PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Now and Laters

Interrohater
11-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Now is it because as Spurs fans, we are just not used to losing so often? Or Maybe because as humans, we all want to be miserable together.

Maybe it's because in the offseason, we were all extremely excited about this team. The potential, the depth, the firepower.

Whatever the reason, it's very interesting to see how angry and passionate this forum gets when the Spurs are losing. On the flip side, it's just as interesting to see how quiet it gets when they start winning. Granted, there are quite a few trolls that just enjoy riling us up and talking s**t, but most of the negativity comes from within our own fanbase.

It's fun to be a part of it, either way. Although, I'll be honest, it's hard to log on after we lose because reading a lot of the comments just adds fuel to the angry fire.

Spurs are playing well right now, and I hope they continue to improve while flying under the radar. How many times must the Spurs be counted out just to come back an prove the doubters wrong? It's funny, the pundits like pointing out how the Spurs always get overlooked, while at the same time, overlooking the Spurs.

With what we've seen lately, I'm starting to get the feeling that this has potential to be the best defensive group that we've had in years. When Ratliff comes in and gets monster blocks, Hill harassing the pg/sg, Bogans doing his thing, Timmy closing off the baseline, RJ beginning to understand and the rest of the team buying into the philosophy (even Matt!), they look damn good.

To caveat that, though, the same warning must be applied as when we're losing: It's still early and it's going to be a bumpy season. Although, it's starting to look like we may actually have a starting five, which is the first step to having a decent rotation plan. :flag:

***just rambling, it's boring in here.

duhoh
11-25-2009, 02:53 AM
the nice and elegant way of saying that there's a lot of moronic posts here

Riverwalkman
11-25-2009, 03:53 AM
the nice and elegant way of saying that there's a lot of moronic posts here

Nope, it's more like a writing test composition, which usually requires at least 200 words or so.

Riverwalkman
11-25-2009, 03:56 AM
Anyway it's a better thread than most threads some days ago.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-25-2009, 05:05 AM
Who is miserable? If you take the long-term view of things you don't start worrying until you should, and that point is a way off.

As for the combustive forum, c'est la vie. Annoying, but if you love the place you just avoid it for 6 hours after a loss! :lol

silverblackfan
11-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Yeah, everyone gets a bit nutty after a loss and look to find the reason, but this site still helps feed my Spurs addiction between games. Comes with the territory. I just try to post on the threads that make sense instead of feeding the trolls.

benefactor
11-25-2009, 06:26 AM
I thought this thread was about candy.

timmo
11-25-2009, 07:56 AM
I thought this thread was about candy.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/images/candypix-pages/now-later_200.jpg

Ummm.... taffy

benefactor
11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I wonder what "Apocalypse" flavor would be?

ginobilized
11-25-2009, 09:34 AM
I hear it tastes like chicken.

Interrohater
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking it tastes like sulfur and brimstone.

In other news, George Hill is a basketball-playin pimp.