11-30-2009, 11:11 PM
lol at Barea getting 30 minutes and killing us w/ TO's and his D
lol at Roddy only getting 9
lol at Hump and TT not playing at all
Rick is a dumb shit sometimes

badfish22
11-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Kidds line
22 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, with only 2 turnovers.

ElNono
11-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I only caught the last quarter pretty much and I kept wondering why the heck is barea and gooden handling the ball and taking the shots when you have Dirk, JT and Kidd out there with them?

ElNono
11-30-2009, 11:21 PM
BTW, Marion still looks hurt and Dirk had some back pain at the end there too...

Findog
11-30-2009, 11:48 PM
I only caught the last quarter pretty much and I kept wondering why the heck is barea and gooden handling the ball and taking the shots when you have Dirk, JT and Kidd out there with them?

I was at the game. He actually hit a couple big shots in the 4th quarter. Carlisle also went to the 3-guard lineup late in the 1st half. I kept track, they were +4 in the 2nd quarter with it. Anyways, I think Coach Rick overuses him, but I don't think he was the problem tonight.

z0sa
11-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Does Mavfan actually still like Terry's little jet plane impersonation? If I saw Manu do that, i'd probably barf.

sribb43
12-01-2009, 12:42 AM
I was at the game. He actually hit a couple big shots in the 4th quarter. Carlisle also went to the 3-guard lineup late in the 1st half. I kept track, they were +4 in the 2nd quarter with it. Anyways, I think Coach Rick overuses him, but I don't think he was the problem tonight.

In the 4th the mavs don't need JJB offense they need stops. We have Dirk and jet for offense in the 4th. For every bucket he scores, Willie green scored jet as many on his ass

ElNono
12-01-2009, 01:07 AM

It's just not smart basketball. Every shot Barea takes is like playing Russian roulette, when that same shot could've been taken by Dirk or Jet and it's money in the bank.
Same shit with handling the ball at crunchtime. You let JJ bring the ball up, pressure comes, he panics => turnover. Meanwhile, you have Kidd and JET on the court looking at all of that.
I'm not saying not to play Barea period. Play him in the first 3 quarters and let him make mistakes when the game is not on the line.

Kai
12-01-2009, 01:17 AM
motherfuckers

tell me how his ass taste

salty:depressed

monosylab1k
12-01-2009, 01:19 AM
I don't care what kind of playmaker he is, you can't be taken seriously if you rely on JJ Barea in crunch time situations. He's a change of pace sideshow act that needs to be relegated to 10-15 minutes a night and nothing more.

duhoh
12-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Kidds line
22 points, 6 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks, with only 2 turnovers.

wow. talk about flashback :lol

duhoh
12-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Does Mavfan actually still like Terry's little jet plane impersonation? If I saw Manu do that, i'd probably barf.

so would i, but he's a jet [J.E.T.] by name, not by play style :downspin:

Basketballgirl25
12-01-2009, 04:38 PM
LOL sons Mavs do need the next game with Nets more than this one IMHO. the whole world would hate Mavs if they somehow failed to help Nets set the brandnew NBA record.

They whole world wouldn't hate the Mavs if they failed to win, they would just get laughed at like Knicks and Nets always get laughed at:toast

Steve Jobs
12-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Congrats on a miracle shot to beat a scrub team.

Spursmania
12-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Mavs gave the Nets a beat down today though. Terry had 18 points today.

Fpoonsie
12-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Why would a SPURS fan bump this thread?

badfish22
12-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Why would a SPURS fan bump this thread?
Because he recognizes good play, even if its not by the team he roots for? Crazy, isnt it?

Fpoonsie
12-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Because he recognizes good play, even if its not by the team he roots for? Crazy, isnt it?

Had Jennings been beasting again or had Wade put another helpless defender on a poster, I could understand...

...but it's fucking TERRY. The consensus amongst SpurFan is he's a little bitch that doesn't warrant our recognition, much less praise. And I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I claim as much...

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:46 AM
...but it's fucking TERRY. The consensus amongst SpurFan is he's a little bitch that doesn't warrant our recognition, much less praise. And I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I claim as much...

Then you're letting your bias get in the way. Nobody said he's as good as Wade or Brandon Jennings, but he is the reigning sixth man of the year. I'm a Mavs fan, and although I despised Bruce Bowen, I recognize good defense when I see it. To say he doesn't "warrant recognition" sounds like an attempt to downplay the fact that he's a very good player. I didn't like Bowen, but in his prime, was there a better perimeter stopper than him?

Fpoonsie
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Then you're letting your bias get in the way. Nobody said he's as good as Wade or Brandon Jennings, but he is the reigning sixth man of the year. I'm a Mavs fan, and although I despised Bruce Bowen, I recognize good defense when I see it. To say he doesn't "warrant recognition" sounds like an attempt to downplay the fact that he's a very good player. I didn't like Bowen, but in his prime, was there a better perimeter stopper than him?

Of course it's bias. I was alluding to the bias I ASSUMED most of my fellow fans shared toward Jason.

Now, I'm doing my best to "grow" as a fan, but if that's not bull shit you just fed me, you're certainly the bigger person thus far.

I simply can't stand that fucker.

Findog
12-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Of course it's bias. I was alluding to the bias I ASSUMED most of my fellow fans shared toward Jason.

Now, I'm doing my best to "grow" as a fan, but if that's not bull shit you just fed me, you're certainly the bigger person thus far.

I can understand that, but Terry is one of those guys that you love on your team and hate him on the opposition...like Bowen or Laimbeer.

dirk4mvp
12-03-2009, 01:41 AM

He plays up the home crowd and plays villain on the road. Who gives a shit?

IronMexican
12-03-2009, 01:42 AM
He plays up the home crowd and plays villain on the road. Who gives a shit?

Every time I hear the word "villain", I think of a guy with a twirly mustache.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Every time I hear the word "villain", I think of a guy with a twirly mustache.

I think of Montalban as "Kahn" in "The Wrath of Kahn" He is incensed & utterly ruthless. It's a great part.

Spursmania
12-03-2009, 08:07 AM

Don't get me wrong, I never said I liked the guy. I can't stand him either. But, he's playing pretty damn well even a homer fan has got to see that.

As Zosa said if any of our guys went down the court doing stupid shit like Jet, I'd barf too.