PDA

View Full Version : Dejaun Blair Hype

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 09:10 AM
The hype is totally out of hand. The Mavs picked up a player with roughly the same numbers.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kris_humphries/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dejuan_blair/

Neither one is going to be an NBA starter so who cares?

Rodrigue Beaubois on the other hand is going to be a big time player.

SpurNation
11-28-2009, 09:15 AM

So why post?

Bartleby
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
If Humphries were a rookie the comparison might be somewhat valid, but he's not and what you're seeing from him now is probably the most you can expect. Blair, on the other hand, is just starting to adapt to his game to the NBA.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I've been hearing what geniuses Spurs management were for "stealing" Blair in the second round. Furthermore all offseason the talk was of how great the Spurs did. Where is it? Which of the offseason acquisitions looks great so far?

Frankly I look at the Mavs and even if Shawn Marion looks a little shaky everything else the Mavs did in the offseason looks great.

EmptyMan
11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Patience young grasshoppa

GSH
11-28-2009, 09:47 AM
I've been hearing what geniuses Spurs management were for "stealing" Blair in the second round. Furthermore all offseason the talk was of how great the Spurs did. Where is it? Which of the offseason acquisitions looks great so far?

Frankly I look at the Mavs and even if Shawn Marion looks a little shaky everything else the Mavs did in the offseason looks great.

So the thread really has nothing to do with Blair, and everything to do with you trolling the Mavs. What happened? Did you get kicked out of the circle-jerk on the Mavs' forums?

Spursmania
11-28-2009, 09:54 AM
So the thread really has nothing to do with Blair, and everything to do with you trolling the Mavs. What happened? Did you get kicked out of the circle-jerk on the Mavs' forums?

Yep, some Mav fans are so predictable, petty and pathetic...:lol

EmptyMan
11-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I would take Humphries over Blair though.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Patience young grasshoppa

I'm fine with that. Blair may eventually develop into a starter caliber player. It doesn't look that way today, but George Hill didn't look like he was going to be a starter caliber player last year either.

But can we quit talking about Blair like the Spurs management pulled one over on the league? The Spurs pulled a backup level player with some upside out of the second round. That's nice but it doesn't make anyone a genius.

SpursChampsIII
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
The hype is totally out of hand. The Mavs picked up a player with roughly the same numbers.

:stfu:troll

First you start talking about Humphries/Blair, then throw out a Beaubois is better than him too, nanny, nanny, boo, boo. What are you, fvckin 9 years old?

Let me sum up the Mavs' existence for you--win quite a few games, but don't win sh!t--sh!t being an NBA title. :nope

GSH
11-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm fine with that. Blair may eventually develop into a starter caliber player. It doesn't look that way today, but George Hill didn't look like he was going to be a starter caliber player last year either.

But can we quit talking about Blair like the Spurs management pulled one over on the league? The Spurs pulled a backup level player with some upside out of the second round. That's nice but it doesn't make anyone a genius.

Remember when the Mavs trolls carried on about Brandon Bass like he was the next Shaq? And he averaged about 2 points and 2 boards in his first 2 seasons. And Kris Humphries? He averaged about 4 points and 3 boards over the first 5 years of his career. He's not in Blair's league right now, and Blair is just getting started.

Paul Millsap averaged 6.8 points and 5.2 boards, and was a foul machine in his first season. He wasn't exactly scrap heap material.

Theo Ratliff was a starter for a number of years. But in his rookie season he averaged 4.5 points and 4 boards in 17.4 minutes per game. In Rasho's first 2 full seasons he averaged about 5 points and 4.3 boards, in 19 minutes. So far, Blair is averaging 5.6 points and 5.2 boards in 14.6 minutes per game.

When you consider that Blair is a rookie, playing for the most demanding defensive coach in the league (maybe ever?), he's doing just fine. You can have Kris Humphries.

Shastafarian
11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I've been hearing what geniuses Spurs management were for "stealing" Blair in the second round.

Who said the FO "stole" him? He was projected in the 1st round because he was a great college talent. Other teams were foolish to keep passing on him.

I'm fine with that. Blair may eventually develop into a starter caliber player. It doesn't look that way today,Have you seen him play at all? I think the answer is, "Yeah I saw him play in those two games against the Mavs"

but George Hill didn't look like he was going to be a starter caliber player last year either.smh

But can we quit talking about Blair like the Spurs management pulled one over on the league?No one is saying that. How do you pull one over on the league when everyone was shocked how far he was falling?

The Spurs pulled a backup level player with some upside out of the second round. That's nice but it doesn't make anyone a genius.
Blair is averaging 5.6 point and 5.2 rebounds in only 14.6 minutes. Per 30 minutes that would be 11.5 points and 10.7 rebounds. HORRIBLE!!!!

This thread is dumb.

exstatic
11-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Actually it does. Getting ANYTHING out of the second round deserves a pat on the back.

Oh, and WTG, comparing a 5 year vet to a rook.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 10:49 AM
:stfu:troll

First you start talking about Humphries/Blair, then throw out a Beaubois is better than him too, nanny, nanny, boo, boo. What are you, fvckin 9 years old?

Let me sum up the Mavs' existence for you--win quite a few games, but don't win sh!t--sh!t being an NBA title. :nope

OK, forget I ever compared the Spurs offseason with the Mavs.

Does it still look like the Spurs had the "best offseason in the NBA"?

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Remember when the Mavs trolls carried on about Brandon Bass like he was the next Shaq? And he averaged about 2 points and 2 boards in his first 2 seasons. And Kris Humphries? He averaged about 4 points and 3 boards over the first 5 years of his career. He's not in Blair's league right now, and Blair is just getting started.

Paul Millsap averaged 6.8 points and 5.2 boards, and was a foul machine in his first season. He wasn't exactly scrap heap material.

When you consider that Blair is a rookie, playing for the most demanding defensive coach in the league (maybe ever?), he's doing just fine. You can have Kris Humphries.

Paul Misap averages 10 and 6 in 27 minutes.

Brandon Bass played in New Orleans for his first 2 years so I doubt Mavs trolls were raving about him.

Oh, and by the way BB is about 9 and 5 in 20 minutes for the last 4 years.

So you are saying that Blair has the upside of Paul Milsap and that Brandon Bass sucks? Blair, Bass, and Milsap are all the same player my friend.

Shastafarian
11-28-2009, 11:07 AM

Brandon Bass played in New Orleans for his first 2 years so I doubt Mavs trolls were raving about him.

Oh, and by the way BB is about 9 and 5 in 20 minutes for the last 4 years.

So you are saying that Blair has the upside of Paul Milsap and that Brandon Bass sucks? Blair, Bass, and Milsap are all the same player my friend.

Bass averages 9 and 3 for his career in 21 minutes. So if we average that out to 30 minutes he still averages fewer rebounds than Blair averages in 14 minutes. His BEST season was last season when he averaged 8.5 and 4.5 in 19.4 minutes.

Per 30 minutes that's 13 pts and 6.9 rebounds.

exstatic
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Yes, unexpectedly having to share the 4 spot with Booz has cut his numbers. Last year, he averaged 13.5/8.6.

Shastafarian
11-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Millsap's rookie year:

6.8 and 5.1 in 18 minutes

That's:

11.3 and 8.5 in 30 minutes

Funny

SpurNation
11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
lol at Spurs fan hyping on one of their own players in a Spurs message board. Oh the nerve of it all.

I can see your point Mavs fan. I mean really...what do they talk about on a Mav's site? Rookie players compared to vets? Missing trophies? Dust?

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes, unexpectedly having to share the 4 spot with Booz has cut his numbers. Last year, he averaged 13.5/8.6.

No, last year Boozer was unexpected out most of the year AND Milsap was in a contract year.

Even if you want to give Blair the benefit of the doubt and say he'll get to Millsap 2008-2009 numbers the hype is still way out of hand.

edit: And by the way, Millsap is a great illustration of how production on the second unit doesn't necessarily extend to production on the first unit.

Much like preseason production doesn't extend to regular season production.

George Gervin's Afro
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Blair may eventually develop into a starter caliber player. It doesn't look that way today, but George Hill didn't look like he was going to be a starter caliber player last year either.

But can we quit talking about Blair like the Spurs management pulled one over on the league?

irony

Mel_13
11-28-2009, 11:33 AM

the hype is still way out of hand.

weebo
11-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Rodrigue Beaubois big time player???:lmao:lmao:lmao

BOHOLANO#21
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
No, last year Boozer was unexpected out most of the year AND Milsap was in a contract year.

Even if you want to give Blair the benefit of the doubt and say he'll get to Millsap 2008-2009 numbers the hype is still way out of hand.

edit: And by the way, Millsap is a great illustration of how production on the second unit doesn't necessarily extend to production on the first unit.

Hey idiot, get your team a NBA title before you post something. The team earned the praises coz of the title they won. Just STFU...

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 11:39 AM

DeJuan Blair is averaging 5.6 and 5.2 as a rookie, playing only 14 minutes a game. Millsap is averaging 10.5 and 6.3 as a 4 year vet playing 27 minutes a game. not exactly a fair comparison. And Humphries is a 6 year vet...shame on you for comparing him with them. But the fact that you are shows that you are impressed by Blair too...

BOHOLANO#21
11-28-2009, 11:39 AM
irony

+1

exstatic
11-28-2009, 11:47 AM

And this year, Booz unexpectedly DIDN'T opt out like he said he was going to for 2 years. Having to share a position cuts anyone's numbers. Booz is not in the Jazz plans. He'll be gone next year at the latest, but quite possibly by the trade deadline. Then you'll see Millsap's nubmers return to where they were when he was the starting 4 last year.

BTW, your starter/reserve argument is shit. Millsap did quite fine as the starter last year. I don't know where you were going with that, but it was a fail.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 11:48 AM
DeJuan Blair is averaging 5.6 and 5.2 as a rookie, playing only 14 minutes a game. Millsap is averaging 10.5 and 6.3 as a 4 year vet playing 27 minutes a game. not exactly a fair comparison. ...

I didn't bring Millsap into this conversation, but I actually think it's a fair comparison.

We are all looking at this rookie and trying to figure out his upside. It sounds like Paul Millsap upside is something we can all agree on? Or do some people think he's got more upside than that?

If he's got Paul Millsap upside and given his current production, I don't see why anyone is excited.

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 11:54 AM
I didn't bring Millsap into this conversation, but I actually think it's a fair comparison.

We are all looking at this rookie and trying to figure out his upside. It sounds like Paul Millsap upside is something we can all agree on? Or do some people think he's got more upside than that?

If he's got Paul Millsap upside and given his current production, I don't see why anyone is excited.
How is it a fair comparison? Millsap has been in the league for 4 years and is getting 27.1 minutes per game, and Blair has almost as many rebounds with 14 minutes a game. You can't compare a rookie to a 4 year vet..no matter what. The guy is a rookie, playing an average of just over a quarter per game. He hasn't had enough competition on NBA level to show what his future holds. All I know is if he plays 30 minutes on his current play level, which he should, considering he seems to play better as time goes by, he will average 11.5 points a game and 10.7 rebounds per game. And for a rookie, averaging a double double, that's pretty damn successful.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 11:55 AM
And this year, Booz unexpectedly DIDN'T opt out like he said he was going to for 2 years. Having to share a position cuts anyone's numbers. Booz is not in the Jazz plans. He'll be gone next year at the latest, but quite possibly by the trade deadline. Then you'll see Millsap's nubmers return to where they were when he was the starting 4 last year.

BTW, your starter/reserve argument is shit. Millsap did quite fine as the starter last year. I don't know where you were going with that, but it was a fail.

Millsap got 8 and 6 in 20 minutes as a backup. 13.5 and 8 is not too much more production in 10 extra minutes.

If your starting PF is going to give you that production he better be a defensive ace a la Udonis Haslem. Otherwise you need to go find another PF. The Jazz would be smart to keep Boozer. The only reason why they wouldn't is because of their cap situation.

Cane
11-28-2009, 11:58 AM
What the hell is with this focus on stats? Watch the game if you want to see how a rookie is doing.

And comparing Dejuan Blair to vets makes the OP's case look dumber especially since he's the one bringing them up. If you know anything about the Spurs, Pop is still juggling the lineups and this season Blair has been given limited minutes which is the norm for the Spurs.

Give Blair more minutes and he'd be averaging a double-double or close to it.

Imo jack's an idiot.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 12:04 PM
What the hell is with this focus on stats? Watch the game if you want to see how a rookie is doing.

And comparing Dejuan Blair to vets makes the OP's case look dumber especially since he's the one bringing them up. If you know anything about the Spurs, Pop is still juggling the lineups and this season Blair has been given limited minutes which is the norm for the Spurs.

Give Blair more minutes and he'd be averaging a double-double or close to it.

Imo jack's an idiot.

If you don't like stats, I asked you for an eyeball guess ... who is his upside comparable to? My eyeballs say Paul Millsap. And I wasn't the first person to mention his name.

If he averages a double double in starter minutes but he can't defend anyone do you honestly think the Spurs couldn't find someone else that would help them more?

Cane
11-28-2009, 12:08 PM
If he averages a double double in starter minutes but he can't defend anyone do you honestly think the Spurs couldn't find someone else that would help them more?

Yea, their names are Antonio McDyess and Theo Ratliff.

There was no better person to draft than Dejuan Blair for the Spurs - he was a steal and is a young big that hustles for the rebounds and a hell of a lot better than previous starts in terms of scoring (Oberto anyone).

Blairs upsides: young, wide, rebounds on an NBA level including offensive boards, hustles, and can score the ball

Downsides: he's a short rookie, he' playing for the Spurs so he won't get very many minutes, and threads like these

exstatic
11-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Actually, I think Blair's upside is probably the flip side: 8-9 points, 13.5 rebounds. Once, he stops committing stupid fouls, and getting called for ticky-tacky ones, he's going to be a machine on the glass.

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2009, 12:17 PM
This thread reeks of jealousy..

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Yea, their names are Antonio McDyess and Theo Ratliff.

There was no better person to draft than Dejuan Blair for the Spurs - he was a steal and is a young big that hustles for the rebounds and a hell of a lot better than previous starts in terms of scoring (Oberto anyone).

Blairs upsides: young, wide, rebounds on an NBA level including offensive boards, hustles, and can score the ball

Downsides: he's a short rookie, he' playing for the Spurs so he won't get very many minutes, and threads like these

I'm not saying the Spurs shouldn't have drafted him. As someone said earlier, finding a backup level player in the second round is good.

All I'm saying is that with his limited upside, I don't get all the hype.

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm not saying the Spurs shouldn't have drafted him. As someone said earlier, finding a backup level player in the second round is good.

All I'm saying is that with his limited upside, I don't get all the hype.
limited upside? A rookie averaging 5.6 and 5.2 in 14 MPG is limited? Wow...so I guess Lebron was "somewhat decent" his rookie year, huh?

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 12:28 PM
That made me want to look at stats...if you take Lebron's rookie year and give him DeJuan's minutes, he averages 7.73 points and 2.03 rebounds per game...Blair's close to that on points and more than double that in rebounds. Want to compare someone in his position? Let's take the guy who's probably the best PF in the league right now, and probably your fave, Dirk Nowitzki...take his rookie numbers and give him Blair's minutes, he gets 5.87 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. NOW do you see the hype? Take Dirk's entire career, and give him Blair's minutes, he averages 9.1 points and 3.43 rebounds per game.

exstatic
11-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Not for less than $1M a year for 4 years, and certainly not in our draft position. That's the steal. That's the upside. To get that, plus defense in a player under 30 probably costs you $8-10M per year. Bigs always get overpaid and evaluated on potential rather than production. That's a fact of NBA life.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM
limited upside? A rookie averaging 5.6 and 5.2 in 14 MPG is limited? Wow...so I guess Lebron was "somewhat decent" his rookie year, huh?

First of all Lebron played 40 mpg in his rookie year precisely because his team knew he could become a superstar level player.

The fact that Blair is getting 14 mpg is right in line with Millsap upside.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Watching jackOfspeed get owned in this thread is pleasurable to me.

7.6 Points
1.9 Rebounds
1.3 assists
1.58 turnovers
.3 blocks
In 15.5 minutes

Want to guess who's rookie numbers those are, jack?

exstatic
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM

7.6 Points
1.9 Rebounds
1.3 assists
1.58 turnovers
.3 blocks
In 15.5 minutes

He's already been Dirk-scoffed. I don't expect him to acknowledge it this time when he ignored it last.

TinTin
11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
First of all Lebron played 40 mpg in his rookie year precisely because his team knew he could become a superstar level player.

That made me want to look at stats...if you take Lebron's rookie year and give him DeJuan's minutes, he averages 7.73 points and 2.03 rebounds per game...Blair's close to that on points and more than double that in rebounds. Want to compare someone in his position? Let's take the guy who's probably the best PF in the league right now, and probably your fave, Dirk Nowitzki...take his rookie numbers and give him Blair's minutes, he gets 5.87 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. NOW do you see the hype? Take Dirk's entire career, and give him Blair's minutes, he averages 9.1 points and 3.43 rebounds per game.

So if you can quote the guy, why can't you quote his very next post?

Man everyone is a troll nowadays

duhoh
11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
lol at Spurs fan hyping on one of their own players in a Spurs message board. Oh the nerve of it all.

I can see your point Mavs fan. I mean really...what do they talk about on a Mav's site? Rookie players compared to vets? Missing trophies? Dust?

:lmao

/thread

Interrohater
11-28-2009, 01:18 PM

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/p/pooh_bear_owned-12245.jpg

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM

ah..so everyone knows when someone is going to be a superstar player? It's not possible for someone to sneak up there? Jeez...Guess Manu and Tony aren't superstars...I guess Scottie Pippen and John Stockton sucked...Bill Laimbeer, Karl Malone? Horrible.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/p/pooh_bear_owned-12245.jpg

Well that's ONE cure for swine flu.

K-State Spur
11-28-2009, 01:24 PM

I agree.

In the two meetings with the Spurs this year, despite the fact that the Spurs were missing 2 of their big 3 for both those meetings - the Mavs looked nothing short of stellar. Even though they got shellacked by a team without Duncan & Parker and needed OT to eek by a team without Parker & Ginobili - they looked nothing short of stellar. "Great" i tell you "great!"

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 01:24 PM
Well that's ONE cure for swine flu.
ouch

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Maybe this will teach Mav fan to come onto the Spurs Forum to bash a Spur...lol

wut
11-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure we're 14 games into the season.....

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 02:25 PM

7.6 Points
1.9 Rebounds
1.3 assists
1.58 turnovers
.3 blocks
In 15.5 minutes

So you're suggesting that Blair is going to turn out to be a franchise player?

Interrohater
11-28-2009, 02:29 PM

I'd like to suggest that you have no idea if he'll turn into a franchise player. He's a Spur, so Spurs fans are excited about him. Is that really all that hard to digest?

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I'd like to suggest that you have no idea if he'll turn into a franchise player. He's a Spur, so Spurs fans are excited about him. Is that really all that hard to digest?

The level of excitement is what's hard to digest. If the hope is that he's a Paul Millsap then OK, that's not out of the question. But it seems like some are expecting him to be Charles Barkley.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Whose numbers are those, jack?

I'm not suggesting anything, other than 9 games into a rookie's career is just a bit too early to judge his overall ability to excel in the NBA, especially when said player has been extremely effective in very limited minutes.

mazerrackham
11-28-2009, 02:46 PM
The level of excitement is what's hard to digest. If the hope is that he's a Paul Millsap then OK, that's not out of the question. But it seems like some are expecting him to be Charles Barkley.

God forbid people be optimistic. That's just flat out inconceivable. But this Beaubois on the other hand, he's going to be the next Chris Paul...

Interrohater
11-28-2009, 02:55 PM

Well if this excitement is hard to digest, might I suggest eating something else?

How can it be hard to digest if you're making a conscious effort to come in here and read this? Do you continuously eat at McDonald's if you hate their food?

Ah, I understand now, you're one of those people that loves misery. Therefore, you'll keep going to McDonald's just to keep pointing out how bad their food is. However, our food has won multiple awards and is recognized as some of the greatest in the world, while your restaurant of choice constantly underachieves and has been cited for health violations.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Whose numbers are those, jack?

I'm not suggesting anything, other than 9 games into a rookie's career is just a bit too early to judge his overall ability to excel in the NBA, especially when said player has been extremely effective in very limited minutes.

I don't disagree. But it's also ridiculous to expect that a player goes from those kinds of numbers to a superstar. It does happen once in a blue moon, as it did with Dirk. But most of the time you just get a serviceable player.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't disagree. But it's also ridiculous to expect that a player goes from those kinds of numbers to a superstar. It does happen once in a blue moon, as it did with Dirk. But most of the time you just get a serviceable player.

And what about DeJaun Blair's college career suggests that he'll be "serviceable"?

It's equally as ridiculous to make a thread about how a player is overhyped 9 games into his career posting extremely respectable production numbers in on a team known for running extremely complicated offensive and defensive schemes.

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 04:29 PM
No one's expecting anything out of Blair...we've said from the beginning that we don't expect him to be a superstar..we want him to fill in important minutes...and that's what he's done...But to say a guy is overrated when he's played 1/10 of his rookie season and only 14 minutes a game is just sad, and obviously representative of a hater.

spurspokesman
11-28-2009, 04:37 PM

U still suck. Keep the hate coming.oh by the way. Blair will be leaps and bounds ahead of humpty dumpty. Book it.

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
No one's expecting anything out of Blair...we've said from the beginning that we don't expect him to be a superstar..we want him to fill in important minutes...and that's what he's done...But to say a guy is overrated when he's played 1/10 of his rookie season and only 14 minutes a game is just sad, and obviously representative of a hater.

I never said over-rated. I said over-hyped. And I'm not a hater. I hope he maximizes his potential.

BOHOLANO#21
11-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Jack get off. You are owned many times. You haven't answered the posts that obviously owned you. What an idiot you!

DBMethos
11-28-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r287/feanor_album/obvious_troll.jpg

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I never said over-rated. I said over-hyped. And I'm not a hater. I hope he maximizes his potential.

What's his salary?

What are his numbers per 40?

How many games has he played in the NBA so far?

Uh, yeah. I'm still going to go with, "Wow, we got a hell of a player for the 37th overall pick in the draft."

K-State Spur
11-28-2009, 06:47 PM

really? outside of a few posts that are intentionally offering hyperbole, show me where one legit poster has claimed he'll be a top 5 PF of all-time.

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 06:53 PM
really? outside of a few posts that are intentionally offering hyperbole, show me where one legit poster has claimed he'll be a top 5 PF of all-time.

:lmao

Yeah. Right now the Spurs would be happy if Blair becomes a Malik Rose or Nazr Mohammed (with better hands) type player.

easy7
11-28-2009, 06:56 PM
This is just too easy. :hat

jack0fspeed
11-28-2009, 07:01 PM

Tim Legler apparently thought Blair would be a difference maker on this team:

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091123

West Playoff Forecast: Thunder In, Spurs Out
By Tim Legler
ESPN.com

Four weeks of action in the 2009-10 NBA season have given us a good outline of how this season might play out. In fact, I've changed my projection of how I initially saw the field of playoff teams in the West. The Dallas Mavericks in particular have moved up. This team is playing with a lot of energy, getting guys to buy into roles. Notably, Jason Kidd has transformed himself into a consistent 3-point shooter, something you couldn't say about him in his last season in New Jersey. That shooting has helped open up the offense and spread the floor. On the downside, the San Antonio Spurs have looked so disinterested, they actually moved out of the playoffs. I thought the additions of Richard Jefferson and DeJuan Blair would give them some energy, along with Manu Ginobili being healthy (he's not). But the Spurs, who moved back to .500 with a win Monday over Milwaukee, have not played with a whole lot of passion. Still, we've learned not to write the final book on them until spring. Come April, here's how I see the Western Conference playoff seeds playing out from 1 to 8:

Interrohater
11-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh cool. I didn't realize that Legler logs onto Spurstalk and adds to the "hype". It's also cool that you think Legler would read your post and respond to it, since you're calling out the "over-hypers", yet you've only mentioned him. Seriously dude, get lost.

As someone said before, this reeks of jealousy. You were obviously upset that the Spurs had picked up a great player that deep in the draft. Now that his numbers are not mind-blowing, you've come here to gloat.

Don't worry, jackOfspeed, there's still plenty of time for this thread to blow up in your face.

Biggems
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Plus, Blair is doing this in the Spurs system, notoriously a system that takes a good year or so to completely adapt to. It is probably even more difficult for a rookie.

I anticipate that in the 2nd half of the season, Blair will be averaging 20 mpg, 8 ppg, 10 rpg, 1 bpg, and 5 fouls per game.

lennyalderette
11-28-2009, 10:25 PM
even if you found a guy to compare him to, which you cant just yet,BECAUSE HES ONLY BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 2 FUCKING MONTHS RETARD!!!!!! WAIT THE SEASON OUT BEFORE YOU GET SO NERVOUS ABOUT OUR 2ND ROUND GENIUS PICKS!!!!

Spursfan092120
11-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Tim Legler apparently thought Blair would be a difference maker on this team:

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-091123

West Playoff Forecast: Thunder In, Spurs Out
By Tim Legler
ESPN.com

Four weeks of action in the 2009-10 NBA season have given us a good outline of how this season might play out. In fact, I've changed my projection of how I initially saw the field of playoff teams in the West. The Dallas Mavericks in particular have moved up. This team is playing with a lot of energy, getting guys to buy into roles. Notably, Jason Kidd has transformed himself into a consistent 3-point shooter, something you couldn't say about him in his last season in New Jersey. That shooting has helped open up the offense and spread the floor. On the downside, the San Antonio Spurs have looked so disinterested, they actually moved out of the playoffs. I thought the additions of Richard Jefferson and DeJuan Blair would give them some energy, along with Manu Ginobili being healthy (he's not). But the Spurs, who moved back to .500 with a win Monday over Milwaukee, have not played with a whole lot of passion. Still, we've learned not to write the final book on them until spring. Come April, here's how I see the Western Conference playoff seeds playing out from 1 to 8:
saying he'll give them some energy and saying he'll be a difference maker are two different things..and obviously you haven't watched the Spurs...he has brought energy to the court.

Spursmania
11-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Once again, Mav fans showing off their BB IQ...:rolleyes

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 12:16 AM
saying he'll give them some energy and saying he'll be a difference maker are two different things..and obviously you haven't watched the Spurs...he has brought energy to the court.

I'll say this..... that reverse he made last night was absolutely sweet. He is incredibly agile for a guy of his size, composition, and position.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
:lol Humphries

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread.

Blair has 11 and 10 tonight through just over 3 quarters, with a few blocks in the mix for good measure.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread.

Blair has 11 and 10 tonight through just over 3 quarters, with a few blocks in the mix for good measure.
:hat

Marcus Bryant
11-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Kris Humphries? You fucking moron.

SKINNYPIMP210
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
:lol Humphries

:lol

Manufan909
11-29-2009, 10:45 PM
I only saw the third block, which was nothing to brag about considering it was on a driving Kapono, but the two I missed were absolutely sick.

GSH
11-30-2009, 08:13 AM
...i've been hearing what geniuses spurs management were for "stealing" blair in the second round. Furthermore all offseason the talk was of how great the spurs did.

...The level of excitement is what's hard to digest.

...I never said over-rated. I said over-hyped.

Okay, now I get it. You're jealous because the Spurs and their players get so much attention, and have such high expectations. Meanwhile, nobody outside of Dalass is going on about their high expectations for the Mavs this season. I think that's what's known as Empty Rafter Syndroms. And, yeah, I can see how that could be "hard to digest" for a Mavs fan.

How about starting another thread about a player who is both over-rated AND over-hyped? Say... Nitwitzki?

exstatic
11-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Okay, now I get it. You're jealous because the Spurs and their players get so much attention, and have such high expectations. Meanwhile, nobody outside of Dalass is going on about their high expectations for the Mavs this season. I think that's what's known as Empty Rafter Syndroms. And, yeah, I can see how that could be "hard to digest" for a Mavs fan.

How about starting another thread about a player who is both over-rated AND over-hyped? Say... Nitwitzki?

/thread

Cry Havoc
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM

You were good until the last sentence. Dirk is an amazing player. If there's a guy that's overrated on that Mavs team, it's Terry.

EmptyMan
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Have you homers even watched many Mavs games this year? Humphries is a legit athletic STRONG big man.

Him paired with TD on the defensive end would be a hell of a lot stouter than Blair/TD. Much love to Blair but facts are facts. :bang

Cry Havoc
01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
:toast

Sisk
01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
28 points
21 rebounds
:flag:

Refocus
01-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Awww yeah!

Mr. Body
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Have you homers even watched many Mavs games this year? Humphries is a legit athletic STRONG big man.

Him paired with TD on the defensive end would be a hell of a lot stouter than Blair/TD. Much love to Blair but facts are facts. :bang

Wow.

EricB
01-15-2010, 01:12 AM
:lol

the same humpries that dallas unloaded for the carcas of Eddie Najera.

wildbill2u
01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't remember where they were drafted but Houston has two rookies--Chase Budinger and David Anderson-- that are in the same neighborhood as Blair in PPG and one in avg. rebounds per game. And their per rating is pretty close.

I don't think either has had a 20/20 night, but they are going to be solid contributors.

There are several steals out there among the rookies this year.

Cry Havoc
01-15-2010, 01:41 AM
I don't remember where they were drafted but Houston has two rookies--Chase Budinger and David Anderson-- that are in the same neighborhood as Blair in PPG and one in avg. rebounds per game. And their per rating is pretty close.

I don't think either has had a 20/20 night, but they are going to be solid contributors.

What's their MPG?

Blair is averaging 7 and 6 in 15 minutes this year.

Obviously you can't extrapolate that over an entire game... or can you? 28 and 21 says maybe.

Either way, he's averaging 21 and 18 per 45 minutes. Pretty freaking amazing, and if he continues to improve he's a lock to be one of the top 3 rookies this year, if not RotY.

Btw, he's shooting 57.1% :flag:

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm pretty sure EmptyMan was being sarcastic/making fun of the Mavs..

narmerguy
01-15-2010, 02:30 AM
What's their MPG?

Obviously you can't extrapolate that over an entire game... or can you? 28 and 21 says maybe.

Either way, he's averaging 21 and 18 per 45 minutes. Pretty freaking amazing, and if he continues to improve he's a lock to be one of the top 3 rookies this year, if not RotY.

No way. He'll never win something like that against the likes of some of those rookies like jennings where they're the primary scoring option for the team.

HarlemHeat37
01-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Tyreke Evans has it locked IMO..

Blair will make the all-rookie 1st team though, that would be a great accomplishment for a 2nd round pick..

Cry Havoc
01-15-2010, 02:54 AM
No way. He'll never win something like that against the likes of some of those rookies like jennings where they're the primary scoring option for the team.

Depends. If Blair has a few more 20-20 games (or even close), he'll at least be in the running. You're probably right though, the 1-2 position has been mostly decided.

Agloco
01-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Talk about getting owned.......

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Budinger was taken 44th last year
Andersen was taken 36th in 2002

Agloco
01-15-2010, 11:53 AM
What's their MPG?

Buddinger - 7.8 and 2.8 in 17.9 mpg
Andersen - 5.9 and 3.1 in 14.6 mpg

I guarantee that neither Andersen or Buddinger go off for 30 and 20 at any point in their careers (yeah it WAS a 30/20 game..... godamm refs.)

Agloco
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Budinger was taken 44th last year
Andersen was taken 36th in 2002

He's an NBA rook.....

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_andersen/index.html?nav=page

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
[/B][/COLOR]

He's an NBA rook.....

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/david_andersen/index.html?nav=page

Yeah I know. Doesn't it say something though that he was taken 7 years ago and is just playing now?

Agloco
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah I know. Doesn't it say something though that he was taken 7 years ago and is just playing now?

Agreed. I not arguing his value, just the point of comparison. It's valid in the context of "rookie vs rookie".

Bukefal
01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
:rollin humphries

Nice one.

TheProfessor
01-15-2010, 12:02 PM
It says that the Atlanta Hawks were holding his rights hostage while he wanted to come over. He could have been a contributing NBA player a while ago.

Shastafarian
01-15-2010, 12:16 PM
It says that the Atlanta Hawks were holding his rights hostage while he wanted to come over. He could have been a contributing NBA player a while ago.

I admittedly don't know enough about his situation but good players usually get some kind of offers. I'll put it this way. If a guy like Blair was overseas and his rights were owned by team a, and teams b-z didn't think highly enough of him to offer anything good, how good could Blair possibly be? Then again maybe the Hawks were asking a king's ransom. I honestly don't know.

rascal
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Blair is good and is the steal of the draft. He needs more playing time.

Kool Bob Love
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM

:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:ro llin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rol lin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin