PDA

View Full Version : Celtics vs Spurs next thursday... our first true test?

phyzik
11-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I dont know if we will win but I think it will probably be the best game of the season so far as showing us where the Spurs are as a team.

Hopefully everyone is healthy for that game, for both teams.

Spursmania
11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
This is going to be a great game. I hope all guts and glory are left on the floor for this one. And, all our players are healthy and ready to roll.

YoMamaIsCallin
11-28-2009, 08:47 PM
It's just another regular season game early in the year. Every game is as important as every other at this time of the season.

TIMMYD!
11-28-2009, 08:50 PM
We need Manu back and in rhythm by then and also Roger since he hit that shot last year.

Spursmania
11-28-2009, 08:50 PM
It's just another regular season game early in the year. Every game is as important as every other at this time of the season.

Yeah but playing Boston v. Sixers? The players and fans get psyched over playing contender teams v. non-contenders. But, yes, we need as many wins as we can chalk up in the Western Conference.

lennyalderette
11-28-2009, 09:33 PM
i just got floor seats to this game, and will be talking smack to garnett again. i used to bother him so much when he was with the timberwolves he used to turn around from his seat and look at me like he wanted to kill me, lol it's because timmy puts him in his place

Spursmania
11-28-2009, 09:42 PM
i just got floor seats to this game, and will be talking smack to garnett again. i used to bother him so much when he was with the timberwolves he used to turn around from his seat and look at me like he wanted to kill me, lol it's because timmy puts him in his place

:toast KG deserves it.

Danny.Zhu
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I would consider 2 Mavs games were also true tests. We got past half of them.

Flux451
11-28-2009, 09:52 PM
no. First round of playoffs will be.

xellos88330
11-28-2009, 10:38 PM
The first test IMO, is the Rodeo Road Trip. Not a whole lot of solid execution on both ends of the court for the Spurs while they are away. I would like to see more improvement there, and the RRT is usually the catalyst that solves road woes.

ducks
11-28-2009, 11:08 PM
We need Manu back and in rhythm by then and also Roger since he hit that shot last year.

yeah spurs never win without manu:downspin:

all_heart
11-28-2009, 11:15 PM
The game is on national TV too, it's gonna be a tough game that's for sure. No doubt the Spurs will have to be hitting on all cylinders for that one. Against a great defensive Celtics team the Spurs will have to have good ball and player movement, most teams including the Spurs are too easy to guard when they are just standing and watching one or two guys do all the work. Even w/Manu back it will be hard, he's practically starting the season all over again for him.

TDMVPDPOY
11-29-2009, 12:39 AM
i hope bonner puts KG in his seat...

Allanon
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Not just Boston, there's 3 biggies:

Thu vs Celtics
Sat vs Nuggets
Mon @ Jazz

Should be a great barometer week for the Spurs.

ElNono
11-29-2009, 01:11 AM
It's going to be good to gauge where we're at against some of the top teams in the league. I'm definitely interested to see how our improvements on the defensive end stack up against one of the best defensive teams in the league. It's December though. If we drop a game against these teams it's not the end of the world.

Allanon
11-29-2009, 01:33 AM
It's December though. If we drop a game against these teams it's not the end of the world.

Dropping just 1 game would be great...even 1-2 wouldn't be bad as long as one of the losses is close.

phyzik
11-29-2009, 03:12 AM
Dropping just 1 game would be great...even 1-2 wouldn't be bad as long as one of the losses is close.

Agreed. I still think we lose against Boston though, The Spurs are still too discombobulated. They show signs once in a while of what they are capable of, but I dont think they have it all together just yet.

I like your takes when you have the collective Lakers cocks out of your mouth. :toast

I'll expect all of them to be firmly placed back in your pie hole by the Time the Spurs play your Faker team. :tu

SpurCharger
11-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Its To early to Say This Is A Big Game..... Talk to me in February....

phyzik
11-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Its To early to Say This Is A Big Game..... Talk to me in February....

Who said it's a big game?

It's a good Litmus test to see where we stand at this point in the season, that is all. Win or lose, it will be the best test to see where we stand against the elit so far and where we need to improve. thats all.

alchemist
11-29-2009, 03:32 AM
I honestly think the Denver game will be a lot tougher than the Boston game, either way after Sunday it gets spicy for 3 straight games.

duhoh
11-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Who said it's a big game?

It's a good Litmus test to see where we stand at this point in the season, that is all. Win or lose, it will be the best test to see where we stand against the elit so far and where we need to improve. thats all.

:toast

Bukefal
11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Im looking forward to it. Im confident, so I think we'll beat them Celts.

VivaPopovich
11-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Celtics vs Spurs next thursday... our first true test?

Yes. KG and Timmy had a good rivalry going for years when Kevin was in Minnesota, but it dissipated when the Wolves started sucking.

I'd like to see them re-light that fire.

Brazil
11-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Right now the most important game is tonight against Philadelphia, one game after another.

11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
If I were to bet on this game, I would say the spurs will get blown out by the celtics. Spurs defense is steadily improving but not yet close to an elite level and the offense is still figuring things out to make any dent into the celtics defense.

raspsa
11-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Bonner ready to give the Celtics another spanking..

alchemist
11-29-2009, 09:43 AM
If I were to bet on this game, I would say the spurs will get blown out by the celtics. Spurs defense is steadily improving but not yet close to an elite level and the offense is still figuring things out to make any dent into the celtics defense.
ehh...the Celtics haven't been dominant since their first 5 games

exstatic
11-29-2009, 11:18 AM

This. I'm never interested in any game that isn't the next one.

tp2021
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Hopefully Roger will be able to make this one, he hit one of his big shots last season against Boston.