PDA

View Full Version : Vandeweghe to take over as Nets coach

duncan228
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Vandeweghe to take over as Nets coach (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-netscoach113009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears

Kiki Vandeweghe will coach the New Jersey Nets for the rest of the season, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After convincing veteran coach Del Harris to join his staff, Vandeweghe met with Nets president Rod Thorn late Monday afternoon and accepted the job replacing Lawrence Frank on the team’s bench.

Frank was fired as the Nets coach on Sunday, one game before the team matched the NBA’s worst start ever at 0-17.

Yahoo! Sports first reported Vandeweghe was leaning toward accepting the job with Harris on his staff.

Vandeweghe’s coaching experience has been limited to serving as a former assistant for the Dallas Mavericks. Harris has previously served similar associate head coaching roles in Chicago and Dallas.

Vandeweghe’s contract is expected to be finalized in the next couple days. Harris will arrive in New Jersey on Wednesday.

Vandeweghe will likely make his debut on Friday against the Charlotte Bobcats. Tom Barrise will coach the Nets on Wednesday when they can set the record against Dallas.

Culburn369
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh, Lordy.

iggypop123
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
rewarding the gm for his trades. good work russian

Dex
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
This should be just the turnaround that the 0-17 Nets need.

:lmao

They can go 0-41 for all I care. I'm just watching for comedic value; like a Three Stooges routine.

duhoh
11-30-2009, 08:04 PM
how low they have sunk. . .

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
rewarding the gm for his trades. good work russian

russian dude isn't owning the team yet, Ratner still is as of now, hopefully he will be gone soon:toast

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 08:23 PM
I love how people only follow the Nets, when they suck and when they had Kidd and made it to the finals they got no respect at all

Culburn369
11-30-2009, 08:35 PM
It was after he'd been beating on his wife & throwin' McDonald's at her, so he couldn't be touched with a 10 foot pole. They/Media/NBA were just grateful that Daddy got him finally to stop, albeit with the 3 peat. tee, hee.

Basketballgirl25
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
It was after he'd been beating on his wife & throwin' McDonald's at her, so he couldn't be touched with a 10 foot pole. They/Media/NBA were just grateful that Daddy got him finally to stop, albeit with the 3 peat. tee, hee.

hugh I just metioned Nets got no respect when they were good, I find it funny when they suck more people seem to respect and talk about them, actually good to hear talk:lol