PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker movie

nbaman99
12-01-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.tonyparker-lefilm.com

found this out of Tony's web site. it looks better than kobe's movie and of course we don't have a way of watching it on out tele vision. does anyone knows how to get this here or know a link we can watch this?

kace
12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
kinda weird to make himself his own movie with tons of people praising him.

i'll pass.

urunobili
12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I'll buy the DVD for sure.. Im a fan :tu

Rapper
12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
I'll buy the DVD for sure

Bambililos
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow. I know I'm a huge fan of Parker, but I just can't buy this. A movie to his glory, by himself and his friends. Ridiculous.

urunobili
12-01-2009, 12:18 PM
lol TP Fans upset about this

greyforest
12-01-2009, 12:22 PM
tony has a huge ego???? what the heck!!!

Ginobilly
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Wow. I know I'm a huge fan of Parker, but I just can't buy this. A movie to his glory, by himself and his friends. Ridiculous.

LMAO at you so called Spurs fans:lol First you'll complain that the Spurs are boring, that they never do anything for the fans, and now that Tony is releasing an autobiographical film, you'll bitch about it? Are you going to complain too when Timmy finally decides to do MTV cribs??

LOL@MavsFan
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Stupid frenchmen

Ginobilly
12-01-2009, 12:30 PM
well, at least he made the film after he accomplished: 3 :lobt2:, 2 all-star, 1 finals MVP, unlike Lebron who hasn't won shit and is releasing movies and videos about his greatness.

greyforest
12-01-2009, 12:31 PM
anyone who makes their own movie about their greatness is douche

Ginobilly
12-01-2009, 12:43 PM

or a smart business man. You know a lot of people, especially Teenage girls, are going to buy it. I wont buy it, but I'll probably check it out on Netflix. Now if we could get Manu to release one!

greyforest
12-01-2009, 12:47 PM
or a smart business man

"or" implies these things are mutually exclusive. on the contrary, smart business mans are usually douche

timaios
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM

So, you saw it ?

Because i saw that movie on canal+ (French TV) last year.
It's about his childhood, there a lot of footage of TP with his best friends and his brothers when he was really young.
There's some interviews of Jordan, Pop, Manu & Tim.
It's not about his greatness, it's about his education, his mother and his father.
There is a lot of funny moments. You see TP, Ronny Turiaf, Boris Diaw & Mickael Piétrus when they were 15-16...
And there is some videos of his wedding. And he talks about his relationship with Pop, Manu & Tim and how it was difficult for him when he made his NBA debuts.

It's about a kid who made his dreams come true.
It was a very nice movie.

Bukefal
12-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Nice, I would like to see it.

Why a douche? It's smart and nice for his fans!

Go For Tree
12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
So, you saw it ?

It's about his childhood, there a lot of footage of TP with his best friends and his brothers when he was really young.
It's not about his greatness, it's about his education, his mother and his father.
There is a lot of funny moments. You see TP, Ronny Turiaf, Boris Diaw & Mickael Piétrus when they were 15-16...
And there is some videos of his wedding. And he talks about his relationship with Pop, Manu & Tim and how it was difficult for him when he made his NBA debuts.

sounds like its worth watching to me. thanks for the info. :toast

Kori Ellis
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
So, you saw it ?

Thanks for the clarification. I heard good things about it from someone else too. They said it wasn't about "his glory" at all but rather about his family, basketball and life so far.

Juanobili
12-01-2009, 01:36 PM
would love to see it

but is it all in French? I hope there's at least English subtitles

SPURSGOAT
12-01-2009, 02:02 PM
damn I want this dvd... hope it has English subs. I don't care if he made the movie himself about himself; it looks bad ass and I am a Parker fan. :toast

Actually after looking at the pics of the dvd box and a bit of the contents; it is all in French... :( English Subs would be fine for the dvd content, but wonder if there is an English version to read all of the other stuff in the box.

sonic21
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
saw some parts. Good movie :tu

sonic21
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
lol TP Fans upset about this

:huh

urunobili
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM
:huh

did you read the entire thread? :wakeup

jag
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
So, you saw it ?

I'll have to check it out. Is it only in french?

Bambililos
12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
LMAO at you so called Spurs fans:lol First you'll complain that the Spurs are boring, that they never do anything for the fans, and now that Tony is releasing an autobiographical film, you'll bitch about it? Are you going to complain too when Timmy finally decides to do MTV cribs??

What the hell are you talking about ? When did I say the Spurs are boring ? I love the Spurs and I like what they're doing on the court. Parker is my favorite player, but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of his persona.

Timaios, I like what you're saying about the movie. It's just that the trailer sounds either like a teen horror movie, or a peplum, so I was kinda reluctant.

I still won't buy it, but I might watch it if I get the occasion...

Macca76
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
So, you saw it ?

Same for me, I saw it on Canal + and it's actually really worth seing it. As Timaios said it's really about TP's family and friends and most TP fans will enjoy it. Greats images from his childhood and some huge highlights also !

The Truth #6
12-01-2009, 04:23 PM
If it's a good movie then whatever concerns people have about the motivations behind it shouldn't matter.

Brazil
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
So, you saw it ?

I saw it I wouldn't say it's a nice movie, I'd say it's entertaining enough for seeing it untill the end without thinking I lost my time.

And I confirm it's not about his greatness but a movie about buddies, family and growing up.

nbaman99
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
People this is so simple. Lebron and kobe have all this guys around them like spick lee who wants to make movies about them. at least Kobe had done something in the nba world, what have king james done so far? other hand tony parker have 3 rings, finals mvp on his belt. so if spick lee not going to make his movie what's wrong u make ur own one? he done so much for the game and the spurs, he should have a movie along with timmy and manu.

duhoh
12-01-2009, 05:42 PM

so. . .

you watched it, is your anus talking?

kace
12-02-2009, 03:29 AM
What the hell are you talking about ? When did I say the Spurs are boring ? I love the Spurs and I like what they're doing on the court. Parker is my favorite player, but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of his persona.

Timaios, I like what you're saying about the movie. It's just that the trailer sounds either like a teen horror movie, or a peplum, so I was kinda reluctant.

I still won't buy it, but I might watch it if I get the occasion...

same for me. couldn't have said it better.

i didn't see it but the trailer and all the buzz around it was all about others people overpraising him. that don't make me really interested in this movie.

Hearing Timaios and Brazil, it seems it's not really what it looks. Fortunately. Still, i'm not very enthusiastic about it honestly.

ClingingMars
12-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Kobe's movie was actually VERY good. I loved that Spike Lee micced him up during a Spurs game...you learn how cerebral he really is, and his admiration and respect for the Spurs as well.

Sounds like Parker's is more of a life story, which is cool too.

nbaman99
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
have to agree with u there, kobe showed lot of love for spurs, more than i expected. mainly for manu, he loved manu.

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I finally got it, seems cool. But its the French version, going to be tough for me 2 understand everything. Is there an English version at all?

TDomination
05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Kobe's movie was actually VERY good. I loved that Spike Lee micced him up during a Spurs game...you learn how cerebral he really is, and his admiration and respect for the Spurs as well.

Sounds like Parker's is more of a life story, which is cool too.

I thought it was pretty cool too...kobes movie that is.

Though I can't help but think that a lot of things he said were not truly what he would say during a regular game without the mics. He knew he was mic'd up so he's gotta watch what he says. But idk, maybe it is.

lefty
05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm not going to watch that

Waiting for the REAL blockbuster movie: Batmanu, the Latino Knight

dynamodr3w
05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
where can i get the film?

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
http://www.tonyparker-lefilm.com/

Pauleta14
05-04-2010, 06:16 PM

+1!

I think doing that when you're not even retired is just pathetic...

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I just watched it, it's great. A lot of stuff from when he was young in France. Funny footage, nice words by Pop, Robinson, Timmy, Magic, Jordan, about eva and his marriage, it's nice.

A must watch!!

Bukefal
05-04-2010, 06:24 PM

+1!

I think doing that when you're not even retired is just pathetic...

Why? what kind of BS is that? It's a nice documentary, why shouldnt he do it? What is wrong with that? It isn't by himself nor just his friends. I think it's a nice documentary and not pathetic at all, it's a nice opportunity for his fans and basketball lovers to have a little insight in his life, his career etc...

nothing wrong with that. You should get a copy, watch it, im sure you will enjoy it, especially if you two are Parker fans :toast

Pauleta14
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Why? what kind of BS is that? It's a nice documentary, why shouldnt he do it? What is wrong with that? It isn't by himself nor just his friends. I think it's a nice documentary and not pathetic at all, it's a nice opportunity for his fans and basketball lovers to have a little insight in his life, his career etc...

nothing wrong with that. You should get a copy, watch it, im sure you will enjoy it, especially if you two are Parker fans :toast

Nothing against the movie itself, I'll probably whatch it and enjoy it...

It's the fact that Tony is producing himself a movie about himself that is pathetic!
If there has to be a movie about him it has to be done by a "neutral" part...

+ At this point of his carreer? really?

I find it "narcissico-magalomaniac"... :lol

But it's no big deal...

SpursFanAlways
05-05-2010, 02:14 AM

I would really love to see this movie, but I don't speak French. And I don't think it comes in English subtitles, right?

Thanks for the description, by the way!

What does Tony say about his relationship with Manu?

Man In Black
05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
It's a bio-pic. Ain't nothing new. It's not in the vein of Kobe doin' work, which was okay. I mean even that film was Spike's version of Zidane, A 21st Century Portrait.
http://movies.nytimes.com/2008/10/24/movies/24zida.html

e1UwddoQii0

Also, not everything Kobe does turns to gold. Do you remember his failed attempt as a rap recording artist? Bombed spectacularly!!!

Like many in the public eye, Bryant felt the urge to show the world that his skills extended beyond those for which he was famous. Much like the prose of Ethan Hawke, the poetry of Jewel, and whatever Keanu Reeves is doing in this video, the rhymes and flow of Kobe Bryant left the entire country shouting "don't quit your day job" like a cranky dad who still thinks it's funny to heckle during the Star Spangled Banner at a high school football game.
In 2000, Bryant released two tracks from his debut rap album "Visions," slated to "drop" later that year. With its Casio-tinged beat and wooden lyrics, the album's first single, “K.O.B.E.” forced the hip-hop community to collectively reconsider its belief that "Shaq Diesel" was the worst thing to ever happen to rap, ever. This marked the last collaboration between writer/producers Kobe Bryant and Tyra Banks.
In a genre where success is often predicated on "street cred," it is surprising that a multimillionaire who grew up in the Italian countryside playing soccer had a difficult time appealing to the urban youth.
MpzJgLzzX38

stéphane
05-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Not as bad as it could have been. Sounds weird to hear somebody made a film about themselves but this one is ok. Mostly childhood and as a fellow countryman stated, it's more about his bball dream coming true than a Iamthebestballeraroundbitches type of movie. I'd like to see one of this kind about Manu.

Bukefal
05-05-2010, 03:31 AM
Nothing against the movie itself, I'll probably whatch it and enjoy it...

It's the fact that Tony is producing himself a movie about himself that is pathetic!
If there has to be a movie about him it has to be done by a "neutral" part...

+ At this point of his carreer? really?

I find it "narcissico-magalomaniac"... :lol

But it's no big deal...

Well its made by someone else so its neutral, but of course in cooperation with tony, but that's normal. almost every biographical documentaries are made in cooperation with the main star. I mean there are so many basketball players who made one, kobe, lebron etc.. so why not TP?

And why does it matter if its at this point of his career? I think right now is better, because right now his thousands of fans are actually experiencing him and seeing him play, they are now a fan of his, so they want to see about his life now, not in 20 years.

In 20 years, it's time for another movie maybe where you remember him, but that documentary then will be made in a different way, not like this one, giving a insight in his current life, and that's what the documentary is about, what he goes through, his personal life and his career, which he still is in. I think its a good idea and they did a nice job.

Bukefal
05-05-2010, 03:37 AM
I would really love to see this movie, but I don't speak French. And I don't think it comes in English subtitles, right?

Thanks for the description, by the way!

What does Tony say about his relationship with Manu?

Yeah it's a shame its just the french version, but alot of the people, magic, jordan, manu, duncan, pop, eva longoria, tony parker sr etc.. are all talking in english, so you can understand that. And if you are a bit familiar with French you can understand alot out of what the others say, you dont have to be fluent.

Manu talks about finding TP unbelievably mature at that age when he entered the nba, then what he was.

http://studiocanaldvd.com/fr/theme_6_scv_45_dvd_bluray_Sport.php