PDA

View Full Version : War Machine Revealed in 'Iron Man 2' Poster

NameDropper
12-01-2009, 11:56 PM
This isn't really news but......

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-war-machine-revealed.html

I really enjoy Don Cheadle's work.

Towards the end of 2008's "Iron Man," James "Rhodey" Rhodes (played by Terrence Howard) looked at the early silver version of Tony Stark's high-tech armor and said to himself, "Next time, baby."

That "next time" is coming on May 7, when "Iron Man 2" hits theaters. And Rhodey will get his wish, donning the heavily-armored metallic suit that turns him into War Machine, a character that has been a part of the "Iron Man" comic books for 30 years. But getting superpowers isn't the only change for the character.

In a much-publicized contract dispute, Terrence Howard was dropped from the sequel and replaced by actor Don Cheadle. While the exact details of why Marvel Studios made the switch, Entertainment Weekly reported that Howard's original contract made him the highest-paid actor in the first film, and when the producers tried to scale back his paycheck for the sequel, Howard's representatives balked. Cheadle told IGN that he was approached for the role after Howard had already left the project, and he only had a few hours to decide if he wanted to step in.

A brief reference to the casting switch was revealed in footage director Jon Favreau screened for fans at this summer's San Diego Comic Con. In an early scene in the movie, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is being questioned by a Senate panel about Iron Man and James Rhodes is called to testify. When Rhodes' face is revealed to be Don Cheadle, he says, "It's me. I'm here. Get over it."

Should be a great sequel from what I've heard.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/mo/pseudoblog_ironman2poster500.jpg

MannyIsGod
12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Don Cheadle is cool and I like him but I wish it was Terrance Howard in there.

JoeChalupa
12-02-2009, 12:14 AM
RDJ is why I'd watch this.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2009, 12:15 AM
wtf is terrance?

JoeChalupa
12-02-2009, 12:15 AM

But I must agree with this.

JoeChalupa
12-02-2009, 12:16 AM
wtf is terrance?

Shirley you can't be serious.

duhoh
12-02-2009, 01:20 AM
WAR MACHINE!!!!!!!

i love that guy

B-Hath
12-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I just don't get the casting Don Cheadle. I'd rather see Dennis Haysbert (24, The Unit), or Michael Clarke Duncan. I'm gonna have a hard time buying Don Cheadle as War Machine.

EmptyMan
12-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Goofy casting in a hollywood comic book movie. Keep up the good work Hollywood.

If Marvel had played their cards right, we could have been gearing up for a mega blockbuster Civil War collaboration by now. :depressedInstead they pay pissy spoiled overrated actors/actresses who have no respect for the role they are playing and no concept of long-term success for the franchise.

Cheadle is good and Iron Man was great. 2 will be amazing. It's all good.

florige
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM

I agree. I like Cheadle, but I hate when they change characters in sequels. Especially when the two had such a good repoire the first time around.

Frenzy
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
when are they gonna make a hulk vs ironman or something.

lebomb
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
when are they gonna make a hulk vs ironman or something.

I think that will be in the next Hulk movie.

sonic21
12-02-2009, 09:45 AM
I was vastly unimpressed with Howard. The weak link in an otherwise fine film, and having Cheadle come in to replace him was a smart choice.

EricB
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
IMO cheadle is more for comedies and dramas. He was fantastic in the ocean's trilogy.

EmptyMan
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I always picture Howard with a Mike Tyson voice for some reason.

iggypop123
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
this was leaked ages ago in that comic con footage, that war machine was in the film