PDA

View Full Version : This season, whose better, Kobe or Melo?

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Melo's stats

29.7 PPG
48% FG/50% EFG
33% 3FG
6.1 RPG
3.5 APG
1.7 SPG
26.9 PER
Denver 12-3

Kobe's Stats

30.1 PPG
48% FG/49% EFG
19% 3FG
5.2 RPG
3.6 APG
2.1 SPG
PER 25.6
Lakers 11-3

Those are the stats, but besides those numbers, im picking Melo because he seems to be more clutch and more unstoppable than Kobe.

Spursfan092120
11-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Only thing you can go by this early in the year is stats. There's no such thing as clutch until the regular season winds down..therefore, I'm going with Kobe. Carmelo's a babyback bitch, anyway.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 11:34 PM
3 weeks ago, I'd say Melo. A week ago, I'd say Kobe. Today I'd say Melo maybe.

Kobe has a better record though.

Looks like they'll be going back and forth all season.

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Only thing you can go by this early in the year is stats. There's no such thing as clutch until the regular season winds down..therefore, I'm going with Kobe. Carmelo's a babyback bitch, anyway.
Melo has a different mindset this year. By far the best start in his career. I think his maturity is starting to develop. Kobe's lost a step already.I like Melo's ability to take over this season.

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:36 PM
3 weeks ago, i'd say melo. A week ago, i'd say kobe. Today i'd say melo maybe.

Kobe has a better record though.

Looks like they'll be going back and forth all season.
+1

lefty
11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Regular season

WGAF

Come playoffs, Kobe will be THE best, the man will real cojones

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Melo dropped 50 tonight BTW. So the stats above will be adjusted. Melo now leads the league in scoring.

j.dizzle
11-27-2009, 11:44 PM
The regular season doesn't mean sheeeet..everyone knows melo is a great scorer,we'll see if he mans up when it really matters

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:45 PM
You faggots say that every year about Carmella. "Oh he's mature this year." "Oh he's in shape this year." "Oh he's not a backwards fighting sucker punching faggot this year." Kobe needs no excuses to bring it. Carmella, Wade, and James should be ashamed that a guy that's been in the league 14 years is out playing them.
Ill fess up and say Kobe is outplaying Wade but he is NOT outplaying Lebron or Melo.

Stop smoking that pipe LUVA

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
The regular season doesn't mean sheeeet..everyone knows melo is a great scorer,we'll see if he mans up when it really matters

Billups
Kobe
Kenyon Martin
Nene
JR Smith
Birdman

vs

Odom
Melo
Gasol
Bynum
Artest
Shannon Brown

You tell me which team wins now.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Ill fess up and say Kobe is outplaying Wade but he is NOT outplaying Lebron or Melo.

I agree on your take about Melo, he's beasting. But Kobe's better than LeBron right now. Seems like Melo and Kobe are far ahead of the MVP pack right now with Nash picking up #3 and with LeBron in #5 or #6.

It almost seems like Lebron's just going through the motions this year. He has nice stats but he doesn't really seem into it for some reason. I've only seen one spectacular game from LeBron this year...versus the Knicks.

I dunno if Cavs fans feel this way too.

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:50 PM
I agree on your take about Melo, he's beasting. But Kobe's better than LeBron right now.

It almost seems like Lebron's just going through the motions this year. He has nice stats but he doesn't really seem into it for some reason. I've only seen one spectacular game from LeBron this year...versus the Knicks.

I dunno if Cavs fans feel this way too.
Lebrons PER is higher this year.

31.7 last year. 32.4 this year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

If Bron is not playing off the charts this year, then imagine what happens when he's in battle mode.

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Kobe has a better record than them both, and his stats are better.
No.

Allanon
11-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Lebrons PER is higher this year.

31.7 last year. 32.4 this year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01.html

If Bron is not playing off the charts this year, then imagine what happens when he's in battle mode.

Great PER but not effective in winning. I think LeBron was much better last year.

And yes, LeBron's going through the motions is better than 85% of the NBA.

ChrisRichards
11-27-2009, 11:54 PM
Great PER but not effective in winning. I think LeBron was much better last year.

And yes, LeBron's going through the motions is better than 85% of the NBA.
I think injuries are really hurting Cleveland right now. Last year everyone was healthy and Delonte West was not retarded. And Shaq was a huge mistake.

I agree on your second statement. Man, why cant Laker fans be as unbias, smart like Allanon?

j.dizzle
11-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Props to melo scoring 50 but more props to the knicks for dropping 125 haha Denver still needs a lot of work on defense

ChrisRichards
11-28-2009, 12:05 AM
:lmao

You want me to play nice. I'm the KG of ST, bitch, I don't do nice.
Man, whats wrong with you LakaLuva? Were you molested when you were younger?

And KG is not nice he's a skinny ass pussy. You're saying you're the Pussy of ST?

ChrisRichards
11-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Kobe's team, easily. Who is your two guard? This comparison show how great Kobe really is. Kobe swept and cock slapped Melo's team the last two years.
Dont be a retard. Melo with Lakers cast and coached by Phil Jackson will own Kobe with George Karl and the Thuggets.

ChrisRichards
11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Melo is a good second option if he ever gets a chance to play on a title contender. Hell, Billups leads that team, not Melo.
Thats true, just like Fisher is the real leader of the Lakers, not Kobe.

TimDunkem
11-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Man, whats wrong with you LakaLuva? Were you molested when you were younger?

And KG is not nice he's a skinny ass pussy. You're saying you're the Pussy of ST?
It might explain the selling of sexual favors, or the interest in George Hill's cock.

ChrisRichards
11-28-2009, 12:26 AM
You do know you lost tonight?
Heat will bounce back. Bad game by Wade. Wade historically owns the Wizards.

iggypop123
11-28-2009, 01:21 AM
i think kobe will take the ring over the mvp again

mystargtr34
11-28-2009, 01:44 AM
:lmao

You want me to play nice. I'm the KG of ST, bitch, I don't do nice.

KG has some game. Your the Kenyon Martin of ST, all tough talk - but when it comes down to it, no substance.

mystargtr34
11-28-2009, 01:46 AM
:toast JK your ok.

But still, Kenyon Martin.. not KG.

TheMACHINE
11-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Billups
Kobe
Kenyon Martin
Nene
JR Smith
Birdman

vs

Odom
Melo
Gasol
Bynum
Artest
Shannon Brown

You tell me which team wins now.

Damn Billups and Kobe in the backcourt against however your gonna assemble that Lakers squad. (there's no 2 guard on that list nor point guard other than shannon brown)...i'd say Kobe's team ;)