PDA

View Full Version : Nets Are Like The Growing Pains

Basketballgirl25
11-27-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLew6xpe0zQ

Well, if this is the hint the Nets are going to be like "The Growing Pains" I'm good with them losing. Because that show was great:toast

MavDynasty
11-27-2009, 04:31 PM
How is Devin doing for you?

Basketballgirl25
11-27-2009, 04:34 PM
How is Devin doing for you?

He doing good, hasn't quit on the team like Kidd would:toast

JamStone
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Don't worry, you get to cheer for The Great Black Hype next season.

Yeah, I like their team for next year...

Devin Harris / Keyon Dooling
Courtney Lee / CDR
LeBron James / Terrence Williams
Chris Bosh / Derrick Favors / Edwuardo Najera
Brook Lopez / Josh Boone / Sean Williams

JoeTait75
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
LeBron had so much fun going to a horrible Cavaliers team in 2003 that he wants to repeat the same process in New Jersey.

Thunder Dan
11-27-2009, 04:43 PM
if Lebron is to go to New Jersey it won't be next season, he will pick up his player option and go when they are in Brooklyn.

JoeTait75
11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
The Nets have injuries and are in obvious tank mode. James would be foolish to doom his career by staying in Cleveland.

What would be foolish is LeBron taking another 3-4 years to win a title somewhere else. That's how long it would take in New Jersey. You're loco if you think the Nets could win the title next year with LeBron.

He goes, he's going somewhere he can win big right now. That ain't New Jersey.

JamStone
11-27-2009, 06:59 PM
If the Nets can add both LeBron and Bosh to Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, Courtney Lee, and Chris Douglas Roberts, I see them in serious title contention in two years, after one year of building chemistry and probably still making it to the conference finals in their first year together. That would be about the same anywhere else he'd choose to go if he leaves, a one season grace period, and then serious title contention by the second season. Doesn't guarantee a title in that second year, but same can be said for any team he'd go to.

If the Cavs don't at least make it to the NBA Finals this year, I think going to the Nets (if they were able to get someone like Bosh as well) would be better than staying in Cleveland.

Kriz-Maxima
11-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Courtney Lee / CDR

That team would be nasty good.

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, if the Nets get Derrick Favors, what is Chris Bosh doing on the team? The Nets could go after a shooting guard like Joe Johnson to complete the team instead of leaving Courtney Lee and CDR as their shooting guard which will be a major weakness. Will Yi Jianlian be resigned? I am thinking they might just buyout Najera's contract.

Findog
11-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I agree with whoever said Bron Bron won't go to the Nets as long as they're still playing in Newark. Do they really have the cap room for TWO max players, because some dumbass team is going to offer Bosh the max.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 07:30 PM
What would be foolish is LeBron taking another 3-4 years to win a title somewhere else. That's how long it would take in New Jersey. You're loco if you think the Nets could win the title next year with LeBron.

He goes, he's going somewhere he can win big right now. That ain't New Jersey.

You serious? Devin Harris alone instantly makes the supporting cast he'd have on NJ better than any supporting cast he's had in Cleveland. If Bosh also signed with NJ it'd be even better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I agree with whoever said Bron Bron won't go to the Nets as long as they're still playing in Newark. Do they really have the cap room for TWO max players, because some dumbass team is going to offer Bosh the max.

They'll have 9-10 players making roughly 26-27 million combined entering the off season. That gives them around 35 million in cap room. Lebron and Bosh is a real possibility, moreso if they both take a slight discount since the current Nets + Lebron and Bosh is an instant contender.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Nets get some Sactown tonight, their best chance to break the streak. If they don't win tonight, they're going to set an all-time losing record next week.

Either that or there's gonna be an epic lol Mavs thread. :lol

duhoh
11-27-2009, 07:36 PM
You have to be realistic here Joe. If the Cavs were smart, they would have dumped Z for Jax, they slept there. Now they are stuck with Shaq's 20mil, and Z's 11mil, which both expire at the end of the season. Lets assume James stays put, he's going to want max for that, and you guys are already sitting at 50 mil once Z and Shaq come off the books. James will take you over that cap if he signs a new deal. That leaves you no room to go and get a guy like Bosh, who will also want a max contract as well. To be honest, the Cavs are in a great position to make a big move right now. Shaq would be my sacrificial pig, and I wouldn't hesitate. If Shaq is not traded, that means James didn't not push for it, which means he wants out, if Shaq is traded, James pushed for it, and wants to stay.

interesting point.

but then, i think lebron is behaving the way he is to get a max deal from cleveland in the future.

we can only speculate now

ffadicted
11-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Courtney Lee / CDR

All I'll say is.... :wow

Basketballgirl25
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
The Nets have injuries and are in obvious tank mode. James would be foolish to doom his career by staying in Cleveland.

We don't need to be in obvious tank mode right now. All the players are hurt, so I don't think it is tank time yet, just everyone going down like flys:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
You have to be realistic here Joe. If the Cavs were smart, they would have dumped Z for Jax, they slept there. Now they are stuck with Shaq's 20mil, and Z's 11mil, which both expire at the end of the season. Lets assume James stays put, he's going to want max for that, and you guys are already sitting at 50 mil once Z and Shaq come off the books. James will take you over that cap if he signs a new deal. That leaves you no room to go and get a guy like Bosh, who will also want a max contract as well. To be honest, the Cavs are in a great position to make a big move right now. Shaq would be my sacrificial pig, and I wouldn't hesitate. If Shaq is not traded, that means James didn't not push for it, which means he wants out, if Shaq is traded, James pushed for it, and wants to stay.

The contract they gave the worthless Brazilian mop headed flopping faggot ruined any chance at being able to pair Lebron with another max contract. Pathetic is a pretty accurate description of Ferry's attempt to give Lebron a good supporting cast. Lebron has no reason to believe anything would change if he resigned with Cleveland.

Basketballgirl25
11-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Nets get some Sactown tonight, their best chance to break the streak. If they don't win tonight, they're going to set an all-time losing record next week.

there's going to be a epic lol Mavs thread anyway. I got my first gut feeling to we will win against the Mavs, and my gut feelings come true 99% of the time:toast

JamStone
11-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Do they really have the cap room for TWO max players, because some dumbass team is going to offer Bosh the max.

Possibly. Part of it really depends where the salary cap is set for next season, but it could happen. Right now if the cap were to stay exactly the same, they'd have roughly $31-32 million in cap space if they don't re-sign guys like Josh Boone and Sean Williams. If they could trade any combination of Yi Jianlian, Keyon Dooling, and Eduardo Najera, they could clear up to an additional $3-11 million. And while there won't be a lot of teams trying to take on contracts, all three of those contracts are small and manageable, and Yi Jianlian still carries some appeal in terms of not only potential but marketing. It wouldn't surprise me to see them try to dump those contracts to get closer to $40 million in cap space.

JamStone
11-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, if the Nets get Derrick Favors, what is Chris Bosh doing on the team? The Nets could go after a shooting guard like Joe Johnson to complete the team instead of leaving Courtney Lee and CDR as their shooting guard which will be a major weakness. Will Yi Jianlian be resigned? I am thinking they might just buyout Najera's contract.

Why wouldn't you want both Bosh and Favors?

You got three young, talented 2-guards in Lee, Douglas-Roberts, and Terrence Williams. None of them are superstars, but having another superstar on the perimeter with LeBron and Harris gets problematic in terms of touches. Favors would still be a 19 year old youngster with a lot to learn about the league and competing at the NBA level. Bosh would step right in immediately and Favors could take his time developing his game. With LeBron and Devin Harris, that team wouldn't need another perimeter play-maker. Chris Bosh seems to fit the #2 guy role better anyway.

Chieflion
11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Why wouldn't you want both Bosh and Favors?

You got three young, talented 2-guards in Lee, Douglas-Roberts, and Terrence Williams. None of them are superstars, but having another superstar on the perimeter with LeBron and Harris gets problematic in terms of touches. Favors would still be a 19 year old youngster with a lot to learn about the league and competing at the NBA level. Bosh would step right in immediately and Favors could take his time developing his game. With LeBron and Devin Harris, that team wouldn't need another perimeter play-maker. Chris Bosh seems to fit the #2 guy role better anyway.
If that is the case, the Nets should be looking to acquire LeBron and two other stars into the team. At least that is what I think would work better, I am sure they will use a sign and trade to get LeBron. Therefore, someone will disappear from the Nets squad.

Findog
11-27-2009, 08:26 PM

That's a distinct possibility, considering we're 11-4 and those four losses are to a shit Wiz team at home, a shit Warriors team at home, a short-handed Spurs team on the road, and a shit 121-63 team on the road when they choked at the FT line. Bottom line, @ NJ is a trap game, and the Mavs have lost 4 trap games so far.

Basketballgirl25
11-27-2009, 09:52 PM
That's a distinct possibility, considering we're 11-4 and those four losses are to a shit Wiz team at home, a shit Warriors team at home, a short-handed Spurs team on the road, and a shit 121-63 team on the road when they choked at the FT line. Bottom line, @ NJ is a trap game, and the Mavs have lost 4 trap games so far.

The Mavs play Philly the game before I think, am I right? I think Nets have a extra day off before playing the Mavs, maybe I am wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere

bostonguy
11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I just can't see Bron taking a paycut. It isn't a diss to him when I say that. Money talks at the end of the day. The Cavs will offer him a sick max contract that I just can't see him passing up.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
44 to 24....Kings 2nd Quarter.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
44 to 24....Kings 2nd Quarter.

When it's all said and done Tyreke will be right there with Jennings for ROY.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 10:59 PM
When it's all said and done Tyreke will be right there with Jennings for ROY.

Tyreke was my original pick for ROY, that dude is a very good team leader.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 11:42 PM

Very reasonable of you.

Although I fully suspect the Mavs will give them a beatdown and leave it to the Bobcats for the loss.

Kai
11-27-2009, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLew6xpe0zQ

Well, if this is the hint the Nets are going to be like "The Growing Pains" I'm good with them losing. Because that show was great:toast

God, that video was almost as bad as that one you posted a few months ago with the slideshow of present and future nets all jumbled up and out of order. I want back the 5 seconds of my life that video took from me. :sleep:sleep

Findog
11-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Very reasonable of you.

Although I fully suspect the Mavs will give them a beatdown and leave it to the Bobcats for the loss.

I just hope somebody makes a Devin Harris mixtape of him raping them last year at the Meadowlands. They should be fired up to show that the trade wasn't a mistake.