PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Accomplishments

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 04:15 AM
Chris Matthews helps to make anyone who has fallen for the 'Obama hasn't done anything' M$M spin look foolish...

k5kT8w_GmKU

I love the graphic at the beginning assigning credit to Obama for "stopping a second great depression". I thought her head was going to explode.

That needs to be on billboards all over the country.

jack sommerset
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
That girl nailed those two guys and Matthews acted like they owned her. hahaha. The dude (Obama) has done nothing but make us look stupid for electing him.

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 10:15 AM
I love the graphic at the beginning assigning credit to Obama for "stopping a second great depression". I thought her head was going to explode.matterIf both parties get the blame for TARP, both should get the credit for this too.

Also, as a matter of historical accuracy, Obama's predecessor signed it.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 10:20 AM
That girl nailed those two guys and Matthews acted like they owned her. hahaha. The dude (Obama) has done nothing but make us look stupid for electing him.

What was McCain going to do, though? Or if we really want to get Twilight Zone, what would Ron Paul have done? Destroyed the modern banking system and put us back on a gold standard? It sounds simple enough, but the execution would ruin everything we've come to know the USA as.

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 10:33 AM
What was McCain going to do, though?Much the same, I'd guess.

Or if we really want to get Twilight Zone, what would Ron Paul have done? Destroyed the modern banking system and put us back on a gold standard?No doubt, that's what he'd have liked to do. Getting the US Congress to carry water for him would've been a whole 'nother thing. You'd need a Twilight Zone Congress for that, too.

RP most likely would've experienced his own Twilight Zone moment. He'd have been called to a meeting with the true power of this country, where it would be explained to him patiently what he was going to do, and what the consequences of refusal would be.

In other words, if RP actually tried to 86 fractional reserve banking and resume the gold standard, there would be a freakish accident, a heart attack or an assassination attempt.

jack sommerset
11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
What was McCain going to do, though? Or if we really want to get Twilight Zone, what would Ron Paul have done? Destroyed the modern banking system and put us back on a gold standard? It sounds simple enough, but the execution would ruin everything we've come to know the USA as.

:lol Typical doucebags answer. Or should I say QUESTIONS.:lol

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have to get out of here before I puke.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 10:39 AM
:lol Typical doucebags answer. Or should I say QUESTIONS.:lol

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have to get out of here before I puke.

Before you go puking: what's your less douche-y solution, Jack? Is your point that it should be simple and easy? And if so, how do you figure you'd get that done? Questions, questions, questions... I know :lol

elbamba
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't understand how anyone can believe that we are out of the financial crisis. The housing market might bounce back in a city or two but that is certainly not the case in most of America. Consumer confidence is not up. The unemployment rate speaks for itself. Obama inherited a gigantic mess and has seemed to to nothing but cultivate it.

As for the notion of whether people around the world like us more, I don't care about polls I care about action. When the UN increases its support instead of withdrawing it, then I will say that the US is well liked throughout the world.

George Gervin's Afro
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
jack is a hypocrite so don't expect him to acknowledge anything.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Neither here nor there, but can I just say I hate Chris Matthews and his myopic braying?

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't understand how anyone can believe that we are out of the financial crisis. Oh, I agree. We're not.

The housing market might bounce back in a city or two but that is certainly not the case in most of America. Consumer confidence is not up. The unemployment rate speaks for itself. Obama inherited a gigantic mess and has seemed to to nothing but cultivate it.Truer to say IMO that the recession and the consequent unemployment threatens to swallow up Obama's countercyclical efforts, along with his political fortunes.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Oh, I agree. We're not.

Me three, but I think it was probably TV razzamatazz that anybody even suggested we may have been.

Truer to say IMO that the recession and the consequent unemployment threatens to swallow up Obama's countercyclical efforts, along with his political fortunes.

It threatens to do all manner of things to his legacy, I agree -- but he's still the strongest horse in the race as far as I can tell. By which I mean nobody has emerged as a credible opponent.

Wild Cobra
11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
No Shit. She was awesome.

Matthews: "Let me change the subject because we aren't getting anywhere."

Too much of a hardball back to you Chris?

Bender
11-25-2009, 04:05 PM
according to Guinness Book of World Records: World's Smallest Book

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 04:06 PM
All the wing-nut chick could do is go back to tired GOP talk-points.....Also, while I agree that we are not out of the woods financially, we are no longer at the abyss that we once were, the markets are solid, real estate in bouncing, productivity and part-time hires are back, all signs of a economy ready to grow, as all the indicators point, for that Obama deserves credit...

spursncowboys
11-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I guess Kate doesn't give Matthews a tingle up his leg. Atleast he admits that PMSnbc doesn't put republicans on their shows. I respect that acknowledgement.

spursncowboys
11-25-2009, 04:18 PM
All the wing-nut chick could do is go back to tired GOP talk-points.....Also, while I agree that we are not out of the woods financially, we are no longer at the abyss that we once were, the markets are solid, real estate in bouncing, productivity and part-time hires are back, all signs of a economy ready to grow, as all the indicators point, for that Obama deserves credit...
What exactly did he do that deserves credit. What specific policy or bill?

When is the economy going to start growing. The europeans have already seen growth and are technically out of the recession. When is America getting out?

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 04:24 PM

When is the economy going to start growing. The europeans have already seen growth and are technically out of the recession. When is America getting out?

What does "technically out of the recession mean?" Warren Buffet said we're technically out of the recession, but none of us little people are feeling it yet. And Europe is in no way faring any better than we are last I checked (this morning).

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 04:25 PM

The Europeans aren't booged down in debt from unnecessary wars the way the U.S. is, and except for England, there was no run-up in real estate prices and subsequent collapse that left buyers in ruins...

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 04:25 PM
The europeans have already seen growth and are technically out of the recession. When is America getting out?We have seen growth and are technically out of the recession. We could backslide, sure, but technically GDP growth has resumed.

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 04:28 PM

i've posted at least 10 pieces or legislation that have passed and many more pieces of legislation, including the first consumer protection legislation which could prevent another collapse, that are on the table...

Stump
11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I can't stand to watch certain shows on Fox News (like Hannity) and it's no wonder that so many people can't stand them, but I really don't get why MSNBC doesn't have a similar reputation. They're just as bad, and Chris Matthews displays it well in this video.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
I can't stand to watch certain shows on Fox News (like Hannity) and it's no wonder that so many people can't stand them, but I really don't get why MSNBC doesn't have a similar reputation. They're just as bad, and Chris Matthews displays it well in this video.

I'm pretty sure MSNBC does have a bad reputation.

Nbadan
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM

Everyone on FAUX is to the right of Pat Buchanan but Tweety, or Chris Matthews is very pro-business, which makes him a centrist to most leftists...

Stump
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure MSNBC does have a bad reputation.
Yeah, it does, but nearly to the degree that Fox does.

admiralsnackbar
11-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, it does, but nearly to the degree that Fox does.

FOX just has a 10-year head start, I think -- plus they created the format. But there's no question MSNBC stole it and adapted it to lefty content.

Stump
11-25-2009, 04:56 PM
FOX just has a 10-year head start, I think -- plus they created the format. But there's no question MSNBC stole it and adapted it to lefty content.
Fair enough.

MiamiHeat
11-25-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm a registered Democrat and after watching this video :

1) The woman won this debate, handily.

2) Chris Matthews is an asshole. He avoided answering her questions, he made a stab at her at the end of the show about "what republicans look like" as if she was crazy? He is an idiot, and I'm going to have a hard time watching this guy the next time I see him on tv.

3) Then Matthews implies "you made the point I was trying to make" as if to say, this whole segment of 'debate' was just really my way of parading a republican in front of my audience so we can all point and laugh at the crazy person.

It didn't have anything to do with the actual topics, sorry audience!

What a fucking idiot.

Chris Matthews, you're fired!

EmptyMan
11-25-2009, 05:57 PM
34. Wife is a fashion icon

EmptyMan
11-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Starting around the 4 minute mark really shows how gullible these cuckolds are. It is funny to think how long they would survive if they were in complete control of themselves lolololol

Opinion Polls on Obama's likability and him winning the Nobel SHOW how much we are LOVED by all inhabits of this global community cooooombaaayaaaaa

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
freemasonlockbeard? Is that you?

EmptyMan
11-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes sir.

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, brah.

EmptyMan
11-25-2009, 07:47 PM
You too sweetheart. :toast

spursncowboys
11-25-2009, 07:53 PM
How do you do that winehole?

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
How do you do that winehole?Powers of reading. Some posters have distinctive tells that give them away.

spursncowboys
11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Powers of reading. Some posters have distinctive tells that give them away.

So no special computer program?

Winehole23
11-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Not at all. I'm not a mod, and I don't hack the forum.