OS.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 07:13 AM
This is why you wait a year after release before installing a new OS.
No shit.

Let other people be the guinea pigs.

Evil Angel
11-24-2009, 07:37 AM
No shit.

Let other people be the guinea pigs.

So true.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah. I have a buddy that has to get the latest and greatest stuff. Is eager to do OS updates and I'm like "dude! Let's wait and check some message boards and see what kinda problems people are having". It's pretty frustrating. He's hell bent on getting Snow Leopard. I told him he's on his own if he does.

bus driver
11-24-2009, 08:57 AM

cnet.com

if it has drivers for windows server 2008, you can try this. it may work, but you will just need to install the driver and not run the setup.exe

PM5K
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't answer tech questions posted in the non-tech sections.

I. Hustle
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll buy that Linksys from you for half of what you paid.

PM5K
11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
No problems here with Windows 7.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2009, 04:11 PM

So, my question is, do any of you know of a good wireless internet USB adapter that I can buy that is compatible with Windows 7?Check the hardware version of the Linksys adapter. If it's version 2.0, there is a Windows 7 driver on their website.

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WUSB600N/download

If you already tried, disregard.

DannyT
11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't answer tech questions posted in the non-tech sections.

shit, you dont even answer tech questions posted in the geek section...

PM5K
11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
shit, you dont even answer tech questions posted in the geek section...

Yes I do Sir.