PDA

View Full Version : Wade wants to play with Dwight Howard

mountainballer
11-26-2009, 07:32 AM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63009/20091125/wade_would_rather_play_with_dwight_over_lebron/
"If I could pick one player in the league today to play with – and most people think I’d say LeBron James – I would pick Dwight (Howard)," Wade said Wednesday after practice at Amway Arena. "I’d love for that to happen at some point. Dwight is already close right here in Orlando. People who say it couldn’t happen (us playing on the same team), they don’t know. I’ve learned in this league that anything is possible.

yeah, on first sight this seems impossible, but I thought that there might still be a good chance, if the agents play their cards right.
Wade will have some good options next summer. he could put a lot of pressure on the Heat to make a S&T with Orlando happen.
depending on LeBron's decision, he could choose between several teams and leave the Heat, who then get nothing in return. Orlando for sure would do such a move, especially if DH pushes for it. they can't offer a very attractive package, but maybe if a 3rd team is involved, things look different.
Magic can either try to offer VC + teaser (pick, Anderson), or put a package of Nelson, Pietrus, Bass and Anderson on the table.
however, it's maybe a 5% chance that something like this happens. but one thing for sure: a Wade-Howard combo would be interesting to watch.

Chieflion
11-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Wade is just complimenting Howard. No way Pat Riley makes a trade with the Magic. That one is obvious.

Muser
11-26-2009, 08:13 AM
The Heat trading Wade to the Magic would be like Dallas trading Dirk to the Spurs, it just won't happen.

Steve Jobs
11-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Gobble Gobble!!!