PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so i'm trying to not make this sound like its a race thing...(VY)

MajorMike
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
but every single black sports commentator is going absolutely apeshit over VY.

I had an 8 hours drive frm SA back home and I listened to sat radio espn all day. Stew Scott, TJ, and 2 other dudes were all just saying how this was so amazing.

One of the guys, I forget, was on the Gotlieb's show and he said, "Its the best story in the NFL this season." Doug said something like, oh come on, seriously with Farve and New Orleans and even Chris Johnson on that very team and they guy said, "You just don't want to see it because you don't want Vince to be successful as a QB." Doug was totally, did you REALLY just say that to me and what the hell is your problem and the guy all went off about how the establishment hates VY and the things he is doing are "beyong heroic." Yes, he really did say "beyond heroic." I didn't realize overcoming being a headcase was heroic, bt it takes all kinds.

TJ was on Van Pelt's show, and he said that the drive was (and again I am quoting) "...the best 99=yard drive I have ever seen." SVP said, "... REALLY?" TJ said, oh ya it was just the best ever.

It seems like most people (sportwriters) are giving VY plenty of due but the black tv guy is completely hyping the whole thing. Does it seem racist? Are black sportwriters trying to get the back Vick taste out of everyone's mouth? Am I seeing things? I don't give a flip one way or the other, honestly, and I sorta like VY. I just can't deny what I am seeing and hearing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I know you didn't mean to, but I can't wait to see what this thread turns into.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
The love of VY makes his fans say some outlandish things, regardless of race.

He's played pretty well, but his story just doesn't compare to CJ's or Favre's.

And I fucking hate Brett Favre.

gaKNOW!blee
12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
This oughta be fun...

Kermit
12-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Vince brings out the retard in people.

MajorMike
12-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Like his owner?

dirk4mvp
12-01-2009, 01:05 AM
He's starting to look like a good player, but he's not the main reason they're hot right now.

There's a reason CJ is starting to be compared and even said to be better than AP.

But he went to Eastern Carolina and didn't chode bload usc, so no one cares.

lil'mo
12-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Vince Yound has transcended the sport on AT LEAST ONE occassion and everyone should be getting hyped about this guy. I don't see in color, is VY black?

It was the very same commentators and media that you're talking about that painted him as a "headcase" which was never really the case. Just made for good stories at the time.

Spursfan092120
12-01-2009, 01:44 AM
heroic? no. playing great? yes. good story? definitely.

J.T.
12-01-2009, 02:50 AM
Vince definitely needed to be benched regardless of whatever supposed mental problems he had at the time. Dude was pretty inconsistent and really gargled goat piss as a pocket passer. I think he was overhyped by that OT touchdown run against the Texans and for driving his team within range of a sixty yard field goal to beat Indy. That one is all on Bironas for nailing a clutch fucking kick (this kick is also, coincidentally, why everyone who talks about Bironas overrates the shit out of him now). Also, he led a few other comebacks that happened mostly as a result of his defense. Yeah, he still had to make the plays and all that, but when you're down by 24 points, you've probably played like shit all game. Just sayin'.

Obviously dude is a good player. He made the Pro Bowl and the playoffs, and imo should have beat San Diego. If he can play at the level he did last week and be consistent with it for a few games, maybe the benching helped him figure shit out. He's always seemed like he was trying to hard or wasn't thinking about it seriously.

Goran Dragic
12-01-2009, 03:15 AM
This chode bload thing is really fuckin gay.

J.T.
12-01-2009, 03:19 AM
This chode bload thing is really fuckin gay.

don't scoff on the mookie crew brah, those cats are pretty cool.

Goran Dragic
12-01-2009, 03:24 AM
don't scoff on the mookie crew brah, those cats are pretty cool.

At times. Other times they act like they know everything.

resistanze
12-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Commentators have gone apeshit over Brett Favre for like, the past 3 seasons. It's just a matter of whatever makes a good story at the time. I don't see the connection between VY and Vick, besides the fact they're black.

Goran Dragic
12-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I know that you are just being sensitive about your chode.

You guys are the ones who are obsessed with chodes and blowing them, not me.

symple19
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
VY is a great story, to be sure. The way that team has come together is remarkable. Fisher is (as always) underrated and CJ is a fuckin pimp. Simply, the Titans are playing like a team and doing so with a gameplan that suits their personnel.

Most sports media is a hyperbole factory these days, so I tend to take the talking heads with a grain of salt. I really didn't need anyone to tell me that Vince and the Titans are an interesting development.

What I'd like to see with the Titans is consistency going forward. If that happens and Houston continues to develop, then that may become the most interesting division in football (if not the best) as long as Peyton is still around.

vander
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Titans will finish below .500

2Cleva
12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
TMQ has a nice spin on it - and he's not Black.

In other football news, TMQ has a running item, "Best 99-Yard Drive," accorded to any team that stages a 99-yard touchdown drive. I'd never seen a 99-yard touchdown drive that resulted in victory on the game's final play! As USC was trying to hang onto its lead against Texas -- sorry, I meant as Arizona tried to hang onto its lead against Tennessee -- Vince Young staged one of the great outhouse-to-penthouse moments in sports annals: an 18-play, 99-yard drive consisting of 17 Young passes and one Young scramble, leading to the winning touchdown on fourth-and-goal on the last snap. A year ago at this time, sports pundits were predicting Young would be waived by Tennessee and his NFL career would be over. Now Young is one of the NFL's hottest performers.

Two things were particularly impressive about that final Tennessee drive. First, of course, Young did what he's never really done before, in college or in the pros -- he stood in the pocket, scanned the field, and threw to the open man. His classic pocket-passer performance on that drive equals any ever staged by Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Second, on 18 snaps, Young was touched by the defense only once. That drive could not have occurred without fabulous offensive line play, so let's name the offensive linemen on the field: Michael Roos, Eugene Amano, Kevin Mawae, Jake Scott and David Stewart.

Young is now on a 9-0 streak as a starter. Let's hope Tim Tebow has him on commission, as Young likely has earned Tebow millions of dollars in bonus money lately. TMQ noted last week that Young's victories will raise Tebow's draft status, since Young is the NFL player most similar to Tebow. As recently as September, draftniks Mel Kiper and Todd McShay were predicting Tebow would go no higher than the second round of the 2010 "selection meeting" -- McShay forecast that Tebow could fall as far as the fourth round. Why? Purists haven't seen Tebow perform in the pocket, and think big guys who look more like tight ends than quarterbacks can't win consistently in the NFL. Suddenly a big guy who looks more like a tight end than a quarterback is on a 9-0 tear in the NFL. If Young keeps winning, Tebow could rocket up to the top five picks in the 2010 draft. Tim -- send Vince a case of champagne!...

The first part is in response to the 99-yard drive. How many people can name one that ended with a TD to end the game? If you can't think of one, its clear VY's led the best ever.

As far as the next point - certain athletes have that special something that can elicit emotional responses to their deeds. VY has had it for years.

Third, of the stereotypical scrambling QB - VY came in with the potential to be better than them all because he did it with his arm and legs in college. He came into the league and had success with his legs and now has put the entire package together. For those fans of that style of QB - he's the torch holder.

And lastly - VY gets a lot of hate because of his style on and off the field but the haters ignoring the results gets under a lot of peoples skins. He's won consistently at every level at a high rate. In fact - he currently has the 4th highest winning percentage of a player drafted this decade (behind Brady, Rivers, and Big Ben).

Udokafan05
12-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Meril Hodge still probably hates VY, always has. He is probably the worst NFL guy ESPN has.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I think that's the best 99 yrd drive I've seen from a standpoint they had to go about 90 of it with no time outs and less than 2:00 in the game. A lot of 4th down clutch plays in a row too.

Of course it's overhyped, and naturally the black commentators will go a bit further too. Just like Mexicans would if Jose Lopez was his name or Asians would if Yao Xilian was his name. Your problem is subjecting yourself to 8 straight hours of that garbage. Hit a music station every once in a while.

Kyle Orton
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
They had over 2 and a half minutes with 2 timeouts left. But leave it to a Young fan to leave things like that out.

to21
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I think he meant they went down most of the field without using a TO and in under two minutes.

Blake
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Vince brings out the retard in people.

yeah, I'm amazed at how balls deep you've gone for Vince. I thought you were a little less biased than that.

IronMexican
12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah, I'm amazed at how balls deep you've gone for Vince. I thought you were a little less biased than that.

Me too. I know a lot of UT fans have a lot of love for Vince, and I do too for certain USC players, but Kermit's taking it to another level with VY's knob.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Racism is very much alive in the NFL.

In fact, there was a recent article in SI.com written about how white running backs never get any playing time, because coaches in the NFL seem to think they aren't as athletic or don't associate them with making plays like a black running back can.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Racism is very much alive in the NFL.

In fact, there was a recent article in SI.com written about how white running backs never get any playing time, because coaches in the NFL seem to think they aren't as athletic or don't associate them with making plays like a black running back can.

Other than maybe Peyton Hillis, I can't think of a white running back who demonstrated any reason why he'd be successful if given more touches.

Kermit
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Your ability to spot a troll job has gone downhill. Is it my fault you take the bait everytime? You easy.

Blake is now gathering the posts.

90210010101/Mike Vick redux.

Blake
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Your ability to spot a troll job has gone downhill. Is it my fault you take the bait everytime? You easy.

huh. I thought you were a real ut fan.

Nicely played though, and thanks for letting me know. I'll remember to ignore your opinions in future threads since obviously they are just shit.

Kermit
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I am. You're easy to provoke. For instance, mention Vince and good in the same sentence and you cum you pants.

Blake
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I am. You're easy to provoke. For instance, mention Vince and good in the same sentence and you cum you pants.

pretty much on target. well done, troll.

12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Garrison Hearst led an amazing 99 yard TD drive in OT against the Jets a few years back.

Of course, it was only one play, but it did win the game and it was a helluva run.

Kermit
12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/04/kleenex.jpg

Blake
12-01-2009, 04:53 PM
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momformation/files/2009/04/kleenex.jpg

wow....I honestly never knew you were just a troll. Goes to show you really don't know anyone like you think you might.

oh well.

Whisky Dog
12-01-2009, 09:08 PM
They had over 2 and a half minutes with 2 timeouts left. But leave it to a Young fan to leave things like that out.

They had a 4th down inside their own 10. Under 2 minutes left. That's why I said about 90 yards and not 99 yards, it took them some time to get out of their own 10 yd line so the last 90 were in that time span. Read the fucking post and think before spouting off like blake in a VY thread.

Nathan Explosion
12-01-2009, 09:46 PM
The one thing I love about people looking to hate on Vince is that people are saying he wouldn't be winning if not for Chris Johnson. Nevermind the fact that Kerry Collins had CJ too and yet, nothing.

What Vince has done is make the defense play a bit more honest. His scrambling ability keeps the defensive ends from collapsing the pocket because he can break contain and make things happen with his feet and arm.

It's a great story because after losing 6 to start, they've stormed back to nearly reach .500. We'll see how it works from here.

If you think it's bad now, can you imagine if the Titans pull off a mini miracle and actually make the wild card?

Kyle Orton
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
lol Young fan twisting the argument so he sees fit.

Whisky Dog
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
lol Young fan twisting the argument so he sees fit.

Yes, because stating facts about the game situations = twisting the argument.

What can you expect? Kyle Orton - a shitty QB gets a shitty, illiterate troll. Makes sense.

12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Kyle Orton isn't shitty, he just wins football games.

He's the #5 winningest QB this decade.

LOL@MavsFan
12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
but every single black sports commentator is going absolutely apeshit over VY.

I had an 8 hours drive frm SA back home and I listened to sat radio espn all day. Stew Scott, TJ, and 2 other dudes were all just saying how this was so amazing.

One of the guys, I forget, was on the Gotlieb's show and he said, "Its the best story in the NFL this season." Doug said something like, oh come on, seriously with Farve and New Orleans and even Chris Johnson on that very team and they guy said, "You just don't want to see it because you don't want Vince to be successful as a QB." Doug was totally, did you REALLY just say that to me and what the hell is your problem and the guy all went off about how the establishment hates VY and the things he is doing are "beyong heroic." Yes, he really did say "beyond heroic." I didn't realize overcoming being a headcase was heroic, bt it takes all kinds.

TJ was on Van Pelt's show, and he said that the drive was (and again I am quoting) "...the best 99=yard drive I have ever seen." SVP said, "... REALLY?" TJ said, oh ya it was just the best ever.

It seems like most people (sportwriters) are giving VY plenty of due but the black tv guy is completely hyping the whole thing. Does it seem racist? Are black sportwriters trying to get the back Vick taste out of everyone's mouth? Am I seeing things? I don't give a flip one way or the other, honestly, and I sorta like VY. I just can't deny what I am seeing and hearing.

No pun intended I hope....haha:lol

chode_regulator
12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Couple things, even if the Titans finish under .500, not on Vince's shoulders. Obviously hard to overcome a 0-6 start and finish 500 or better. He sure is giving it a run for the money.
People seem to forget that he is on a 9 win tear which is pretty fuckin impressive.
While not the first or last time a 99 yd drive has happened, it showed how far he has come to orchestrate something of that magnitude. I mean how many times does a team get teh ball inside the 5 and end up punting within 6 plays? Quite often.
For those mentioning Bret Favre, if you think that douche didn't get enough coverage over this summer and the previous summer you got issues. I'm sick of hearing about him. I used to like him, he used to be one of my favorite qb's. I am glad he is doing well but the media oversaturated the market with him over the last two years and I am tired of hearing his name. Plus it's not like he's the only player to ever be 40 or like he was really shitty before hand or something.
As for the black sportscasters, I put as much faith in anyone who works for ESPN as I do in the fools who work for TMZ or People. Just a bunch of idiots who run around spouting off wahtever is the hot topic at the moment. White, black, yellow....they're all dumb.
CJ does deserve credit, but as I stated somewehre else, the QB is the one who gets the credit for wins/losses, no one else. I think that's why Vince is getting more limelight than him, though for him to be supplanting Adrian is quite the compliment.

LOL texans
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
This thread has failed to deliver what the original posters intentions were. Getting people to talk about Vince "only" being good because he's black. And how black commentators are biased towards blacks. Basically, it failed to elicit a black bashing thread which he(MajorMike) so desperately hoped for.

Mike, you are obviously prejudice. Over the past few weeks I have seen and heard (we all have)black AND white commentators talking about being impressed with Vince has done these past few games. At the same time there have been black AND white commentators who are still critical of Vince(see Chris Carter and Jamie Dukes just to name a couple). Just because YOU hear a couple of black NFL football commentators saying they like what they are seeing from Vince, doesn't give your prejudice viewpoint the credibility you crave for it to have.

You are not only prejudice, but you need to just accept the fact that U.T. owns osu aswell. :toast

resistanze
12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
This thread has failed to deliver what the original posters intentions were. Getting people to talk about Vince "only" being good because he's black. And how black commentators are biased towards blacks. Basically, it failed to elicit a black bashing thread which he(MajorMike) so desperately hoped for.

Mike, you are obviously prejudice. Over the past few weeks I have seen and heard (we all have)black AND white commentators talking about being impressed with Vince has done these past few games. At the same time there have been black AND white commentators who are still critical of Vince(see Chris Carter and Jamie Dukes just to name a couple). Just because YOU hear a couple of black NFL football commentators saying they like what they are seeing from Vince, doesn't give your prejudice viewpoint the credibility you crave for it to have.

You are not only prejudice, but you need to just accept the fact that U.T. owns osu aswell. :toast

[/thread]

Rush Limbaugh/McNabb fail.

MajorMike
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Wow, you are either just not very smart or just not very smart.

to21
12-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Pretty much when a person says "Ok, so i'm trying to not make this sound like its a race thing..."

It's pretty much an indication of tiny bit of racism or prejudice. But not knowing Mike on a personal level, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kermit
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
"Hey man, I've got some black friends, but....."

MajorMike
12-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Actually, no. It means it is an innocent question that the uneducated and ignorant will misconstrue, therefore you have to qualify.

Blake
12-03-2009, 12:04 PM
I think there are Vince honks all over the place just from being fans from his NC game performance regardless of color.

I also think if Tebow ever gets real NFL playing time and a has a good game that we'll hear a lot of the same nob slobbering.

Blake's Tongue
12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Blake speaks the truth...believe me, I know. :toast

LOL texans
12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Pretty much when a person says "Ok, so i'm trying to not make this sound like its a race thing..."

It's pretty much an indication of tiny bit of racism or prejudice. But not knowing Mike on a personal level, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't. Its pretty obvious he carries some prejudice in him. Screw him.

Vince's Ass
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Blake speaks the truth...believe me, I know. :toast

Missed you last night. Why didn't you come over?

Spursfan092120
12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Missed you last night. Why didn't you come over?
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/SpockWin.jpg