PDA

View Full Version : 4x Tim Duncan

spectator
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
b/c tony and manu have not played enough games this season ...
check this out:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?team=sas&sort=afg%&avg=pg&order=true&season=2&seasonYear=2010&split=0
got to love timmy! also, for funzies, check out the adjusted field goal percentage - tim is the first of the starters :toast, but tony and manu are in the bottom 3 :nope

duncan228
11-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Too cool. Thanks. :tu

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/lead/lead234.jpg

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2009, 01:02 AM
His numbers are also high up in the league too..

I never doubt Duncan, but he's actually exceeded my expectations so far..he started off out of shape, as expected, but I didn't think he would look this good for a few more weeks..he's been playing dominant ball on both ends of the floor since he returned from his injury in the Utah/Portland games..

Hopefully this isn't a jinx thread..

spectator
11-29-2009, 01:16 AM
i agree w/ u harlem; i was surprised he is putting these numbers so early in the season - who knows, might make for another west all-star first team.

also, his FT% is close to 74%, which would be a career high if i am correct

bdictjames
11-29-2009, 01:18 AM
i agree w/ u harlem; i was surprised he is putting these numbers so early in the season - who knows, might make for another west all-star first team.

also, his FT% is close to 74%, which would be a career high if i am correct
I remember him shooting better or close to 80% although I could be wrong.

duncan228
11-29-2009, 01:23 AM

You're right. His high is .799 in the 2001-02 season.

Blackjack
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Yeah, he hit a shade under 80% from the line in '01, IIRC; he was actually shooting the techs..:wow

Blackjack
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Damn you, 228. :lol

spectator
11-29-2009, 01:26 AM

you're right he averaged better than 74% in 99-00 and 01-02:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/career_stats.html

duncan228
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Damn you, 228. :lol

:lol Sorry, my Duncan radar went off.

duhoh
11-29-2009, 04:03 AM
your Duncan senses are tingling :lol

TIMMYD!
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah, he hit a shade under 80% from the line in '01, IIRC; he was actually shooting the techs..:wow

He was shooting techs, that was incredible.:wow

Blackjack
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
He was shooting techs, that was incredible.:wow

Yup, he actually was shooting the techs a good amount of the time. It's comical the difference his approach to the line is compared to now and then.

Back then, the ball would be thrown to him by the official at the line and the shot would go up before almost the blink of an eye. He'd just walk up, receive the ball and immediately shoot this flat shot that usually used the front of the rim as an e-brake to slow the ball as it nestled into the net; he used all of the rim and a bit of the backboard at times, but you couldn't complain with the results.

Now, I can usually get a beer while Tim measures/dissects his prey (the hoop) and argues with the trajectory (as the Onion might say) before shooting a shot that hasn't shown quite the same success..

Dex
11-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Yup, he actually was shooting the techs a good amount of the time. It's comical the difference his approach to the line is compared to now and then.

Back then, the ball would be thrown to him by the official at the line and the shot would go up before almost the blink of an eye. He'd just walk up, receive the ball and immediately shoot this flat shot that usually used the front of the rim as an e-brake to slow the ball as it nestled into the net; he used all of the rim and a bit of the backboard at times, but you couldn't complain with the results.

Now, I can usually get a beer while Tim measures/dissects his prey (the hoop) and argues with the trajectory (as the Onion might say) before shooting a shot that hasn't shown quite the same success..

I'm never one to question Duncan's methods, but I really don't see how sitting there at the line for 10 seconds every time doesn't psyche him out. I understand gathering yourself, maybe taking a breath or two, getting your little dribble in, but damn...

There are times where you just sit there and listen to the roar of the opposing stadium building while Tim tries to pull his Jedi mind tricks on the rim from the free throw line. Considering his jumper is most solid when he just catches and shoots (without thinking about it), it's like he takes himself out of rhythm.

I'm still waiting for the ref that has the balls to call him for a 10-second violation.

Blackjack
11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm never one to question Duncan's methods, but I really don't see how sitting there at the line for 10 seconds every time doesn't psyche him out. I understand gathering yourself, maybe taking a breath or two, getting your little dribble in, but damn...

There are times where you just sit there and listen to the roar of the opposing stadium building while Tim tries to pull his Jedi mind tricks on the rim from the free throw line. Considering his jumper is most solid when he just catches and shoots (without thinking about it), it's like he takes himself out of rhythm.

Yeah, it's painful at times. You can almost see the rigamortis setting in from the bottom up; try putting yourself in an uncomfortable situation, in front of thousands of people, and prolong it for as long as possible.. See how your body reacts.

I guess Tim could just be one of those sick individuals that enjoys that type of feeling, though.:lol

I'm still waiting for the ref that has the balls to call him for a 10-second violation.

Remember how the Spurs faithful treated Malone; we were trying to get rules changes.:lol