PDA

View Full Version : Citizens for a James Madison Memorial

Galileo
11-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Citizens for a James Madison Memorial

James Madison, the fourth president of the United States, is the single most important figure for the idea of religious freedom in America. He is the father of the constitution; he helped pass the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom, instituted the Bill of Rights, and stopped religious tests being mandatory for taking public office.

Washington has a monument. Lincoln has a memorial. And Adams has a show on HBO, but the key figure for our current way of life is often ignored.

No other founding father has done more for religious freedom in America, including the worldviews of humanists, than President Madison. He is a fascinating figure that has been overlooked and should have recognition. He is the most responsible for the religious freedom that our society has today.

I encourage all of you to join the Facebook group here. Share this post and the Citizens for James Madison Memorial on your Facebook. Right now it is about awareness. The goal down the road is to have a memorial designed, funded, and built. Thanks for your support.

http://thecuriouschristian.wordpress.com/2009/11/29/citizens-for-a-james-madison-memorial/

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Just name a high school after him and let it become the highest drug used school in SA, to memorialize him.

panic giraffe
11-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Just name a high school after him and let it become the highest drug used school in SA, to memorialize him.

i hope you're joking.

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
i hope you're joking.

It was when I went there.

panic giraffe
11-29-2009, 04:06 PM
oh......i forgot there was a hs in town named that. i don't know know all the suburbia school names. carry on.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2009, 04:10 PM
He has a state capital named after him. Whenever UW has a home game televised, we honor James Madison.

Galileo
11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
He has a state capital named after him. Whenever UW has a home game televised, we honor James Madison.

"More American places are named for Madison than any other president."

http://www.cleveland.com/books/index.ssf/2009/11/historian_gordon_s_woods_empir.html

ChumpDumper
11-29-2009, 04:20 PM
"More American places are named for Madison than any other president."

http://www.cleveland.com/books/index.ssf/2009/11/historian_gordon_s_woods_empir.htmlSo there you go -- no memorial necessary.

[/thread]

boutons_deux
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
"stopped religious tests being mandatory for taking public office"

holy shit, the Christian supremacists don't wanna memorialize him, but forget that guy!!

Bender
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
It was when I went there.
man, my son will be going there in a few years, now you've got me worried.

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 08:37 PM
oh......i forgot there was a hs in town named that. i don't know know all the suburbia school names. carry on.

You must be a douche bag southsider. Good restaurants but that's it. Not bad traffic since no one lives there.

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 08:40 PM
man, my son will be going there in a few years, now you've got me worried.

They have alot more and better houses around there, so maybe it's not that bad anymore. When I went there, c/o 99, it wasn't bad but there was alot of drugs. If I had kids in hs, and lived in sa, I wouldn't worry about them going there.