PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Ariza

j-money24
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Rockets Fans, if Artest was a ballhog last year for you guys. How about Ariza???
Averaging 18 points on 17 shots attempts per game and shooting a miserable 38% from the field. While Artest playing his role and fitting perfectly with this Laker team, and shutting down the other team's best player and i still see idiots saying Ariza>Artest.

Donkeybong
11-28-2009, 04:42 PM
ariza is shooting horribly this season, but rockets were stupid to make him a go to scorer.

21_Blessings
11-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Hope you enjoyed your second round exit Rocket fan. Because that's not happening again without Ron. :lol

Def Rowe
11-28-2009, 05:02 PM
ariza is shooting horribly this season, but rockets were stupid to make him a go to scorer.

Exactly, the guys a role player that moves well without the ball.

Weren't there a lot of Rox fans talking about "you'll see, Ariza is way better than Ron Artest!" like a month ago?

all_heart
11-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Ariza>Artest especially over the long haul. You guys are forgetting what Ariza did for you last playoffs.. He's not a go to guy yet, but he's a great role player/defender that really worked for the Lakers last year.

Indazone
11-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Ariza will never be a go to guy. I have seen him play enough games to know he can't put the ball in the hole with any consistancy. The Lakers were using him perfectly off the bench. Artest at least brings the defense. Both Ariza/Artest are streaky horrible shooters but at least Artest is a bit more consistant and brings an attitude with him. Ariza is another word for big skinny gangly wannabe.

Indazone
11-28-2009, 05:19 PM
In fact, if the Rockets want to give a guy a green light, they should start Landry and give that guy the green light.

JamStone
11-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Well, if they had Yao healthy, Ariza wouldn't have to be the #1 option. And, if T-Mac returns, he won't be. It's not like the Rockets paid Ariza max money or even anywhere close to max money. They got him at the MLE. Still a good deal, imo, especially for duration of his contract. Artest fits fine in LA, but he's better with the Lakers than he would be having to carry the Rockets team. Artest wouldn't be doing much better if at all if he were still with the Rockets.

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Well, if they had Yao healthy, Ariza wouldn't have to be the #1 option. And, if T-Mac returns, he won't be. It's not like the Rockets paid Ariza max money or even anywhere close to max money. They got him at the MLE. Still a good deal, imo, especially for duration of his contract. Artest fits fine in LA, but he's better with the Lakers than he would be having to carry the Rockets team. Artest wouldn't be doing much better if at all if he were still with the Rockets.

Yeah, & IF Joe Dumars could pry his head twixt the cheeks of his ass you wouldn't have a room for yerselves just down the way.

JamStone
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Cool, Cul.

Is there a Boston Celtic's messageboard where Laker fans have their own section called "Daddy's bitches?"

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
Cool, Cul.

Is there a Boston Celtic's messageboard where Laker fans have their own section called "Daddy's bitches?"

Nope, just the one here for you guys, courtesy of the Spurs.

Indazone
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Face it, Ariza is not a go to guy. He's a role player. Perhaps a bust at that.

pauls931
11-28-2009, 06:36 PM
You have to be careful trading for role players from elite teams. Much of the time they're a product of the system or negligence of defenses having to worry about core players on the team. Think Steve Kerr, Shawn Marion, Tony Kukoc, etc...

JJ Hickson
11-28-2009, 07:08 PM

:lmao I've never seen culburn own somebody like that.

j.dizzle
11-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Exactly..when ariza wasn't on the court with Kobe & Pau he was just an average player..he hustled a lot & was good for the Lakers at causing turnovers on defense. he can't dribble & LA never needed him to create his own shot so most of his points came off wide open shots or dunks.

21_Blessings
11-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Face it, Ariza is not a go to guy. He's a role player.

No fucking shit. Tell us something we didn't know for years.

Perhaps a bust at that.

A bust because the franchise is forcing him to carry the team offensively when he's not that type of player?

21_Blessings
11-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Exactly..when ariza wasn't on the court with Kobe & Pau he was just an average player..he hustled a lot & was good for the Lakers at causing turnovers on defense. he can't dribble & LA never needed him to create his own shot so most of his points came off wide open shots or dunks.

Nah. Ariza is definitely an elite roleplayer. That's far from average.

Kai
11-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't know what the fuck kind of expectations you thought us Rockets fans had (at least not the stupid ones), but for $5.5 mil a year, we were in no way expecting anything other than a good role player who plays hard. Which is exactly what we have.

We have the guy locked up for 5 years. The plan is to have a championship caliber roster in that time, with Ariza playing a nice role in it. Artest is older and stupid as shit. He did not fit with the plan, as anyone in the world could figure out. We have a young core with Yao coming back next year, and the highest paid player in the NBA expiring just in time for the biggest free agency offseason in the history of the league.

If you'd like to know why he's shooting like he is, take a look at the (active) roster. Would he be taking the same amount of shots with Yao and Tracy on the team? NO. Would he be taking the same quality shots with Yao and Tracy on the team? HELL NO. He would be benefiting greatly from the pressure taken off with our stars on the court, just look at his time with the Lakers.

Regardless of all the bullshit, I still think Trevor is playing better than his contract, and I enjoy watching him play. There's no way I'd take Artest back over him.

supermana
11-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Lol butt hurt lakers fans
Lol rapist

Indazone
11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I have no expectations of him other than a role player. Never did.

That being said, no way should he be getting starter minutes over Landry. He shouldn't be jacking up that many shots. In fact Adleman needs to make some changes and rein him in.

sribb43
11-28-2009, 08:48 PM
He played with Kobe to much....if tmac and Yao were ever healthy ( :lmao ) he would be a great complimentary piece but he never will so it was a wasted signing IMO

21_Blessings
11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
He played with Kobe to much....if tmac and Yao were ever healthy ( :lmao ) he would be a great complimentary piece but he never will so it was a wasted signing IMO

Not really. He'll replace Battier.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
T-Mac is T-Mac but I'd take him as the go to player over Ariza. Any Rocket fan declaring him a bust is retarded. IMO he's done pretty good job being a player he's never been.

duhoh
11-28-2009, 09:19 PM

:lol

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 09:21 PM
IMO he's done pretty good job being a player he's never been.

& he's happier than a pig in shit. Shootin' whenever he gets a mind to. It's like intramural basketball for him with a grand stipend every two weeks.

Indazone
11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
& he's happier than a pig in shit. Shootin' whenever he gets a mind to. It's like intramural basketball for him with a grand stipend every two weeks.

:depressed

Danny.Zhu
11-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Ariza has the second biggest paycheck on the team that plays. And Shane doesn't shoot a lot.

So If Ariza shouldn't shoot that much, who should?

all_heart
11-28-2009, 11:08 PM

Finally a good one from Culburn :lol

All these Laker fans shittin on Ariza are ridiculous. If Ariza traded spots, Laker fans would be slobbering all over his knob! The biggest reason IMO that LA was better off w/Ariza than Artest is that at least Ariza could come off the bench for Kobe, Kobe has no half-decent/legitimate backup 2 guard that can sub for him... Kobe is going to get his ass tired out or hurt by playoffs, it's a real possibility considering all the minutes he's logged the past 2 years.

weebo
11-28-2009, 11:22 PM
Finally a good one from Culburn :lol

All these Laker fans shittin on Ariza are ridiculous. If Ariza traded spots, Laker fans would be slobbering all over his knob! The biggest reason IMO that LA was better off w/Ariza than Artest is that at least Ariza could come off the bench for Kobe, Kobe has no half-decent/legitimate backup 2 guard that can sub for him... Kobe is going to get his ass tired out or hurt by playoffs, it's a real possibility considering all the minutes he's logged the past 2 years.

Not long ago these same laker fans were touting ariza as the next coming of scottie pippen. Now he's a bust? :hat

Culburn369
11-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Not long ago these same laker fans were touting ariza as the next coming of scottie pippen. Now he's a bust? :hat

A constant diet of 6 for 21 will do that.

Allanon
11-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Lakers got the better end of the deal with this trade.

Laker Ron's still playing like an elite defender while keeping the team from fooling around. Can't wait to see the job Ron does on Pierce and LeBron. Ron's far more talented than Ariza.

The Rockets also got a good deal so I suppose both sides are quite happy.

iggypop123
11-29-2009, 02:03 AM
they didnt get ariza for this yr. if they did they are stupid they are banking on the fact he is young and should improve. lakers are all about now. in 5 yrs sure ariza at 30 better than 35 yr old artest but today artest>> ariza

Donkeybong
11-29-2009, 02:03 AM
Ariza never came off the bench for Kobe even once, that's why Sasha got so many minutes. Shannon is better than Ariza, which is why Sasha gets no minutes now. Luke had to beg the coach to let Ariza start. He was a scrub that was on a great team, now he's a scrub on a scrub team.

bro. ariza isnt a scrub. he single-handedly help us seal two playoff wins. He's the real deal. He's just not a volume scorer that the rockets are trying to make him out to be. He's a great defensive player who can hit the stand still 3 or get out in the open court. He's not the type of player who handles the ball in offensive sets.

baseline bum
11-29-2009, 02:05 AM
You have to be careful trading for role players from elite teams. Much of the time they're a product of the system or negligence of defenses having to worry about core players on the team. Think Steve Kerr, Shawn Marion, Tony Kukoc, etc...

When did Marion ever play for an elite team? The Heat were way past their title when they traded for him.

Allanon
11-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Good stuff from Ron, my boy Lamar's gotta pick up on Ron's example:

Defensively, Artest has been fine. He recently said he was playing the best basketball of his 11-year career. He credited Bryant.

"Kobe gets up for everybody. He's actually making me a better player," Artest said. "I feel like I'm better now than I was ever. He's just always going for blood. And I learned that now. That's what I've been doing now when I'm out there."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi29-2009nov29,0,3214692.story

Lars
11-29-2009, 03:45 AM
I think part of the arrangement for Ariza to Houston was to be "featured on offense". Rockets are holding up thier end of the deal, because theres not alot else going on this year. Brooks/Scola/Landry should probably get more shots but W/E. Its all about development this year, so Ariza can shoot till his arms fall off. The better offensive game he develops this year, the better the Rockets will be next year. He really needs to learn how to draw fouls when he drives.

Still think the swap was beneficial for both teams, but only time will tell.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Laker Ron's still playing like an elite defender while keeping the team from fooling around.

Yes. Absolutely dead on accurate.

all_heart
11-29-2009, 09:28 AM
bro. ariza isnt a scrub. he single-handedly help us seal two playoff wins. He's the real deal. He's just not a volume scorer that the rockets are trying to make him out to be. He's a great defensive player who can hit the stand still 3 or get out in the open court. He's not the type of player who handles the ball in offensive sets.

Exactly.. a Laker fan gets it!:wow

all_heart
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM

Laker Ron's still playing like an elite defender while keeping the team from fooling around. Can't wait to see the job Ron does on Pierce and LeBron. Ron's far more talented than Ariza.

Yea, Ron will foul out in 15 minutes.. He can't hold Lebron, he's much too fast for Ron. He'll slow down Pierce but not much, Celtics know how to get him open.

all_heart
11-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Good stuff from Ron, my boy Lamar's gotta pick up on Ron's example:

Defensively, Artest has been fine. He recently said he was playing the best basketball of his 11-year career. He credited Bryant.

"Kobe gets up for everybody. He's actually making me a better player," Artest said. "I feel like I'm better now than I was ever. He's just always going for blood. And I learned that now. That's what I've been doing now when I'm out there."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi29-2009nov29,0,3214692.story

I wouldn't believe every word that comes out of Crazy Ron's mouth! :lol
He's got his head so far up Kobe's ass he can't think straight any more, but he never did anyway!

Double-Up
11-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Ariza is being groomed to take Battier's spot eventually. He's trying to do too much out there and his handles don't permit him to. With Artest you know every team he goes to has the 1 year honeymoon, after that he's gonna start fucking shit up, that's a fact. Also he looks a lot better out there because he doesn't have to defend quick guards anymore like he did here, and playing with Kobe making everyone look better than they are anyways.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-29-2009, 09:41 AM
When did Marion ever play for an elite team? The Heat were way past their title when they traded for him.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao It's funny cause you're implying the Suns were never an elite team how clever :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 10:08 AM
I would never clown a former Laker. In my eyes, Ariza is a Lakers for Life. That said, the Rockets need scoring from someone and they are allowing Ariza to put up a lot of shots. That's not his game. Once Tmac and Yao return and Ariza is able to settle back into his role. He'll be fine.

Kamnik
11-29-2009, 10:33 AM
What the hell are you guys saying?!?

Ariza is a nice guy and a decent role player that go paid like a decent role player. Rockets seem to have great chemistry and a great coach and once they get "healthy" Yao back they might be a serious contendert.

I don't get why all the moaning and bitching. We all know Artest is by default more talented than Ariza but Ariza is surely better in Rocket's long term plans.
Ariza to Rox and Artest to Lakers was good for both teams; Lakers looking at it short term and Rox long term.

No real science and discussion to it...

DaDakota
11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Is there any way we can send him to dribble camp?

He is riding the short bus of dribbling.

DD

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Once Tmac and Yao return

Screwed together egos & feet are leaky vessels upon which to set a sail.

noob cake
11-29-2009, 12:21 PM
The dude is young. He is only on a MLE contract (NOTE THIS IS THE AVERAGE LEAGUE SALARY). He can always be Battier v2 hitting the open 3's and playing defense.

ffadicted
11-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Wow haha :lol :lol :lol

Indazone
11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
The dude is young. He is only on a MLE contract (NOTE THIS IS THE AVERAGE LEAGUE SALARY). He can always be Battier v2 hitting the open 3's and playing defense.

If only he could do that. Hit the open 3.

Disturbed
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Yea, Ron will foul out in 15 minutes.. He can't hold Lebron, he's much too fast for Ron. He'll slow down Pierce but not much, Celtics know how to get him open.

You must have not followed Ron guarding Lebron over the course of his career which is understandable, but it just means you are speaking on something you dont know about. Artest has on average has kept Lebron under his career average FG% 3PFG%, Assists, Reb, PPG, Turnovers higher. Not Saying Lebron might not have huge games since hes just that good, but Lakers have the best that you can throw at him.

I was happy with Artest from the start. Even when everyone was clowning him for shooting so poorly the first few games of the season he was still playing great defense and making great passes in the offense. And now hes shooting the ball well and its climbing with all the open shots he gets right now its at .45% from the field .38% from the 3 point line. Obviously there is alot to gain when you play with such great players that can demand double teams.

I love Ariza I wanted him signed before Lamar before I knew Artest was even available. Hes a young athletic, hustle guy that was improving his skills before our eyes. Its nice for Ariza to get the time and opportunity to improve. Obviously he isnt a great go to scorer. At least not yet. Rockets dont have that many choices right now for that job.

In terms of who got the better of the switch. I always thought Rockets made the right choice letting Artest go regardless if they signed Ariza or not. Once Yao was out and Tmac still recovering whats the point in a older Artest who you would had to pay more then the Lakers paid to keep. Artest only signed with the Lakers for the MLE because the Rockets decided agaisnt resigning him for more. Ariza will have a year to get better for once Yao gets back. And Ariza takes a lesser cap hit then if they would have resigned Artest to what he wanted so they might be able to bring more in.

As for the Lakers. Lakers could have won another Championship with Ariza. Lakers can with another Championship with Artest. They can lose with either. In the now I think Lakers have a better chance with Artest. I love how Artest boxes out guys every time which ive seen Lakers including Ariza not do. And when Ron Artest boxes you out you are gonna feel it. From what ive seen Artest is definitely the better defender the way Artest has played it might not be close in terms of one on one defense. In terms of steals Ariza definitely has the lead there.

Shooting I definitely like Artest's shooting not sure where they stand. Ariza improved alot at the end of last season when he got wide open shots im sure he worked on it all summer. Artest is starting to get in a rhythm now. Obviously now Artest is getting the benefit of the open looks while Ariza may or may not be havent seen many Rockets games. Artest really hasn't got a chance to use his post game but the few times he has its been effective. Ariza didn't have one here he posted up a few times but not really anything to establish any post game with the Lakers.

I never knew Artest was as great of a passer as hes shown so far with the Lakers definitely way ahead of Ariza when Ariza was a Laker, but as a Rocket not sure how much hes improved I saw him makes some nice passes when he played against the lakers this season so he might have upped his game in that category as well. Ariza has and will always have a major advantage attacking the rim with athleticism. Artest can use his body better for contact but has no hops at all. While Ariza can jump out of a gym and posterize people. Thats definitely a different dimension to a game Ariza brings.

Mainly my comparisons are from Ariza as I knew him I know hes gonna improve. As for now and the next 2 to 4 years I think Artest gives the Lakers potentially a better more skilled player. Most knocks on him is his mental state. Definitely a decent point, but im fine with him being wacky because thats him that isnt going to change. I dont expect a big blow out from him to where it would really hurt the team.

KSeal
11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Ariza shooting 5-14 for 10 points :lol When is he going to stop shooting so much, holy shit.

weebo
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Ariza shooting 5-14 for 10 points :lol When is he going to stop shooting so much, holy shit.

It's not like the rockets have an assortment of scorers. Maybe if T-Mac ever gets floor time Ariza won't be so trigger happy.

mystargtr34
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Ariza was a key part of the Lakers last championship ... yet nearly every Lakerfan is trying their hardest to shit on him this year. :lol.

mystargtr34
11-29-2009, 08:40 PM

As the amount of shots your forced to take increases, your % will obviously drop. You should know since Kobe has been at 45% his entire career because of this very reason.

Ariza is still putting up solid numbers, 18-5-3. Once he gets Yao and another wing creator, whether it be T-Mac or someone else through trade, you will see that % go way up, and his attempts go down. Hes still only 24 too, so he has plenty of time to add to his game and become a much better ball handler and finisher.

Banzai
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Ariza was a key part of the Lakers last championship ... yet nearly every Lakerfan is trying their hardest to shit on him this year. :lol.

but not all.

mystargtr34
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
but not all.

I made sure i didnt write all :lol.

You, and surprisingly 21Blessings have been pretty good.

Allanon
11-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Every Lakerfan would love to still have Ariza+Artest.

But we know his limitations...great spot up shooter but not much of a creator.

mystargtr34
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Every Lakerfan would love to still have Ariza+Artest.

But we know his limitations...great spot up shooter but not much of a creator.

I would hardly call Ron a creator, he is a good post player, but you have three of those already in Bynum, Pau and Kobe. Besides, why would you need another creator. Its hard enough as it is to get Bynum and Pau enough touches while putting aside 20+ for Kobe.

Ron has been fine so far, but Ariza was a very good fit, in that he didnt have to create or have the ball to be effective.

j.dizzle
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
what kind of fucking moron would turn down a duo of kobe & artest on the same team..Those guys feed off each other like crazy, its a joy to watch:toast

Double-Up
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Pretty much this whole damn board that it was a joke for the Lakers to let Ariza walk. Look who's laughing now.

We'll have the last laugh before it's all said and done.

iggypop123
11-29-2009, 09:31 PM
i dont think people hate ariza, its just to shut up spurs and other teams fans about how letting ariza go would "doom" the lakers.

KSeal
11-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Ariza 7-23, 1-9 on threes.

He has to start shooting less. That's just terrible. Laundry, Scola and Brooks deserve a lot of those shots.

KSeal
11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
i dont think people hate ariza, its just to shut up spurs and other teams fans about how letting ariza go would "doom" the lakers.

Exactly. I love Trevor, he was my favorite player last year. But all the haters trashed Ron so much and trashed the Lakers for not keeping Ariza I just love how well Ron is working out on both ends of the floor.

blink
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
for one, houston got a different ron artest last year... the lakers have the luxury of having him at a reduced role, the rockets had to watch him chuck up brick after brick as a 1st/2nd option (depending on who was out, yao or tmac)

second, rockets fans are retarded. whoever thinks you can sign a player to MLE money and have allstar tmac like production is dumb or smoking good shit. what ariza is doing now is about what i expected him to do. if you go on clutchfans, you have certifiable nuts thinking ariza can do what tmac has done in terms of points and assists

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
We'll have the last laugh before it's all said and done.

Sure.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM
second, rockets fans are retarded.

Double being the head retard.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Ariza 7-23, 1-9 on threes.

Oh, my.

The Gemini Method
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm thankful for the contributions that Trevor provided the Lakers on their way to the championship. I don't think he's a horrible player--just one who is better in the limited capacity as an integral part of a system where he can pick his spots and make clean-up plays when someone else misses a shot or be the recipient of a pass in the corner for a swing-out 3, not a top scorer who is relied upon to put up volume shots and making a team go on his effort.

Indazone
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Only reason Ariza is on the floor is for the Rockets to get lottery balls.

Indazone
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
You must have not followed Ron guarding Lebron over the course of his career which is understandable, but it just means you are speaking on something you dont know about. Artest has on average has kept Lebron under his career average FG% 3PFG%, Assists, Reb, PPG, Turnovers higher. Not Saying Lebron might not have huge games since hes just that good, but Lakers have the best that you can throw at him.

I was happy with Artest from the start. Even when everyone was clowning him for shooting so poorly the first few games of the season he was still playing great defense and making great passes in the offense. And now hes shooting the ball well and its climbing with all the open shots he gets right now its at .45% from the field .38% from the 3 point line. Obviously there is alot to gain when you play with such great players that can demand double teams.

I love Ariza I wanted him signed before Lamar before I knew Artest was even available. Hes a young athletic, hustle guy that was improving his skills before our eyes. Its nice for Ariza to get the time and opportunity to improve. Obviously he isnt a great go to scorer. At least not yet. Rockets dont have that many choices right now for that job.

In terms of who got the better of the switch. I always thought Rockets made the right choice letting Artest go regardless if they signed Ariza or not. Once Yao was out and Tmac still recovering whats the point in a older Artest who you would had to pay more then the Lakers paid to keep. Artest only signed with the Lakers for the MLE because the Rockets decided agaisnt resigning him for more. Ariza will have a year to get better for once Yao gets back. And Ariza takes a lesser cap hit then if they would have resigned Artest to what he wanted so they might be able to bring more in.

As for the Lakers. Lakers could have won another Championship with Ariza. Lakers can with another Championship with Artest. They can lose with either. In the now I think Lakers have a better chance with Artest. I love how Artest boxes out guys every time which ive seen Lakers including Ariza not do. And when Ron Artest boxes you out you are gonna feel it. From what ive seen Artest is definitely the better defender the way Artest has played it might not be close in terms of one on one defense. In terms of steals Ariza definitely has the lead there.

Shooting I definitely like Artest's shooting not sure where they stand. Ariza improved alot at the end of last season when he got wide open shots im sure he worked on it all summer. Artest is starting to get in a rhythm now. Obviously now Artest is getting the benefit of the open looks while Ariza may or may not be havent seen many Rockets games. Artest really hasn't got a chance to use his post game but the few times he has its been effective. Ariza didn't have one here he posted up a few times but not really anything to establish any post game with the Lakers.

I never knew Artest was as great of a passer as hes shown so far with the Lakers definitely way ahead of Ariza when Ariza was a Laker, but as a Rocket not sure how much hes improved I saw him makes some nice passes when he played against the lakers this season so he might have upped his game in that category as well. Ariza has and will always have a major advantage attacking the rim with athleticism. Artest can use his body better for contact but has no hops at all. While Ariza can jump out of a gym and posterize people. Thats definitely a different dimension to a game Ariza brings.

Mainly my comparisons are from Ariza as I knew him I know hes gonna improve. As for now and the next 2 to 4 years I think Artest gives the Lakers potentially a better more skilled player. Most knocks on him is his mental state. Definitely a decent point, but im fine with him being wacky because thats him that isnt going to change. I dont expect a big blow out from him to where it would really hurt the team.

Artest is a former All-Star..Ariza not so much

Indazone
12-02-2009, 03:54 AM
holy crap and now he thinks he can be an All Star???!!!

Ariza adjusts to scorer's role

By JEROME SOLOMON
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Dec. 1, 2009, 11:12PM

http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=3bdd3b6c-df20-11de-9c22-c3237f42678e&T=19e0sf054%2fX%3d1259744040%2fE%3d2022775998%2fR% 3dncsprtbkpr%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d8.1%2fW%3d0%2fY%3dPARTN ER_US%2fF%3d3319219418%2fH%3dYWx0c3BpZD0iOTY3MjgzM zE4IiBzZXJ2ZUlkPSIzYmRkM2I2Yy1kZjIwLTExZGUtOWMyMi1 jMzIzN2Y0MjY3OGUiIHNpdGVJZD0iNzYxMDUxIiB0U3RtcD0iM TI1OTc0NDA0MDM5ODkxNyIgdGFyZ2V0PSJfdG9wIiA-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dF60D8862&U=128jh00ir%2fN%3dHj_oBWKIDWo-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dBTN2%2fB%3d-1%2fV%3d5

http://www.chron.com/photos/2009/11/06/19425707/260xStory.jpg
Karen Warren Chronicle

Forward Trevor Ariza paces the Rockets in scoring, minutes played and shot attempts.

It is at times fun and at times frustrating to watch the Trevor Ariza transformation.
You watch him disappear for a while, and you wonder what's wrong. But you almost can't help but root for the kid. Nice guys can jump.
On the “kid” thing. Yeah, he is 24 and in his fifth NBA season, but he is still growing.
Ariza is a work in progress, and his growth this season is about as important to the Rockets' fortunes as any possible Tracy-McGrady-for-a-healthy-body trade general manager Daryl Morey might be trying to make.
Ariza says he is the same guy he has always been, though he is averaging 18.2 points a game and his career high before this year was 8.9. He went from being the fifth or sixth best player on a championship team to being one of the two or three best players on a team that hopes to squeeze into the playoffs.
He is being asked to do things no one has ever asked him to do, but they are things he thinks he has been capable of doing all along.
Ariza loves his new role: lead scorer. He just has to learn what a lead scorer is.
Ariza paces the Rockets in scoring, minutes played (38.9 per game, six more than any teammate) and field-goal attempts.
The offense doesn't necessarily revolve around him, but take him out of the equation and the Rockets wouldn't be anywhere near their 9-8 record.
Ariza isn't playing great, but that's OK for now.
Pressure? Please. The shy yet personable young man sounds as if he isn't feeling any. We like that.
To be better than the middling .500 or so team they are now, the Rockets need someone to step up down the stretch. Ariza believes he can be that guy.
“That's what every player wants,” he said. “Every player that wants to be the best they can be, or wants to be great, they want to make plays down the stretch when they count.”
Repetition will help

Ariza, who joined the Rockets as a free agent in the offseason, has done that a few times. He needs to do it more often.
Of course, it is easier said than done, but at least he is thinking about it.
Talking to him Tuesday before the Rockets left for Los Angeles, where they will face the Clippers tonight, it was obvious that Ariza is still trying to figure out how to be a go-to guy.
“If the opportunity presents itself, yeah,” he said. “But I'm not a selfish player. If somebody else has got it going, then you ride them out. You don't ever go away from what's working. But if it comes a time where nobody's really got it going and we need a bucket or a play to be made, I want to be the person, definitely.”
The opportunity presents itself for those who demand it. The Rockets are a team that needs Ariza to demand it. With Yao Ming out for the year and McGrady in limbo (he says he's ready, team says he isn't), Ariza has to shoulder the load.
Mustn't stop shooting

The problem is he doesn't like missing shots. That's not a bad thing, but All-Star caliber players don't think about missed shots. They think every shot they take is going to be money.
Ariza isn't a money player yet. He is a very good defender and can score if you don't pay attention to him. If he learns how to score when teams are all over him, he can be a star.
All those “bad” shots you see from the league's best players aren't necessarily bad shots to them. They don't shoot the ball thinking it won't go in.
“Someone has to take those shots,” Shane Battier said. “That's just the way the NBA game goes. You're not going to be able to get a high-quality, open 3-point look at the basket or a layup every time down.
“Defenses are really good. They take you out of first and second options, and sometimes it comes down to who can break down their man and score. For us, Aaron (Brooks) and Trevor are the two guys who can do that.”
Fearlessness factor

It is not nearly as easy to shoot bad shots as most people think it is. Those last-second heaves when the shot clock is running down often come from players who are unafraid to miss a shot trying to make something happen.
Roast Ron Artest all you want, but he made a higher percentage of shots as a Rocket (even 3-pointers) than Ariza has. Doesn't matter. Ariza is getting better. As Battier says, he needs to stay aggressive.
“I hate missing,” said Ariza, who is playing about 15 more minutes a game than he ever has. “The shots are there, and I have to take 'em whether they are good shots or not at times. It's fun to have that freedom, but it's not fun missing 'em at times.
“(Rockets coaches) still get on me for the shots that I don't shoot. It's encouraging at times, but at times I still remember that I try to make the best play possible. I don't want to shoot a difficult shot.”
Ariza thinks he is an All-Star-caliber player. All-Stars shoot and make difficult shots. That's the next step in the Trevor Ariza transformation.
Should be fun to watch. Nice guys can be All-Stars.
[email protected] ([email protected])