PDA

View Full Version : You guys are unproductive plagues of society

nuclearfm
11-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Get a real job. Do something for your country. Seriously, the same people are complaining about everything yet spending half of their time here rather than in the real world.

:deadhorse

balli
11-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Lucky for us, the only thing lowlier than spending a lot of one's time on the internet, is ostensibly, using the internet to tell other internet users how lame they are for using the internet. In conclusion, I hope your whole family dies.

Everyone else: Happy Thanksgiving.

doobs
11-26-2009, 01:16 AM
I thought you were leaving.

Winehole23
11-26-2009, 01:33 AM
The OP puts me in mind of an incident I witnessed in the microfilm/microfiche room at the Perry-Castan(y)eda Library at UT.

A young man approached the counter and rang the bell for assistance. I was at a nearby microfiche machine, vainly pursuing the liberal arts. The heavily bearded librarian working inside the cage took -- by heart, right? -- like two or three minutes to appear, despite the mounting urgence of the bell.

Well you took yer sweet time, the man said. In the real world, you would be out of a job.

The librarian paused briefly.

This is the real world, he said blandly.

doobs
11-26-2009, 01:58 AM
The OP puts me in mind of an incident I witnessed in the microfilm/microfiche room at the Perry-Castan(y)eda Library at UT.

A young man approached the counter and rang the bell for assistance. I was at a nearby microfiche machine, vainly pursuing the liberal arts. The heavily bearded librarian working inside the cage took -- by heart, right? -- like two or three minutes to appear, despite the mounting urgence of the bell.

Well you took yer sweet time, the man said. In the real world, you would be out of a job.

The librarian paused briefly.

This is the real world, he said blandly.

That's a disgusting library.

Nbadan
11-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Thanks to internet connections on personal cell phones and the availability of new Mobil PCs, it's possible to be unproductive anywhere....

Winehole23
11-26-2009, 02:16 AM
That's a disgusting library.I spent thousands of hours there. It's not such a rat's warren as the library in the Tower IMO. The PCL is more like a tomb.

The law library and the art library are nice though. I sometimes think about going back there, for no particular reason. I always liked the Life Science library in the Main Building, but seldom went there. The HRC is *amazing*. I repaired not infrequently to the library in Batts Hall early on, before I discovered the various bars and cafes.

I was always grateful for the great facilities at UT.

Winehole23
11-26-2009, 02:23 AM
The UGL is UGLy. Hated it, except for the audio/visual upstairs.

doobs
11-26-2009, 10:12 AM
For some reason I liked the Benson. The hours sucked, but it was a great place to get some privacy when cramming for exams.

EmptyMan
11-26-2009, 01:04 PM
unproductive plagues of society

Yep, it's great.

MannyIsGod
11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Get a real job. Do something for your country. Seriously, the same people are complaining about everything yet spending half of their time here rather than in the real world.

:deadhorse

I expected better from you. Its good to know you hold yourself in high regard.

TheProfessor
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
In conclusion, I hope your whole family dies.

Everyone else: Happy Thanksgiving.
A holiday message I can approve of.

Winehole23
11-28-2009, 02:47 AM
A holiday message I can approve of.I laughed.

The Reckoning
11-28-2009, 03:47 AM
the architecture library in battle hall is a pretty classy place to study

DarkReign
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought you were leaving.

+1

By leaving, he/she really meant "not commenting on current topics". That still leaves ample room for member criticism and self-loathing, apparently.