PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones JR VS Danny Green

mystargtr34
12-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Boy that was quick :lol.....

Danny Green just TKO'd him within a minute.

MI21.... heres to our WA boy :toast

mystargtr34
12-02-2009, 06:40 AM
I like Roy though, hes a legend. But he should probably retire now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-02-2009, 08:36 AM
lol is he going to ask for a rematch with the man mundine?

MI21
12-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Incredible by Danny! Rocked him big time with that right hook to the temple. Damn. Didn't expect that at all. I was at a mates house with a loungeful of people and we were shocked.

Did this fight get much coverage in the states? Did anyone give a shit about it?

lebomb
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Damn.............. Roy Jones is just a mere shadow of the boxer he once was. Please for the love of god RETIRE!!!!

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
RJJ should have retired long ago. It's hard to believe that he was once so hated. On the level of PBF. I just look away thinking about him now. I still wanted a fucking link to the fight yesterday though.

IronMexican
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow, I am embarrassed for those announcers. I know that this must be Australia's great hope, but please.

oud8CxDuUOg

mystargtr34
12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Yea the Aussies announcers are douches ... They were talking about Roy like he was still in his prime to pump up Danny ... But damn what a performance ..Bernard should give green a fight .. Bernard was talkin a lot of shit to green before the fight so hopefully he will giv green a shotfor taking away his big payday

mystargtr34
12-02-2009, 10:56 PM
It still sucks to see that happen to Roy though ... He's always been one of my favourite fighters ... But it's a shame the casual Aussie fan probly will never realize how great he was after zeei g that last night ..

At least they got see what an awesome human being he is with his post fight speech ... Nothing but praise for green even though it was obvious he was almost in shock and disappointed..

He'll always be a legend

Blackjack
12-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Roy Jones Jr. just got TKO'd... on a weekday?

I saw this scroll across the bottom of the screen and thought I'd misread it.

I was just reading about the possibility of Jones-Hopkins being on the same card as Paquiao-Mayweather, but had no idea this fight was going down already.

Down goes Jones, on a weekday...

Is this really how it's going to end?:depressed

mystargtr34
12-03-2009, 10:16 AM
lol is he going to ask for a rematch with the man mundine?

Depends what the weight is. Last time Green went down way too far, he was just rail thin, he even looked unhealthy IMO... he couldnt hurt Mundine without his power. Hes naturally a much bigger man so it would have to be at least at Light Heavy, but i dont think Mundine wants any part of him unless its at middleweight :lol.

In fact Mundine is already talking of moving down to 154... thats junior middleweight territory, and Green is a natural Light Heavyweight.

So, i dont see it happening, Mundine will find a way to dodge IMO.

mystargtr34
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Hopefully Green can get one of the following...

1. Hopkins (Light Heavy)
2. Adamek (Cruiser)
3. Bute (Super Middle)
4. Dawson (Light Heavy)

I think Green wants Hopkins next, but im not sure if Hopkins will give him that fight, since Green wont be a draw in the US like a Dawson or even Adamek/Haye.

I put Dawson at 4 because im not sure if i want Danny to fight him :lol, that dude is good.

DBryant88
12-03-2009, 11:36 AM
if hopkins and jones jr isn't happening, then whos going to be the Mayweather/Paquiao undrcard

Whisky Dog
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Green wants no part of Chad Dawson, it won't be a fight it'll be a demonstration if that happens. I'd rather see him take on Bute - who looked great destroying Andrade last Saturday with a body punch.

This is flat out pathetic for Roy, he shouldn't be allowed in a ring again. Hard to think the 90's unhitable man is now mere target practice for second rate fighters.

Whisky Dog
12-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm looking forward to this weekend and next weekend's fights. Baby Bull tries to prove he can take down Maglianaggi without corrupt judges and my personal favorite fight coming up - Paul Williams v Sergio Martinez. I hope that one is sick

mystargtr34
12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Green wants no part of Chad Dawson, it won't be a fight it'll be a demonstration if that happens. I'd rather see him take on Bute - who looked great destroying Andrade last Saturday with a body punch.

This is flat out pathetic for Roy, he shouldn't be allowed in a ring again. Hard to think the 90's unhitable man is now mere target practice for second rate fighters.

I agree Dawson would be tough to beat, but Danny will take the biggest fight he can get :lol. Green has that knockout power not many others have. He detroyed Beyer, who a 3 times WBC Super Middle Weight champion, in their first fight, knocking him down twice and punishing him for 5 rounds - but was disqualified due to a Beyer's cut which they ruled was opened by a Green headbutt. Replays showed that headbutt never happened, and the Germans gave Beyer the win.

Beyer beat him in the rematch via split decision, but even in that fight Green put him down with a late flurry in the 12th, but it was ruled a contreversial no knockdown, again in Germany.