PDA

View Full Version : finally saw GI Joe

Blake
11-30-2009, 04:02 PM
damn that was horrible. I cant believe they tried to squeeze in a "knowing is half the battle" line.

what a miserable let-down.

bigzak25
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
dude, it was a good flick.

biggest letdown has to be terminator. i just saw that sat night and it was shit.

maybe 10 good minutes of action in 2 hours of boring dialogue and bad acting.

DarkReign
11-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry, always loved this pic

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj6/stymie1224/gijoeknowing.jpg

DarkReign
11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
So really, all you need is Nicholas Cage's character from...

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/knowing_foreign_poster3.jpg

DarkReign
11-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Apparently, the German version of Nicholas Cage's character is knowing more, mein fuhrer.

Blake
11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Sorry, always loved this pic

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj6/stymie1224/gijoeknowing.jpg

that's funny. :lol

Blake
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

biggest letdown has to be terminator. i just saw that sat night and it was shit.

terminator was definitely a letdown, but with no Arnold, my expectations were somewhat low.

speaking of Nicholas Cage, I also saw Astro Boy.

It was mediocre at best. I would say wait for it to come on Cartoon Network.

Frenzy
11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
What's with the average looking girl in the movie? I could throw a rock outside and hit someone better than that.

coyotes_geek
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
damn that was horrible. I cant believe they tried to squeeze in a "knowing is half the battle" line.

what a miserable let-down.

+1

Wife and I watched that this weekend. Awful.

jcrod
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
I also just watched it, very disappointing. Acting was horrible, i don't see why they keep putting that dude (Tatum?) who played Duke in movies.

fraga
11-30-2009, 07:45 PM
You know...I watched it with very little expectations...for what it was...I was actually pleasantly surprised up until the end...I let alot of things slide...put aside my child hood memories about G.I. Joe...and said okay...for this movie...I'll buy it...but when it came time to putting on Cobra Commanders "Mask" instead of his Silver domed mask..or his even better...more memorable...blue cloth mask...I was like...WTF is that thing supposed to be...and then Destro's stupid looking chrome face...I was like that's it...they done fucked up this whole thing...I want my money back...

florige
12-01-2009, 08:03 AM

Thanks alot Zak I was on my way to buy that movie today when it came out. :lol Anyway on GiJoe, I actually thought that it wasn't too bad of a movie. Probably because I went in thinking it was going to be 100x's worse. And as for Tatum playing Duke, he wasn't the best, but he didn't ruin the movie for me either. Did anyone else notice that he talked in a monotone voice throughout the movie though? lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
DarkReign's posts in this thread are full of win! :tu :lol

to21
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
IMO Terminator wasn't near the level of suck as GI Joe.

MoSpur
12-01-2009, 02:21 PM
LOL. I watched it not too long ago for the first time as well and was very disappointed. I was a huge G.I Joe fan as a kid. That movie blew and was one of the worse.