PDA

View Full Version : points per possesion stats

stretch
11-28-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.basketballgeek.com/tools/nba-power-rankings/

good way to really gauge the efficiency of the offenses/defenses around the league

mavs are looking pretty solid. hopefully they keep it up.

lmao @ suns, do those chodes ever learn that you cant just run-and-gun your way to victory? gotta at least play a LITTLE defense. but i will say, they have definitely suprised me. i didnt think their offense would be this good. steve nash is amazing.

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 11:12 AM
steve nash is amazing.

All he had to do was sabotage Porter & the Suns till he got his way, the rat bastard.

Thunder Dan
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
I've learned after last year that I don't give a shit about the regular season and regular season stats. It's a really good feeling. Last year I was hanging on Hollinger's rankins and all the differential bullshit stats. I don't care anymore. Just saying

Ghazi
11-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Mavs are 2nd in differential, 4th in defense, and 7th in offense right now... hope they can sustain that level of D... last year the D faded as the year went along (although the O picked up).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-28-2009, 01:43 PM
lmao @ suns, do those chodes ever learn that you cant just run-and-gun your way to victory? gotta at least play a LITTLE defense. but i will say, they have definitely suprised me. i didnt think their offense would be this good. steve nash is amazing.

This would be true if the Suns goal was to win a title.

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 05:09 PM
Of course they won't admit to that goal. Then they'd have to aspire to an end. This way they can just "remain humble", goose the point differential via frenzied bottom feeding, and satiate Nash's ego.

Xylus
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Got a question about the points per possession stat.

If a team gets a couple of offensive rebounds on one trip down the court, allowing them multiple opportunities to score, is that considered one possession? Or is it considered a new possession once an offensive rebound is secured?

Allanon
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Got a question about the points per possession stat.

If a team gets a couple of offensive rebounds on one trip down the court, allowing them multiple opportunities to score, is that considered one possession? Or is it considered a new possession once an offensive rebound is secured?

I don't know about how those rankings are counted but in regular conversation, multiple offensive rebounds are still the same possession.

RonMexico
11-30-2009, 11:26 PM
That's because Robin Lopez hasn't been in and he's the obvious key to the defense.

ElNono
11-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Mavs are 2nd in differential, 4th in defense, and 7th in offense right now... hope they can sustain that level of D... last year the D faded as the year went along (although the O picked up).

I just hope Rick keeps playing Barea in crunch time and JJ keeps on destroying a night's worth of defensive work in 3 posessions. All this while Roddy watches from the bench.