PDA

View Full Version : Wallace: Flopping is all Turkododo does. Lol

LakeShow
11-28-2009, 10:32 AM
:lol @ Turkododo

Wallace: Flopping watering down NBA

Associated Press

BOSTON -- The way Rasheed Wallace (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=883) sees it, his latest technical foul call was a flop.

“ http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/883.jpg Let the Golden Child [LeBron James] do that, or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it's all fine and dandy.
” -- Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace on flopping in the NBA The Boston Celtics (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=bos) big man said Friday night that Raptors forward Hedo Turkoglu (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=862) duped the referees into giving Wallace his fifth technical of the season by flopping.

"They've got to know that he's a [darn] flopper. That's all Turkododo do," Wallace said after the Celtics beat the Raptors 116-103. "Flopping shouldn't get you nowhere. He acts like I shot him.

"That's not basketball, man. That's not defense. That's garbage, what it is. I'm glad I don't have too much of it left."

Commissioner David Stern has complained about flopping because it's a way to fool the officials, but the league has been unable to find a way to punish or prevent it.

Wallace is the NBA's career leader with 296 technicals and 29 ejections, according to STATS LLC. But he said some of it is because of his reputation and lack of status in the league.

"Let the Golden Child [LeBron James (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1966)] do that, or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it's all fine and dandy," he said.

"This game is watered down, watered down with all that flopping. They're setting rules on us to the point where you're taunting if you dunk on somebody. Paul dunked it and then he didn't say nothing, but it's a tech."
Pierce was called for a technical after he dunked on Chris Bosh (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1977) and sent him to the floor. Pierce hovered over Bosh as he remained on the ground, apparently injured.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4694898

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
lol! I just saw it too!

Thunder Dan
11-28-2009, 10:50 AM
he should watch his teammate Paul Peirce. All he does is flop, he flails his head back any time someone touches him to try to draw fouls.

...and he leaves the floor in a wheel chair and is back the next game

LakeShow
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
he should watch his teammate Paul Peirce. All he does is flop, he flails his head back any time someone touches him to try to draw fouls.

Paul's a Slob. Fuck him. :ihit

Pistons < Spurs
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
"They've got to know that he's a [darn] flopper. That's all Turkododo do"

:lol

LakeShow
11-28-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't know why I went politically correct with the title. Turkododo do is hilarious. :lol

Dunc n Dave
11-28-2009, 12:43 PM

Next game??? Try next half! Seriously, Pierce was trying to do his best Willis Reed impression that game, only no one was buyin the act...

duhoh
11-28-2009, 12:47 PM
i haven't seen turk knee a man in his junk though. . .

yet?

hitmanyr2k
11-28-2009, 06:15 PM

That's the first thought that came to my mind as well. Pierce is one of the biggest offensive floppers in the NBA. He dribbles into defenders and then snaps his neck back like he was shot in the head :lol It kills me that the refs fall for that shit so much.

carrao45
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM

...and he leaves the floor in a wheel chair and comes back In the same game
Fixed it for you

Chef Boyardee
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
That team of has beens will be irrelevant soon, so the're taking their shots while people still care what they say. This is their last year to do/say anything.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
If Pierce's wheelchair thing had such a dramatic effect on his team, I'm surprised more players don't do it :rolleyes

ploto
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
- On Rasheed Wallace's comments about him flopping in the game: "You'll have to tell the referees. They call the foul... I'ts not me that calls the foul, you'll have to ask the officials. They are making the calls. We all play basketball." -- Hedo

http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/archive/2009/11/28/we-re-talking-about-practice-saturday-november-28th-2009.aspx

benefactor
11-28-2009, 11:08 PM
lol Sheed

duhoh
11-28-2009, 11:08 PM
That team of has beens will be irrelevant soon, so the're taking their shots while people still care what they say. This is their last year to do/say anything.

troof

PGDynasty24
11-28-2009, 11:53 PM
rasheed has one of the biggest floppers in the league in Paulina Wheel-Chair Pierce and he's complaining about flops?

LnGrrrR
11-29-2009, 12:14 AM
I love all the Celtics hate. Wasn't there just a thread last week where it was determined that Hedo was the biggest flopper in the league? But now Sheed says it and you rip him and Pierce. :lol

alchemist
11-29-2009, 04:17 AM
I love all the Celtics hate. Wasn't there just a thread last week where it was determined that Hedo was the biggest flopper in the league? But now Sheed says it and you rip him and Pierce. :lol
What's funny is how he calls out a flopper but fails to mention the one on his team. This would be like Timmy calling out Scola for flopping when Manu does the same shit.

Sheed needs to stop being a fucking hypocrite. So do Celtics fans :wakeup

KSeal
11-29-2009, 04:36 AM
I'd much rather have a flopper on my team then a lazy fat ass who just chucks up three balls at a horrid clip all day.

Capt Bringdown
11-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Another THC-fueled tirade from Sheed, nothing new.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 09:55 AM

I don't have a problem with what Sheed said. I thought it was funny. Pierce is another story. He clowned the Lakers when the Celtics defeated them. Claiming to be the best player in the league, flashing gang signs, blah, blah blah. I hate him. I want to see a Celtics\Lakers finals so Artest can lock him up and beat him down. I want Phil to give Artest the green light when defending Paul and when the Lakers win, Artest should get in face and flash a crip sign. :ihit

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Sheed is right.

The nba is watered down.

Pistons < Spurs
11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
By the way, the league office is reviewing Wallace’s comments from Friday night. He criticized officials, saying, “Everyone knows they try to keep games close and that they keep scouting reports on guys. Let the Golden Child or the NBA Without Borders Guys do it, and it’s fine and dandy.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1215266

Cane
11-29-2009, 11:40 AM
And all Wallace does is bitch. Fuck both of these clowns.

hitmanyr2k
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Sheed is right.

The nba is watered down.

I agree with Sheed that the league is watered down even if he is a hypocrite for pointing out Hedo when his own teammate is just as bad. The sad thing is the NBA is full of floppers and flailers today. It's not just the lesser players (like Varejao) that do it and even then he mainly flops on defense. It seems a lot of all-star and elite players have also incorporated flopping into their offensive games and it's sickening to watch because it's already bad enough that defenders have been handcuffed on the perimeter so that they're at the offensive player's mercy.

As mentioned before Paul Pierce has perfected dribbling into his defender and snapping his neck back like he got shot to get a foul call. Chris Paul flops CONSTANTLY and then has the nerve to glare at the defender with the tough guy act. Wade flails and glares at the ref if he doesn't get the call. Anytime Kobe gets in trouble he flails his arms and screams "HEY" at the top of his lungs like he's getting murdered and I noticed his teammates Odom and Gasol have picked up the same disgusting habit. Carlos Boozer flails and screams "AND 1". That shit gets annoying...especially when it's followed up with a whistle.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like that big of a flop..at least not big enough for Rasheed to lose his head over..

jeQiyy1dB8w

Rip-Hamilton32
11-29-2009, 11:55 AM
not really a big flop but its a terrible call because he did flop

LnGrrrR
11-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I can understand the Pierce hate. I just thought it was funny that everyone agreed Peja was a huge flopper a week ago, Sheed mentions it, and it's mostly ripping on Sheed and Pierce. :lol

for the record, I don't mind if the best player on a team is egotistical... Usually it takes that kind of ego and drive to win.

iggypop123
11-29-2009, 09:29 PM
wallace should look at his team for candidates . people have beat pierce to death cause its true but how about KG:

2Ttn2o43Bug
CH_esVWWZqU

duncan228
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
‘Sheed Fined For Postgame Ref Complaints (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-sheedfinedforpostgam&prov=tsn&type=lgns)
SportingNews

Boston Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace has been fined $30,000 by the NBA for publicly criticizing officials after his team’s 116-103 win over the Toronto Raptors on Friday night.

Wallace accused Hedo Turkoglu of flopping while reacting after the game to a technical foul called on him in the second quarter.

"They’ve got to know that he’s a damn flopper," Wallace said. "That’s all Turkododo do. Flopping shouldn’t get you nowhere. He acts like I shot him.

"That’s not basketball, man. That’s not defense. That’s garbage, what it is. I’m glad I don’t have too much of it left."

Wallace was also upset that teammate Paul Pierce was called for a technical foul after staring down Paul Pierce following a fourth-quarter dunk.

"This game is watered down, watered down with all that flopping. They’re setting rules on us to the point where you’re taunting if you dunk on somebody. Paul dunked it and then he didn’t say nothing, but it’s a tech.

"Let the Golden Child [LeBron James] do that. Or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it’s all fine and dandy."

After a Celtics victory Sunday over the Miami Heat, Wallace said he planned to appeal the fine and seemed ready to elaborate on his grievances before biting his tongue.

"I’m definitely going to appeal that. I mean, what did I say wrong?" Wallace said. "You know, if they don’t want … No, I ain’t going to do that," Wallace said to reporters.

djohn2oo8
11-30-2009, 01:23 PM
And to think Spurs fans wanted Sheed

Bender
11-30-2009, 02:43 PM
And to think Spurs fans wanted Sheed
nothing wrong with stating your opinion. Other players are too chickenshit to do it, even if they think it's true.

"Let the Golden Child [LeBron James] do that. Or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it’s all fine and dandy."
so that's not true? or maybe the NBA just doesn't want people dwelling on it.