PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Now I know the Nets suck...that's apparent. But is it possible that they're tanking already to get some help on the court in their attempt to bring in Lebron next year?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they got the #1 overall pick.....they should trade Yi regardless, if they get the #1 overall pick they should trade Devin Harris for a cheaper asset so they have even more cap room, draft John Wall, and have the ability to give Bosh and Lebron max contracts. I know everyone on this site loves Harris but Wall is a true PG and will be better than Harris.

ginobili's bald spot
11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if they got the #1 overall pick.....they should trade Yi regardless, if they get the #1 overall pick they should trade Devin Harris for a cheaper asset so they have even more cap room, draft John Wall, and have the ability to give Bosh and Lebron max contracts. I know everyone on this site loves Harris but Wall is a true PG and will be better than Harris.

True. Wall is light years better than Devin Harris.

TheMACHINE
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
thats a smart move if they do...would be funny if they lose at the lottery lol

pauls931
11-30-2009, 12:28 PM
No way I think. They risk too much hate and San Antonio coming along and stealing their pick. (ask Boston)

Muser
11-30-2009, 12:34 PM
How the fuck would San Antonio "steal the pick"??

As for the OP it would be a wise move, the Nets are doing nothing this year and so getting a good Pick + lots of cap space could make them deadly next year if they play it right.

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
No way I think. They risk too much hate and San Antonio coming along and stealing their pick. (ask Boston)

How is San Antonio going to steal the pick? Is San Antonio going to miss the playoffs?

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
thats a smart move if they do...would be funny if they lose at the lottery lol
it'd be hilarious

As for the OP it would be a wise move, the Nets are doing nothing this year and so getting a good Pick + lots of cap space could make them deadly next year if they play it right.
exactly what I was thinking. I mean..this is a business..you have to do what's right for the team, and if losing is what's right..then you need to lose.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Trading Harris and getting Wall would definitely help the future of this team, and if they get what they need to pick up Bosh and Bron...ouch.

Allanon
11-30-2009, 03:41 PM
I can understand tanking.

But I don't think any NBA player, coach, GM, owner would go for an 0 & 17 tanking on purpose. :lol

Thunder Dan
11-30-2009, 03:45 PM
If they were indeed tanking, someone would talk by now. You have to field an awful team to tank games (2002 Cavs

Thunder Dan
11-30-2009, 03:45 PM
double post

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
anyone that thinks the Nets are tanking right now really doesn't follow basketball at all, for a lot of this season, we have had like 2 starters starting the rest were bench players.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
anyone that thinks the Nets are tanking right now really doesn't follow basketball at all, for a lot of this season, we have had like 2 starters starting the rest were bench players.
That statement represents that you don't know a lot about it either. That simple fact, that they have had their starters out for as long as they have, and will continue to have them out, shows that they just might tank.

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 04:16 PM
That statement represents that you don't know a lot about it either. That simple fact, that they have had their starters out for as long as they have, and will continue to have them out, shows that they just might tank.

actually they won't continue to have them out, most of them are starting to come back and will be back in December, read more about the Nets and you will know this

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 04:20 PM
actually they won't continue to have them out, most of them are starting to come back and will be back in December, read more about the Nets and you will know this
well, at 0-17, it might be a smart move to tank...get Wall, trade Harris, and have Jay-Z send Beyonce over to Bron-Bron's house to "persuade" him to join the Nets.

iggypop123
11-30-2009, 06:26 PM
john wall would be useless unless they trade harris.

Stump
11-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Even if they end up with the worst record in the NBA, there's still only a 25% chance that they land the #1 pick. No reason to try planning for Wall until the draft order has been laid out.

Spursfan092120
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
john wall would be useless unless they trade harris.
trade him...get a cheaper piece of the puzzle, and use that money for Bron Bron and Bosh.

Bukefal
11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Where do you think Lebron will end up next season? Nyets or Knicks?

KidCongo
11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Where do you think Lebron will end up next season? Nyets or Knicks?

Cleveland....

JoeTait75
11-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Why would the Nets intentionally tank? If they were planning on making a run at LeBron, they already had the nucleus to do it. Besides, they would be more attractive to LBJ as a team on the rise rather than a team on the verge of breaking an NBA record for futility.

I mean, they might be tanking now, but I doubt that was their plan at the start.