PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan is way too good at basketball

noob cake
11-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Lets discuss why Tim Duncan is so good at basketball. He averages like 18/11 but his consistency makes me sick.

He is my favorite non-Rockets player.

Tacker
11-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Bob Petit and Elvin Hayes both have MUCH MUCH Better stats and both > Duncan

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I took my 3 sons to the Garden/Olive style after that one.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Bob Petit and Elvin Hayes both have MUCH MUCH Better stats and both > Duncan
lol 12 year olds talking about players who were retired LONG before they were even a twinkle. lol misspelling those players names. Pettit and Hayes are not on Duncan's level. Let me guess...you searched the internet for "best power forwards" and found players who had better numbers than Duncan, and decided you were going to use that argument that they're better than Tim. Different time, different competition, kiddo. The players today are miles better than they were back then. Much more physical, much stronger, and just plain better.

Spursfan092120
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Ij8cxAHQYhA
God...it's amazing how that still puts a smile on my face..that game was one of the best I think I've ever seen as a Spurs fan.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
lol 12 year olds talking about players who were retired before they were even a twinkle. lol misspelling those players names. Pettit and Hayes are not on Duncan's level. Let me guess...you searched the internet for "best power forwards" and found players who had better numbers than Duncan, and decided you were going to use that argument that they're better than Tim. Different time, different competition, kiddo. The players today are miles better than they were back then. Much more physical, much stronger, and just plain better.

Nonsense. It's arguable:

* non charter travel
* before all the expansion watered down the talent pool
* before Colangelo & Stern civilized play

spursfan09
11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
It's cause he's a not an arrogant punk ass player that you can easily like and not regret it when you see him running down the court after a big shot.

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:04 PM
It's cause he's a not an arrogant punk ass player that you can easily like and not regret it when you see him running down the court after a big shot.

bitching & moaning incessantly over his shoulder for the & 1.

BlackBellamy
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
bitching & moaning incessantly over his shoulder for the & 1.
I see three solutions to that... opposing players quit hacking Duncan on every possession, the refs actually call the foul that has obviously taken place every time Tim touches the ball in the paint or the league could just give T.D. a whistle for the easiest solution (he's trustworthy, in my opinion). Whaddaya say old man?

Culburn369
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
I see three solutions to that... opposing players quit hacking Duncan on every possession, the refs actually call the foul that has obviously taken place every time Tim touches the ball in the paint or the league could just give T.D. a whistle for the easiest solution (he's trustworthy, in my opinion). Whaddaya say old man?

Don't try charmin' me, Bell, I ain't in any kind of a charmin' mood.

blink
11-29-2009, 02:19 PM
tim duncan is overrated. a GREAT player, but not the "best pf of all time" that some people claim him to be

greyforest
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
tim duncan is overrated. a GREAT player, but not the "best pf of all time" that some people claim him to be

he doesnt go off for 90 point games, but he very rarely has off nights. he's also clutch as fuck nearly 100% of the time.