View Full Version : Any Muse fans here?

red strike 07
11-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Saw the boys last month at the new cowboys stadium they were great

better than U2

XPYLIy3FWpk

katyon6th
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm a fan of Muse. At this point they're better than U2 because U2 has been making shit music lately but overall, U2 has the edge because they were good for so long.

red strike 07
11-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm a fan of Muse. At this point they're better than U2 because U2 has been making shit music lately but overall, U2 has the edge because they were good for so long.

I agree with you on that...

Do you have the new Muse album it's one of their best

BacktoBasics
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Big fan here.

atxrocker
11-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Muse at the new stadium? Damn... sounds amazing.

dirk4mvp
11-30-2009, 11:58 PM
:tu

Xylus
12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Huge Muse fan. I've seen them live twice, and plan on seeing them again whenever they come through the US again (sometime next year).

Stockholm Syndrome is their best song, imo, and Absolution is their best album.

lil'mo
12-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Any band that is comparable to U2 must suck, big time.

DieMrBond
12-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Big Muse fan here, Matt has one of the best voices in music. Uno has always been my favourite Muse song, that was such a brilliant album.

HOWEVER - i cannot understand U2. How did such an average band get so big? I have listened to their entire catalogue, and struggled. I just cannot see the appeal in them at all...

ATRAIN
12-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Another fan here. Take a Bow is one of my fav songs. Before the radio played the shit out of it the first time I heard Knights of Cydonia my mind was blown. I heard it at least 4 or 5 times back to back.

sonic21
12-01-2009, 08:26 AM
huge fan too.

I've seen them live in Paris in 2007.
They'll be in Paris next june, already have my tickets.

ATRAIN
12-01-2009, 08:26 AM
I have yet to see Muse live :(, everytime I was supposed to see them something came up............FML

katyon6th
12-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Muse @ ACL 2007.

If you haven't seen them live, you have to. It'll change your life, I swear.

bus driver
12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
no....

katyon6th
12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
You're always so negative, bus driver. You need a new job.

bus driver
12-01-2009, 10:48 AM
You're always so negative, bus driver. You need a new job.

ok... they are the best band in the whole wide world. :toast

Soul_Patch
12-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Been a big fan for a while, they are really good. Havent seen them live, but would like to.

tp2021
12-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I hated when that POS Knights of Cydonia was getting huge play on 101X. It was like they played that song on a loop 24/7. The album version, which they would play, is like 6 freaking minutes of the same shit over and over...and Lord knows that the video was just as long and stupid...VH1 or MTV or whichever channel bothers to show music videos would have to show it once and then BAM go to commercial. Waste of time.

I liked Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight though. :)

ATRAIN
12-01-2009, 11:44 AM
I hated when that POS Knights of Cydonia was getting huge play on 101X. It was like they played that song on a loop 24/7. The album version, which they would play, is like 6 freaking minutes of the same shit over and over...and Lord knows that the video was just as long and stupid...VH1 or MTZV or whichever channel bothers to show music videos would have to show it once and then BAM go to commercial. Waste of time.

I liked Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight though. :)

THEY PLAYED THE FUCK OUT OF IT!!! I loved it before that though.

101x is the reason why I dont like Nirvana or Beastie Boys anymore.

DisAsTerBot
12-01-2009, 12:24 PM

:lol. They freakin LOVE the beastie. if i turn to 101x i know it's gonna be muse, beastie, toadies...

tp2021
12-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Yeah, sounds like how 94.7 would play basically any song off Nevermind. It was kinda cool...for a hot second.

Fat Bones
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Stockholm Syndrome is their best song, imo, and Absolution is their best album.

This.

I was a huge fan once I finally discovered them, but haven't really liked their last two releases. Meh.

DarkReign
12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I heard Muse for the first time the other day, about 8-10 songs. Its like a combination of Radiohead and The Killers, only not good.

But whatever blows your skirt up, I guess.

mardigan
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Muse @ ACL 2007.

Saw them there too. They put on such a great show (although Andrew Bird stole the whole festival for me). Mathew Bellamy is brilliant.

katyon6th
12-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Saw them there too. They put on such a great show (although Andrew Bird stole the whole festival for me). Mathew Bellamy is brilliant.

Andrew Bird stole it for me too! He's fucking amazing. I've been a fan of his for years. Have you heard any of Noble Beast yet?

mardigan
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Andrew Bird stole it for me too! He's fucking amazing. I've been a fan of his for years. Have you heard any of Noble Beast yet?

Yea, I love it. The only problem is my love for the second disc. Its all instrumentals and its by far my favorite part of the album.

thispego
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Muse @ ACL 2007.

ROFL @ at live band changing ones life :lmao

IronMexican
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I prefer My Chemical Romance.

IronMexican
12-01-2009, 11:18 PM
:tu

gay.

listen to Radiohead, dewd.

dirk4mvp
12-01-2009, 11:22 PM
gay.

listen to Radiohead, dewd.

I do brah.

I don't like this however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPD_mRGegEI&feature=fvst

IronMexican
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I do brah.

I don't like this however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPD_mRGegEI&feature=fvst

That's my favorite song. This is second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwBMPEnMDI

WildcardManu
12-02-2009, 05:16 AM
I prefer My Chemical Romance.

Completely different band than Muse. MCR is good but not Muse good.

alamo50
12-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Been a fan since I saw them perform in Holland at a festival in 2001. Have seen them perform live 2 more times. Best live band in the world.

benefactor
12-02-2009, 08:20 AM
They are one of those bands that I never really listened to but I am now getting in to. They were great live at the Cowboys Stadium...too bad they only got to use a small portion of that badass media setup that U2 used.

RedsLakers24
12-02-2009, 04:08 PM
The Killers are the Best, for some reason Muse puts me to sleep, i dont really like U2, my fave bands are

1. The Killers
2. MGMT
3. Weezer
4. Silversun Pickups
5. Mana (spanish rock)
6. Sublime
7. The White Stripes
8. Nirvana
9. Smashing Pumpkins
10. Conjunto Primavera

panic giraffe
12-02-2009, 05:38 PM
i liked them better when they were called radiohead.

just like i liked coldplay when they were called U2.

if you don't get that then you have two left ears.

bands need to step their game up and make their own sound.

panic giraffe
12-02-2009, 05:39 PM
and if you ever want to see what a real "live" band should look like, go see sonic youth some time.

Xylus
12-02-2009, 06:15 PM
i liked them better when they were called radiohead.

just like i liked coldplay when they were called U2.

if you don't get that then you have two left ears.

bands need to step their game up and make their own sound.

They haven't sounded anything like Radiohead since Showbiz. That was 4 albums and 10 years ago. Matt Bellamy and Thom Yorke share vocal similarities, and they're both British bands, but that's as far as the similarities go.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
The Killers are the Best, for some reason Muse puts me to sleep, i dont really like U2, my fave bands are

1. The Killers
2. MGMT
3. Weezer
4. Silversun Pickups
5. Mana (spanish rock)
6. Sublime
7. The White Stripes
8. Nirvana
9. Smashing Pumpkins
10. Conjunto Primavera

MGMT > The Killers

Just barely tho.

Xylus
12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
MGMT > The Killers

Just barely tho.

MGMT's debut had two great songs, two or three pretty good songs, and then a bunch of filler. I hope their sophomore effort is more consistent.

I will concede, though, that "Time to Pretend" is one of the decade's best songs.

dirk4mvp
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
My favorite MGMT song is Indie Rokkers. For some reason it wasn't on Oracular Spectacular. That album is very good, but not album of the year like some thought.

RedsLakers24
12-02-2009, 06:44 PM
From MGMT i like: Weekend Wars, Time To Pretend, Kids, The Youth, Electric Feel, their old stuff is good also, you guys should listen to them

RedsLakers24
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiFNQBRwwU

Soul_Patch
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
and if you ever want to see what a real "live" band should look like, go see sonic youth some time.

Saw then in 1995 i think it was, at Lolapalooza in Austin. My very first time taking acid, so i was quite freaked out...but i remember being amazed by them. I was kind of a fan before, but have been a huge fan since.

DisAsTerBot
12-03-2009, 11:05 AM

:toast
first time is saw them was the best show i've seen

panic giraffe
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Saw then in 1995 i think it was, at Lolapalooza in Austin. My very first time taking acid, so i was quite freaked out...but i remember being amazed by them. I was kind of a fan before, but have been a huge fan since.

dude that's crazy i met them when i was on acid. it was at a record signing/mini-performance at waterloo records like '02ish. i didn't even know they were going to be there i just went to get my ticket to see them at stubbs later and it was around my bday so my cousin gave me some acid that made psychology class fun. afterwards i took a bus down to waterloo, and got in line to get in (it cut off right behind me, talk about luck) i didn't have anything for them to sign besides a unused ticket to their show, but i did have a voice recorder i used for class. thurston and kim seemed the least amused by my drug induced pleas of "can you just say something into the mic?". I think they said "hi this is thurston and this is kim from sonic youth" or something boring like that. Lee however, probably noticed my dime sized pupils and said something smart like "hey this is lee ronaldo from sonic youth and this is my audio autograph, moon pies. moon pies. moon pies" until i started just cracking up and moved down the line. the show at stubbs later that night was awesome.

DisAsTerBot
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
dude that's crazy i met them when i was on acid. it was at a record signing/mini-performance at waterloo records like '02ish. i didn't even know they were going to be there i just went to get my ticket to see them at stubbs later and it was around my bday so my cousin gave me some acid that made psychology class fun. afterwards i took a bus down to waterloo, and got in line to get in (it cut off right behind me, talk about luck) i didn't have anything for them to sign besides a unused ticket to their show, but i did have a voice recorder i used for class. thurston and kim seemed the least amused by my drug induced pleas of "can you just say something into the mic?". I think they said "hi this is thurston and this is kim from sonic youth" or something boring like that. Lee however, probably noticed my dime sized pupils and said something smart like "hey this is lee ronaldo from sonic youth and this is my audio autograph, moon pies. moon pies. moon pies" until i started just cracking up and moved down the line. the show at stubbs later that night was awesome.

sweet! that's the first time I saw em

Soul_Patch
12-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Making me want to go listen to some of my old CD's now. that Lollapalooza was a blast. My first big outdoor concert, first time on acid, man...i think you could call that day a changing point in my life. lol...

IronMexican
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I see a paranoid android vewing the thread. Wonder who'd troll that is.

Anyways, what does Muse sound like? Do they sound like any Radiohead album. and if they do, which one?

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 02:22 PM
I see a paranoid android vewing the thread. Wonder who'd troll that is.

Anyways, what does Muse sound like? Do they sound like any Radiohead album. and if they do, which one?

I'm surprised you've never heard any of it. They've been getting a lot of play on ESPN the last couple of months.

IronMexican
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
I've probably heard them and didn't pay attention. Are they like Techno or something? Do they sound like the Kid A album? That album was alright but the only song I really loved was How to Disappear Completely.

IronMexican
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
That was an alright song.

Man Sauce
12-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I had never heard of Muse prior to seeing them open up for U2 in Dallas. They were fuckin awesome! Great live band I'm a big fan now.

Xylus
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
"Plug In Baby (Live at Wembley Stadium)"
99I7gpswhQ4

"Stockholm Syndrome"
2W0mKmUgKlc

"Time is Running Out"
7JLfCCGOers

Xylus
12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Muse is massively popular in the UK, as you can see if you watch that first video I just posted. They sell out stadiums there. For some reason, they've never gotten too big here in the States.