PDA

View Full Version : The joys of looking for work

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
:bang

Have been looking for work now for a few months and still nothing. My Accounting studies are keeping me busy as well but i am so keen to kick start my accounting career NOW.

Anyone else jobless and desperate for work? it SUCKS :depressed

/venting

Fillmoe
12-01-2009, 02:03 PM
nope just you...

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
:lol Well then, maybe all the employed people can send me $10 each and help me out! :lmao

ashbeeigh
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm rather enjoying the sleeping until 11 and writing resumes to auto reply e-mails that say "Thank You! We look forward to speaking to you!" and then never hearing from them. And then reading B2B's daily rants. It's a nice routine.

But, it has only been a month and I get an extra $25 of unemployment every two weeks thanks to the stimulus. So, that's nice.

Chomag
12-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm in your boat right now. I just got laid off from a company that I put in 15 years of work. I"m also have been looking for the bast 2 months without any luck. This job Msrket realy sucks right now, but I'm hoping things will be much better after the holidays. Heres hoping:toast

On the bright side it has motivated me to go back to school and try to finish my masters(Now if buying books wasnt like buying a new car). Anyway, good luck to you.

samikeyp
12-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I feel ya. Im in a suck-ass job now and trying to look. Luckily I do have one so its not as bad.

Strike
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Been there. I was out of work for 2 years from '01 to '03. Some of that time was voluntary, some of it wasn't. I sent resumes and filled out more applications than I care to remember. Good thing I got unemployment and repeated extensions or I would have ended up homeless.

ashbeeigh
12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I feel ya. Im in a suck-ass job now and trying to look. Luckily I do have one so its not as bad.

When did this happen? You didn't tell anyone.

Frenzy
12-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I would like to be out of work...but with a paycheck. I'm working on how to do that with out feeling like a bum.

Other than paid vacation of course. But I only get 5 weeks. I heard some people much more than that.

David Bowie
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
I have been unemployed for like a year, with a few short sucky jobs throughout the year. I am starting a new job this Monday, but it seems very boring, lol. I really miss the job I had before the recession hit hard. I don't think I'll ever find a job like that again. ):