PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to hire this one!

Cyrano
11-27-2009, 12:44 PM
a5E0WNO7e_Q

dallaskd
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
fail.

Cyrano
11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
No shit, sherlock.
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5E0WNO7e_Q

Kori Ellis
11-27-2009, 12:49 PM
No shit, sherlock.
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5E0WNO7e_Q

I fixed it for you. Next time, just do this:

[ youtube ]a5E0WNO7e_Q[/ youtube ]

(take out the spaces)

Cyrano
11-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks. Nice of you to explain how to embed instead of berating me for not knowing how.

ashbeeigh
11-27-2009, 01:26 PM
If I'm understanding this correctly, and I'm not in the loop on the "program", it sounds like they're qualifying the customers based on their DTI (debt to income ratio). And, much like a FICO score, if a DTI is assessed as too risky (above somewhere between the high 40s or something like that...not sure if it's front end or back end that they're looking at maybe someone else can explain it better) the bank is not going to qualify you for any type of credit modification. That's just how the banking industry works.

And it's hard to grapple with morally and ethically, but it is what it is. Suck it up. Don't work for a bank if you can't deal with that. Well, she obviously gets that...now...but if she didn't see that before she's not the brightest bulb in the box.

greyforest
11-27-2009, 01:37 PM
morality and capitalism conflict? wooahh

exstatic
11-27-2009, 01:39 PM
She probably needs to find a non-profit that does something she likes, and go to work for them to avoid an entire frustrating career of her morals bumping into the company's profits.

exstatic
11-27-2009, 01:43 PM
If I'm understanding this correctly, and I'm not in the loop on the "program", it sounds like they're qualifying the customers based on their DTI (debt to income ratio). And, much like a FICO score, if a DTI is assessed as too risky (above somewhere between the high 40s or something like that...not sure if it's front end or back end that they're looking at maybe someone else can explain it better) the bank is not going to qualify you for any type of credit modification. That's just how the banking industry works.

And it's hard to grapple with morally and ethically, but it is what it is. Suck it up. Don't work for a bank if you can't deal with that. Well, she obviously gets that...now...but if she didn't see that before she's not the brightest bulb in the box.

My impression is that the major problem she has is that they both let the people have these cards in the first place (the young and the old) knowing they'll probably get into trouble, and then essentially have them in servitude by incessant late and over balance fees, and refusal of the "programs". There is no way these people will ever pay off their balance, and BOA doesn't WANT them to.

If you look at my last post, I also think she needs to do something outside of corporate America.

ashbeeigh
11-27-2009, 02:05 PM
She probably needs to find a non-profit that does something she likes, and go to work for them to avoid an entire frustrating career of her morals bumping into the company's profits.

I agree 100%, but then again, even non-profits have regulations and can get very bureaucratic, much like corporations.

My impression is that the major problem she has is that they both let the people have these cards in the first place (the young and the old) knowing they'll probably get into trouble, and then essentially have them in servitude by incessant late and over balance fees, and refusal of the "programs". There is no way these people will ever pay off their balance, and BOA doesn't WANT them to.

Yep. I also agree with this, I'm just not quite sure if she understands the give and take of the whole "credit" thing though. But, it is what it is.

exstatic
11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree 100%, but then again, even non-profits have regulations and can get very bureaucratic, much like corporations.
It doesn't sound like she has a problem with rules, just things that go against her moral compass. That's why I suggested a non-profit that aligns with that same compass.

Yep. I also agree with this, I'm just not quite sure if she understands the give and take of the whole "credit" thing though. But, it is what it is.
I think she understands now, She probably didn't understand when she hired on, which is why I give her some slack.

Cyrano
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Granted, she made a bad choice of career field, but her obvious integrity speaks volumes.
I managed a retail store for almost 30 years, and this is exactly the kind of individual that I
loved to have working for me. If you run an honest business, you need honest employees to represent you. I think she will do well in whatever place she ends up working.

MiamiHeat
11-27-2009, 05:54 PM
This country has allowed greed to be a normal behavior.