PDA

View Full Version : Man sets marijuana record

JudynTX
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Irvin Rosenfeld, a 56-year old stockbroker from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., doesn't look like a record-setting pothead, but last week he woke up, turned on CNBC, and lit up his 115,000th joint.

If you think his dealer is thrilled to have a client who has smoked 10 to 12 joints a day for the past 28 years, you're wrong. Rosenfeld, who suffers from a rare form of bone cancer, isn't your typical weed smoker, and his dealer isn't your typical drug pusher. He gets his joints -- 300 at a time, one shipment every 25 days -- courtesy of the United States federal government.

"I don't know that I've broken a record, but I've certainly set one. No one else in the world can document having smoked 115,000 cannabis cigarettes – let alone the ones I smoked before that. I'm living proof that medical cannabis is real medicine. We need to get medicine in the hands of patients who really need it," said Rosenfeld.

Ironically, the government that supplies Rosenfeld with medical marijuana has for decades denied the drug's efficacy, penalized those states that legalized medicinal cannabis and -- until just months ago -- actively prosecuted suppliers in those states.

Rosenfeld said the drug acts as "a muscle relaxant, an anti-inflammatory, a painkiller and keeps tumors from growing."

What it does not do, he said, is get him high.

"I don't get high. I need the medicine; I'm not getting any euphoria," he said.

Rosenfeld said the marijuana allows him to maintain a normal life. He's been married for 36 years, goes to work every day, volunteers teaching disabled children to sail, and is working on a book.

His clients, he said, know about his marijuana use and are impressed by his doggedness.

"I always ask them, 'Have you ever met anyone who has taken on the federal government and won? If you want that kind of expertise and work ethic, then hire me.'"

When Rosenfeld began receiving marijuana from the federal government in 1982, he became the second patient to benefit under a narrowly defined "compassionate protocol" that supplied glaucoma and cancer patients with cannabis until the Federal Drug Administration's Investigational New Drug Program was disbanded a decade later.

Cont'd here: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/man-sets-marijuana-record-smokes-115000-joints-provided/story?id=9159281

phyzik
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
yeah, I've seen this guy on Discovery channel before.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ht_irvin_rosenfeld_091123_mn.jpg

Boris
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
He smokes two joints in the morning, he smokes two joints at night.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Where can I sign up?

Although I'd be happy with a joint a day.

It really helps with my attention deficit disorder.

phyzik
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Where can I sign up?

The program was discontinued but he is "grandfathered" into it but he had to fight legal battles to still get the treatment.

Today, Rosenfeld is one of only four patients who continue to receive weed from the federal government. He is the longest surviving member of the program.

Leetonidas
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
He smokes two joints in the morning, he smokes two joints at night.

He smokes two joints in the afternoon, it makes him feel alright.

JudynTX
11-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Where can I sign up?

Your avatar is on acid. :lol

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 05:05 PM
The program was discontinued but he is "grandfathered" into it but he had to fight legal battles to still get the treatment.

Today, Rosenfeld is one of only four patients who continue to receive weed from the federal government. He is the longest surviving member of the program.
I was part joking anyway.

We have legal "Medical Marijuana" laws here in Oregon. I could get it legally so easily if I wanted. As it is though, I have had no major stress these last couple years, and I like it best to get to sleep then my mind runs wild. I've only used it once this year so far.

When I did use it daily, a single bong hit was all I needed to help focus on things better, and keep my attention deficit to take me on tangents.

Big Worm
11-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Since a few pot heads are in this topic anyone want a PC Guitar hero guitar for a dime bag?

http://home.moravian.edu/students/org/wrmc/images/guitar-hero-ii_51.jpg

779-0693

The Reckoning
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
wasnt he on Bullshit?

boutons_deux
11-24-2009, 05:14 PM
One of my roommates from college told me just before he died of cancer that he realized that he figured out that he smoked dope so much his whole life because it allowed him to concentrate in college and jobs. He was a prodigious electronics engineer, only because of MJ. He figured he must have truly had ADD, decades before it was invented.

MJ as illegal is just another aspect of puritanical, Bible-thumping, hypocritical America's rampant stupidity.

Prosecuting marijuana possession does infinitely more damage than marijuana usage.

yawn, the facts are well known. The stupidity and damage continues unabated.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 05:16 PM
One of my roommates from college told me just before he died of cancer that he realized that he figured out that he smoked dope so much his whole life because it allowed him to concentrate in college and jobs. He was a prodigious electronics engineer, only because of MJ. He figured he must have truly had ADD, decades before it was invented.

MJ as illegal is just another aspect of puritanical, Bible-thumping, hypocritical America's rampant stupidity.

Prosecuting marijuana possession does infinitely more damage than marijuana usage.

One of the few things we agree on.

paperboy
11-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Since a few pot heads are in this topic anyone want a PC Guitar hero guitar for a dime bag?

http://home.moravian.edu/students/org/wrmc/images/guitar-hero-ii_51.jpg

779-0693

i'll give you two dollars.

koriwhat
11-24-2009, 05:22 PM
if you got it... smoke that shit up! don't be stiff on the reefer.

whottt
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM

Don't put this shit on the Christians, this is one you can put on Capitalists, the dirty and underhanded ones. The only reason alcohol isn't still illegal is because of all the violence that occurred when they tried to illegalize it.

99% of the people I have ever known that smoked pot were Christian, the founders of this country that smoked it and used it(and a lot of other things) were Christians...

It's about money it always has been.

We could totally cut the legs out from under the Mexican drug cartels by legalizing it...

So why aren't we doing it boutons?

In case you notice, those aren't the Conservative Christians running the country right now.

You are flat out stupid if you think Conservative Southern Christians don't smoke the living shit out of weed...observe:

Table 3. The Top Ten Outdoor Marijuana Producing States

Plants Production (lbs) Value ($1000s)
California 17,445,553 7,692,043 $12,353,421
Tennessee 6,742,057 2,972,688 $4,774,137
Kentucky 6,171,906 2,721,299 $4,370,406
Hawaii 5,340,368 2,354,660 $3,781,583
North Carolina 900,204 396,915 $637,446
Washington 834,835 368,093 $591,157
Alabama 797,955 351,832 $565,042
West Virginia 672,200 296,385 $475,994
Georgia 603,671 266,169 $427,467
Arkansas 599,632 264,388 $424,607

I don't know where you grew up but it damn sure wasn't Texas.

That's pretty much the entire neck belt in that growing chart.

It's not them...it is the government.

You see right now there are 3 of us with differing political views all saying it should be legal.

Both of my parents, never smoked a joint in their lives(or so they say) think it should be legalized, my brother, who is a cop, thinks it should be legalized.

Even Miss Palin smoked it when it was legal in Alaska.

We have had a string of going on about 3 consectuve Presidents that have smoked weed, probably a lot more extensively than they will ever admit, and it's still illegal.

It's the money made from keeping illegal, the rights it gives the government to seize property(because they know people are going to get high period), the money it makes for the alcohol industry, etc, that keep it illegal.

Wise up and don't make it a partisian political issue if you really want to see something done about it.

whottt
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Oh and btw, like hell this guy has the record.

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Table 3. The Top Ten Outdoor Marijuana Producing States

Plants Production (lbs) Value ($1000s)
California 17,445,553 7,692,043 $12,353,421
Tennessee 6,742,057 2,972,688 $4,774,137
Kentucky 6,171,906 2,721,299 $4,370,406
Hawaii 5,340,368 2,354,660 $3,781,583
North Carolina 900,204 396,915 $637,446
Washington 834,835 368,093 $591,157
Alabama 797,955 351,832 $565,042
West Virginia 672,200 296,385 $475,994
Georgia 603,671 266,169 $427,467
Arkansas 599,632 264,388 $424,607

That has to be wrong. Oregon should be somewhere between California and Washington, and I don't mean geographically!

Wild Cobra
11-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh and btw, like hell this guy has the record.
He has the public record, but I agree. There are some I'm sure that smokes more than he does.

tp2021
11-24-2009, 09:35 PM
He has the public record, but I agree. There are some I'm sure that smokes more than he does.

:smokin

Someone had to do it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
8HcXcYlF3_0

Shit helps keep me sane in an insane world. I live in a place where possession has been decriminalized for about 20 years, and has it gone to hell? Far from it.

baseline bum
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
This country would be so much better with legalized weed and acid.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-24-2009, 10:01 PM

I'm not sure about acid - a lot of people can't handle acid, it's too much of a mindfuck for them. I've seen people go really crazy on acid.

OTOH, 100-120mg of MDMA should be available on prescription for anyone who wants it once every 6 weeks or so (the literature suggests that waiting until your serotonin system has recovered before the next dose vastly reduces harm) - it is not physically addictive, and a totally amazing, positive high. Legalize it!

baseline bum
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure about acid - a lot of people can't handle acid, it's too much of a mindfuck for them. I've seen people go really crazy on acid.

OTOH, 100-120mg of MDMA should be available on prescription for anyone who wants it once every 6 weeks or so (the literature suggests that waiting until your serotonin system has recovered before the next dose vastly reduces harm) - it is not physically addictive, and a totally amazing, positive high. Legalize it!

I hated Ecstacy when I tried it. LSD by contrast is by far the most fun thing I have ever taken.

slayermin
11-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I hated Ecstacy when I tried it. LSD by contrast is by far the most fun thing I have ever taken.

Hydroponic mushrooms, the natural alternative.

Wild Cobra
11-25-2009, 12:21 AM
Hydroponic mushrooms, the natural alternative.
Who needs hydroponics?

They grow wild in the Cascade mountains!

marini martini
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM

If only you knew acid, like I knew acid!!!:downspin:

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Everyone has their hand in the war-on-drugs cookie barrel, that's why it won't be legalized...

whottt
11-25-2009, 02:25 AM

Peyote and Shrooms are just as good. Peyote might even cure some forms of cancer. Not to mention alcholism.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

[edit] Uses

Dried Lophophora williamsii slices ("Peyote Buttons")
Chemical structure of mescaline, the primary psychoactive compound in peyoteThe effective dose for mescaline is 200–500 mg, equivalent to about 5 g of dried peyote.[8] The effects last about 10 to 12 hours.[9] When combined with appropriate set and setting, peyote is reported to trigger states of deep introspection and insight that have been described as being of a metaphysical or spiritual nature. At times, these can be accompanied by rich visual or auditory effects (see synesthesia).

In addition to psychoactive use, Native Americans used the plant for its curative properties. They employed peyote to treat such varied ailments as toothache, pain in childbirth, fever, breast pain, skin diseases, rheumatism, diabetes, colds, and blindness. The U.S. Dispensatory lists peyote under the name Anhalonium, and states it can be used in various preparations for neurasthenia, hysteria and asthma. Screening for antimicrobial activity of peyote extracts in various solvents showed positive microbial inhibition. The principal antibiotic agent, a water-soluble crystalline substance separated from an ethanol extract of the plant, was given the name peyocactin.[10]

In the same study, mice were used for preliminary animal toxicity tests and protection studies to determine the degree of the inhibitory action of peyocactin against normally fatal infections with the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus. In every case, the mice that had been given a peyocactin extract survived, while those in the control group died within 60 hours after infection. Peyocactin proved effective against 18 strains of penicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, several other bacteria, and a fungus.[10]

[edit] Long-term use
A 2005 paper published in Biological Psychiatry outlines research into peyote use conducted by Dr. John Halpern. He found that peyote users scored significantly better than non-users on the "general positive affect" and "psychological well-being" measures of the Rand Mental Health Inventory (RMHI), a standard instrument used to diagnose psychological problems and determine overall mental health. By contrast, alcohol abusers did significantly worse than the comparison group (non-users) in all measures of the RMHI. [11]

Wild Cobra
11-25-2009, 03:50 AM
I haven't had peyote since maybe 1980. Great stuff though, and another one of God's natural gifts to us.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-25-2009, 05:48 AM

I'm not referring to "ecstacy", which is the street name for the drug but often doesn't contain MDMA at all. I've never met anyone who's had real MDMA and not enjoyed the hell out of it.

If only you knew acid, like I knew acid!!!:downspin:

Oh, I know... problem is, you've gotta have a strong head not to get fucked up by that shit. I've seen people who weren't ready for it wig out. Not a light trip. ;)

Strike
11-25-2009, 06:13 AM
That's a lotta dimp...

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/super_troopers.jpg

Evil Angel
11-25-2009, 08:04 AM
That has to be wrong. Oregon should be somewhere between California and Washington, and I don't mean geographically!

And some of the best came from there too!:toast

baseline bum
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not referring to "ecstacy", which is the street name for the drug but often doesn't contain MDMA at all. I've never met anyone who's had real MDMA and not enjoyed the hell out of it.

Now you have. I hate stimulants.

Peyote and Shrooms are just as good. Peyote might even cure some forms of cancer. Not to mention alcholism.

I've never had either, but have always wanted to try peyote.

Jose_Romero
11-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Too much time on his hands. And I bet he has lots of cheetos in his house.

Höfner
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I've been keeping count too, having just smoked #74,712

Whisky Dog
11-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd just like the freedom to grow a couple of northern lights #5 plants and a couple of afghani kush plants in my own home to cultivate and use. It's satisfying to see the fruits of your labor and enjoy.

koriwhat
11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
lsd and me were best friends in '98. some of the most memorable times of my life.

whottt
11-25-2009, 06:53 PM

I've never had either, but have always wanted to try peyote.

Members of the Native American Church can consume it legally. It's a good plant. Shrooms IMHO, are potentially much stronger than LSD or Peyote.

Just about every major civilization in history used Shrooms.

There is a cave painting that is 12000 or so years old in Sub-Saharan Africa that shows a hallucinogenic shroom...and the 10k BC date is important, as that is pretty much the exact same point in our history when agriculture first appeared(albeit not in the exact same location). I personally don't think it's a coincidence...

IMO, just about every plant alkaloid raises your conciousness in one way or another...not always in a good way(like nightshade or datura), but they definitely raise it.

That said...

Zero deaths in all of human history due to THC overdose.
Zero deaths due to LSD overdose.
Zero deaths due Psilocybin overdose.
1 death in all human history due to Mescaline OD(and it was due to the vomiting, not a toxic amount of mescaline ingestion).

None of them are physically or psychologically addictive either.

None of them(aside from LSD) have been shown to have any long term side effects either).

Anyone so inlclined can stack those figures up against alcohol and see what a true joke our drug policy is.

whottt
11-25-2009, 07:14 PM
10000 year old evidence of marijuan usage in China:

2700 year old marijuana stash found also in China(grown specifically for consumption and no other reason):

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/544684

Peyote usage 10000 years ago:

http://www.shroomery.org/6228/The-oldest-Representations-of-Hallucinogenic-Mushrooms-in-the-World

Evidence the Greeks drank ergot wine:

http://csp.org/chrestomathy/road_to3.html

Don't even get me started on the Olmecs and Mayans...these guys took biochemistry to a level beyond genius IMHO. For example, feeding drugs the human system couldn't truly metabolize to ducks and then consuming the ducks liver once it had been converted into a more absorbable form.

Marijuana usage by Christians:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Jesus_use_drugs

Not the best article concerning Jesus though, as there is substantial evidence that marijuana usage was common in reiguous use among jews at the time of the birth of Christ...

In fact, it was burned as incense duruing the annointment of Jewish babies at that time.

You see there is no advanced culture at the dawn of mankind that did not both have both spiritual beliefs and ritual usage of plant alkaloids. It's part of who we are...IMO, it's part of evolution from day 1, up until the last 100 years.

And that includes the United States of America, which probably used more different plants than any other culture previously on this planet outside of maybe the Mayans.

In 1930 we were divorced from these plants unceremoniously...and we are given two of the most dangerous recreational drugs(alcohol and tobacco) in their stead.

That's not including the absolute shit we get from doctors as th eir subsitute either.

IMO, there is no way you can understand the spiritual concepts that began thousands of years ago without also using the plants they were using. For they do indeed elevate your conciousness and awareness higher.

So as true spirituality dies the world over and we are given Paxil and whatever the latest shit is they give us(for a fee) ,...that's something to keep in mind.

mookie2001
11-25-2009, 07:25 PM
i once passed whottt a joint and he slapped it out if my hand and started crying about the police and hugging trees and brain damage

...wait that was timvp

whottt
11-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I once passed mookie a bag of weed and got back a different bag of weed.

koriwhat
11-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Shrooms IMHO, are potentially much stronger than LSD or Peyote.

i don't know if i would agree... lsd has taken me farther from this reality and myself then any other drug i have done.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-26-2009, 12:02 AM

See, that's why I don't think what you had had MDMA in it. Although its name suggests it's a stimulant, and to some extent it is, MDMA is nothing like meth or other amphetamines - the extra methyl groups must change its biochemical properties significantly. There is a rush, but it's not an energy drug, it's far more of a euphoric.

The Reckoning
11-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Marijuana usage by Christians:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Jesus_use_drugs

Not the best article concerning Jesus though, as there is substantial evidence that marijuana usage was common in reiguous use among jews at the time of the birth of Christ...

In fact, it was burned as incense duruing the annointment of Jewish babies at that time.

where do you think the burning bush came from?