PDA

View Full Version : The Blind Side

Fabbs
11-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Sandra Bullock as wealthy whitey who takes in black teenager who has had very disadvantaged life thus far.

He joins the h.s. football team, knocks over everyone in sight for his new mom.

Too sappy? Too predictable?

Please give review if you see it.

dirk4mvp
11-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Michael Oher, what a beast.

florige
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
He plays for us I might add!

CubanSucks
11-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Sandra Bullock as wealthy whitey who takes in black teenager who has had very disadvantaged life thus far.

He joins the h.s. football team, knocks over everyone in sight for his new mom.

Too sappy? Too predictable?

Please give review if you see it.

Of course it's predictable. It happened a few years ago! Which is the same reason I'm not gonna watch this pathetic attempt to cash in on a feel good story THAT'S STILL GOING ON!

mookie2001
11-27-2009, 12:26 AM
you suck mookie

JamStone
11-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Did he shrink? Cuz now he's only 6'4".

bdictjames
11-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Correct. He's actually listed as 6'3 in some sites.

I thought it was a pretty good story. Granted I don't watch football at all, you can't help but feel good for what's going on. Sandra Bullock was amazing.

mookie2001
11-27-2009, 01:01 AM
rofl i guess so

my bad

hes still like 3 inches taller than sandra bullock

bdictjames
11-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Looking at the movie I thought the guy was freaking 6'7.

I doubt its consistencies, but if you want a feel-good, warm movie for the holidays, its one to see.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
I saw it, for a story that was so recent, the movie was extremely well put together. I'm not sure how much of it they made up in order to create a successful movie, but it's still worth seeing. The acting is really good, idk how the found the guy to play Oher but he did a great job. Go see it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Michael Oher, what a beast.

Would have been the #1 overall pick if he left after his junior season. It sucks how staying for his senior year and completing his degree cost him tens of millions of dollars (not like it matters after this movie and after anything his adopted parents leave him).

I. Hustle
11-27-2009, 12:13 PM
They left him?

Das Texan
11-27-2009, 12:15 PM
When is the movie coming out about the black family that takes in whitey?

I. Hustle
11-27-2009, 12:20 PM
When is the movie coming out about the black family that takes in whitey?

It came out first.

http://www.impawards.com/1979/posters/jerk_xlg.jpg

Slydragon
11-27-2009, 12:49 PM

Is this when the trend started of richers adopting kids of another race? Then the movies/music stars started doing it too but a step furter by picking them for other countries.

I guess sticking a small dog in the purse got old and boring.

Fabbs
12-11-2009, 10:19 AM
meh, average maybe a little above average.

Still not concluded if they took Oher in for football and business purposes or out of good heartedness. The wife is portrayed as definitely being far forward enough thinking to have been hearing ca ching ca ching and will it be revealed how much bank they are making off this movie?

OTOH they definitely stuck their neck out in taking him into an all white red necky rich neighborhood. Like i said, you cant tell even after the movie is over. That they manipulated him to go to Ole Miss, please, even monoslob should have been able to see that. Well maybe not monoslob but it was painfully obvious. Oker finally picks up on that and is understandably upset. How it gets *resolved*, if it gets *resolved* is questionable at best.

Sandra Bullocks combo of diet, exercise and visits to 90210 have her looking amazing at 45, but the non stop shots beefing off her goodies in her attire did not fit the theme they were trying to create.

Fabbs
12-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Is this when the trend started of richers adopting kids of another race? Then the movies/music stars started doing it too but a step furter by picking them for other countries.

I guess sticking a small dog in the purse got old and boring.
:lol good one!

ManuTP9
12-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Just got back from seeing this.I enjoyed this considering the fact that i barley like watching football movies.Big Mike is a monster..XD