PDA

View Full Version : Schoening: When Old Friends Come Calling

duncan228
11-25-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/mason_thomas_091125_660.jpg

When Old Friends Come Calling (http://www.nba.com/spurs/timeout/20secondto.html)
by Bill Schoening

Spurs guard Roger Mason Jr. may have expressed it best when he said, "This NBA is a fraternity, and you form relationships with other guys, especially guys you played with, so yeah it was great to see some old friends and get caught up." Mason had just got done visiting with Kurt Thomas, who took the time prior to his Monday night warmup to chat with a handful of guys he had battled alongside just last season.

Two nights earlier, Mason saw even more old buddies as the Wizards were in town. That same evening Washington center Fabricio Oberto was all smiles as he was greeted by ex-teammates, coaches, media members, ushers and fans. Oberto still has warm feelings for the Alamo City, saying, "I had four great years here and have many good friends in that locker room. I have so many great memories here."

Night in and night out, the scene is repeated throughout the NBA as former college and pro teammates hook up for a few minutes and find out what's been going on with family, friends, travel, etc. On occasion, the conversation may actually shift to basketball, but that's generally not at the forefront.

Before the Bucks-Spurs game Monday, Thomas was somewhat reflective, "There are some really good guys over there. I'll always cherish the time I got to spend playing with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. It was a special time for me."

Brazil
11-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Before the Bucks-Spurs game Monday, Thomas was somewhat reflective, "There are some really good guys over there. I'll always cherish the time I got to spend playing with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. It was a special time for me."

classy player

tp2021
11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I wish they could have got Kurt a ring. He was destined to be a Spur one day.

Spursmania
11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
In my next lifetime I'd like to play BB next to Timmy and Manu! Lol...

Capt Bringdown
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Those dudes have a hell of a lifestyle, more power to 'em.

Danny.Zhu
11-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Sweet.

duhoh
11-26-2009, 01:22 AM
i miss crazy eyes