PDA

View Full Version : Barbosa out 2-4 weeks

Xylus
12-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Latest on Barbosa

Suns guard Leandro Barbosa is probably looking at missing two to four weeks of games because of the left ankle sprain he suffered in the fourth quarter of Sunday's win at Toronto.

There is no definitive timeline beyond sitting out the road trip's final two games but he likely will miss more (two weeks means seven games and four weeks would mean 14 games) because there is no clear-cut recovery time on ankle sprains. In the next couple days, Barbosa will begin to do some proprioceptive exercise to help his balance and stabilize the ankle. Once he gets his range of motion back, he can begin strength exercises.

"The swelling's already better," Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson said after the team's practice today at an athletic club by Central Park. "We can get it under control now."

The Suns have gone through this before when Barbosa's sore right wrist kept him out of three road games. They went 2-1, including the wins at Boston and Miami and the loss at Orlando. As expected, the role will again be filled by committee with Grant Hill, Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic all available to slide over to the shooting guard spot some. Alando Tucker will also be activated to be used, if necessary.

Toronto's Hedo Turkoglu caused the injury. It did not appear malicious but it was at least careless. The foul on the play actually came from Marco Belinelli from behind Barbosa's jump shot but Turkoglu was stepping into him to challenge it. Turkoglu turned his left side toward Barbosa with his left arm extended to challenge the shot, putting his left foot under Barbosa's left foot when he landed.

This does not bode well for the Suns. Luckily, Gentry's been keeping JRich's minutes down, so he can afford to play a little longer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Hopefully the next Barbosa injury comes when the Suns play the Spurs in the playoffs.

ElNono
12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
I haven't been keeping tabs on the Suns. Is this good news or bad news?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM

It's insignificant. Sunfan loves Barbosa cause he looks like an adorable little 10 year old special needs kid kid just happy to be playing basketball, but he also has the basketball IQ you'd expect from a 10 year old special needs kid.

Xylus
12-01-2009, 12:18 AM

Barbosa hasn't been as important to the team lately because they finally have a solid bench, meaning he's not the only player they rely on for offense when the starters sit. But he's still our only backup SG--we have Alando Tucker, but the last time he played, he airballed two fairly open shots. Losing JRich would be a much bigger hit to the team.

However, this is our December schedule:

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

We need everyone to play.

sribb43
12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Was looking forward to a Beaubois Barbosa matchup next week

Goran Dragic
12-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Last I checked, they have me. Nash can slide over to the two and I can dish him some white magic.

timaios
12-01-2009, 12:42 AM
However, this is our December schedule:

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

We need everyone to play.

Brutal ! :wow

Xylus
12-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Brutal ! :wow

Seriously. That's like 6 of the top 8 teams in the whole league.

MavDynasty
12-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Whats your prediction for the Suns record in December?That's tough.

Xylus
12-01-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm predicting a 9-7 record in December. Wins are in bold.

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

Xylus
12-01-2009, 02:25 AM
The Suns have road wins against Boston, Miami, and Houston already. They have the ability to take a few big ones on the road. Hard to say which ones they'll be, though.

pauls931
12-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Barbosa was playing pretty well off the bench recently so it's significant. Please tell me he didn't step on Lopez's foot. Why couldn't it be Lopez!!!!!!!!!?

BTW, the up and coming schedule is brutal. They might have a prayer against Dallas, Denver, San Antonio, and Cleveland (depends if the refs give LBJ 3 or 4 steps that night, shaq will be in revenge mode). Orlando and Lakers, no way in hell and probably the same with Boston.

KidCongo
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
You aren't beating Cleveland.

wanggi
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM

On the contrary, I think that Cleveland Cavs are the easiest to beat among those contenders.

KidCongo
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
On the contrary, I think that Cleveland Cavs are the easiest to beat among those contenders.

So did some Mav fans last game.

Culburn369
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM

I'll be holding you to that exclamation.

noob cake
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm predicting a 9-7 record in December. Wins are in bold.

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

Such a tough schedule; they have already played 12 road games. Fakers won't get play their 12th road game until sometimes in Jan.

Stern is so good at fixxing.

Culburn369
12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
After Nash quit on Porter and the team and conspired with others to do likewise they deserve it.

Culburn369
12-01-2009, 10:11 AM

Maybe he should try and fix Yao's foot & McGrady's gut, eh?

tee, hee.

Thunder Dan
12-01-2009, 10:37 AM

yeah the Suns will come into Cleveland off a back to back and beat the Cavs....sweet dreams

Goran Dragic
12-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Damn nigga we got some sensitive Cavs fans up in hurr.

ginobili's bald spot
12-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Such a tough schedule; they have already played 12 road games. Fakers won't get play their 12th road game until sometimes in Jan.

Ya Stern is really good at booking the STAPLES center with awards shows and other events so that the Lakers can't play there during certain times of the season. :lol You are one stupid motherfucker. I guess at the end of the season when the Lakers have a shit load of road games we should say "stern is rly gud at fixxing". Everybody plays the same amount of home and road games you stupid fuck, so quit your uneducated bitching.

duhoh
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Losses are in bold. If the Suns can remain in the top 4 after Dec., this would be huge and could lead to a very good season.

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

i agree, but i'm not sold on CLE yet though :king

Will Hunting
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM

The Lakers have played 16 games, 8 of which against teams with below .500 records.

The Suns have played 17 games, 12 of which against teams with below .500 records.

Yup! The Suns schedule has been so much harder than LA's.

Spursmania
12-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Losses are in bold

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

December is when the Suns come back to earth. The schedule is brutal.

Xylus
12-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Losses are in bold

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

So you're predicting that the Suns will lose every game against +.500 teams?

Lars
12-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I have a hard time believing the Suns are going to lose 5 straight. Maybe 2-3 in that stretch, at worse 1-4, but no way they drop 5 in a row.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
If Dallas isn't healthy when Phoenix plays them Phoenix is probably favored to win. Richardson has been great posting up smaller shooting guards this year, he'd have a huge mismatch against Jason Terry in the post. Between that and the Nash Amare pick and roll, Phoenix should be able to beat Dallas if Howard and Marion are injured.

rjv
12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Hopefully the next Barbosa injury comes when the Suns play the Spurs in the playoffs.

and give suns fan another excuse to whine about for years? hell no !

KidCongo
12-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Looks like no one predicted them losing to the Knicks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 10:42 PM
Quite the premature ejaculation from some fans declaring Amare has fully matured and grown up 5 games into the season. This lazy fuck hasn't changed one bit.

sribb43
12-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Losses are in bold

@New York
@Cleveland
Sacramento
@LA Lakers
@Dallas
Orlando
@Denver
San Antonio
@Portland
Washington
Cleveland
Oklahoma City
LA Clippers
@Golden State
LA Lakers
Boston

Your predictions are already an epic fail... :lmao Knicks

Spursmania
12-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Your predictions are already an epic fail... :lmao Knicks

Really...didn't see that one coming so soon. Although, I'd hardly call it an epic fail given we all know the Suns propensity to make matters worse for themselves.:lol

Spursmania
12-02-2009, 12:12 AM
looks like no one predicted them losing to the knicks.

+1

Jeremy
12-02-2009, 01:04 AM
yeah the Suns will come into Cleveland off a back to back and beat the Cavs....sweet dreams

You're seriously underestimating the amount of hate all of the Suns have for Shaq.

Culburn369
12-02-2009, 01:23 AM
You're seriously underestimating the amount of hate all of the Suns have for Shaq.

Nash won't frog march Daddy to the gallows as easy as he did Porter.

Spursmania
12-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Phoenix loses again tonight to Cleveland. Thus far, 0-2 for December.

Mori Chu
12-03-2009, 03:42 PM
I blame Amare. Get some damn boards, actually try out there.

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Would you trade Amare for Bynum today, Mori?

mojorizen7
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Nash won't frog march Daddy to the gallows as easy as he did Porter.

:lol

mojorizen7
12-03-2009, 04:56 PM
SOSAS
Most NBA teams have a plan B for when the jumpshots aren't falling....like getting stops,crashing the glass and getting high % shots.
The SUNS made this bed. Having only one good defensive player on a team full of jump shooters is a recipe for another 50 & fade.

I just cant get excited for this same old same old.
Where's Earl Clark?
Why is Duds only getting 20 minutes per?
Ben Wallace is having a pretty nice year in Detroit.
#%@&!
http://pioneerpcllc.com/images/out%20window.jpg

Culburn369
12-03-2009, 05:05 PM
He didn't want to pay Marion, Daddy, Pavlovic or Wallace, and he ended up not having to.

Besides, Wallace is fool's gold. You don't have to guard him, so it ends up 5 on 4 and yer f'ked.

Clark should get minutes. They're almost afraid to play him because he'll proof to be "a bust."....so they let him sit so there is doubt.

Mike D
12-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Here is a good read for the less intelligent folks, such as yourself.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2009/12/2/1182718/17-of-21-aint-all-its-cracked-up

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Phoenix loses again tonight to Cleveland. Thus far, 0-2 for December.

Thanks for the groundbreaking news fat beaner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I blame Amare. Get some damn boards, actually try out there.

He got 12 boards last night, the team's problems go way beyond Amare. It's actually getting annoying how he gets blame after every loss now.