PDA

View Full Version : Ambien / Zolpidem

Soul_Patch
11-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Anyone else take this?

Over the past few years i have a hard time sleeping soundly all night. Was prescribed this a couple of months ago, and it works wonders.

I have been pretty much taking it every night for the past 45 days, occasionally i dont, but i definately notice it in my quality of sleep. I decided a few nights to try sleep without it, and i think i psych myself out that i will need it, so i end up taking it anyway. I have never been addicted to anything, and ive done some pretty stupid stuff... I worry ill get addicted to them, but then again, is that such a bad thing? i sleep like a baby, and i wake up fully rested...they are relatively cheap (5 bucks with insurance)...

Only side affects ive seen so far is when it kicks in, im freakin loopy...Last night it kicked in right as the wife said, "why dont you grab that warming massage oil and rub my back"...i was a bumbling fool...tried to get up and walked sideways to the bathroom...was fully coherent and didnt feel fucked up, but my motor skills were lacking...luckily i could still get the job done ;)

BacktoBasics
11-25-2009, 02:09 PM
better hope your place doesn't catch on fire.

Soul_Patch
11-25-2009, 02:22 PM
better hope your place doesn't catch on fire.

I hear ya. That is the biggest worry for me i guess...something coming up in the middle of the night.

Debating on refilling the perscription again.

koriwhat
11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
i'm an insomniac and have been since i could remember... anyhow, i used to take ambien but it just kept me up longer. i once took about 3 pills and stayed up for almost 48 hrs. since that time i haven't taken it again.

Soul_Patch
11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
WTF how is that possible. i couldnt imagine taking more than 1 of the 10mg things a night.

Fillmoe
11-25-2009, 04:47 PM
alotta people complain about night terrors with zolpidem use.... it impairs motor coordination... if you notice any change in ur behavioral thinking i wouldnt take it lightly.... people take it nightly and i personally think thats an incorrect use of the medication... it encourages dependency... so only take it when you cant fall asleep on your own....

fuck i shoulda been a doctor... thatll be 100 bucks leave it with the big chested receptionist up front please

koriwhat
11-25-2009, 05:31 PM
yeah i think ambien is to be taken at a max for a week... you are on day 45? damn!

Soul_Patch
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
I have noticed wierd, random dizzy spells lately. Nothing severe, but like a lightheaded feeling that will usually fade pretty quickly.

Probably a good idea to stop taking em today...

David Bowie
11-25-2009, 10:11 PM
So, I used to be addicted to Ambien for about 6 months. I didn't take it for sleep, but for anxiety reasons. I also found it to be a good muscle relaxer, made me a bit euphoric and social. I would take up to 50 milligrams a day, along with other benzos and sleeping pills, ugh. When I first started taking it, I would get bad headaches, but that eventually went away. Anyhow, I was able to quit cold turkey one day, and never felt any withdrawls or side effects. However I got onto a drug call Seroquell right after quitting it. (Maybe that's why I never felt any side effects.) Seroquell in small dozes is good for anxiety and is often prescribed for sleep problems. If you are worried about quitting ambien, I would switch onto a small doze of Seroquell, and then get of pills all together after a while.

Good luck.

Fillmoe
11-27-2009, 02:48 AM
whatever you say psycho....

Soul_Patch
11-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Stopped taking it a couple of nights ago, and been sleeping fine. Looks like im cured! :lol

balli
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Good. Benzos shouldn't even exist.

Sapphire
11-27-2009, 10:37 AM
I read a news article once about a woman on Ambien and she was gaining weight like crazy. Turns out she was eating her way throught the kitchen at night while asleep. That is reason enough to make me stay far away from it. That, and the fact that when my head hits the pillow, I'm out cold anyway. I've been really blessed with sleeping skills. :lol

florige
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Stopped taking it a couple of nights ago, and been sleeping fine. Looks like im cured! :lol

Good news man! Not being able to sleep can suck.

Soul_Patch
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I really envy those who can fall asleep so fast and soundly.

My wife is like that. We can be watching a movie in bed, or TV...she says ok, im gonna go to sleep, and before she makes the P sound in sleep, she is out cold.

Me on the other hand, it takes about 30 min for me to drift off, and i sleep really light all night.