PDA

View Full Version : TNT All-Decade vote 2

Xevious
11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/alldecade/vote2/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Surprise surprise, the two Spurs games have the least number of votes. :lol

Looks like the Boston/Chicago game is going to run away with this one.

itzsoweezee
11-27-2009, 02:25 PM
the most outrageous part of it is that the spurs-det game is the only one that took place in the finals

Xevious
11-27-2009, 02:42 PM
the most outrageous part of it is that the spurs-det game is the only one that took place in the finals
Good point, but what other finals series this decade was as competitive as that one? None, I don't think. And I can't think of any game that really stands out.

TIMMYD!
11-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Saw it coming, we always get screwed over.

duncan228
11-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Don't forget to vote for Duncan in the All-Star game. Let's keep the starting streak alive. :)

https://audience.nba.com/services/msib/flow/all_star_ballot?src=eng&mcode=null

TDfan2007
11-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I died a little inside after watching that Mavs-Spurs game recap... :depressed

45pts 15rbs 5asts by Tim

What a wasted performance...

baseline bum
11-27-2009, 06:35 PM
What the fuck, TNT? No way does that Cleveland-Boston game from 08 belong in the list. Game 1 of the 2001 Finals should have taken its place. Or game 4 of the 06 Suns-Lakers series. Or game 1 of the 08 Suns-Spurs series.

CubanSucks
11-27-2009, 06:43 PM
What the fuck, TNT? No way does that Cleveland-Boston game from 08 belong in the list. Game 1 of the 2001 Finals should have taken its place. Or game 4 of the 06 Suns-Lakers series. Or game 1 of the 08 Suns-Spurs series.

:tu:tu:tu

How the fuck was that not on the list!?!? Tim Duncan drains a 3 to put in OT!!! Fuck whoever made this list

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 06:46 PM
I would say these are ok picks. You guys are a bit homer here. I picked Spurs-Pistons but people picked game 6 of Bulls-Celtics because it was recent and it was a hell of a match and series.

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2009, 07:03 PM
Boston-Chicago is the most overrated series of all-time IMO..well that's probably too much, but it's overrated..

Boston-Cleveland game 7 doesn't belong here at all..

it's very tough to pick between the top 4 though..all those series' were great..obviously I'm biased to the game where the Spurs won though, so I'll go with that..

Duncan vs. Dallas was indeed such a waste..would have been one of the great performances of all-time..

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Boston-Chicago is the most overrated series of all-time IMO..
It is because it is still fresh in everyone's memories.

benefactor
11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
This all decade thing is a bit of a joke. Anything with Lebron will win it all because anyone under the age of 18 probably doesn't even remember the good performances from early in the decade.

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I don't like the voting part..if they want to take it seriously, it should be picked by a panel..

Barkley and Kenny Smith already gave their opinions of Duncan being the player of the decade IIRC..

CubanSucks
11-27-2009, 07:24 PM
I would say these are ok picks. You guys are a bit homer here. I picked Spurs-Pistons but people picked game 6 of Bulls-Celtics because it was recent and it was a hell of a match and series.

I'm not being a homer. I don't think those Spurs games should be on there but the Duncan 3 definately should. Let's just be real. There are probably like 20 games you could choose that are really all the same. Including the ones on the current list.

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm not being a homer. I don't think those Spurs games should be on there but the Duncan 3 definately should. Let's just be real. There are probably like 20 games you could choose that are really all the same. Including the ones on the current list.
Well, then half of the lists would be Spurs games and there is already a 2008 game from Cavs vs Celtics. So, techinally, the TNT panel just chose 6 of the games they thought it was the best for 6 seperate years in the decade. Nothing wrong there. I would be shocked if the games played in the same year.

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Spurs-Pistons absolutely deserves to be there, so does Mavs-Spurs..did you forget how great those games were?..

Mavs-Spurs was a war, a great end to a tough series..it involved a great comeback, it involved 2 of the best players of this era going head-to-head and blow for blow..it involved an unbelievable choke job by Manu after it looked like we had the game won..it involved questionable officiating, which happens a lot in the "best" games..it had an OT..absolutely one of the best games I've ever seen, even though we lost..

Pistons-Spurs was amazing as well..both teams took blowouts through the first 4, so this game was the first one that went down to the wire..Robert Horry had arguably the greatest clutch performance in NBA history..for a role player to do what he did was just unreal..

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Spurs-Pistons absolutely deserves to be there, so does Mavs-Spurs..did you forget how great those games were?..

Mavs-Spurs was a war, a great end to a tough series..it involved a great comeback, it involved 2 of the best players of this era going head-to-head and blow for blow..it involved an unbelievable choke job by Manu after it looked like we had the game won..it involved questionable officiating, which happens a lot in the "best" games..it had an OT..absolutely one of the best games I've ever seen, even though we lost..

Pistons-Spurs was amazing as well..both teams took blowouts through the first 4, so this game was the first one that went down to the wire..Robert Horry had arguably the greatest clutch performance in NBA history..for a role player to do what he did was just unreal..
Those two deserved to be there. I am just saying that the rest of the Spurs games do not deserve to be there because these are probably the best there is.

draft87
11-28-2009, 12:41 AM

I'm surprised it was included. Actually, scratch that thought. The whole list is weird. You'd think they blew it because they only included TNT broadcasts but actually the Spurs/Mavs and Celtics/Bulls games were the only ones on TNT. At first I thought that was why there was only one Finals game. TNT does not broadcast the Finals. They blew the list because the powers-that-be wanted superstars in the list. Lakers, Lakers, Lebron. Half of the list includes games that weren't even that great but had marquee names....lame

I agree about '08 Spurs/Suns game 1. When that game was done I thought it was gonna be an instant yearly replay on ESPN2 or NBAtv. But networks don't like to see Shaq lose.......

ElNono
11-28-2009, 12:48 AM
It's TNT... just like the ESPYs... WGAF?