PDA

View Full Version : Gasol = Duncan

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Pau Gasol is getting a taste of what it's like playing with another 7 footer in the starting lineup. Something Timmie has experienced most of his career in the NBA. Gasol will put up monster numbers nightly. He will be defended by much smaller players most nights. There are only a handful of teams in the NBA that will be able to match up to the towers. Gasols ppg, asst, rebounds, block shots will all go up because of his height advantage over smaller players and his freedom to roam with another 7 footer in the post. What makes Pau so unique is that he can defend PF's on the perimeter as well. He is just about as complete as you can get from that position.

So when the Lakers win 3 or 4 more titles and Gasol has monster stats, will he now be included in discussions on the greatest power forwards to ever play the game?

thispego
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
ROFL. Gasol on lakers team = farce. You can have whatever titles or championships you want but they all come with an * while gasol is a laker

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
:lmao

Cry Havoc
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
So when the Lakers win 3 or 4 more titles and Gasol has monster stats, will he now be included in discussions on the greatest power forwards to ever play the game?

Maybe if he learned to play a little defense. As in, maybe if he became the best defender ever at the PF position. You know, like Duncan is now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Pau Gasol is getting a taste of what it's like playing with another 7 footer in the starting lineup. Something Timmie has experienced most of his career in the NBA. Gasol will put up monster numbers nightly. He will be defended by much smaller players most nights. There are only a handful of teams in the NBA that will be able to match up to the towers. Gasols ppg, asst, rebounds, block shots will all go up because of his height advantage over smaller players and his freedom to roam with another 7 footer in the post. What makes Pau so unique is that he can defend PF's on the perimeter as well. He is just about as complete as you can get from that position.

I wasn't aware Duncan's career was dependent on being able to play next to Nazr Mouhammed Fabricio Oberto and Rasho Nesterovic.

pauls931
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Poor comparison, but Gasol is the perfect fit for LA, he doesn't need to be a great defender with athletic guards (outside of fisher the grabber), and Bynum. Duncan can anchor a team, Gasol doesn't need to.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Maybe if he learned to play a little defense. As in, maybe if he became the best defender ever at the PF position. You know, like Duncan is now.

So you're ok with that? Even though Gasol is a center and still plays the center position for the lakers you would include him in the discussion of Best PF to play the game?

My Duncan = Gasol is based on the position and circumstances of the two players only. It's identical.

I am Hypothetically speaking about future stats and how you would rank them.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 11:42 AM

"And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday."

JamStone
11-29-2009, 11:55 AM

This particular topic is silly.

But as for Duncan being the best defender ever at the PF position, I think that's an interesting debate between him and KG. I realize there's a bias here, but I think there's easily an argument for KG. Tim is a better shot blocker and help side defender and a little better rebounder and post defender. KG is a more versatile defender, can guard many small forwards and even some guards effectively; he's better at going out on the perimeter when matched-up on a quicker forward or having to switch on a perimeter player, can pressure the ball full court, gets more steals, and is a more vocal team defender. Before 2007-08, I would have said Tim is easily the better team defender, but I think KG's team defense was somewhat underrated until he was on a team with better defensive coaching schemes and teammates that all bought into playing team defense.

I'll ride the fence on this. I'm not saying Tim isn't the best defensive PF ever. I'm saying it's debatable between him and KG, and I wouldn't fault someone claiming it's KG over Tim. If we look at accolades, and it's definitely not the determinative factor, but they both have 8 first team all NBA defense team honors, Duncan with 3 second team all defense and KG with 2 second team all defense, while KG has two more years in the league. But, KG also has a DPOY, whereas Duncan probably should have at least one, but doesn't.

I think it's actually a pretty interesting debate.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Well, then what you should do Jammie, the next time you leave your refrigerator box the Spurs erected for you,,,thread such a debate. This thread is intended to erect Gasol upon the dais a couple inches higher than Duncan.

Savvy?

BlackSwordsMan
11-29-2009, 12:05 PM
tee hee

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 12:05 PM
This particular topic is silly.

But as for Duncan being the best defender ever at the PF position, I think that's an interesting debate between him and KG. I realize there's a bias here, but I think there's easily an argument for KG. Tim is a better shot blocker and help side defender and a little better rebounder and post defender. KG is a more versatile defender, can guard many small forwards and even some guards effectively; he's better at going out on the perimeter when matched-up on a quicker forward or having to switch on a perimeter player, can pressure the ball full court, gets more steals, and is a more vocal team defender. Before 2007-08, I would have said Tim is easily the better team defender, but I think KG's team defense was somewhat underrated until he was on a team with better defensive coaching schemes and teammates that all bought into playing team defense.

I'll ride the fence on this. I'm not saying Tim isn't the best defensive PF ever. I'm saying it's debatable between him and KG, and I wouldn't fault someone claiming it's KG over Tim. If we look at accolades, and it's definitely not the determinative factor, but they both have 8 first team all NBA defense team honors, Duncan with 3 second team all defense and KG with 2 second team all defense, while KG has two more years in the league. But, KG also has a DPOY, whereas Duncan probably should have at least one, but doesn't.

Why didn't you just start your own thread and topic, dipshit? This is not about KG and Duncan. Your input here was not mandatory.

ffadicted
11-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Successful troll is successful

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, then what you should do Jammie, the next time you leave your refrigerator box the Spurs erected for you,,,thread such a debate. This thread is intended to erect Gasol upon the dais a couple inches higher than Duncan.

Savvy?

Cool, Cul.

Why didn't you just start your own thread and topic, dipshit? This is not about KG and Duncan. Your input here was not mandatory.

Next time something like that happens, ignore it. It's rather simple.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 12:15 PM

Follow your own advice.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I wasn't bitching about your post, just responding to it.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I wasn't bitching about your post, just responding to it.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Jammie= charter bag man for the Spurs. And all it required was for Horry to shoot Wallace in the head. The stupid ass wanted to see what it felt like for CWEBB.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM

I didn't have a problem with your post. I was merely responding to it.

Is there something you don't understand about that?

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Jammie= charter bag man for the Spurs. And all it required was for Horry to shoot Wallace in the head. The stupid ass wanted to see what it felt like for CWEBB.

Culburn = constantly on Piston fan dick because of the 2004 Laker ass-raping.

Take a break every few minutes to catch a breath, and maybe you can suck on it for even longer.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I definately agree with OP, it amazes me how ignorant some of these spurs fans are. They never give credit to where its due. Ya Duncan has 4 fucking rings but he did it with shit load of help. Gasol is doing the same so if you wanna crown Duncan as the greatest Gasol might as well be in the talks a few years from now.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:25 PM
This is nice for you Spurs fellows, Jammie doin' yer wet work for ya's.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Culburn = constantly on Piston fan dick because of the 2004 Laker ass-raping.

Take a break every few minutes to catch a breath, and maybe you can suck on it for even longer.

Kaaaaaaaaablllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm! Jammie just blew out his flip flop. I knew I'd get off that high horse and down in the caca with the rest of us.

ha, ha.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM

It tastes that good huh?

Keep at it, Cul.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Kaaaaaaaaablllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm! Jammie just blew out his flip flop. I knew I'd get off that high horse and down in the caca with the rest of us.

ha, ha.

Cradle the balls.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I definately agree with OP, it amazes me how ignorant some of these spurs fans are. They never give credit to where its due. Ya Duncan has 4 fucking rings but he did it with shit load of help. Gasol is doing the same so if you wanna crown Duncan as the greatest Gasol might as well be in the talks a few years from now.

Thank you! The Truth hurts.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Cradle the balls.

Only if you reputiate the room the Spurs built for you after Horry shot you in the head.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Only if you reputiate the room the Spurs built for you after Horry shot you in the head.

Who's been a bad girl?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Who's been a bad girl?

Wallace, for squeezing his eyes closed when Horry put you's out of your misery.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Right now I'd say it is closer than Spurs fans will admit. But there is no way a Tim Duncan in his prime can be compared to a Pau Gasol in any point of his career.

This may be true but do you rank Gasol as a PF?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Right now I'd say it is closer than Spurs fans will admit.

"And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing"

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Wallace, for squeezing his eyes closed when Horry put you's out of your misery.

Now purr like a kitty kat.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Now purr like a kitty kat.

Fish/the look on his face/Nelson stuck/head first/Florida dirt.

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Fish/the look on his face/Nelson stuck/head first/Florida dirt.

Now bark like a dog begging for a bone.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:41 PM
- "sssssssshhhhhhhhhh."

- D. Fish - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - June.15.2000

Muser
11-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Right now I'd say it is closer than Spurs fans will admit. But there is no way a Tim Duncan in his prime can be compared to a Pau Gasol in any point of his career.

:tu

JamStone
11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
- "sssssssshhhhhhhhhh."

- D. Fish - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - June.15.2000

Good girl. Now go wash yourself.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Good girl. Now go wash yourself.

Your fandom in that ready made mobile home the Spurs built for ya's has cleansed my snootchie.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Thank you! The Truth hurts.

Tacker being on your side isn't a positive, in terms of success or truth.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Perhaps, but that pat & leather knee brace that Duncy wears is rather persuasive.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 12:57 PM

Sure, since Gasol is listed by the Lakers as a F-C, then someone can discuss him as one of the greatest PFs ever, if they are so inclined. (I don't personally think he'll be in the conversation because of defense, like many other posters have mentioned).

And since the whole point of this thread is to again bitch at why Tim isn't listed as a C, you all need to just accept that's how it is.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/index.html - Duncan=F :cry
http://www.nba.com/lakers/roster/index.html - Gasol=F-C

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Perhaps, but that pat & leather knee brace that Duncy wears is rather persuasive.

You act like what you are saying is new news. Every Spurs fan knows that Duncan only has a few years left. He has a lot of mileage on him... that's what happens when your team is successful year after year.

If Gasol ever advanced much in the playoffs in his first 6? years in the league, he'd be closer to Tim in that regard.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
My NBA Register lists Duncan as F/C.

resistanze
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Gasol = Duncan.

Kobe needs to be carried to a ring by a HOF.

It all makes sense.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
My NBA Register lists Duncan as F/C.

Your own personal register that you wrote up with a crayon?

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:03 PM

It's not about him being on my side, it's his understanding of said topic.

My thing is under no circumstances should Pau Gasol be included in discusssions with the greatest PF's in the league. Neither should Theodore. I am all for calling Theodore one of the greatest players to play the game. Maybe top ten, maybe not but definitely one of the best. I would definitely not call him the greatest PF to ever play the game because he was not.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
You act like what you are saying is new news. Every Spurs fan knows that Duncan only has a few years left. He has a lot of mileage on him... that's what happens when your team is successful year after year.

If Gasol ever advanced much in the playoffs in his first 6? years in the league, he'd be closer to Tim in that regard.

Put down that can of Pink Rust 'O Leum and go bake some like cookies for Tim.

TIMMYD!
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Tim Duncan isn't in his prime anymore and if you we're to ask any head coach in the NBA who they would rather have every single time it would be Tim.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Your own personal register that you wrote up with a crayon?

I'll scan it, & lodge if you'll agree to put my thread back up if it's true.

Deal?

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Sure, since Gasol is listed by the Lakers as a F-C, then someone can discuss him as one of the greatest PFs ever, if they are so inclined. (I don't personally think he'll be in the conversation because of defense, like many other posters have mentioned).

And since the whole point of this thread is to again bitch at why Tim isn't listed as a C, you all need to just accept that's how it is.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/index.html - Duncan=F :cry
http://www.nba.com/lakers/roster/index.html - Gasol=F-C

Theodore probably wrote NBA.com whining to be listed as a F.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=0215

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Tim Duncan isn't in his prime anymore and if you we're to ask any head coach in the NBA who they would rather have every single time it would be Tim.

"And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way."

Tacker
Elvin Hayes and Bob Petit are both underrated forwards who have rings and are much better than Duncan........

Kori Ellis
I'll scan it, & lodge if you'll agree to put my thread back up if it's true.

Deal?

You don't need to go to Kinko's or the library to use their scanner. It doesn't matter what it says. The Spurs list Duncan with the League as a forward. They have done so every year since 1997. So, anyone can write anything they want anywhere else. People can cry that he's not a center. Anyone can play the C spot next to him from David Robinson to Michael Finley:lol and at the end of the day, he'll still be officially listed as a F.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:11 PM

Would duncan have had the same impact if he wasnt teamed with David Robinson his first few years??

TheMACHINE
11-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Poor comparison, but Gasol is the perfect fit for LA, he doesn't need to be a great defender with athletic guards (outside of fisher the grabber), and Bynum. Duncan can anchor a team, Gasol doesn't need to.

Seems like "everyone" in the NBA is a perfect fit for the Lakers.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Actually, thats kinda correct. Tim was once listed at center for all star voting and he asked them to change it.

Because it was a mistake.

Every year in training camp, each team writes down each players' name, position, height and weight and sends it to the league. Duncan has been a F on that form every year. That's the only thing that officially matters. They can list it on ESPN, the All Star Ballot, and Culburn's register as PG if they want. But officially with the league, he'd still be a forward.

Spursfan092120
You've got it all wrong, Cubbie..it's not someone doing our work for us..it's someone who has a sense of intelligence.

Culburn369
You don't need to go to Kinko's or the library to use their scanner. It doesn't matter what it says. The Spurs list Duncan with the League as a forward. They have done so every year since 1997. So, anyone can write anything they want anywhere else. People can cry that he's not a center. Anyone can play the C spot next to him from David Robinson to Michael Finley:lol and at the end of the day, he'll still be officially listed as a F.

Spursdom rank insecurity reaches the highest levels of hierarchy.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Elvin Hayes and Bob Petit are both underrated forwards who have rings and are much better than Duncan........
How would you know... you are tweenager.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Seems like "everyone" in the NBA is a perfect fit for the Lakers.
http://www.lakersuniverse.com/pictures/payton_malone.jpg

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Actually, thats kinda correct. Tim was once listed at center for all stat voting and he asked them to change it.

That's Timmie for you. Where's the justice when a person can whine his way to the top. :depressed

:lol

Culburn369
You've got it all wrong, Cubbie..it's not someone doing our work for us..it's someone who has a sense of intelligence.

Stay out of this, you're the ones who took their teabag and squeezed it in a garlic press....making a monkey out of them with that infernal Piston room.

Spursfan092120
Wow...Tacker...haven't seen many fail comments from you lately...thanks for making up for it with this gem...to say any PF in history is much better than Duncan is just ignorant.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't understand why fans of other teams get in an uproar when some people say he's the best PF to ever play. It's just an opinion. There's no award for it or anything. Some people think Malone is better than Tim. Other people think Barkley is. And others think Tim is a Center and nothing but a Center, so thus not even close to being the best at his position. At the end of the day, it's still just an opinion.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't understand why fans of other teams get in an uproar when some people say he's the best PF to ever play. It's just an opinion. There's no award for it or anything. Some people think Malone is better than Tim. Other people think Barkley is. And others think Tim is a Center and nothing but a Center, so thus not even close to being the best at his position. At the end of the day, it's still just an opinion.

Can have my thread back now?

LakeShow

You're right and I'm just expressing mine. I don't think he should even be in the discussion with Barkley and Malone.

Spursfan092120
Horace Grant, Oakley, and Rodman were much better defenders than Duncan. I'm sure there are more...
Grant? No way..I was a big fan of Grant...no way was he a much better defender than Duncan. Oakley? Maybe close, but not better...Rodman, I'll give you, in his prime. But Duncan has been better longer, and has been a better defender in his twilight than Rodman was.

Spursfan092120
You're right and I'm just expressing mine. I don't think he should even be in the discussion with Barkley and Malone.
Funny...Barkley has said Duncan is the best of all time.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Can have my thread back now?

Nope. You can go start one in the troll forum, but this isn't your personal playground.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:23 PM

That's only after the half-dozen or so times that Duncan/Spurs disposed of the Suns.

Muser
11-29-2009, 01:24 PM
It's not about him being on my side, it's his understanding of said topic.

My thing is under no circumstances should Pau Gasol be included in discusssions with the greatest PF's in the league. Neither should Theodore. I am all for calling Theodore one of the greatest players to play the game. Maybe top ten, maybe not but definitely one of the best. I would definitely not call him the greatest PF to ever play the game because he was not.

Charles Barkley said Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play, i'll believe one of the all time greats over someone on a message board, but if it helps you sleep at night you keep thinking otherwise :toast

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:25 PM

Barkley also said don't drink and drive.

Culburn369
Nope. You can go start one in the troll forum, but this isn't your personal playground.

I guess I'm special then. So many get their own personal playground here.

Spursfan092120
That's only after the half-dozen or so times that Duncan/Spurs disposed of the Suns.
Barkley's been saying it for years...He knows what Duncan does for this team..it's not just the stats..it's the intangibles. We're not one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the league if it's not for Duncan.

Muser
11-29-2009, 01:27 PM
:lmao at thinking Barkley and Malone are better than Duncan

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:27 PM

Because we can get 10 other forwards who had career averages similiar to Duncan but don't have rings because they weren't surrounded with a good team like Duncan was.

You cant find a player with similiar or even close to career averages like MJ or Wilt Chamberlain etc both whom are considered best at their respective positions......

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Barkley's been saying it for years.

& blessedly for years Duncan & his Spurs have been disposing of the Suns.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
As cocky as Charles Barkley is, even he says that Tim Duncan is the best power forward of all time. As far as I know, if a player says another player is better than him, I'd believe it.

I don't think thats Charles call to make. A little thing about conflicting interest. Charles was not the best forward in the history of the game anyway, so he has nothing to lose or gain. What did Karl Malone say?

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:34 PM
:lmao at thinking Barkley and Malone are better than Duncan

Damn Muser, that's not what i said at all. I said in the discussion because he's not a PF. Pay attention.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Much better than Duncan? First off you never saw Bob Petit play because you're 12 years old. Second off, as good as Petit was, he was no where near the level of Duncan. I stand up for the old time players, but that is just a stupid statement. If you are going to go with old time players try Walt Bellamy or nate Thurmond.

Bob Pettit 26.6ppg 16.4rpg 3.0apg

Tim Duncan 21.4ppg 11.7rpg 3.2apg 2.4bpg

I rest my case..........

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think thats Charles call to make. A little thing about conflicting interest. Charles was not the best forward in the history of the game anyway, so he has nothing to lose or gain. What did Karl Malone say?
Karl never discussed it...but he and Duncan weren't chummy anyway, so Malone wouldn't admit it anyway. IMO Duncan is the best of all time, but once more, that's an opinion. It just happens to be shared with one of the guys who you think was better than Timmy.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Bob Pettit 26.6ppg 16.4rpg 3.0apg

Tim Duncan 21.4ppg 11.7rpg 3.2apg 2.4bpg

I rest my case..........
different time..different competition..Pettit never played anyone has physical as Garnett or Shaq. You can't compare the two. There's a reason most players, including the old timers, say Tim is the best PF of all time. Pretty sure Bill Russell said it as well.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Karl never discussed it...but he and Duncan weren't chummy anyway, so Malone wouldn't admit it anyway. IMO Duncan is the best of all time, but once more, that's an opinion. It just happens to be shared with one of the guys who you think was better than Timmy.

I did not say that charles was better than duncan. I'm going to have to check my post. If i said that, i messed up.

Of course he wouldn't admit it because he, like others do not believe it.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
[quote=Spursfan092120;3875264]different time..different competition[quote]

Yeah, no expansion.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
I did not say that charles was better than duncan. I'm going to have to check my post. If i said that, i messed up.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
different time..different competition..Pettit never played anyone has physical as Garnett or Shaq. You can't compare the two. There's a reason most players, including the old timers, say Tim was the best PF of all time. Pretty sure Bill Russell said it as well.

He went against Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell both > KG and Shaq. And who said he didnt go against physical players, Wilt was just as physical

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Who are these people who don't believe it? If you ask 10 unbiased people who know NBA basketball, 6 of them at least would say Timmy is the best of all time.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:43 PM
He went against Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell both > KG and Shaq. And who said he didnt go against physical players, Wilt was just as physical
Dude...you're 12..you know nothing about Wilt. And if you think Wilt was as physical as KG and Shaq, you're out of your freaking mind.

LakeShow
Ok, I said just as i thought. Power Forward discussion.

Spursfan092120
He went against Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell
Yeah...ask Bill Russell who was better.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Ok, I said just as i thought. Power Forward discussion.
?? You said Tim doesn't deserve to be in the discussion with Malone and Barkley...

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Dude...you're 12..you know nothing about Wilt. And if you think Wilt was as physical as KG and Shaq, you're out of your freaking mind.

Im 6 who fucking cares facts and truths cant change...... no matter what age of mouth the words come out from

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Who are these people who don't believe it? If you ask 10 unbiased people who know NBA basketball, 6 of them at least would say Timmy is the best of all time.

Maybe in San Antonio but not where I'm from. I bet you I could not find more than 1 or 2 out of 10 people here that would say that.

Muser
11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry LakeShow I misunderstood your post, like it or not Duncan is listed as a PF. I couldn't give a damn if he was listed as the greatest of all time, and i'm sure he couldn't give a shit either.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah...ask Bill Russell who was better.

After seeing Phil in that X Cap and presenting us our 15th Russell was struck speechless.

Thank, Christ.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Im 6 who fucking cares facts and truths cant change...... no matter what age of mouth the words come out from
lmao...you just don't get it. Stats aren't everything, kiddo. Sometimes intangibles are more important...that's why Allen Iverson doesn't have a job right now.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:47 PM
sorry lakeshow i misunderstood your post, like it or not duncan is listed as a pf.

f/c

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Maybe in San Antonio but not where I'm from. I bet you I could not find more than 1 or 2 out of 10 people here that would say that.
You're out of your damn mind...either that or you're in LA, which would explain it.

LakeShow
?? You said Tim doesn't deserve to be in the discussion with Malone and Barkley...

Yes because we're talking about classifications of a Center and Power Forward. Malone and Charles were PF's, I am stating Theodore was not.

As far as comparing their careers, Theodore was better than Charles. I won't say the same about Malone. Malone has numbers to back him up.

Muser
This thread will just go the way of the many "Kobe vs Jordan" threads there have been, you just can't compare a player from one decade to another.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Tacker and Lake Show are arguing two different things.

Tacker is arguing that there's 10 PFs (maybe more) that were as good as Tim.

Lake Show is arguing that Tim isn't a PF.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:50 PM
That blow-horn has never been at a loss for words. He just slithered away with a pathetic look on his face.

:rollin

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Yes because we're talking about classifications of a Center and Power Forward. Malone and Charles were PF's, I am stating Theodore was not.

As far as comparing their careers, Theodore was better than Charles. I won't say the same about Malone. Malone has numbers to back him up.
Does calling Tim by his middle name make you cooler? Tim is not a Center...Tim is a PF. The fact that you don't know this really diminishes your opinions about him. He's listed as a Center, but has not played the Center position for over 90% of his career. His best days were as a PF...the best of all time.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM

exactly..and IMO, they're both wrong. Tacker's wrong because...well...Tacker's always wrong. Lake Show's wrong because Tim's days as a PF are the ones that make his career. While he's listed as a C, he'll always be a PF.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM

Exactly, I'm saying if you classify Duncan as a PF, you have classify Hakeem as a PF, Garnett, Gasol, etc.. and if you do, that would not make duncan the best PF to play the game. Hell, I even question him being ranked over Malone,

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Lakers fans are entitled to opinions? Hasn't their team and franchise been exposed as cheaters who's only recent success (2000 and on) is thanks to hand-holding by the league? Sacramento series, Gasol tade, etc, etc, etc?

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
exactly..and IMO, they're both wrong. Tacker's wrong because...well...Tacker's always wrong. Lake Show's wrong because Tim's days as a PF are the ones that make his career. While he's listed as a C, he'll always be a PF.

He's not listed as a C by the Spurs/NBA.

Spursfan092120
Lakers fans are entitled to opinions? Hasn't their team and franchise been exposed as cheaters who's only recent success (2000 and on) is thanks to hand-holding by the league? Sacramento series, Gasol tade, etc, etc, etc?
Hey..a lil'mo sighting... :king

Spursfan092120
I know...ESPN has him listed as one...kinda stupid, IMO.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM

He should be.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:55 PM
He should be.

Well he's not.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM

Your MJ kinda set the template for us when he got suspended for a year for gambling like Pete Rose. What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Spursfan092120
The only listing that matters...

http://www.nba.com/spurs/roster/

Spursfan092120
He should be.
Why? He's not? What exactly makes him a Center in your opinion? Because he takes the jump ball?

Muser
But he's not, and if the official website of the league doesn't rank him as a C, then he isn't a C.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
He should be.

He's listed as both a C & F in my NBA Register.

LakeShow
You're out of your damn mind...either that or you're in LA, which would explain it.

I am in LA

Kori Ellis
This will definitely be a stain on his career knowing that Duncan is 7ft, yet he refused to play center even though his centers were smaller than he was, like Bonner and Thomas. Some would even go as far as saying he refused to play center to avoid being compared with the great 7fters of the league.

Do you mean he refused "to be listed" as center? Because Duncan doesn't refuse to play center.

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Your MJ kinda set the template for us when he got suspended for a year for gambling like Pete Rose. What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Well at least you're capable of admitting your teams' wrong doing. However, MJ gambling didn't really effect the outcome of any NBA season other than giving someone else a shot to win it.

Kori Ellis
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
He's listed as PF/C in mine too.

Then it's a mistake. Because the Spurs officially listed him to the league as a F.. like they do every year.

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Duncan is soooo good he can play two different positions and still be the greatest of all time at one of them :lmao Happy Laker fans? look what you did

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
This will definitely be a stain on his career knowing that Duncan is 7ft, yet he refused to play center even though his centers were smaller than he was, like Bonner and Thomas. Some would even go as far as saying he refused to play center to avoid being compared with the great 7fters of the league.

True, but, he's gotten away with it. So it's a moot point.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
He's listed as both a C & F in my NBA Register.

:lol Timmie with the covering of all bases.

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
tim dunc was 6-10 when he got the league and is listed at 6-11 now, I guess everything is a couple inches bigger in LaLa Land :rolleyes

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Well at least you're capable of admitting your teams' wrong doing. However, MJ gambling didn't really effect the outcome of any NBA season other than giving someone else a shot to win it.

Please.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
And those people would have that opinion to say that..Tim has wanted to play Power Forward and not Center because of the Spurs system. The system is not easy to learn and he was so used to the PF spot in the system that he didn't want to change. I could be completely wrong, but that's what I would guess.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Then it's a mistake. Because the Spurs officially listed him to the league as a F.. like they do every year.
yep...it's right there on their site...plain as day.

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Please.

Good boy. You're welcome.

carrao45
11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
tim dunc was 6-10 when he got the league and is listed at 6-11 now, I guess everything is a couple inches bigger in LaLa Land :rolleyes

Why yes, everything is a couple inches bigger...:p:

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Why yes, everything is a couple inches bigger...:p:

Yep, and rulers are 14 inches in Los Angeles, everyone knows that :rolling

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Good boy. You're welcome.

lmcontrollinao!

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
can you teach other laker fan boys to be accepting of lakers shortcomings as you are? You are a credit to Laker fans everywhere :cheers

Muser
11-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't have the facts on why he, or the team chose to keep him as power forward once Robinson retired. What I do know is, he is their best big man, and it makes sense to let him play center, now that Robinson is gone, you know, like Hakeem did when Ralph expired.

So Dirk should have been listed as a C from the day the Mavs got him, seems as he's been their best big?

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
So Dirk should have been listed as a C from the day the Mavs got him, seems as he's been their best big?

Ouch Ouch OUCH OUCH it Burns!!! kinda like that infection you got the other weekend, ehh lakaluva?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
can you teach other laker fan boys to be accepting of lakers shortcomings as you are? You are a credit to Laker fans everywhere :cheers

- "sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh."

- D. Fish - June.15.2001 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Petit and Mikan were by far the best players in tge league because no defense was played. Basketball was basically a bunch of players running up and down tge court bunched under tge basket attempting lay ups. Taller players had the advantage naturally. It was not until Russell came into the league that teams were forced to shoot jump shots and be more creative around tge basket. Field goal percentages were terrible. Tge game was played below the net and wouldn't qualify as basketball by today's standards.
you said exactly what I was saying to this guy...different time..different game..different competition.

Cane
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Gasol will not be recognized in the same breath as Duncan or any of the top bigs in the league if his current and past play is of any indication. Duncan's career achievements and stats blows Gasol's out of the water ditto with his reputation, talent, skill, etc.

Pau Gasol would be better compared to the likes of Amar'e's and Boozers of the league than a top tier PF like Duncan or Dirk.

As for top PF's of all time, Duncan is generally considered the GOAT and the only other name that could be argued against this would be Malone.

As for the beating-of-the-dead-horse topic that is what position Duncan is; the answer is both however he is the prototypical PF. In reality he's a hybrid that can adapt to what the team needs just like any other talented tall bigman should be able to.

Titling a thread: "Gasol = Duncan" is definitely along the lines of trollbaiting though especially in the context of a Spurs forum and since its being posted by a LA fanboy. It'd be like saying "Brandon Roy = Kobe Bryant". Dumb.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Dirk is not a center, and he spends most of his time on the perimeter, Duncan is a center, that chooses to be listed as a PF, and he spends most of his time in the paint. Hey man, I think it as a great PR move.

tee, hee.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Dirk is not a center, and he spends most of his time on the perimeter, Duncan is a center, that chooses to be listed as a PF, and he spends most of his time in the paint. Hey man, I think it as a great PR move.
What makes Tim Duncan a C? Because he plays the paint? So do PFs. So if Dirk spends most of his time on the perimeter, does that make him a shooting guard? Where a guy plays doesn't always decide his position.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Titling a thread: "Gasol = Duncan" is definitely along the lines of trollbaiting

& ya's still couldnt' resist.

tee, hee.

lil'mo
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
- "sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh."

- D. Fish - June.15.2001 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Yep, lakers had their hands held all the way to the finals that year for fish to quote that quote

Cane
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
& ya's still couldnt' resist.

tee, hee.

Pot calling the kettle black? Thing is I don't start these troll topics only tell it like it is. This place is a troll haven.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Yep, lakers had their hands held all the way to the finals that year for fish to quote that quote

ha, ha,,,,Daddy breakin' Mutombo's ass so bad that Stern & Colangelo had to change the rules.

Just shows to go ya.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
What makes Duncan a center? He plays the position... period, but chooses to be listed as a PF. It would be like Kobe asking to be listed as SF, yet he plays the SG, and staking the claim to the greatest small forward of all time, because he knows that MJ has the SG on lock. Is this clear enough for you now?

Our finest Laker stalwart.

Cane
11-29-2009, 02:25 PM
What makes Duncan a center? He plays the position... period, but chooses to be listed as a PF. It would be like Kobe asking to be listed as SF, yet he plays the SG, and staking the claim to the greatest small forward of all time, because he knows that MJ has the SG on lock. Is this clear enough for you now?

Duncan played both positions throughout his career; can't fault him for his versatility. Can't forget about playing with D-Rob. Duncan's body and skillset allows him to play both positions just like any decently sized PF should be able to; however Duncan's game is definitely better suited towards a PF role if he's got a talented center.

It'd be like calling Lebron James a small-forward when he's more of a point-foward; both would be correct except the latter moreso.

BlackBellamy
11-29-2009, 02:27 PM

But he slides between PF and C, and early in his career acted almost exclusively as our PF. On the offense, Duncan play PF (unless you consider the position devolved into a finesse and outside range, euro type, spot). On D, he generally plays C. Why is it hard to admit that he is a PF/C? It's not unheard of to act as both.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
You stutterin' prick ya, Cane. You sound like Elmer Fudd, or, the Karate Kid's lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny."

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Which he's never had. I mean, lets be honest here, DRob simply went along for the ride.

His hope chest full of bras & panties in close tow.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Which he's never had. I mean, lets be honest here, DRob simply went along for the ride.
yeah...Hall of Famer..one of the 50 greatest players of all time...yeah...just hanging along there...what an idiot.

Cane
11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
DRob was a shell of his former self in the second championship run but the first one he was one hell of a contributor and filled the C role.

You stutterin' prick ya, Cane. You sound like Elmer Fudd, or, the Karate Kid's lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny."

Considering that your brain has images of Elmer Fudd and Karate Kidd floating around I'll take that as a compliment. :whine

Dunc n Dave
11-29-2009, 02:45 PM
This is true, he finally settled into his role. Lord knows leading a team was not part of his make-up.

:rolleyesYeah, he was a horrible leader. He only won the MVP and the scoring title while carrying a talentless roster to the playoffs year after year before Duncan got there. Look what it did to his back, carrying the load by himself all those years. His back was bound to give out sooner or later.
Did I mention he also won Defensive Player of the Year? Yeah, but he was just a role pleyr his whole career...

What other career role players have won the MVP, scoring title, and DPOY?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Considering that your brain has images of Elmer Fudd and Karate Kidd floating around I'll take that as a compliment. :whine

Danka.

Dunc n Dave
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Tkae DRob off those early 90's teams and put a prime Kobe in his place... Do the Spurs get any closer to a championship with a prime Kobe instead of a prime Duncan?

Do they beat the Rockets in 95 or does Hakeem average 50 against them instead of 38?

Kobe's team post-Shaq and before Gasol were way more talented than any early 90's Spurs roster, yet he missed the playoffs one year and was bounced in the first round twice.

Guess that means Kobe is just a role player too?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:52 PM
But, you ferget, Dunc: Kobe rang/sans Daddy. Robinson never rang/sans Duncan.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
:rolleyesYeah, he was a horrible leader. He only won the MVP and the scoring title while carrying a talentless roster to the playoffs year after year before Duncan got there. Look what it did to his back, carrying the load by himself all those years. His back was bound to give out sooner or later.
Did I mention he also won Defensive Player of the Year? Yeah, but he was just a role pleyr his whole career...

What other career role players have won the MVP, scoring title, and DPOY?

well i guess that makes him the greatest role player in history :lol

ginobili's bald spot
11-29-2009, 03:55 PM

This.

And how can people say what position he is listed at is more important than the position he actually plays? That's ridiculous. The spurs can list him as whatever they want but that doesn't change REALITY. And in REALITY and he plays center and has for a long time. Call me crazy but I always thought reality and the truth trumped what the Spurs write down on some piece of paper. I don't understand what the Spurs/Spurfans obsession is with Tim Duncan being considered a power forward anyway. It's not an insult or a slight to him, it's simply the truth.

LakeShow
11-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Sorry LakeShow I misunderstood your post, like it or not Duncan is listed as a PF. I couldn't give a damn if he was listed as the greatest of all time, and i'm sure he couldn't give a shit either.

:toast but Timmie did give a shit. Why? Why did he care so much about being listed as a PF instead of a Center? hmmm, I'll throw out one possible reason that he may have requested the change. 1st team all NBA nominations? At center he would have had a hard time getting any nominations. I'm just saying......

LakasRool4eva
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
You guys bash Dirk, but praise DRob. Dirk won MVP. He's always at the top in scoring. He choked when he had the best team, and so did DRob.
if u look at stats DROB isnt even that much better then Pau and Pau almost has as many 'ships as DROB to AND Pau never choked!!!!! Pau is probably better then Duncan right now to overall. Pau will be above Dirk DROB & Duncan when he retires.......

LakasRool4eva
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
:toast but Timmie did give a shit. Why? Why did he care so much about being listed as a PF instead of a Center? hmmm, I'll throw out one possible reason that he may have requested the change. 1st team all NBA nominations? At center he would have had a hard time getting any nominations. I'm just saying......
i been sayin that 4 a long time to. u know Duncan cares about all that stuff but acts like he dont!!!! its obvious to anybody thats not a blind homer.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Pau will be above Dirk DROB & Duncan when he retires.......
You've GOT to take off those purple and gold sunglasses.

weebo
11-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Pau Gasol was irrelevant before joining the lakers. You can't say the same about Duncan's career.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
if u look at stats DROB isnt even that much better then Pau and Pau almost has as many 'ships as DROB to AND Pau never choked!!!!! Pau is probably better then Duncan right now to overall. Pau will be above Dirk DROB & Duncan when he retires.......

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao This guy is the funniest poster on ST.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao This guy is the funniest poster on ST.
yeah...my jaw pretty much hit the floor on that one :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
yeah...my jaw pretty much hit the floor on that one :lol

You know you're in the presence of greatness when there's a Laker fan who thinks Chloe Kardashian marrying Lamar Odom is actually something for the Lakers to be proud of.

JD909
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM

Shock post.

KSeal
11-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I sure hope the OP was trolling if not, ugh...

ginobili's bald spot
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
You know you're in the presence of greatness when there's a Laker fan who thinks Chloe Kardashian marrying Lamar Odom is actually something for the Lakers to be proud of.

It's obviously a troll.

It better be anyway. There are already enough embarrassing laker fans on this site. "LakazRool4eva"? That's just too much.

sprrs
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Pau Gasol is getting a taste of what it's like playing with another 7 footer in the starting lineup. Something Timmie has experienced most of his career in the NBA.

By "most of his career", do you mean "his first four years"?

mystargtr34
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
As of right now, i would say Duncan and Pau are pretty darn close. If you swapped either one, im not sure you notice much difference between the two teams, they are very similar players. I would give Duncan just a slight edge because of rebounding and defense.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
By "most of his career", do you mean "his first four years"?

No, most of his career. You tote up the cyphers, blanket-head.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2009, 12:51 AM

I see a sensible Laker fan!

.... Get him! They're like the fucking California Condor around here!

jacobdrj
11-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Offensively, I believe that Pau has the edge.

Defensively, there is no comparison: Duncan can anchor one. Pau can not. Duncan in his prime could do almost as much as Ben Wallace in his prime, and give you 20+ ppg at the same time. Pau has no lateral movement on defense.

Either way, Duncan has proven time and time again that he is, on both sides of the ball, more clutch than Pau.

JD909
11-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Offensively, I believe that Pau has the edge.

Defensively, there is no comparison: Duncan can anchor one. Pau can not. Duncan in his prime could do almost as much as Ben Wallace in his prime, and give you 20+ ppg at the same time. Pau has no lateral movement on defense.

Either way, Duncan has proven time and time again that he is, on both sides of the ball, more clutch than Pau.

FkLA
11-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Yo so I guess we should consider Kobe a PF or maybe even a C this year since he's doing most of his work posting up in the paint? Dirk needs to be considered a SG/SF as well cause he lives out on the perimeter, he aint a real PF or C. Lebron aint no SG/SF, he has the ball in his hands 98.7% of the time sounds like a PG to me.

IronMexican
11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Yo so I guess we should consider Kobe a PF or maybe even a C this year since he's doing most of his work posting up in the paint? Dirk needs to be considered a SG/SF as well cause he lives out on the perimeter, he aint a real PF or C. Lebron aint no SG/SF, he has the ball in his hands 98.7% of the time sounds like a PG to me.

One of the best post's ever on this board.

LakeShow
11-30-2009, 09:21 AM

I see a sensible Laker fan!

.... Get him! They're like the fucking California Condor around here!

Funny how out of all the Lakers fans who posted in this thread with intelligence, you call the so-called lakers fan who's only contribution to this subject was "ugh" a sensible fan. :lol

LakeShow
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I ran a couple of stat seaches just to see what kind of results I would get and let me tell you this system sucks. You search for Forwards and they include some FC, you seach for Centers and you receive some FC's. WTF? What in the hell is a F/C? Why is Gasol a FC and he and Duncan play the same position and Duncan is a Forward?

Most of the great Centers in the league, Ewing, Hakeem, Walton, Jabbar, Wilt, etc.. all were Centers in College, they were all drafted as centers and listed in the NBA as centers and remain so today. Guess what? Duncan fits the bill of the other players mentioned.

Artest surely knew what the fuck he was talking about when he said that Duncan was a PIMP. Duncan is the man! He got the NBA to totally disregard the rules to re-classify him with a single letter. I might as well quit hating and recognize.

Tim Superfly Duncan is now one of my favorite players. :toast

Killakobe81
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
TIm Duncan is the greatest PF I agree (IF he really is a PF) which is part o fte OP's point a Center playing PF has a HUGE advantage but saying Duncan is without a doubt the best Defensive PF ever? IDK about that ...I think KG is in the discussion ben Wallace in his prime is as well though he played out of position "the other way" as a undersized "center" I could argue others from history i barely saw ...but that would be foolish. Agree with jamstone intersting debate as for Pau and duncan Gasol is duncan "light" ...great post game, smarts limited vertical ...Duncan is the better defender better anchor Gasol more gifted passer ball-handler (Duncan could always dribble but passing sucked early in his career) Gasol better FT shooter over his career as well Duncan was and IS STILL the greater player but is not a landslide victory either ...

Killakobe81
11-30-2009, 09:51 AM

Yep, I remember reading the fusss about it last year ...Look i alos agree we all know he is a center ...just no one cares enough to argue the fact (media wise) because evryone has accepted the Spurs version of truth ...either way he is still a HOF'er ...

LakeShow
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Yep, I remember reading the fusss about it last year ...Look i alos agree we all know he is a center ...just no one cares enough to argue the fact (media wise) because evryone has accepted the Spurs version of truth ...either way he is still a HOF'er ...

The NBA sucks. :lol

I would be the first to say that he is definitely HOF material but the only category that Tim Duncan was the best is in, is Pimping the NBA. :lol

Killakobe81
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
And dont just use stats BECAUSE if we use stats then I could argue Shaq WAS better when i I KNOW shaq although dominant offensively WAS NOT a better all-around "BIG" than Duncan ...
gAsol could put up bigger numbers if on a lessor team ...if you watch the game you can see he is there with Dirk, bosh, KG and Amare as the best true PF's ...Duncan is the best center with Howard, Bynum a notch below ...

ambchang
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I most definitely agree that Gasol = Duncan.

It only proves that even Laker fans agree that Kobe can't win a championship without the big man of the caliber of Shaq/Gasol(Duncan) leading him.

Kobe = coattail rider.

Culburn369
11-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I most definitely agree that Gasol = Duncan.

:wow

z0sa
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Tim Duncan, WCF 2008: tired, recovering from illness, and still averaging more points, rebounds, and blocks with .5 less assists than Gasol despite facing double and even triple coverage whenever he got the ball (Pau and co. couldn't even attempt to guard old, tired Tim alone).

Tim turned in three monster games: 30/18, 29/17, and 21/23 :wow during his time against Pau in 08 WCF. Shall we go back to 2004?

John Ameachi
11-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Lol the Laker fans talking Gasol up in this thread. You know the next time there's a Jordan vs. Kobe argument, they'll try to discount Gasol as much as possible.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Funny how out of all the Lakers fans who posted in this thread with intelligence, you call the so-called lakers fan who's only contribution to this subject was "ugh" a sensible fan. :lol

The thread is ridiculous.

jacobdrj
11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

:wakeup

FkLA
11-30-2009, 11:09 AM
So the argument here is that Timmy plays like a C therefore he should be listed as one correct? Which is false by the way, he is alot more fluid and natural away from the paint than most Centers. KAJ, Wilt, Shaq, or Russell never had the range Tim does, they never brough the ball up the court, etc. He's more of a PF/C hybrid than a true Center. But to the original question, if thats the case...should Dirk be classified as a SF/SG since he lives out on the perimeter? Kobe a PF/C this year since he has made a living in the paint? Lebron a PG since he has the ball in his hands like 98.758% of the time?

jacobdrj
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
D-Wade and Tony Parker are centers for sure...

hater
11-30-2009, 11:21 AM

/thread

FkLA
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
http://media.omfgif.com/gif/omfg_abe_simpson_in_and_out.gif

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
http://media.omfgif.com/gif/051719Repoter_moped_fail.gif

UnWantedTheory
11-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Are we sure he could?

UnWantedTheory
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM

They wont...and NO.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 03:30 PM
[/b]

Are we sure he could?
I'm sure he couldn't.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/Irenicus_2006/01188f1177154eedbce8b92cd88cf7241.gif http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5849/11427237096420ui.gif http://www.vandamme.ru/animations/Bloodsport2.gif http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/bloodsport.gifhttp://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/dabler88/bloodsport gifs/bloodsport_tea.gif http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/1/f/e1faf4a5bd3a7c54293746f9c8cca545.gif http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/dabler88/bloodsport gifs/bloodsport_trick.gif