PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin touring the country in a luxury plane -- not a bus

Cry Havoc
11-28-2009, 09:39 PM
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/sarah-palin-being-jetted-around-evangelical

Wow. Pretty amazing for someone who so frequently ripped on Obama for being an "elitist".

I mean, in reality it's not that big of a deal, but it is pretty blatant hypocrisy.

SnakeBoy
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Palin dines with Franklin and Billy Graham
By Tim Funk
[email protected]
Posted: Sunday, Nov. 22, 2009

Former governor of Alaska and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin arrives at the Asheville, N.C. airport on Sunday afternoon Nov. 22, 2009, for a visit with the Graham family. At left is Franklin Graham, who was there to meet her at the airport.

Sarah Palin, who will sign books today at Fort Bragg, made a stopover in Montreat on Sunday to have dinner with 91-year-old Billy Graham and his son, Franklin Graham, who issued the invitation.

"He just saw that she was going to be in the area and he said to come by," said Jeremy Blume, a spokesman for Franklin Graham.

Former Alaska Gov. Palin, who was the Republican vice presidential nominee in 2008, was met at the Asheville airport by Franklin Graham Sunday afternoon. Then, after meeting with some fans, Palin headed for Billy Graham's mountaintop home in Montreat for dinner.

The Charlotte-born evangelist had never met Palin, who is now on a national book tour promoting her new memoir, "Going Rogue: An American Life." But Graham's oldest daughter, Gigi, told the Observer last year that he commented to her that Palin, whom he watched on TV during the election campaign, was "mighty pretty."

Franklin Graham got to know Palin early this year in Alaska. She accompanied him as Samaritan's Purse, a Boone-based international relief agency he heads, delivered 44,000 pounds of groceries to Eskimo families in villages along the frozen Yukon River who had been hit by a harsh winter.

In financial disclosure documents filed this year, Palin reported that Samaritan's Purse paid $1,664 for her airfare to and from the remote villages.

Samaritan's Purse has an office in Alaska, and Franklin Graham owns a cabin in the state. Graham also leads the Charlotte-based Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which his father founded decades ago.

Asheville is also the home of the World, a conservative evangelical Christian magazine whose regular writers includes Lynn Vincent, Palin's ghostwriter on "Going Rogue," which is already a best seller.

Besides preaching to crowds all over the globe, Billy Graham acted as a pastor to several U.S. presidents. He's shied away from official endorsements over the years, but politicians have flocked to him - and he to them - for public seals of approval. Though a longtime registered Democrat, Graham's closest political friendships have been with Republicans such as Richard Nixon and George H.W. Bush.

Last year, during the presidential election campaign, Sen. John McCain, the GOP presidential nominee who picked Palin as his running mate, made a courtesy call on the elderly Graham. Democrat Barack Obama had scheduled a meeting with Graham during a stop in nearby Asheville, but Graham, who has his good days and bad days, was not up to a visit at the time.

Palin, who is popular with many conservatives, is widely regarded as a possible contender for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Wild Cobra
11-28-2009, 10:53 PM
IK, another story being twisted to make someone look bad.

Havock, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ignignokt
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/sarah-palin-being-jetted-around-evangelical

Wow. Pretty amazing for someone who so frequently ripped on Obama for being an "elitist".

I mean, in reality it's not that big of a deal, but it is pretty blatant hypocrisy.

Your ass is your mouth.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 12:21 AM
IK, another story being twisted to make someone look bad.

Havock, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Does she or does she not fly around on a luxury jet?

Did she or did she not rip on Obama for being an elitist?

I hate you, WC. You're making me sound like chump right now. :lol

Your ass is your mouth.

Hey, if you have any balls why don't you post a photo of yourself so we can see what you look like?

Ignignokt
11-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey, if you have any balls why don't you post a photo of yourself so we can see what you look like?

I do, but my balls are kept in check by a brain. :lol

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I do, but my balls are kept in check by a brain. :lol

Interesting, considering that that must be the only time you actually employ the latter on this forum.

Wild Cobra
11-29-2009, 01:09 AM
I hate you, WC. You're making me sound like chump right now. :lol

OMG...

I'm so sorry...

I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy!

I have posted a couple photos before. Still one in my profile.

ElNono
11-29-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm more impressed/disappointed at the fixation some board members have with this broad. Is she really that important?

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm more impressed/disappointed at the fixation some board members have with this broad. Is she really that important?

She's really that humorous, that's for damned sure.

I just saw it on Digg and thought it would make an amusing post here. This board is SO SRS most of the time.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 03:16 AM
I have posted a couple photos before. Still one in my profile.

This was directed to Iggy, not you, for specific reasons.

sabar
11-29-2009, 03:43 AM
This is the very definition of party politics. No reason to be surprised. People get elected by convincing more people than their opponent that the other side is the more evil one. Tons of government officials blast their opponent on some point (war, taxes, welfare, privacy) and just turn around and support it later.

iggypop123
11-29-2009, 03:55 AM
meh she isnt a politician at least not right now. its not an election although people seem to see this as her true coming out party free from the veil the media placed on her blabla.

MannyIsGod
11-29-2009, 05:23 AM
I'm so tired of reading about this woman. Fucking obsession.

symple19
11-29-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm so tired of reading about this woman. Fucking obsession.

:tu

Winehole23
11-29-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm so tired of reading about this woman. Fucking obsession.It all depends upon whether Palin runs in 2012. I think of her more as a 2016 candidate, and I tend to agree with CG that one can either choose the celebrity track or the politician track, and it seems clear for the moment which Palin has chosen.

But you never, never, know....

boutons_deux
11-29-2009, 09:51 AM
So the ignorant, lying pitbull bitch from the Alaskan outback is no longer a member of her Real America, but now, like all the other right-wing, slimey demagogues and hate-filled, intolerant "pastors", a member of the super-wealthy elite. :lol

And still the ignorant red-staters and tea-bagging losers buy her snake oil.

George Gervin's Afro
11-29-2009, 10:03 AM
this story is symptomatic of today's conservatives. They moan and groan about trivial matters for which I think is a dangerous game. Dangerous? This story is a perfect illustration of getting burned. The bain dead righties on this board are have all feigned outrage at trivial ssues about Obama, Palin included, and now get burned because of it. Most of the dead enders are hyocrites and this is YET another example of it..

balli
11-29-2009, 10:22 AM
She's flying into SLC to sign her ghostwriter's book at my local Costco. To think that my absolute favorite retail outlet will be tainted. By that. Ugh. :depressed

I just hope she has a shitty mechanic.

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 10:44 AM
This does surprise me my friends. I was sure she'd be putting to use her glorious Angel Wings. God Bless xoxoxoxo

Wild Cobra
11-29-2009, 11:04 AM
It's funny, isn't it.

I like jumping into these threads to respond to the idiocy!

Wild Cobra
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
This was directed to Iggy, not you, for specific reasons.
True, looking back.

I get confused sometimes the way this forum quotes.

George Gervin's Afro
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
It's funny, isn't it.

I like jumping into these threads to respond to the idiocy!

and remain silent on the hypocrisy.. very intellectually dishonest WC.. but I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

boutons_deux
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
She's "important" because all us anti-pitbull bitchers enjoy a good laugh at her and her ignorant, confused, befuddled loser supporters. :)

Please, Please, PLEASE! run her and Beck or Limbaugh or ... :lol Dobbs! in 2012 (or any other year)

balli
11-29-2009, 11:14 AM

About as important as ipods and a traditional Japanese greeting.

If conservatives didn't want Palin routinely trashed, for acting like the trash she is, they shouldn't have set the bar so low. Unfortunately, their own lowly vitriol has been precedence enough.

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
"Acting like the trash she is" :lol

LZMFcpr2lyQ

Bali's song of choice when he turns off the lights, turns on his red lava lamp, and stares deeply at his Palin poster while clinching his Obama bobblehead that head bangs in unison.

balli
11-29-2009, 06:47 PM
Bali's song of choice when he turns off the lights, turns on his red lava lamp, and stares deeply at his Palin poster while clinching his Obama bobblehead that head bangs in unison.
What a wicked burn. :wakeup

Hey toolbag- I don't even know what the fuck that shit is you posted. How shitty for you that you knew about it though. I'd hate to be so white trash that the reference would make sense.
But I wouldn't expect anything less from some brain-dead, trailer trash, Palinite.

jack sommerset
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I am appalled that there is yet another thread about Palin. I mean it is ridiculous. Don't people have anything more to worry about then Palin spending her own money on tours like perhaps the apology tour Obama went on using tax payers money or the million dollar date night good old Uncle Sam forked over. C'mon thread starters. Come up with something new. This is embarrassing.

George Gervin's Afro
11-29-2009, 08:59 PM
I am appalled that there is yet another thread about Palin. I mean it is ridiculous. Don't people have anything more to worry about then Palin spending her own money on tours like perhaps the apology tour Obama went on using tax payers money or the million dollar date night good old Uncle Sam forked over. C'mon thread starters. Come up with something new. This is embarrassing.

she's an elitist jack. she has stated in the past the negative connotation of what an elitist is. she called obama an elitist so that so would make her a hypocrite and a liar.

is an elitist good or bad jack?

jack sommerset
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
she's an elitist jack. she has stated in the past the negative connotation of what an elitist is. she called obama an elitist so that so would make her a hypocrite and a liar.

is an elitist good or bad jack?

STFU, you stupid fuck. :lol

You don't have a clue what the you are talking about, again. Go figure. Go ask a friend if a elitist is good or bad, assface. I don't play fag games.

George Gervin's Afro
11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
STFU, you stupid fuck. :lol

You don't have a clue what the you are talking about, again. Go figure. Go ask a friend if a elitist is good or bad, assface. I don't play fag games.

it's ok to say you would vote for an elitist jack..one who happened to critcize someone else for being one but hey who's keeping count.....

boutons_deux
11-29-2009, 09:46 PM
"appalled that there is yet another thread about Palin"

... she's a punchin bag, and a bag of laughs.

She's wealthy for being a celebrity, like a common Hollywood airhead bimbo, not because she's accomplished a damn thing.

George Gervin's Afro
11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
"appalled that there is yet another thread about Palin"

... she's a punchin bag, and a bag of laughs.

She's wealthy for being a celebrity, like a common Hollywood airhead bimbo, not because she's accomplished a damn thing.

come one boutons..we're supposed to be scared of her..

jack sommerset
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
it's ok to say you would vote for an elitist jack..one who happened to critcize someone else for being one but hey who's keeping count.....

If you say it is. It's your vote.

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 11:13 PM
What a wicked burn. :wakeup

Hey toolbag- I don't even know what the fuck that shit is you posted. How shitty for you that you knew about it though. I'd hate to be so white trash that the reference would make sense.
But I wouldn't expect anything less from some brain-dead, trailer trash, Palinite.

:rollin

All that oppose you are white trash now? LOLOLOLOL YOU are the weed-smoking shit state living mofo.

balli
11-30-2009, 12:33 AM
YOU are the weed-smoking shit state living mofo.
How shitty for you that you'd think of marijuana and the single most beautiful state in the nation as being lowbrow. I couldn't picture anything more refined or befitting the judgment of a true connoisseur. How terrible to be as misinformed and ignorant as you are.

Oh well. Have fun with your Bud Light, lame ass music, tumbleweeds and copy of Goin' Rogue. I'm sure you and the rest of the trailer park are having a good ol time.

And it's quite funny that you think of the reddest state in the nation as being a shit state. At least I'm an outsider amongst Utah's local culture. Those cult members are your ideological allies. I would be disgusted with myself if I were anything like the average mormon. Oh well, glad I'm not you.

Ignignokt
11-30-2009, 01:08 AM
How shitty for you that you'd think of marijuana and the single most beautiful state in the nation as being lowbrow. I couldn't picture anything more refined or befitting the judgment of a true connoisseur. How terrible to be as misinformed and ignorant as you are.

Oh well. Have fun with your Bud Light, lame ass music, tumbleweeds and copy of Goin' Rogue. I'm sure you and the rest of the trailer park are having a good ol time.

And it's quite funny that you think of the reddest state in the nation as being a shit state. At least I'm an outsider amongst Utah's local culture. Those cult members are your ideological allies. I would be disgusted with myself if I were anything like the average mormon. Oh well, glad I'm not you.

How's your plan on murdering 48% of americans going?

Oh, Gee!!
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
another story being twisted to make someone look bad.

:lolwe wouldn't want that now would we?

Oh, Gee!!
11-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I like .......to respond to the idiocy!

:lolstop, you're killing me!:lol

EmptyMan
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM

lololol ohhhh a refined connoisseur you say my good sir? BTW, the starbucks chick at the counter wants you to quit staring at her from the corner.

More with this white trash bit :lmao I'm pretty damn far from being white trash. Like I've said in the past, Palin has the right kind of people really hating her - i.e., you.

That makes her good in my book, "Goin' Go Fuck Yourself." :lol

Ignignokt
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
It appears that this story originated from the Daily Beast and Huffington post, with one being a partisan online rag.

Both sources are pimping anti Palin books, and they've been debunked as nothing but disingenous asses.

Here's the rebuttal.

http://www.conservatives4palin.com/2009/11/daily-beast-bus-hoax-hoax.html

just remember the next time this effeminate bi-partisan phony Cry havoc comes in here and cries about this board being unable to rise above partisanship, character assinations, the politics of destruction, etc.

DarrinS
11-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Are tax payers footing the bill for these flights?

If not, what's the beef?

Ignignokt
11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Are tax payers footing the bill for these flights?

If not, what's the beef?

Remember, Cry Havoc was appalled whenever we brought that up.

What a sissy cuck.

Winehole23
11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
If not, what's the beef?It sorts ill with the "jus' plain folks" conceit she cultivates.

Palin is straining mightily to put daylight between her brand new elite status and her public persona. A few cracks are bound to appear.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2009, 01:00 AM
just remember the next time this effeminate bi-partisan phony Cry havoc comes in here and cries about this board being unable to rise above partisanship, character assinations, the politics of destruction, etc.

I would completely agree with you on this if Sarah Palin was an actual politician.

And as I said in the OP, it's really not that big of a deal.