PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper: Richard Jefferson

jalberto
11-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Here my new wall.
No Manu Ginobili this time. :lol
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2764/4129568090_3e3e02178f.jpg
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2764/4129568090_97da47a34d_o.jpg)

Here the minimalist version: Black, white & silver
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4129535094_f2eae7fb9c.jpg (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4129535094_58576c1fee_o.jpg)

I hope you like it!

alamo50
11-24-2009, 07:29 AM
The black one sucks and the blue one makes no sense.
Nice effort though.

Spurs Brazil
11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I liked the black one

Good job jalberto :tu

DieMrBond
11-24-2009, 08:16 AM
I personally prefer the Black one, as it makes more sense colour wise (as in Spurs colours, but i get the flying sky high colours) - but both are well done.

Oh, and 'San' is cut out on the black one, i think your layers might have gotten mixed ;)

TJastal
11-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Nice effort though.

you sir, are an a-hole.

jalberto
11-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys!

Oh, and 'San' is cut out on the black one, i think your layers might have gotten mixed ;)
I did it on purpose, is a shadow effect. Thanks :lol

Parker2112
11-24-2009, 09:23 AM
These wallpapers look killer! :toast

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
These are cool, good job

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Nice effort though.

faggot

DieMrBond
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys!

I did it on purpose, is a shadow effect. Thanks :lol

Ahh, i thought that might have been the case :) Like your work...

NRHector
11-24-2009, 11:10 AM
nice :toast

alamo50
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
The black one looks much better after the edit.

Kori Ellis
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
I like the blue one. Good job.

jalberto
11-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks people!

The black one looks much better after the edit.
What edit?:wow

JR3
11-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice wallpapers! Is that a skull in the back, next to the J in the Blue one?

jalberto
11-24-2009, 03:50 PM
No , just reflexions and clouds

Thanks!

UnWantedTheory
11-24-2009, 04:13 PM
coolio beanos

lefty
11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
THe dark one is :wow

rayray2k8
11-24-2009, 04:35 PM
black ftw. thanks man. I guess some can't appreciate others who take the time to make great walls for fans. Thanks anyway, even if some of them don't deserve them.. :rolleyes

alamo50
11-24-2009, 05:36 PM

What edit?:wow

You mean to tell me that the lettering was as clear before the edit as it was after? Than I appologize and blame the flat screen.

You post wallpapers and we are here to comment.
Some like it, some don't.
Some speak their mind, most don't.

The standard for wallpapers has been set very high by others long ago.
It's nothing personal. Just giving my honnest personal opinion.

Does that deserve me being cussed out?
Oh wait, stéphane already addressed that issue.

jalberto
11-24-2009, 06:05 PM
You mean to tell me that the lettering was as clear before the edit as it was after? Than I appologize and blame the flat screen.

Sorry, but I do not know why you are doing such speach to me. I didn´t say a word about your comment or the way you did it.

DPG21920
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM

Have you heard of making things palatable? Instead of saying it sucks or it makes no sense, how about saying "you might try this to make it better.."

Does his art work really merit an "it sucks" comment?
Oh wait, stephane already addressed that issue.

Daddys Girl
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I agree with Alamo50 he has balls to say what others are to scared to say! :tu

mouse
11-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Alamo50 knows his shit! come on jalberto kick it up a notch you can do better esse!

DPG21920
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
I agree with Alamo50 he has balls to say what others are to scared to say! :tu

Alamo50 knows his shit! come on jalberto kick it up a notch you can do better esse!

How embarrassing Mouse, a double post.

jalberto
11-25-2009, 06:34 AM
I think that balls has nothing to do with posting. I have seen many aggressive remarks coming from guys that hide behind a nick and don´t know how to handle their lives.
Ok with a sincere opinion without aggressiveness

TDMVPDPOY
11-25-2009, 06:46 AM
wheres the one with illuzion in it? thats fkn gold

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM

You don't need to be such a fucking prick about it seriously. You can't just say it needs some work? He obviously put time into these and it's not like anyone fucking paid him to do it. I've been reading this board for years now and don't think I've ever seen you be such a prick to someone that didn't deserve it.
Anyways, nice work on the black one man :tu

And mouse has a lot of nerve talking shit about others artwork when everything he makes looks like it belongs in the late 80's.

jalberto
11-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks TacoCabanaFajitas!

Kori Ellis
11-25-2009, 11:04 AM

You can speak your mind, but "sucks" is rude and obnoxious. No one cares that you didn't like the wallpaper, they just care that you have to be rude about it. When you are so rude, expect to be cussed out.

johnnyblues
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm using the blue one. Thanks for sharing!

jalberto
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Happy to know you are using it, Johnnyblues!

Alex Jones
11-25-2009, 06:26 PM
How embarrassing Mouse, a double post.

I am sure he is Embarrassed! :lmao

mouse
11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
If I did a wallpaper that sucked I would want to hear it also! I wouldn't want Kori to Nanny the replies but I guess jalberto needs that. make wallpapers that kick ass that we want to use on our desktop, don't just make wallpapers for complements, or pats on the back.

my take.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/duncan.jpg

ManuTP9
11-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I like the Blue one,good job.

jalberto
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks ManuTP

Mouse, You don´t know what I need, Don´t Make assumptions for me.
I am sure of what I post here. I have never posted anything I am not convinced is good. May be you like it or not. But that is your point of view.
In order to tell the truth , I tell you that I would never post a wall like the one you have made. I think that a wall is something more than a mix of photos with a text. In addition, such composition (with the nose in the middle of his stomach, and the mouth "over there") is not the best you can do . The text ( a little rococo) doesn´t fit with the rest of the job.
I hope this helps you to improve your work. I would never say: it stinks. I think It just needs more work and give you my reasons. So far it is a collage of photos with no "elaboration", in a bad composition and with a text that has nothing to do with the rest.

When I say "elaboration" I mean more than cut and paste. See here:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6783/untitsledd2.jpg

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
my take.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/duncan.jpg

:lmao

Do you have just one font installed on your computer?

alamo50
11-26-2009, 08:27 AM
DAMN, THAT DUNCAN WALL IS OF DA HOOK!
FO SHIZZLE MY MIZZLE!

Crispy clear, I like.

That Manu sig is pretty damn sweet too.

See, this is the standard I was refering to earlier.
Doesn't mean one shouldn't be pushed towards that level.
Kissing ass usualy doesn't bring that out in a person.

Respect that you ain't got your panties up yours yourself jalberto.

Chieflion
11-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Wow, mouse, well done.

Kori Ellis
11-26-2009, 08:35 AM
FO SHIZZLE MY MIZZLE!

Crispy clear, I like.

See.. I don't like that Duncan wall at all. I think it's crowded, don't like how Duncan's feet look and I don't like the font. But I certainly wouldn't attack the person who made it and say it "sucks."

Jalberto has made a lot of great walls that have been voted on/chosen as weekly winners at Spurs.com, etc. So he's definitely at the "level" you are looking for. He deserves more respect than "it sucks." That's all I'm saying.

Spursmania
11-26-2009, 08:42 AM
I like Jalberto's style and respect his contributions to this board.
Jalberto is a class act. Thanks Jalberto!:toast

The Final Countdown
11-26-2009, 10:13 AM
:lmao

Do you have just one font installed on your computer?

That's old school biocth! :smokin

jalberto
11-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys!

FO SHIZZLE MY MIZZLE!

Crispy clear, I like.

Alamo, if this is your standard I am happy to be out of that.
Now I really apreciate your "it stinks" , I would be worried with a positive comment coming from you, considering your concept of what a wall should be.

“bright and shiny”
11-26-2009, 10:27 AM
If your serious about what you do you would welcome criticism, a true professional doesn't let negative remarks get to them, unless they have no confidence in the first place then they are looking for complements to boost their ego or moral.

I take criticism good because I know my shit is tight so its like water on a ducks back. I know people are just jealous or haters.

You need to believe in yourself and not worry what others think brah!

:tu

TJastal
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
If your serious about what you do you would welcome criticism, a true professional doesn't let negative remarks get to them, unless they have no confidence in the first place then they are looking for complements to boost their ego or moral.

I take criticism good because I know my shit is tight so its like water on a ducks back. I know people are just jealous or haters.

Is that you in the video there?

jalberto
11-26-2009, 10:44 AM

Your are right , that is what I tried to do even with the not very polite "it stinks".
I just answered when I felt that wrong concepts were exposed as a model to follow.
Thanks.

Libri
11-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Both walls are great but I like the black one better.

Thanks for sharing.

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-26-2009, 03:56 PM

I honestly can't believe you are speaking as a "true professional", when like I said before, your work is as outdated as your "comedy." On one page you're slamming the guy and being a queer, the next you're on one of your 300 troll names offering friendly advice. There's a difference between criticism and just being an asshole. If someone came out of nowhere and insulted my work I wouldn't be pissed that they talked shit about my art, but that they lack any kind of decency or etiquette. The people that lack confidence are the ones that feel the need to rudely let someone know what they think.

mouse
11-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I honestly can't believe you are speaking as a "true professional", when like I said before, your work is as outdated as your "comedy." On one page you're slamming the guy and being a queer, the next you're on one of your 300 troll names offering friendly advice. There's a difference between criticism and just being an asshole. If someone came out of nowhere and insulted my work I wouldn't be pissed that they talked shit about my art, but that they lack any kind of decency or etiquette. The people that lack confidence are the ones that feel the need to rudely let someone know what they think.

Pssssssst!
http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/firstamendment/images/FirstAmendment.gif

Brazil
11-26-2009, 04:27 PM
nice job jalberto as always

mouse
11-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Your are right , that is what I tried to do even with the not very polite "it stinks".
I just answered when I felt that wrong concepts were exposed as a model to follow.
Thanks.

Dude are you still pissed you had to eat another TV dinner this Thanksgiving?

Bitch I had top ramen and a slim Jim for dinner mother fucker!

You don't see me flaming out like some ex American Idol runner up!

I haven't seen this much Drama since they Fired Jay Howard, your mini meltdowns may actually make this topic not only worth reading but maybe help it enter the classics forum.

You may have taken the word "butt hurt" to a new level, your worried about one of your wallpapers getting a negative review? You should be embarrassed that Kori had to pull out the ruler and slap some hands like a Catholic School teacher.

To me that would be much more of an embarrassment than a cheesy wallpaper.

But that's just me, Dude unless your new to the www I may warn you you might see the words "it sucks" more than once.

In fact if Picasso himself posted a wallpaper of the Mona Lisa I bet two posters would say "it sucks"

because it's the www everything can suck............take your balls out of Kori's purse and deal with it all ready, get used to rejection once and awhile, it happens!.... do it so we can move on to your next wallpaper creation.........

:toast

jalberto
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks libri, Brazil and TacoCabanaFajitas!

mouse
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
nice job jalberto as always

Pssssst!

I posted one also you Brazilian Thong wearing coffee drinker!

jag
11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
So many stupid responses in this thread. Jalberto has always posted the best WP's in this forum...i'm not sure why A50 and Mouse are acting like bitches.

A50 is acting like Jalberto fucked his wife.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I agree, Jalberto's wallpapers have always been the best in here. I think Alamo50 must be joking. I mean mouse's wallpaper is laughable compared to the OP's. Seriously mouse, don't mean to offend but... you're not very good bro. Just keeping it real, you know like you and Alamo50.

mouse
11-26-2009, 04:57 PM
A50 is acting like Jalberto fucked his wife.

You want the youtube link? When your ready to let lose of Jalberto's nut sac let us all know,.....I may want to have a chat with you in the TRoll forum where the real smack last all night long...

Waring! Kori isn't going to hold your hand esse!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/pop-candy.jpg

mouse
11-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I agree, Jalberto's wallpapers have always been the best in here. I think Alamo50 must be joking. I mean mouse's wallpaper is laughable compared to the OP's. Seriously mouse, don't mean to offend but... you're not very good bro. Just keeping it real, you know like you and Alamo50.

wow Jalberto's nut sac must really be crowded, worst than wall mart on Black Friday during Katrina!

If i knew he had this many kool-aid drinking followers I would have asked BlondieSpurs to shut down ClubSpurs so we can all have an online gtg.

You guys are so used having a female clean up your online fuckups you forgot you had a penis.

If you think my outdated wallpapers suck post something better eses!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/duncan-3.jpg

MaNuMaNiAc
11-26-2009, 05:08 PM
wow Jalberto's nut sac must really be crowded, worst than wall mart on Black Friday during Katrina!

If i knew he had this many kool-aid drinking followers I would have asked BlondieSpurs to shut down ClubSpurs so we can all have an online gtg.

You guys are so used having a female clean up your online fuckups you forgot you had a penis.

If you think my outdated wallpapers suck post something better eses!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/duncan-3.jpg

No need, Jalberto just did :lol :toast

jag
11-26-2009, 05:09 PM
You want the youtube link? When your ready to let lose of Jalberto's nut sac let us all know,.....I may want to have a chat with you in the TRoll forum where the real smack last all night long...

Waring! Kori isn't going to hold your hand esse!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/pop-candy.jpg

I'd ask if he fucked your significant other, but i'm fairly certain Jalberto doesnt stick dudes.

mouse
11-26-2009, 05:13 PM
I'd ask if he fucked your significant other, but i'm fairly certain Jalberto doesnt stick dudes.

You live near a rest stop? I can tweet him if you want to hook up!
:wakeup

jag
11-26-2009, 05:17 PM
You live near a rest stop? I can tweet him if you want to hook up!
:wakeup

:lol
As far as i can tell, you creating girl trolls and running game on dudes in here, is the only thing indicative of bromance here at ST.

Daddys Girl
11-26-2009, 05:21 PM
:lol
As far as i can tell, you creating girl trolls and running game on dudes in here, is the only thing indicative of bromance here at ST.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-41/eva-hump.gif

alamo50
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
But I certainly wouldn't attack the person who made it and say it "sucks."

Jalberto has made a lot of great walls that have been voted on/chosen as weekly winners at Spurs.com, etc. So he's definitely at the "level" you are looking for. He deserves more respect than "it sucks." That's all I'm saying.

Saying something sucks is explained by you by attacking a person?
Jalberto knows it's not personal.
He's an artist and he knows it's not his best work.

The standard I was refering to has been created by dave14, nz_spurs and genghisrex. Nobody else.

MaNuMaNiAc, you got it man.

;)

jalberto
11-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry Alamo 50 to disappointing you: You are not good at mind reading either.
I am very satisfied with the walls I have done, otherwise I hadn´t posted here.
David Hager is a good friend of mine and a great artist.

I would´ve guessed that Mouse was part of your high standard......

FO SHIZZLE MY MIZZLE!

Crispy clear, I like.

But now you said:

The standard I was refering to has been created by dave14, nz_spurs and genghisrex. Nobody else.

ElNono
11-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Buen trabajo Jalberto. No le des pelota a los envidiosos.

jalberto
11-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Gracias nono, yo acepto la critica fundamentada , no soy ningun necio. Pero la mala onda de estos dos tipos es evidente y encima uno exhibiendo un adefesio como si fuera una obra de arte y el otro poniéndola como ejemplo.Si ese es el concepto de lo que es bueno, todo critica negativa de estos tipos es un indicio de que no me equivoqué. :lol Saludos.

NZ Spurs
11-26-2009, 08:13 PM
This thread is classic. With all due respect basketball wallpapers aren't exactly fine art - all of mine included.

NZ Spurs
11-26-2009, 08:20 PM
With regards to Mouse, he may actually be considered a "fine" artist. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and I think Mouse often dances precariously along that line.

sabar
11-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Nice effort though.

That's an insult, not criticism. :rollin
Most people can differentiate between the two by age 9.

Here is some real criticism - resolution is too low. 15-20% of people run a high res widescreen setup (http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php). Good wallpaper as always.

TacoCabanaFajitas
11-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks libri, Brazil and TacoCabanaFajitas!

Np man, it just annoys me when fucking idiots are rude for no reason, especially when they post shit that looks like it was done in MS Paint

Chieflion
11-26-2009, 10:35 PM
That's an insult, not criticism. :rollin
Most people can differentiate between the two by age 9.

Here is some real criticism - resolution is too low. 15-20% of people run a high res widescreen setup (http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php). Good wallpaper as always.
Its true. Jalberto's work this time did not look as well as his other works because of my computer's resolution.

DJB
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Nice effort though.

What an asshole.

Bender
11-26-2009, 11:57 PM
a50 is from Europe... they're different. You know, farting and burping after dinner is polite, etc etc...

jalberto
11-27-2009, 05:00 AM
Its true. Jalberto's work this time did not look as well as his other works because of my computer's resolution.

Sorry, Chieflion, but these walls have the same resolution as all my walls (1280x800).

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Sorry, Chieflion, but these walls have the same resolution as all my walls (1280x800).
I had to change my system to Windows 7 for some reason which had different settings from my Windows Vista.

alamo50
11-27-2009, 06:00 AM
I had the same problem Chief.
Jalberto, you didn't get the joke (not talking about my initial post).
Nothing personal; I am the only one who can say that, 'cause I know how I meant it.

jalberto
11-27-2009, 06:41 AM
I had to change my system to Windows 7 for some reason which had different settings from my Windows Vista.

I had the same problem Chief.

I have windows 7 too. Your problem can easily be solved:
When the screen is larger than the wall ,Windows 7, by default, expands the wall to fill the screen and that is why you dont have a clear image of the wall.
When you load the wall see the options that appears under "image position", Choose the one (among many options) that goes well with your screen.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6677/positioned1.jpg

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 07:07 AM
I have windows 7 too. Your problem can easily be solved:
When the screen is larger than the wall ,Windows 7, by default, expands the wall to fill the screen and that is why you dont have a clear image of the wall.
When you load the wall see the options that appears under "image position", Choose the one (among many options) that goes well with your screen.
Thanks. Do you get paid doing other walls? Not just Spurs walls.

jalberto
11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks. Do you get paid doing other walls? Not just Spurs walls.
Just one time