PDA

View Full Version : And here comes the San Antonio Spurs creeping up

BullsDynasty
11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Currently have the longest winning streak in the NBA tied with the Lakers at 5 games. I wouldn't be surprised if this team end up being in the top of the standings by the end of next month. They've been playing great basketball gotta give props to them. Defense is clicking on all cylinders. Good news is the Spurs are able to win despite Parker's and Ginobili's offensive struggles, getting them back to their rhythm will only improve the team. They have a tough schedule up ahead with Boston and Denver at home and away at Utah but 4 days of rest along with the 5 game momentum should make them favorites in all three of those games

TinTin
11-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I really wouldnt say favourites. Boston and Denver will be a nightmare because of the 4 day rust

DPG21920
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
These long stretches of time off between games usually hurts the Spurs.

Amarelooms
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
lol they are beating teams they're suppose to beat...no surprise here. When they actually play a good team let me know

:elephant

pauls931
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh wow...

Washington, Milwaukee, Golden State, Houston, and the Sixers (aka Suns style schedule). I'll give you dibs for Houston even though they've been slumping. You haven't even played a decent team yet. Wait... Wait... I see a win over Dallas. Disregard this message...

DPG21920
11-29-2009, 10:02 PM
All very true. Spurs have not beat any good teams (except the Mavs and maybe Toronto). The true test of championship teams is their record against .500+ teams. But, the Spurs have to start somewhere and they need to win the games against bad teams as well.

They are certainly not the favorites against Denver, Utah or Boston.

pauls931
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
All very true. Spurs have not beat any good teams (except the Mavs and maybe Toronto). The true test of championship teams is their record against .500+ teams. But, the Spurs have to start somewhere and they need to win the games against bad teams as well.

They are certainly not the favorites against Denver, Utah or Boston.

I'll agree, sorry if I sounded harsh, but the current streak reminds me of the kind of schedule the Suns have had where they haven't had to play many good teams. But yeah, you need to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.

Dunc n Dave
11-29-2009, 10:06 PM
lol they are beating teams they're suppose to beat...no surprise here. When they actually play a good team let me know

says the Mavs fan whose team's last 6 wins have come against the Pacers (6-8), Rockets(9-8), Kings(7-8), Bucks(8-7), Pistons (6-11) and a short-handed Spurs team (4-6 at the time they played).

Funny how the Spurs also beat the 2 teams above with winning records (Bucks and Houston).

When the Mavs finally beat a good team, let me know....:toast

EmptyMan
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Scrub teams.

They will be sick on offense if they ever click on all cylinders. This is still months away however, if we are lucky.

DPG21920
11-29-2009, 10:19 PM
It was not harsh, just the truth. Everyone knew the Spurs would struggle early on, but no one could have expected they would look so bad. They are starting to do some nice things, but we won't know how good they can be until further down the road and until they play good teams.

Even early wins against good teams won't tell me anything. It is all circumstantial and I would not expect to know how good the Spurs can be until about 50-60 games in.

pauls931
11-29-2009, 10:21 PM
It was not harsh, just the truth. Everyone knew the Spurs would struggle early on, but no one could have expected they would look so bad. They are starting to do some nice things, but we won't know how good they can be until further down the road and until they play good teams.

Even early wins against good teams won't tell me anything. It is all circumstantial and I would not expect to know how good the Spurs can be until about 50-60 games in.

WRONG!!! The correct answer for a Spurs fan is 82 games into the season. :toast

BlackSwordsMan
11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
yup spurs have only beaten non-playoff contenders, call me when they beat the lakers or celtics

BlackSwordsMan
11-29-2009, 10:25 PM

is that noami russell?

carrao45
11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
yup spurs have only beaten non-playoff contenders, call me If they get lucky and they beat the lakers or celtics

:toast

BlackSwordsMan
11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
:toast, tell yourself that

benefactor
11-29-2009, 10:27 PM
My current prediction is 20-10 by the end of the year. We'll see if it holds.

Spursmania
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
:huddle:

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 10:33 PM

Teams like GSW?
Although I agree they are beating teams they should, unlike Dal, but it's more than that. They are running plays smoother and consistent roles are starting to develop.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I cant wait 4 days dammit

spursncowboys
11-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Spurs historically start really doing good after the Rodeo trip which is around 50 games.