PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Assassin (2009)

MiamiHeat
11-26-2009, 09:12 PM
anybody going to see it?

it's in theatres right now

oh crap
11-26-2009, 09:15 PM
It's gotten some mixed reviews but I will be catching it at sometime over the weekend. Probably tomorrow.

Trainwreck2100
11-26-2009, 10:18 PM
it was made by those guys who made the matrix so it will probably suck, but its about ninja's so i will go.

Cyrano
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0805/nice-booty-pirate-ninja-scarlet-johansen-demotivational-poster-1210615993.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
11-26-2009, 10:36 PM
looks badass

phyzik
11-26-2009, 10:38 PM
I can never resist a good Ninja action movie....

A Ninja will kill a pirate, no doubt. They need to do another episode of Deadliest Warrior to settle this epic debate and shut the Butt Pirates up once and for all!

lefty
11-27-2009, 12:07 AM
I can never resist a good Ninja action movie....

A Ninja will kill a pirate, no doubt. They need to do another episode of Deadliest Warrior to settle this epic debate and shut the Butt Pirates up once and for all!
But pirates have gun

So they can shoot the flying motherfuckers in mid air

But again, we are talking about Ninjas invented by the Matrix guys, so they will probably swallow the bullets, and them shoot them back at the pirates out of their anuses

Trainwreck2100
11-27-2009, 02:50 AM
i still think the matrix guys stole the idea for the first matrix cause the other two were just bad

phyzik
11-27-2009, 04:08 AM
But pirates have gun

So they can shoot the flying motherfuckers in mid air

But again, we are talking about Ninjas invented by the Matrix guys, so they will probably swallow the bullets, and them shoot them back at the pirates out of their anuses

Ninja's dont just jump out and wail on their targets. If a Ninja wanted a Pirate dead, they would be dead.... and no one would know how it happened. Period.

Ninja's dont fight straight up. They look for the opportune moment and set their target up. No gun is going to help you in that situation.

Ask a Sniper who they would describe themselves more as... a pirate or a ninja.... You go ahead and tell a sniper that a grunt soldier with A pistol is superior.... I dare you... Done thread....

holcs50
11-27-2009, 10:47 AM
it was made by those guys who made the matrix so it will probably suck, but its about ninja's so i will go.

I saw it. It's a tough one to review because I don't want to give anyone going to see it the notion that there's a good plot or acting...because in both of those cases it's mediocre at best. Actually, the story is bland but it holds well in a ninja movie. It's pretty much a coming of age story with flashbacks the first 30-45 minutes of Raizo (the main ninjas) training and how he revolts against the ways of the ninja clan that brought him up-which is to be a killer of innocent people for money. Main guy does a good job with his limited lines, but lets be honest why in the hell would we pay to see a ninja movie? Too see some bad ass weapon/fights/acrobatics. I think it pays off, I thought it was very good in terms of the action, multiple fight scenes-even a chase scene and lots of really great fx. In addition the weapons are great and the blood is non-stop. Now the blood is very cgi created but it really didn't bug me as long as the great action was there-it has tons of blood. Also, some have been picky about the darkness of some scenes-i actually thought it was important in a movie about ninjas. So if you know what your getting into I think its a pretty cool film-doesn't hold back and just lets you sit down and watch some slicing and dicing of heads/limbs.

And as for trainwreck-are you serious? The matrix movies sucked. I'll give you the 3rd one because it didn't stand up to the first two, but the first two were amazing imo. The first being one of the most original/action packed sci-fi movies ever....and the second for having the best action scene on film to this day----From the time the staircase fight scene starts all the way through the awesome freeway scene is like 20-25 minutes of pure adrenaline/great fx/and just crazy stuff. To this day nothing has topped it imo. Who builds a half mile freeway just to film a movie? They did and it paid off....reloaded very underrated imo.

leemajors
11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I am gonna grab the R5 off the newsgroups at lunch, hopefully the quality is good.

ManuTP9
11-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Just seen this movie, it was bad ass, the last fighting scene reminded me of Mortal Kombat lol.

Taking it to the Hole
11-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I caught it on Wednesday. Just a straight up action flick with emphasis on BLOOD. More like flashbacks to his past and what caused him to become a rogue ninja. Not really a strong story, but if your looking for that, this isn't your movie, but if you want to see just some ass-kicking scenes and guys using throwing stars, swords, and chains, then it is for you. I saw it with my gf and she and I loved it, but then again we both are action junkies. It's worth a peek, I think.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-28-2009, 12:40 AM
i still think the matrix guys stole the idea for the first matrix cause the other two were just bad

well i know for a fact the concept of the matrix was ripped off from william gibson's book neuromancer, written and published sometime around 1983

I might catch this movie tomorrow with my dad.