PDA

View Full Version : list of things you try to avoid during Thanksgiving

mouse
11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Right off the bat..my family. If i can somehow come up with a good excuse like I had to Mow Bigzax's lawn today then I did good. If you want an idea how my family is at the dinner table go rent Reservoir dogs and watch the opening Denny's diner scene. then put in the dvd player Vacation and fast forward to the part where that loser brother in law ask Chevy Chase for a loan.

or just see the breakfast club and you get the idea, I also avoid my sister's mac and cheese, don't make me tell you why...

what are some things you try to avoid during Thanksgiving?

:toast

iggypop123
11-26-2009, 04:11 PM
gas

Ginobilly
11-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Certain family members. Avoid getting in conversations that linger on and on, that just keep on hammering on the same subject, that are going nowhere, but your too nice to do anything that's considered inappropriate in front your elder family members.

Strike
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Family for me too. Of the 20 or so people in my immediate and extended family, I try to stay away from about 80% of them at all costs.

SequSpur
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
beaners.

mouse
11-26-2009, 05:10 PM
beaners.

So you stay inside when your lawn is being mowed?

Bender
11-26-2009, 08:28 PM
then put in the dvd player Vacation and fast forward to the part where that loser brother in law ask Chevy Chase for a loan.
lol anyone asking mouse for a loan...

or would mouse be the in-law doing the asking...?

for me, no probs with the family. Tried to avoid the wife though, but got stuck with her for about 10 minutes.

phyzik
11-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Those red gelatin like discs, I cant even think of the name they are so disgusting, I cant stand them.

That, and my Aunt and Unlce's family. Talk about rednecks :lol

Dont get me wrong, they are good people, but there is just something wierd to me when My aunt, Uncle and 2 of their 3 "kids" all live on a "compound". OK, its not REALLY a compound :lol

They own about 40 acres and all have houses on that land, all within about 20 yards of eachother.

That, and EVERY fucking time I go, they all bum rush me with computer issues.

mookie2001
11-26-2009, 11:51 PM
neocons